IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

How young? Against the law young? Was it the nanny?

I don't think we should be spreading rumors about a victim of a sexual predator.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SAICFF webpage is also gone.

However, Jonathan Park is still up.

A musical theatre adaptation of Jonathan Park has some potential as a vehicle for Doug (Phillips who is a tool): lots of costumes, hazardous journeys (the JP website includes an adventure to Iwo Jima), exotic locations, opportunities to heroically save the wimminz, and encounters with anacondas. Hmmmmm...

Doug Phillips is a tool.

Set sceene. A few weeks after Tool o'ween. BRADRICK sitting at this computer, ready to break his silence. Just before he hits post on his facebook message, he jumps of his chair, throws it to the floor, rips off his Dragon headsets and burst into song

I want you to know, that you are a tool

I wish nothing but your downfall

A female version of me

Is she red-headed like me

Would she go down on you in the jungle

Does she worship your credo

And will she stroke your ego

I'm sure she'd make a really excellent bosom friend

'cause the love that you gave that we made wasn't able

To make it enough for your stance so wide, no

And every time you spoke her name

Did she know how you told me you'd be mine

Until you ruptured, till you ruptured

But you're still on earth

And I'm here to remind you

Of the mess you left when you went you sinned so bad

It's not fair to deny me

Of the manly friendship that you gave to me

You, you, you oughta know

You seem to be falling, deep into a big hole

My wife is hot and I thought that you should know

Did you forget about me your very bosom friend

I hate to bug you in the middle of your repentance

I want to slap you in the jewels because you are such a tool

Are you thinking of me when Be-all sends you to the sofa?

'cause the love that you gave that we made wasn't able

To make it enough for your stance so wide, no

And every time you spoke her name

Did she know how you told me you'd be mine

Until you ruptured, till you ruptured

But you're still on earth

It's not fair to deny me

'cause the joke is that you had a biblical friendship with me

And I'm not gonna fade

As soon as you open your internet you will know it

And every time I make my interns do push-ups

I hope you see it...well you will see it

It's not fair to deny me

NPcyTyilmYY

I don't think we should be spreading rumors about a victim of a sexual predator.

Can someone pm me? I don't want to read that jensgems blog. She's too windy.

I think Kail is probably just Kale - the vegetable that I'm imagining poor people ate with potatoes! Less interesting but also less sinister than "kill"!

:doh: I wondered why anyone would want to kill potatoes. :lol:

We've debated that Doug's partner was the nanny. I am not certain if that is accurate information or not. She could be the nanny or she might be some random woman Doug met at the local 7-11 while looking for a copy of "Manly Men and Anacondas" Do you want the nanny's name, Theology? I understand why August doesn't want to give out her real name on this thread but I was confused if August mean that we shouldn't even discuss if it is the nanny. Because we have a long thread doing exactly that, I can't see anymore harm discussing her further would do.

Theology, no one knows if the affair started when she was a minor or not.

All we really know for certain is that Doug had an affair and that more is happening than is being told. Everything else is based on our guesses.

I just realized that the Tool's wikipedia page has not been updated with is downfall...........I would think that is noteworthy...........

I just realized that the Tool's wikipedia page has not been updated with is downfall...........I would think that is noteworthy...........

I thought at one point it had been updated? Someone must have removed it.

We've debated that Doug's partner was the nanny. I am not certain if that is accurate information or not. She could be the nanny or she might be some random woman Doug met at the local 7-11 while looking for a copy of "Manly Men and Anacondas" Do you want the nanny's name, Theology? I understand why August doesn't want to give out her real name on this thread but I was confused if August mean that we shouldn't even discuss if it is the nanny. Because we have a long thread doing exactly that, I can't see anymore harm discussing her further would do.

Theology, no one knows if the affair started when she was a minor or not.

All we really know for certain is that Doug had an affair and that more is happening than is being told. Everything else is based on our guesses.

Scott Brown is speaking frankly again about Dougiegate. I just paid a visit to Jen's Gems, and found this post by T.W. Eston at the end of the latest comments thread:

T.W. Eston Says:

December 30, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Here’s the first half of Scott Brown’s “year-end letterâ€:

Dear brothers and sisters,

Deborah and I just returned from our last conference of the year in beautiful Anchorage, Alaska, promoting the importance of a “God-Centered Family.†I am now back home taking some time off, having tea with Deborah and Claudia, celebrating the Incarnation, playing with grandchildren, and praying about the coming year.

This year, we traveled from Tasmania to Anchorage and lots of places in between, making 2013 our busiest year ever in terms of the amount of conferences we hosted. We went to far-away places like Australia and New Zealand and made stops all across the United States, with conferences in California, Texas, Alabama, South Carolina, New York, Oklahoma, Georgia, Virginia, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Idaho, North Carolina, and Alaska.

I feel it has been a year of victories. One of the highlights of the year for me was conducting the Master’s Plan for Fatherhood conferences around the country. I believe, more than ever, that the equipping of fathers is the primary cause for the spread of the Gospel and the reformation of church and family life. The church cannot have qualified elders without first having faithful fathers who manage their households well. Similarly, without qualified elders you cannot have well-functioning churches. Now that I have 12 grandchildren, I am even more attentive to the importance of the various seasons in a father’s life.

It has also been a year of great sorrow. The burdens have been particularly heavy since September, when I learned of the infidelities of Doug Phillips spanning many years. I pray that these matters will result in the purging of sin, the healing of all, and the purifying of the church by causing all of us to fear God, humble ourselves, expose sin, repent of sin, cling to the truth contained in the Word of God, fix our eyes on Jesus and not man, continue to press for the reformation of our lives according to Scripture, and remember the power of the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. Galatians 6:1-4; Romans 1:16; Hebrews 12:1-29; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Matt 11:28; Isaiah 1:16-20.

I am profoundly reminded of the deceitfulness of sin. Even though people are capable of speaking truth or teaching important things, if we do not fight the seeds of lust, pride, and idolatry with the power of the Spirit, they will take over like gangrene and negatively affect absolutely everything we have done and will do in our lives. May we purpose to walk humbly in faith and “exhort one another daily, while it is call ‘Today’, lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin†(Hebrews 3:13).

Scott Brown is speaking frankly again about Dougiegate. I just paid a visit to Jen's Gems, and found this post by T.W. Eston at the end of the latest comments thread:

Uhhh, head count: Sippy/Kelly = 5; David/Monica = 3; Blair/Man-Child = 3; How does 5 + 3 + 3 = 12? In fundie world, maybe. So that must mean Kelly is indeed pregnant. Or maybe Claudia is (gasp!).

And I do believe this is the first time Scott has named Doug Phillips is a Tool by name. Totally throwing him under the bus without any doubt. More information must have come out so that he can do this without getting sued for libel. Interesting...

Wow.A lot of people are eager to separate their names from Doug's. This is from Jen'sGems

Negative comments appeared here recently regarding Doug Phillips’ “spiritual father†Pastor Robert Gifford. In response we received word from Pastor Gifford, via one of his daughters and one of his church members, that Pastor Gifford is in no way pleased to be portrayed by Doug Phillips as his spiritual father, and that he is in no way responsible for teaching Doug Phillips Dominionism, Patriarchy, Family Integrated Church, home school elitism, etc. According to these commenters Pastor Gifford has for years been openly confronting Doug Phillips for his unbiblical and extra-biblical positions.

Apparently,Pastor Gifford(whoever he is) taught Doug and Brad Phillips in middle school.At the time,Doug and Brad were Catholic and believed in theistic evolution.

Through the influence of Robert Gifford they turned from Roman Catholic evolutionists to make professions of faith in Christ and becoming creationists.

So, the man taught the brothers, had them over to his house numerous times and even performed Doug and Beall's wedding ceremony but please don't line them! Doug must have done something more than sleep with the nanny for so many people to be running away from any connection to his name.

This part is interesting but makes me wonder why Pastor Gifford didn't speak up before Doug's fall

“I was supposedly Doug’s spiritual father, but he invited this man, John Thompson, to come and instruct me about marriage and family. Doug knew I’d been teaching what the Word has to say about marriage and family for years. I had over a hundred messages I’d given on marriage and family. Doug orchestrated this whole evening so that Thompson could indoctrinate me in Patriarchy. We sat around the table while everyone listened to this man lecture me. After he got done Doug had us all move into the living room where the men all sat down on the couches. My wife sat next to me; but I noticed all the other women stood behind their husbands, including Beall. It was very strange. They just stood there the whole time behind their husbands. I thought we were going to have a nice conversation. But it wasn’t a conversation, and it was very uncomfortable. This guy Thompson took over and started asking me questions. The last thing he asked me was, ‘If you were in a grocery store and your children started to act rebellious, how would you respond?’ So I said, ‘I don’t go shopping. My wife shops. Honey, what would you do?’ So my wife starts to answer and this Thompson guy cuts her off and says, ‘Excuse me! I’m speaking to the men!’ At this point I really had to hold myself back. Doug just sat there the whole time and said nothing. It was obvious that Doug set this whole thing up. At this point we got up and left.â€

“When Doug left Virginia to move to San Antonio to start Vision Forum, I warned him to stay away from John Thompson and Patriarchy. I told him ‘It’s a tyrannical way to lead the family. It’s not biblica

l’.â€

And

Doug has misrepresented me in the worst sense. He’s made me out to be a Dominionist. He’s put it in print. He’s said it many times. It’s libel. Dominionism is completely contrary to everything I taught. I think that much of Doug’s views of Dominionism came from the Shepherding movement. There’s a lot of similarities. He also teaches the same thing the Muslims teach which is you take over the world by having lots of babies. You establish an army through your children. It’s important to understand this. If you look at Doug through all his advertisements, the Vision Forum, he’s got his kids on the covers dressed in armor. This is what they’re doing. They’re forming armies through their families. I’m just the absolute opposite of all that.â€

Uhhh, head count: Sippy/Kelly = 5; David/Monica = 3; Blair/Man-Child = 3; How does 5 + 3 + 3 = 12? In fundie world, maybe. So that must mean Kelly is indeed pregnant. Or maybe Claudia is (gasp!).

And I do believe this is the first time Scott has named Doug Phillips is a Tool by name. Totally throwing him under the bus without any doubt. More information must have come out so that he can do this without getting sued for libel. Interesting...

The grandkids count is the first thing I noticed too. If he's counting Bradrick! Blessing #6 in utero, does that mean Blair and Monica aren't pg again yet? Both of them should be knocked up again by now ig they're keeping to schedule. Or has Bradrick! Blessing #6 made its appearance and Scott hasn't been good enough to inform his adoring public? Or can Scotty just not count?

I don't think he runs any risk of being sued for his paragraph about Dougie. Apart from the fact that he found out about the whole affair in September, there's nothing there that wasn't already in Doug's confession and 'apology' letters.

R.C Sproul advocates wife spanking? That is what is claimed on Jen's Gems by a couple of the posters. Um...weird. If the Sprouls are just into kinky stuff, I guess that is their business but I don't know why they would share that with anyone.

I read further and this sounds like it was invented because I can' t imagine a group of people sitting through this

Mel, I can confirm Lindt’s comments about RC Sproul Jr and the wife spanking. We were members there years ago and witnessed it in his home. We were there in the early years of St. Peter Presbyterian Church. RC would sometimes invite families to his home for a meal, not so much for the regular folks, but if you were big donors to the church and Highlands Study Center like we were. We saw at least three horrible things that night. The first was the “blanket trainingâ€. We’d never seen anything like it before and hope to never have to see it again. It involved RC placing his baby girl on a blanket and every time the baby crawled off the blanket RC would hit the baby with a wooden spoon. This happened repeatedly while we were in the living room with RC while Denise was in the kitchen making supper. All the baby was trying to do was get close to her siblings playing there in the living room. But RC just kept hitting her. RC explained that he was “breaking the will of the child.†He got his goal because the baby got exhausted from her own crying and fell asleep on the blanket. Not once did he ever comfort her after he hit her. He called it “self comforting†and explained that you shouldn’t comfort a crying child because children are manipulative and if you comfort them they’ll get the idea that they’re in charge.

The baby woke up about the same time as Denise called us to supper. RC laid the baby on her back on the blanket and put one of those baby gym entertainment things there over the baby for her to play with. While we were all at the dinner table the baby started screaming. Denise tried to go and comfort the baby but RC sternly told her, “Sit down Deniseâ€. The baby screamed and screamed for the longest time. It was awful to have to listen to. Finally RC got up to check on the baby. He was very angry. Then we heard him say, “Oh, I see what’s wrong.†He came back and explained that the baby gym had fallen over onto her face and she couldn’t get it off her. The screams had been screams of terror, cries for help, but RC ignored them and stopped Denise from helping.

I don’t know what to call it but child abuse. He never comforted the baby and he wouldn’t allow Denise to either. Most people would look at the Sproul children and say, oh they’re so well behaved. If the only goal of blanket training and refusing to comfort your children is to get them to behave themselves then RC has done a great job as a father. I can’t believe that his children feel that their father loves them though. I’ve often thought about the severe psychological problems his children must suffer from today.

After supper as we sat in the living room with RC and his children. Denise was cleaning up in the kitchen. RC got up to go in the kitchen. Denise must have done something to make him mad because he angrily told her, “Go to your roomâ€. It sounded just like he was talking to a little child. Denise went to their bedroom and a little later RC went up and we could hear him spanking her. She stayed up there a long time before she came back down. The look on her face told all. She was humiliated and ashamed. It was the most awkward supper we’d ever had in anyone’s home. We didn’t accept anymore invitations from RC after that.

Aaannd, here's the second half of Scott Brown's letter, again from Jen's Gems (posted by Jen herself this time):

Jen Says:

December 30, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Here’s the second half:

As the year 2014 approaches, my focus continues to be centered on the prosperity of these two supremely important institutions–the church and the family. Nothing less than the spread of the Gospel is at stake. I plan to continue to work for the establishment of biblically-ordered churches, a restoration of of biblical fatherhood and motherhood, and the return to the biblical functionality of the family.

In order to do this, I am looking forward to continuing in my work as an elder in our local church in Wake Forest, writing, meeting with church leaders around the nation, and speaking at and hosting conferences.

I hope you can all attend Church and Family 2014, our national conference where we will go back to the basics to affirm the importance of reformation within the church and family that we so desperately need. This conference is designed to go back to the foundational doctrine of the sufficiency of Scripture, to re-examine the state of the church ad family in 2014, and to understand how to faithfully apply God’s Word to the unique moment we find our churches and families in.

Our lives are to be like “cities on a hill.†With growing apostasy in America now more than ever, we continually need to look again to Scripture. We need to walk carefully in love for the lost and those around us. We need a courageous resolution from the Lord as “aliens and strangers†attempting to be “in the world but not of the world.â€

I hope to see you all this upcoming year as I speak and gather to pray with church leaders at conferences in Arizona, Washington, Colorado, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Washington, D.C., and North Carolina. 2014 will also include international gatherings in Bogota, Colombia; Quito, Ecuador; and Blantyre, Malawi.

Look for upcoming announcements, as I plan to invite men to Wake Forest for gatherings specifically designed to equip church leaders on matters of church life such as church discipline and expository preaching.

In many ways, I feel that the Lord is ushering in a season of renewed fruitfulness and closing the chapter on a season of significant growth. For both of these, my heart is grateful. I look back on the past decade with gratitude and I look forward to the next with great hope. The desire in my heart is to see a generation of pastors rise up to shepherd their people to delight in the Word of God, and who bravely and lovingly labor to precisely exegete the Scriptures.

I believe that true reformation in the church and the spread of the Gospel in the world occurs in the simplest of settings. It occurs each night around the dinner table as fathers open the Scriptures and teach their families to worship the living God. It occurs in local congregations when families gather together for further instruction and for the corporate worship of God. It occurs when people see the beauty of Jesus and cannot keep silent about Him.

With a heart of gratitude, my earnest prayer is that God would grant you the many victories of the power of the Gospel. I pray for a season of joy in Christ and fruitfulness in your families and churches this year.

Sincerely,

Scott Brown

Director, NCFIC

Scott didn't just throw Doug Phillips is a Tool under the bus, he backed up and revved up again for good measure. I don't feel sorry for the Tool. I DO feel bad for Beall and the kids. This must be very difficult to have people you considered close friends do something so hurtful.

Scott appears to be an even larger anaconda in the grass than the Tool ever was. I would watch my back around ole Mr. Brown. :-/

R.C Sproul advocates wife spanking? That is what is claimed on Jen's Gems by a couple of the posters. Um...weird. If the Sprouls are just into kinky stuff, I guess that is their business but I don't know why they would share that with anyone.

I read further and this sounds like it was invented because I can' t imagine a group of people sitting through this

Sproul comes off as a wife and child abuser. Anyone that follows this poor excuse for a man is a fool.

It sounds like a lot of people are trying to distance themselves from Doug. Wow.

Doug doesn't have the personality to remain silent long. I wonder what is going on in the Phillips household? I don't mind laughing at him but the world must have dropped out from under his kids' feet. Yeah, I even feel sorry for JT. He doesn't really have any skills-beyond being attractive- to do much in the world.

edited: Whoops. I meant that I don't mean to laugh at him not his kids. :o

It sounds like a lot of people are trying to distance themselves from Doug. Wow.

Doug doesn't have the personality to remain silent long. I wonder what is going on in the Phillips household? I don't mind laughing at the kids but the world must have dropped out from under his kids' feet. Yeah, I even feel sorry for JT. He doesn't really have any skills-beyond being attractive- to do much in the world.

His older kids will need to grow up fast. Maybe they can move out into the real world and gain some useful skills. Even go to a real college??

Archived