IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

I can't figure out what Manteufel is pissed about. Is he defending Doug from Peter? Or is he angry that Peter hasn't done more to rebuke Doug?

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, Kurtis is, um... artistic, as they used to call it.

There is nothing special with his cards, or at least the ones I saw. I make cards like that. I do scrapbooking and as part of that I got into making cards also.

I can't figure out what Manteufel is pissed about. Is he defending Doug from Peter? Or is he angry that Peter hasn't done more to rebuke Doug?

Seems to be the latter, or at least, he is upset that Peter didn't defend some women involved better, or just picking on him for being a crybaby about it.

Who knows? They are all such posturing, strutting peacocks.

I wish that I could quote Nolan's fb because it is interesting and leaves me with lots of questions. What does he mean about Andy Bradrick making false prophesies? Is he being sarcastic or is there a secret aspect of BCA that believes in prophesies? What sins did Phillip Bradrick accuse him? Is Bradrick trying to destroy Manteufel's reputation?

Thomas told Nolan to bite him and added a winkie smilie face.

:popcorn2:

I am still working my way through his facebook page. So, if I understand correctly, he is accusing Peter Bradrick of not protecting the weak. I wish these guys would just be direct and come out and say what happened. My guess is that Nolan knows something about Peter and is being cryptic to keep us heathen from discovering what. There is probably a whisper campaign going on and everyone at BCA seems involved.

Seems to be the latter, or at least, he is upset that Peter didn't defend some women involved better, or just picking on him for being a crybaby about it.

Who knows? They are all such posturing, strutting peacocks.

I also think it is the latter. He is calling Bradrick! a coward and accusing him of running away.

I wish I knew what specifically Peter hasn't done that set Nolan off after this length of time. Nolan seems to be over the whole VF thing. If you follow him over to Christopher Gill's FB (also public) there is this (my emphasis):

Christopher Gill

about an hour ago near Helotes, TX via mobile.

“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."

- Isaiah 43:18,19

Nolan Manteufel Go to college people. Get away from your FIC. There is spiritual wickedness in high places.

Nolan seems to have a legitimate degree from an actual accredited college. Now that's a surprise.

:pray: If we all gather together to send out wishes/pray to our Patron Saints of Snark Rachel Maddow and Alan Rickman, will it turn out that this kerfuffle about Bradrick is that HE'S the 'woman' Dougie had an affair with? (And does this make me a bad person to wish it?)

My guess is that "Not protecting the weak" means someone had sex outside of marriage.

Wow. The Bradricks are quick to jump to Peter's defense.

"Nolan Manteufel, you prove your folly and immaturity to mock a man who has been stabbed in the gut. I assure you Peter is not going away. He will be back after he heals, and you will loathe the looseness of your haughty tongue."

1. Glad to hear Sippy ain't going anywhere. I mean we've already lost Doug Phillips is a tool. Haven't we suffered enough?

2. "THE LOOSENESS OF YOUR HAUGHTY TONGUE"?!?!?!

Clearly my productivity at work is about to go in the toilet.

"Nolan Manteufel, you prove your folly and immaturity to mock a man who has been stabbed in the gut. I assure you Peter is not going away. He will be back after he heals, and you will loathe the looseness of your haughty tongue."

1. Glad to hear Sippy ain't going anywhere. I mean we've already lost Doug Phillips is a tool. Haven't we suffered enough?

2. "THE LOOSENESS OF YOUR HAUGHTY TONGUE"?!?!?!

Clearly my productivity at work is about to go in the toilet.

Don't you just love the Bible-speak? :lol:

I think the immediate drama is over. They may have decided to take the spat to email or phones, the party poopers. :evil-eye:

Interesting that Gill (who seems to be supportive of Nolan) quite recently friended the brother of the person we suspect to be Hero if that person is, in fact, female and also significantly younger than Doug the Tool so not a cougar. How is that for a convoluted sentence?

Crap, I can't edit my post. Did I quote something that shouldn't be quoted? If so, can a mod remove that? Sorry! I'll be in the prayer closet--reading the Manteufel FB.

We can't quote facebook but darn it, the quote about the looseness of your haughty tongue is just too wonderful to not use as snarking material.

I am not certain if the person is threatening Nolan or just speaking in very flowery terms. If they were saying this in person, there would be some gloves slapping across the face action.

We can't quote facebook but darn it, the quote about the looseness of your haughty tongue is just too wonderful to not use as snarking material.

I am not certain if the person is threatening Nolan or just speaking in very flowery terms. If they were saying this in person, there would be some gloves slapping across the face action.

You can quote facebook as long as it's from a public page.

because it is interesting and leaves me with lots of questions. What does he mean about Andy Bradrick making false prophesies? Is he being sarcastic or is there a secret aspect of BCA that believes in prophesies? What sins did Phillip Bradrick accuse him? Is Bradrick trying to destroy Manteufel's reputation?

Thomas told Nolan to bite him and added a winkie smilie face.

I am still working my way through his facebook page. So, if I understand correctly, he is accusing Peter Bradrick of not protecting the weak. I wish these guys would just be direct and come out and say what happened. My guess is that Nolan knows something about Peter and is being cryptic to keep us heathen from discovering what. There is probably a whisper campaign going on and everyone at BCA seems involved.

Debrand, it is quite OK to quote from public FB pages so long as you identify the source. Nolan's is public.

Phillip Bradrick Nolan as your friend I rebuke you for you unkind, unhelpful and unwise post about Peter. Your words are rash and clearly outside the biblically defined process for resolving grievances with a brother. Since you have made these comments publicly I call on you to publicly confess for your sin against a brother. If you have a concern with a brother you go privately first and not on Facebook. I am very disappointed to see you speak this way and it concerns me greatly for your heart and character.

It amazes me how quickly Peter's family jumps to his defense, especially because Nolan's comment was very cryptic. My wild guess is that Peter didn't protect someone vulnerable which might possibly mean that Nolan is calling him out for an affair or the appearance of an affair. Even thought Peter publically rebuked Doug, the Bradricks want Nolan to privately discuss Peter's sin with them and not make it public.

I follow some of these posters back to their facebook page and Phillip Bradrick has a photo of him driving an attractive young woman on a four wheeler. The woman is wearing defrauding shorts and she doesn't appear to be his wife. Now, I am confused as to what BCA's rules of conduct are between the sexes. I thought they didn't encourage friendship between unmarried men and women.

I didn't know people actually told other people "I rebuke you for...". I imagine there's an angry finger-point that goes along with that statement. Is there some kind of rule that they have to say it out loud for the rebuking to work? Can I ward off a rebuking somehow? If someone tried to rebuke me, I'd be like, "Um, ok", and go back to whatever I was doing. It's like he's putting a hex on Nolan. Weirdos.

It amazes me how quickly Peter's family jumps to his defense, especially because Nolan's comment was very cryptic. My wild guess is that Peter didn't protect someone vulnerable which might possibly mean that Nolan is calling him out for an affair or the appearance of an affair. Even thought Peter publically rebuked Doug, the Bradricks want Nolan to privately discuss Peter's sin with them and not make it public.

I follow some of these posters back to their facebook page and Phillip Bradrick has a photo of him driving an attractive young woman on a four wheeler. The woman is wearing defrauding shorts and she doesn't appear to be his wife. Now, I am confused as to what BCA's rules of conduct are between the sexes. I thought they didn't encourage friendship between unmarried men and women.

The Bradricks are rebuking Nolan and telling him off for posting any disagreement (not sin). Jordan is telling Nolan that he is making no sense, and Micah is saying that he is a very bad boy to post on FB.

From Nolan's page:

Micah Pogue Nolan, I think you might want to stop while you still have somewhat of a reputation on here.

It sounds like someone or something has made you anti-Bradrick. Which means you should speak with them in regards to your concerns privately - not on FB.

One of the things that is confusing is figuring out who is BCA (only 25 - 30 families living in SA/Boerne and subject to more stringent rules of conduct in Doug's home church) who are the interns scooped up through the much larger VFM to work for VFI. The interns may have much less strict codes at their home churches.

AKAIK, the Bradricks were never part of BCA and seem to have veered towards Scott Brown sometime around the time Peter married Kelly. Peter (former intern) then worked for Doug as side-kick/enforcer but that really close relationship ended a few (5?) years ago. I may be wrong.

Edit: clarifications and qualifiers.

Oh, dear. It's like a middle school fight with Bible quotes.

I want to go there and post "I know you are, but what am I? Matthew 7:3-5."

:D

Sadly, there is nothing in the Bible about one's mother wearing army boots.

Not sure the expression "bite me" is in the Bible, either. It's, like, totally, like, Mean Girls, you know, but, like, with Bible quotes! Yah-some!

Doug Phillips is a tool.

I didn't know people actually told other people "I rebuke you for...".

These people do! :lol:

I think "loathing the looseness of my haughty tongue" needs to be a post count title.

These people do! :lol:

I think "loathing the looseness of my haughty tongue" needs to be a post count title.

The way these VF people talk is so affected and pretentious. I can't decide which is worse, the semi-literate scribblings of ATIers (where everything is "fun," "neat," or "precious") or the overly flowery, faux-Walter Scott wannabees in VF.

Not sure the expression "bite me" is in the Bible, either. It's, like, totally, like, Mean Girls, you know, but, like, with Bible quotes! Yah-some!

I think they should try harder to make it all sound KJV-ish. Here are some ideas, gentlemen, if you are reading here:

Thy mother wearest that which pertaineth to a man.

Thy mother hath so partaken of the seven years of plenty, that, when she sitteth around the house, she sitteth around the house.

Up thy nose with a camel-washing hose.

Thou art a doodoo head.

Thou art such an abomination.

I know thou art, but what am I?

Can anyone give me a debriefing on Katie Botkin? I've only just become aware of her (thank you Marian the Librarian!). She seemingly has very different views to her cousins and their parents but how much interaction does she have with them? And how often does she blog about them? Does she have connections in their extended circle (ie does she actually know Beall and Hero and their crowd at all? She doesn't sound like she has the beliefs to move in those circles but i've only read two blog post so far so I know very little. And people are talking like she does move in these people's circles??

She is cousin to E & AS Botkin and niece to Geoff the Great. The best way to get to know her is to browse her blog/website..kbotkin.com

intelligent, thoughtful, educated and NOT a dominionist Fundie.

I think they should try harder to make it all sound KJV-ish. Here are some ideas, gentlemen, if you are reading here:

Thy mother hath so partaken of the seven years of plenty, that, when she sitteth around the house, she sitteth around the house.

Thou art a doodoo head.

:lol:

She is cousin to E & AS Botkin and niece to Geoff the Great. The best way to get to know her is to browse her blog/website..kbotkin.com

intelligent, thoughtful, educated and NOT a dominionist Fundie.

Thanks Librul - been doing so! Has anyone come across this -

"But let’s go back to Wilson’s comments on testosterone and leadership. It’s true, of course, that testosterone plays a factor in aggression and risk-taking. But in and of itself, high testosterone doesn’t do much for leadership. You need a favorable ratio of testosterone to cortisol, a stress hormone secreted for a “fight or flight†response. Studies have found that high testosterone and low cortisol produce confident, calm leaders, regardless of gender. And here’s where it gets interesting: taking up space and puffing your chest out for even as little as 60 seconds can actually boost your testosterone and lower your cortisol, according to researchers. If you strike a powerful pose, you feel more powerful on an endocrine level. Taking up more space raises testosterone, while taking up less decreases while simultaneously raising your cortisol. Reading this, I immediately thought of Doug Phillip’s (and his fellow patriarchs’) penchant for posing for the camera with his legs about four feet apart. And of the demure poses often struck by the young ladies next to them. If you’re going for maximum gender disparity, this just seems like good policy."

Made me smile!

Thou art a doodoo head.

Thou art not the boss of me.

Archived