IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

Is she kissing her dad on the lips in one picture????? That looks really really wrong.

I zoomed in on the red thing on Hero's arm, looks like it has a heart and the word love. Don't know what it is, Im not sure whether someone who was a fundie at least until this year would get a tattoo-although I think they frown on green hair as well, maybe this with Doug has made her rebel and become less fundie. Maybe its just temporary (but why keep it on for a wedding, especially if youre a bridesmaid, and I don't see any on the other bridesmaids)

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, there are other photos of the green streaks. I thought the green was from a window, too. But it's not.

Another wedding question...Why did the one bridesmaid have a green dress? The others were all ivory, cream, sort of a blush color. But the one girl had green. I'm guessing each girl bought her own vintage type lacey dress-at least most were that way. But the green stands out and she does not appear to be a maid or matron of honor.

The location of the wedding looks beautiful. Where was it? I didn't care for the cowboy boots although I know that is popular right now. I also didn't care for the men wearing dungarees, neatly pressed or not. The groom doesn't look old enough to shave.

eta: Was it necessary to show that many kissing photos? I mean, really, we get it, they can kiss now.

I couldn't help myself. I googled and found their wedding registry. :whistle:

They asked for, and received, a $300 sewing machine. They did not, however, get the $450 Kitchen Aid stand mixer.

They asked for a bunch of tools, but only got one...that attended their wedding! HA!

They got nine 10" serving bowls and twelve 11" baking dishes. I hope they're planning on attending a LOT of "pot providence" meals. :lol:

I did immediately think that the bride looked about 28, the groom about 18. Odd.

And yeah, that picture of her kissing - who? Her father? I hope, I guess? Reeeeally squicky. Wait, so the guy isn't her father? WTF?

I'm just done.

I found those wedding pictures much more amusing when I imagined it as a lesbian wedding. Really not much of a stretch, no? :lol:

With that being said, I thought the wedding itself was beautiful - I love mis-matched bridesmaids dresses and the country chic thing. Looked really nicely put together.

I did immediately think that the bride looked about 28, the groom about 18. Odd.

And yeah, that picture of her kissing - who? Her father? I hope, I guess? Reeeeally squicky. Wait, so the guy isn't her father? WTF?

I'm just done.

I just looked at the photos again and I think it actually is her father. But the kiss is super squicky.

The man-child groom went on the Hazardous Journey to Burma.

"“The opportunity the Lord has set before me in traveling to Burma will be the first time I have been beyond the borders of the United States. It is my goal to take captive this opportunity and to make the most of the experience for the ultimate end of bringing glory to God. Burma is a land saturated by idolatrous worship and dead religion. It is my desire to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in Burma, and in doing so, bring to light the darkness of Buddhism and the destructive nature of environmentalism—both of which are humanistic religions that are fundamentally at war with Christianity and our sovereign Lord. In considering the importance of our goals, please pray for God’s blessing upon our team and the success of the mission. ‘Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it.’â€

Taking care of the environment and wanting to protect it is not at odds with Christianity, you little twerp.

He really is the upper class twit of the year.

Oh, and it said he worked for VF - guess he's currently looking for work. Wonder how that played out at his house - happily get married on October 19, October 31 - Doug-o-Ween, December 31, VF is no more. Yikes.

"“The opportunity the Lord has set before me in traveling to Burma will be the first time I have been beyond the borders of the United States. It is my goal to take captive this opportunity and to make the most of the experience for the ultimate end of bringing glory to God. Burma is a land saturated by idolatrous worship and dead religion. It is my desire to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ in Burma, and in doing so, bring to light the darkness of Buddhism and the destructive nature of environmentalism—both of which are humanistic religions that are fundamentally at war with Christianity and our sovereign Lord. In considering the importance of our goals, please pray for God’s blessing upon our team and the success of the mission. ‘Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it.’â€

Taking care of the environment and wanting to protect it is not at odds with Christianity, you little twerp.

Oh, and it said he worked for VF - guess he's currently looking for work. Wonder how that played out at his house - happily get married on October 19, October 31 - Doug-o-Ween, December 31, VF is no more. Yikes.

No job, and she's probably pregnant by now.

Any idea how old he is?

I couldn't find anything on the usual major search engines, which makes me think he can't be much older than 18.

She is 25.

Has this comment by "Mike Jones" on SSB been discussed --

It makes my stomach roil.

Assuming that Doug Phillips is a tool did diddle with a young lady who we're calling Hero: Did Hero mention her dalliances with giddy glee?

Or did she "reach out to" people with a call for help, veiled or otherwise, in talking about what was going on?

The former is understandable -- a young person with little life experience and the heady feelings of being a chosen one by a great man [sic] is going to kvell.

The latter is nauseating -- a young person with little life experience "reaches out to" people while involved in an illicit relationship with a married father of eight who styles himself a great moralist and apparently is brushed aside until the situation reaches critical mass.

I'm not much at reading people (I blame it on that pesky Lutheran explanation to the commandment about bearing false witness - we're told to "put the best construction on everything." So naïve, Martin L, TOO naïve....) but I can see a decade-long scenario in which both the former and latter interpretations are true:

Early on, a young person (woman or man) is delighted to be told s/he has attracted the troo luv of The Leader. As time goes by and the probability that s/he will be elevated to spousal status begins to lessen dramatically, the young lover begins to fret, then perhaps to feel the pangs of conscience as well as anger and fear.

I'm naïve but not enough to figure that getting caught in flagrante delecto twice within the space of two months and in both parties' homes -- well, that's more than just bad luck, folks.

To the first red (used color instead of bold because you'd already bolded :) ) I tend to agree with you, especially where you say that both interpretations can be true. I can easily imagine a teenager swept off her feet by the older man, but getting wise to the scam, sick of the hiding, and probably falling right out of the infatuation as she matured. Also, getting royally pissed off at having been manipulated for so long.

I agree with the second red statement too. Man, that was more than bad luck. Was it forcing disclosure of the affair by Hero? Of course, we only have TW Eston's always unreliable gossip to say that they ever were caught in flagrante delecto by family members.

I tend to find Mike Jones's scenario far more likely, even though it makes me sick to my stomach too. At some point Hero started talking. She had to talk to many people to get anywhere at all. One wonders how long she was reaching out for help, blowing the whistle, or wanting revenge against Doug. Or all of the above.

I do find it very odd that after all of this scandal Doug and Hero are attending the same BCA wedding months after the relationship was supposedly exposed, whether Beall was also present or not. Unless Hero isn't Hero. We only have TW's word for her identity too.

To the first red (used color instead of bold because you'd already bolded :) ) I tend to agree with you, especially where you say that both interpretations can be true. I can easily imagine a teenager swept off her feet by the older man, but getting wise to the scam, sick of the hiding, and probably falling right out of the infatuation as she matured. Also, getting royally pissed off at having been manipulated for so long.

I agree with the second red statement too. Man, that was more than bad luck. Was it forcing disclosure of the affair by Hero? Of course, we only have TW Eston's always unreliable gossip to say that they ever were caught in flagrante delecto by family members.

I tend to find Mike Jones's scenario far more likely, even though it makes me sick to my stomach too. At some point Hero started talking. She had to talk to many people to get anywhere at all. One wonders how long she was reaching out for help, blowing the whistle, or wanting revenge against Doug. Or all of the above.

I do find it very odd that after all of this scandal Doug and Hero are attending the same BCA wedding months after the relationship was supposedly exposed, whether Beall was also present or not. Unless Hero isn't Hero. We only have TW's word for her identity too.

Me, too.

I don't see a shred of genuine romance between these two. On seeing the bride and groom, my mind started singing, "One of these things is not like the other...". Lovely and dignified young woman with a junior-grade David Waller wannabe.

There now, thanks! I thought the little twerp looked familiar and the Burma blog and Facebook haven't been deleted yet. He looks a bit older in his close-up photo here: expeditiontoburma.com/#support

If you look carefully at our Hero, she has streaked her hair green and has a tattoo on her left forearm. I agree with whomever said she seemed spunky. If the dominionist influence wears off, she could make life very difficult for Doug...

Looks too vibrant to be mehndi, the ones I've seen are usually darker brown and not so red. Looks like the word "Peace"

If you look at the pictures at the top of page 5, you can tell Hero is actually wearing a strapless ivory dress with a sleeveless pink lacy thing over it. Once you're looking at it that way, you can see the same in the photo on page 1 where her tattoo is visible.

And yeah, there's definitely green in her hair!

I'm more convinced than ever that this. never. happened. She is being paid/used to cover up something else.

This kid really has no idea what he's talking about. At all. I can't get over the "darkness" of Buddhism. Isn't Buddhism one of the most benign and peaceful religions. I know two people who subscribe to Buddhist thinking while maintaining their Catholicism and Judaism.

And the "destructive nature of environmentalism"? I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

This kid really has no idea what he's talking about. At all. I can't get over the "darkness" of Buddhism. Isn't Buddhism one of the most benign and peaceful religions. I know two people who subscribe to Buddhist thinking while maintaining their Catholicism and Judaism.

And the "destructive nature of environmentalism"? I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

And "take captive this opportunity"? Once again the VF way with words. :roll:

And yeah, he looks really, really young in contrast to his bride. For all I know they might be the same age but she really looks like a 20 something marrying a freshman in high school. It's a bit jarring.

I guess FJ has a new name -- "the glee and chortling" forum!

Dave AA at SSB was kind enough to clarify that reading here (even though we are not a respectable Christian blog) didn't make him feel dirty -- but the idea of Doug the Blemish at a wedding did. I tend to agree with him.

Dave, you can come and post here if you want. Welcome. Quite a few of us are respectable, some of us don't want to be respectable, some of us are Christian, and some of us aren't.

But some of us are definitely both Christian and respectable. :lol:

Ha. I was going to post something along these lines :)

I'm not Christian anymore, but I do try to be respectable. Mostly. If my kids are watching. You're welcome to come over to the dark side and join in the fun, Dave AA!

Oh, crap.

Every time I think that TW Eston has reached rock bottom in my opinion he manages to sink even lower. :angry-steamingears: :angry-fire: :angry-screaming: :angry-teeth: :angry-cussing:

His big revelation in the latest post is that an older married man at BCA impregnated a 17 year old back in 2004. She was shamed before the congregation but the man, per TW, was never identified nor reprimanded and is still a member of the community in good standing. BCA really is/was a den of swinging, sexual misconduct, and rampant infidelity. Amazing that the parents of the girl did not leave the church. Amazing that no-one seems to have asked who the father was. Even more amazing that, knowing this, Jen made such persistent efforts to rejoin the BCA community.

More and more sleazy innuendo.

T.W. Eston Says:

January 3, 2014 at 7:49 am

I’m reasonably confident that Doug Phillips is not the father of the baby I mentioned in the story. The baby has a very distinct appearance that significantly narrows down who the father is. That’s all I’m going to say about it at this time.

The point isn’t that someone impregnated a 17 year old at BCA. The point is that she was made to confess and repent in front of the entire congregation while the man was allowed to conceal his identity.

Yes, this is hypocritical, but WTF?!! TW, you're claiming that yet another sheltered 17 year old girl was victimized by an older married man at BCA and that isn't the point? You don't have the balls to name the man, or tell us your identity, but continue to speculate and gossip away. It is bloody destructive!

BCA, at it's largest, seemed to consist of only 25-30 families. Now, according to TW, between 8 and 12 families left because they were disgusted by his supposed "cougar." That leaves somewhere between 13 and 22 men he is pointing his finger at here. I really do wonder when someone will sue.

If anyone has a middle name for the groom or his parents' names, I can probably find a birth record for him on FamilySearch. I found 3 possible hits if he's a Texas native...all born between 1993 and 1996. So, he's likely 18-21 years old.

If anyone has a middle name for the groom or his parents' names, I can probably find a birth record for him on FamilySearch. I found 3 possible hits if he's a Texas native...all born between 1993 and 1996. So, he's likely 18-21 years old.

He is from Kansas, not Texas. He lives in Texas now.

Archived