IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

Those wedding pictures...the only Phillips I saw were JT, Jubilee and Virginia. In the very last few pics I saw the back of someone that might have been Doug but I couldn't tell.

As for Hero - wowie kazowie. :shock: I had not really seen her since Return of the Daughters. She looks very different, and absolutely gorgeous. And did I see colored streaks in her hair? (you go girl)

The groom and his buds have the wide stance going on, and there is the requisite herd of bridesmaids and little girls.

ETA: I second the brain shorting out over the mom putting makeup on a preschooler. Just blech.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest from BCA is a nearly-full crock of shite. As for Bradrick! & Brown, I also call bullshit on them "only" finding things out in September 2013. I suspect they knew of stuff for YEARS, and in Bradrick!'s case, helped cover it up or bully victims into silence.

Jen & Eston have about zero credibility, and Jen's defense of the Pearls is sickening. I suppose, though, her fondness for the Pearls is in keeping with her general adoration of patri-arses, authority, bullies, etc. that got her into BCA in the first place. I'm so grateful to FJ's Marian for her extraction of interesting "morsels" from over there to post over here!

:text-thankyouyellow:

And, on the wedding photos...

I did go back and I don't recognize any of the bridesmaids as being Hero. Which one is she? None of them have the coloring. At least I don't think so. (ETA: Never mind. Found it.).

And, because this is a snark board, the bride has a big wart on the left side of her nose near her eye. Just sayin'. And there is some mighty fine wide-stancin' going on with all those boys.

Who are these people and where did they come from?

I got to the photo in which someone was putting eye shadow on the approximately 5-year-old flower girl, and my brain shorted out. Really? Really?

I wonder (hope) that maybe the girl said she wanted to get all dolled up too, so her mom or an auntie humoured her by putting on a bit of sparkly for the occasion... although that hope diminishes when I realize she's using two different brushes to probably 'perfect' the look and it doesn't look that glittery. I would have been all over sparkly eyeshadow at her age.

Is Doug "The Tool" is he homeless now? Since they had to be out of house by Dec 31st.

Is Doug "The Tool" is he homeless now? Since they had to be out of house by Dec 31st.

One of the posters on spiritualsoundingboard, WomanforFreedom, who claims to be a neighbor of Dougie (who is a tool) says in the current thread over there that the moving-out process is still going on.

There were a LOT of photos there. I think I finally figured out that maybe Doug's daughter was a flower girl and I think I found one photo of him on the aisle as the bride and groom were recessing the ceremony. But I don't really see proof that Beall wasn't there. Am I missing something? I can't bear to scroll through all those photos again.

ETA: Sorry, it wasn't the recessional, it was a barn photo on Page 8. Bride and groom coming in from somewhere, Dougie on the right, back to camera, in a grey suit. With bubbles. LOL. Page 8, 8th photo down.

I should probably clarify that I meant Doug and the nanny were at the wedding, with no indication that Beall was there whatsoever. If you look closely, you can see Doug's face in one of the bouquet throwing pictures. He is carrying a child (I'm assuming Virginia) on his shoulders. By all accounts, the affair was made public to his church at least by this time. So, what on earth are they doing at a wedding, with Beall nowhere to be found? Even if they both had to be there, since the nanny was a bridesmaid and Virginia a flower girl, certainly Beall would have gone along for the sake of appearances. I sure would have if I was in her shoes, unless I was already planning to divorce the slimy bastard and couldn't be bothered to give two fucks about appearances.

I should probably clarify that I meant Doug and the nanny were at the wedding, with no indication that Beall was there whatsoever. If you look closely, you can see Doug's face in one of the bouquet throwing pictures. He is carrying a child (I'm assuming Virginia) on his shoulders. By all accounts, the affair was made public to his church at least by this time. So, what on earth are they doing at a wedding, with Beall nowhere to be found? Even if they both had to be there, since the nanny was a bridesmaid and Virginia a flower girl, certainly Beall would have gone along for the sake of appearances. I sure would have if I was in her shoes, unless I was already planning to divorce the slimy bastard and couldn't be bothered to give two fucks about appearances.

I can only hope Beall was there, even though the cat wasn't really out of the bag just yet if the wedding was in September. Obviously SHE would have known what was going on, but most of their social circle wouldn't have yet.

I still can't figure out who this young couple is and their relationship to the gang.

sgtfamilyent.com/

Found the bride's family here, but that's it. (I stink at technology, I hope I broke the link right)

Hero lost weight and is much more dolled up than The Return of the Daughters days. Watching that, she always seemed so feisty compared to the other girls. I want to believe she was too, I don't know, "street smart"?, for lack of a better word, to be taken in by Doug. I just get the feeling she is too smart, and too sassy, to be attracted to him, and not have enough sense of self to be fooled into thinking it was somehow "okay". Though, based on some mild insider information, a lot of people think it's her. I call diversion.

sgtfamilyent.com/

Found the bride's family here, but that's it. (I stink at technology, I hope I broke the link right)

Hero lost weight and is much more dolled up than The Return of the Daughters days. Watching that, she always seemed so feisty compared to the other girls. I want to believe she was too, I don't know, "street smart"?, for lack of a better word, to be taken in by Doug. I just get the feeling she is too smart, and too sassy, to be attracted to him, and not have enough sense of self to be fooled into thinking it was somehow "okay". Though, based on some mild insider information, a lot of people think it's her. I call diversion.

Good find! Interesting that the patriarch is so educated in engineering yet decided to give it up in favor of starting his own cleaning business.

I can't I just can't. How is no one talking about these pics? They're, ah-mazing. I don't know who these people are, but I have some questions about the groom.

1. Is he still Pre-pubescant? I mean, I'm pretty sure he's wearing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle under-Roos under his awesome jeans.

2. Also, am I the only person who is really turned on by some of his poses?

3. I've got 1 hand in my pocket, & the other 1, sticking out high 5. (Not really a question, more of an impromptu burst of song.) (re:pics of groom & groomsmen by barn.)

4. Anyone else see the resemblance to SNL's Vanessa Bayer's Bar Mitzvah boy?

Also, lots of defrauding with those shoulders. Not judging, but yes, I am.

I know I know, I'm a horrible person.

I can't I just can't. How is no one talking about these pics? They're, ah-mazing. I don't know who these people are, but I have some questions about the groom.

1. Is he still Pre-pubescant? I mean, I'm pretty sure he's wearing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle under-Roos under his awesome jeans.

2. Also, am I the only person who is really turned on by some of his poses?

3. I've got 1 hand in my pocket, & the other 1, sticking out high 5. (Not really a question, more of an impromptu burst of song.) (re:pics of groom & groomsmen by barn.)

4. Anyone else see the resemblance to SNL's Vanessa Bayer's Bar Mitzvah boy?

Also, lots of defrauding with those shoulders. Not judging, but yes, I am.

I know I know, I'm a horrible person.

The awesome jeans -- all the guys are wearing them. They are the Levi's version of Sears Toughskins (the 70's version, no pre-wash, straight from the catalog).

The groom is probably about 14. The reason I know this is because I have a 14yo who looks about the same.

And, I'd bet the groom got some great posing tips from Dougie. Do we know if he was possibly a VF intern?

The only thing missing here would have been if Christopher Maxwell had done the photographs. But of course he wouldn't have even if asked, since the sleeveless dresses on some of the bridesmaids would be considered immodest.

Okay, I got that Hero was a bridesmaid, but I can't figure out which one. Was she in the smaller group of five (the one with darker hair wearing the black belt?) or the larger group pics (I thought that was her in the very back, hair partly up).

With so many pics, page numbers would be helpful. Thanks!

Those wedding pictures...the only Phillips I saw were JT, Jubilee and Virginia. In the very last few pics I saw the back of someone that might have been Doug but I couldn't tell.

Eighth page, second photo down, you can clearly see Doug towards the front of the audience with his daughter sitting on his shoulders.

The bride and groom are Callan Seargeant and Jonathan Maness, and their wedding happened on October 19, 2013. And yes, the groom looks like he's about 14. :pink-shock: And for sure that's Dougie with Little Virginny on his shoulders, front row in the bouquet-tossing shots (page 8, pics 1, 2 and 4).

Also for sure, that's our Hero, looking like $1 million as a bridesmaid (maid of honor?? Hard to tell...). Page 1, pic 2, she's standing directly to the bride's right; page 1, pic 30, helping button the bride into her dress. Page 3, pics 27 and 28, standing directly behind the bride. More group bridesmaid shots on page 4.

The Seargeant family has a blog called The Journal of Plymouth Rock Ranch, and they've been Dougie-followers for years. Callan was one of the re-enactors at the VF Reformation 500 shindig in Boston, portraying Lady Jane Grey:

Lady%20jane.jpg

The VF Blog archive for July 2009 is chock-full of interesting pictures of VF royalty in costume - look closely, and you'll see Rebecca Serven, Nadia Botkin, and our very own Hero, among others.

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2009/07/

Finally, alas, wearing cowboy boots with wedding dresses does seem to be The Thing To Do (see similar discussion in the current Botkin thread).

And finally for real, lest we forget: Doug Phillips is a tool.

Okay, I got that Hero was a bridesmaid, but I can't figure out which one. Was she in the smaller group of five (the one with darker hair wearing the black belt?) or the larger group pics (I thought that was her in the very back, hair partly up).

With so many pics, page numbers would be helpful. Thanks!

Yes marmalade she is the one at the back of the larger group photos looking upward toward the photographer. Hair partly up. Page three.

And on that same page why is there a photo of the bride kissing an old man on the lips?!!! Is that her dad??? WTF!!!

sgtfamilyent.com/

To me, the fact that she's a little bit spunky makes it more likely it's her. She's different enough from the others to be mysterious and intriguing. I'm really uncomfortable saying that she would be completely innocent in this kind of thing, too. She's a smart young woman, nearing 30. Even in fundy world, I can't imagine that she would think this is "okay". Not that it's her fault. Doug would have obviously been using his position to his advantage. And I think that their beliefs would have made it harder to question him than it should have. And he's the one with the vows and reputation to protect. But I don't think that she was an unwilling participant, either, if it was her.

So Napoleon Dynamite got married! Mazel tov tot. Always wondered what his parents looked like - and Dynamite, Sr., has bangs. Gotta love it.

Funny, I was thinking that the personage known as Hero was looking plumper than the last time I'd seen her image.

IN addition to the stomach-turning shot of Doug Phillips is a tool with his youngest daughter on his shoulders ready to mooch the bridal bouquet, did anyone notice J Teefs Phillips, all goateed-up, in the groomsman group?

Sigh. All that denim and not one good man-bum among 'em

Over at Spiritual Soundingboard, Doug Phillips is a tool's neighbor reports that he recently gave her the Hawaiian good luck sign -- and this when she was hugely pregnant!!

As much fun/ick as it is to read and speculate about the situation(s), I hope someone among us is keeping track of the money, because that is what it's all about. I'm looking in Marian the Librarian's general direction, and DomWackTroll's, because they among several others seem to know how to get the research done.

I really really really want to know that DP is neutralized and working as a paralegal somewhere and that Beall has temporarily located with her family and has the school-age kids enrolled in brick-and-mortar school. Can be public, can be Christian (non-denominational), can be Roman Catholic. But mainly I wanna know that DP's ability to raise funds and furor is GONE, baby, gone.

The bride and groom are Callan Seargeant and Jonathan Maness, and their wedding happened on October 19, 2013. And yes, the groom looks like he's about 14. :pink-shock: And for sure that's Dougie with Little Virginny on his shoulders, front row in the bouquet-tossing shots (page 8, pics 1, 2 and 4).

Also for sure, that's our Hero, looking like $1 million as a bridesmaid (maid of honor?? Hard to tell...). Page 1, pic 2, she's standing directly to the bride's right; page 1, pic 30, helping button the bride into her dress. Page 3, pics 27 and 28, standing directly behind the bride. More group bridesmaid shots on page 4.

The Seargeant family has a blog called The Journal of Plymouth Rock Ranch, and they've been Dougie-followers for years. Callan was one of the re-enactors at the VF Reformation 500 shindig in Boston, portraying Lady Jane Grey:

Lady%20jane.jpg

The VF Blog archive for July 2009 is chock-full of interesting pictures of VF royalty in costume - look closely, and you'll see Rebecca Serven, Nadia Botkin, and our very own Hero, among others.

Finally, alas, wearing cowboy boots with wedding dresses does seem to be The Thing To Do (see similar discussion in the current Botkin thread).

You are an encyclopedia of fundiedom. Sign me up for your newsletter.

If you look carefully at our Hero, she has streaked her hair green and has a tattoo on her left forearm. I agree with whomever said she seemed spunky. If the dominionist influence wears off, she could make life very difficult for Doug...

Meanwhile, in the newest post and commentary over on Jen's Gems, it is being alleged that Dougie was caught in flagrante delicto in Hero's home, by some of Hero's family members. Oy, what a tangled web...

oneh20 Says:

January 2, 2014 at 11:11 pm

But you wrote this earlier… “In January 2013 Doug was literally caught with his pants down, in his home, by one or more Phillips family members. To the best of our knowledge it was Beall and or Josh who caught them.†So, first in Jan at his home and later in Feb at her home? Or the opposite as written in this particular post?

T.W. Eston Says:

January 2, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Yes, that was the information we had at the time. It’s since been clarified as I have stated it here. My sources don’t always get all the details perfectly right, particularly where it concerns dates, but the overall story is quite accurate. As time goes on and more of the details fall into place, things become more clear.

oneh20 Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:00 am

I know that happens, but I think its all the more reason not to state things as fact, but “To the best of our knowledge…â€, or “From what we understand…†I went through a horrific ordeal when people stated things as if they were facts and yet really did not know what the were talking about. People have lost children to CPS for these things, men have lost jobs over false reports, woman have lost reputations, etc, etc… Just something to consider.

T.W. Eston Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:10 am

I acknowledge my error in having originally stated that the first instance occurred in January in the Phillips home, when that actually occurred subsequent to they’re being caught together in Cassandra’s home in January 2013. Given the minor discrepancy, what you’re claiming isn’t a reasonable conclusion at all. How does CPS and lost children have anything to do with it? Why does it make any difference whatsoever when and where Doug and Cassandra were caught in the act, who caught them, where they were caught, and how many times they were caught? The issue is that they were caught at all.

oneh20 Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:16 am

Well, I’m not accusing you of anything. And I do understand the point is that it happened at all. But my point was that stating things as fact when we are not 100% certain can be very harmful in general, for what its worth.

T.W. Eston Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:20 am

100% certain? Well, I guess I’d better just stop reporting altogether if what you demand is perfection. I’m in no mood to continue this with you, so kindly drop it.

Ugh. I just want to smack that Eston upside his head.

Lady%20jane.jpg

Thanks for confirming Hero. It's who I thought (but missed her in the early pic).

oneh20 Says:

January 2, 2014 at 11:11 pm

But you wrote this earlier… “In January 2013 Doug was literally caught with his pants down, in his home, by one or more Phillips family members. To the best of our knowledge it was Beall and or Josh who caught them.†So, first in Jan at his home and later in Feb at her home? Or the opposite as written in this particular post?

T.W. Eston Says:

January 2, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Yes, that was the information we had at the time. It’s since been clarified as I have stated it here. My sources don’t always get all the details perfectly right, particularly where it concerns dates, but the overall story is quite accurate. As time goes on and more of the details fall into place, things become more clear.

oneh20 Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:00 am

I know that happens, but I think its all the more reason not to state things as fact, but “To the best of our knowledge…â€, or “From what we understand…†I went through a horrific ordeal when people stated things as if they were facts and yet really did not know what the were talking about. People have lost children to CPS for these things, men have lost jobs over false reports, woman have lost reputations, etc, etc… Just something to consider.

T.W. Eston Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:10 am

I acknowledge my error in having originally stated that the first instance occurred in January in the Phillips home, when that actually occurred subsequent to they’re being caught together in Cassandra’s home in January 2013. Given the minor discrepancy, what you’re claiming isn’t a reasonable conclusion at all. How does CPS and lost children have anything to do with it? Why does it make any difference whatsoever when and where Doug and Cassandra were caught in the act, who caught them, where they were caught, and how many times they were caught? The issue is that they were caught at all.

oneh20 Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:16 am

Well, I’m not accusing you of anything. And I do understand the point is that it happened at all. But my point was that stating things as fact when we are not 100% certain can be very harmful in general, for what its worth.

T.W. Eston Says:

January 3, 2014 at 12:20 am

100% certain? Well, I guess I’d better just stop reporting altogether if what you demand is perfection. I’m in no mood to continue this with you, so kindly drop it.

Ugh. I just want to smack that Eston upside his head.

"Reporting". What a ridiculous conceit. He's gossiping and promoting his own agenda, he's not an intrepid investigative reporter.

TW sure is an idiot. I guess he missed the point, which was that if he was wrong about one thing, what's supposed to convince me that he hasn't been wrong about other things? About a lot of things? Maybe his "sources" are making stuff up. Maybe HE is making stuff up. At this point he and Jen's "sources" and "facts" and "as best we can tells" sound about as legitimate and accurate as the National Enquirer. Or maybe less.

Archived