IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

Scott Brown has always been an opportunist and he's playing this Dougie gig fairly well. He knew people were waiting to hear from him right after Doug's resignation, but he let Sippy speak for him and remained quiet, timing his public speech carefully. Then it was the sermon which didn't name Doug specifically, and now finally this latest publication finally calling out Doug's name. I can only imagine the conversations the two of them have had privately up to this point. And it could all just be a huge staged event (given Doug's love of the theatre) -- they are creating the drama, the PR timing is keeping people interested, and then fast forward into 2014 and Doug will make a debut in some other role after spending some time in "recovery" somewhere.

I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for Doug, and I agree, Scott is just another snake who looks good to the sheeple right now because he's playing his cards slowly and not wearing a fancy costume that you can actually SEE. He's choosing his words carefully because this business has suddenly become much more lucrative for him than it ever was before.

I still want to know where he came up with 12 grandchildren.

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The grandkids count is the first thing I noticed too. If he's counting Bradrick! Blessing #6 in utero, does that mean Blair and Monica aren't pg again yet? Both of them should be knocked up again by now ig they're keeping to schedule. Or has Bradrick! Blessing #6 made its appearance and Scott hasn't been good enough to inform his adoring public? Or can Scotty just not count?

I don't think he runs any risk of being sued for his paragraph about Dougie. Apart from the fact that he found out about the whole affair in September, there's nothing there that wasn't already in Doug's confession and 'apology' letters.

I don't keep good enough track of who is who to notice the number of grandchildren, but the red highlighted above caught my eye. Infidelities in the plural would suggest more than one other woman/person, and none of this pussyfooting around with even the idea of "lust in the heart" problems vs actually hands on infidelity.

And Kevin Turley has reinvented himself as the leader of Land Mark Events.....using the mailing list from Vision Forum. Gleaned from comments @ Jens Gems. Is there no honor among these people? How many other VF accolytes are going to land on the Tool's rotting carcass like a pack of hyenas?

Landmarkevents.org

Eta: I do not feel sorry for Doug Phillips is a Tool. I think the accolytes are showing bad form...

Uhhh, head count: Sippy/Kelly = 5; David/Monica = 3; Blair/Man-Child = 3; How does 5 + 3 + 3 = 12? In fundie world, maybe. So that must mean Kelly is indeed pregnant. Or maybe Claudia is (gasp!).

And I do believe this is the first time Scott has named Doug Phillips is a Tool by name. Totally throwing him under the bus without any doubt. More information must have come out so that he can do this without getting sued for libel. Interesting...

Kelly is pregnant. I talked with her at the beginning of December. I don't know how far exactly, but I would guess 16-20 weeks or so. She's so thin now, I'm not sure.

Kelly is pregnant. I talked with her at the beginning of December. I don't know how far exactly, but I would guess 16-20 weeks or so. She's so thin now, I'm not sure.

Well, that's too bad. She needs another baby like she needs a hole in the head, and her kids certainly do not need another sibling. Hope she survives this birth better than the last few. And I'm sorry if she's your friend, but she's an idiot for not helping her own health.

That story is horrible, but who would seriously just sit there in someones house and not say anything when they beat and neglect their child, then go upstairs to hit their wife.

That story is horrible, but who would seriously just sit there in someones house and not say anything when they beat and neglect their child, then go upstairs to hit their wife.

More people than you'd think, especially if they've been brainwashed with this patriarchy garbage. Lots of people in general don't like to get involved during a crisis situation, which is why so many crimes can take place in full view with no one intervening (eg the Kitty Genovese case).

And the hits just keep on coming.

Not that we didn't know Scott Brown is quite the piece of work but another commenter at Jen's Gems provides some more background:

fact Says:

December 31, 2013 at 5:21 am

“Deborah and I just returned from our last conference of the year in beautiful Anchorage, Alaska, promoting the importance of a “God-Centered Family.†Scott Brown

A MAN and a MESSAGE:

THE MAN:

Go visit his hometown, talk to people outside his circles, those in the community or those who moved from far away to join the movement but then left, talk to other local pastors, talk to his own extended family. Ask yourself how Scott could have been so wrong about Doug and yet never apologize to the thousands of people like you that he led to the slaughter. Get the facts before you throw more money away.

For me, I know the damage this man has caused in the lives of others, I know how Scott betrayed his father in law in business by working as a partner with him then leaving to start a competing business in the same community. I know how Scott invited several men from North Wake Baptist Church (where he was an elder) to attend a conference with him then on the last day announced to them all that he was leaving to start his own church in the same community and wanted them to follow him. I know how Scott ignored the counsel of two of his own new (first set) elders who warned him of the disastrous course he was on, who then left the church because Scott would not listen. I know how Scott split Trinity Church to avoid church discipline by the church majority and two of the (second set) elders. I know how Scott transferred his membership to a sister church days before he split Trinity so this sister church could officially “send†him to start Hope Baptist (a church he never attended “sent†him). Scott has always been a one man show, he is accountable to no one. He has never submitted to the plurality of elder authority he so passionately preaches.

For those who are looking to follow a man, Scott is eager to lead you as you can see from his letter. For those looking to follow Jesus, then follow Jesus, its pretty much that simple.

From what I've read on the Eph5 (?) site, and from the way Scott Brown presents himself, I must say I don't find that comment surprising in the least.

Well, that's too bad. She needs another baby like she needs a hole in the head, and her kids certainly do not need another sibling. Hope she survives this birth better than the last few. And I'm sorry if she's your friend, but she's an idiot for not helping her own health.

She is a friend of friends. I only met her briefly, but observed for a few days. My main impressions were that she is very soft-spoken and sweet, and that she and her mother are genuinely close and loving with each other. Her dad, sister, brother, husband, and littlest were there too, but I didn't get to see their interaction much. No need to apologize, we are all entitled to our opinions. :-)

This whole sage may actually prove a valuable lesson (who would have thought dougie could actually be an example of something other than his toolishness).

Life is fleeting and can change in the blink of an eye. One minute you're the king of the hill: exalted, rich, and loved. The next minute you are a pariah. Dont take things or people for granted because they can be lost as easily as they are gained.

Oh, and dont cheat on your wife - but we already knew that.

I feel for Beall because she is truly losing her entire life due to her husband's inability to wrangle his anaconda. I wonder how much of Debbie Pearl's bullshit "created to be his helpmeet" crap about forgiving a cheating spouse and figuring out what YOU did wrong to make him cheat is running through her mind.

Per Perry Coghlan's FB page today - the last 800 VF merch orders are being shipped out, and Perry is cleaning out his desk.

I am unable to get to any of the Botkin sites. Are they gone? Is the VF implosion impacting Geoff and his SAHDs?

Yes, I've noticed the same thing - both Visionary Daughters and Western Conservatory are down. Perhaps they've snuck out of the country again, like thieves in the night...

If theyre down, it might be server issues. My forum and my friends forum are both down at the moment because our host is having server problems.

If theyre down, it might be server issues. My forum and my friends forum are both down at the moment because our host is having server problems.

I was looking at the Rodrigues family site earlier (other thread) and their server went down too. (and still is)

Yeah, its likely that then. Strange to think that my forum (which once had a Satanist member, and discusses things fundies would say was demonic and evil) and my friends forum (super liberal and has plenty of LGBT people and frequent sexual discussions) likely shares a server with these fundies.

Life is fleeting and can change in the blink of an eye. One minute you're the king of the hill: exalted, rich, and loved. The next minute you are a pariah. Dont take things or people for granted because they can be lost as easily as they are gained.

Oh, and dont cheat on your wife - but we already knew that.

I feel for Beall because she is truly losing her entire life due to her husband's inability to wrangle his anaconda. I wonder how much of Debbie Pearl's bullshit "created to be his helpmeet" crap about forgiving a cheating spouse and figuring out what YOU did wrong to make him cheat is running through her mind.

By odd coincidence, I was telling my daughter the other day that anyone who promotes fulltime and permanent SAHMhood for women should be shot. I had hoped to be a SAHM, but the rug got pulled out from under me when I ended up divorced and with a baby at 26. Thank God for my education and the emotional support of my parents.

Any young women who chooses to be a SAHM, and only a SAHM, as her life's work (especially if she forgoes education and/or job/career/tech training) has rocks in her head. I've seen far too many "perfect" marriages to "supportive" husbands go down the toilet.

My 65-year-old cousin is now divorced and broke because her former husband (of 40+ years) is in the slammer for embezzlement. I don't know whether it's a blessing or a curse that they never had kids. She did have an education and some job skills, but hadn't been "out there" for many years, and it's tough.

A 30-something friend of mine, with two school-aged kids, is trying to find her way out of a miserable marriage to someone who isn't a BAD guy--she just doesn't LIKE him anymore, and realizes she married him too young and for the wrong reasons. She, too, has a education and skills, but now is having to "remake" herself in the working world after having been the household's secondary income for years.

Gotta love how all these fundies who were so tight with Dougie and his bullshit are suddenly falling all over themselves to distance from him with even more self-righteous, holier-than-thou bullshit. Doug was definitely the Head Tool, but Scott Brown and some of the others aren't far behind him in my eyes.

Guys! Guys! Returning to doug's wall-o'-text soup orgasm some time back:

I was digging around in my ancient mind for the term that fits The Tool's writing style, and found it: Euphuism. Take a gander at the Wikipedia link I posted: it sums up his prissy, precious, alliterative style to a T.

(Apologies if anyone else has pointed this out.)

Guys! Guys! Returning to doug's wall-o'-text soup orgasm some time back:

I was digging around in my ancient mind for the term that fits The Tool's writing style, and found it: Euphuism. Take a gander at the Wikipedia link I posted: it sums up his prissy, precious, alliterative style to a T.

(Apologies if anyone else has pointed this out.)

Doug Phillips is a euphuistic tool. :D

It just struck me how much like a multilevel marketing scheme these fundies lives are. It's the ultimate get to heaven quick pyramid.

According to someone on Jen's Gems, Darby Sproul is engaged to a guy who lives in Arkansas and will be moving soon. Good for her for getting out of the hell out of there, but I shudder to think what this means for the younger children. You know RC Jr. must be even more of a drunken mess than ever.

ETA: Yep, she just announced it on Facebook today:

facebook.com/darby.m.sproul/timeline/story?ut=32&wstart=-2051193600&wend=2147483648&hash=10201429107469880&pagefilter=3&ustart=1

According to someone on Jen's Gems, Darby Sproul is engaged to a guy who lives in Arkansas and will be moving soon. Good for her for getting out of the hell out of there, but I shudder to think what this means for the younger children. You know RC Jr. must be even more of a drunken mess than ever.

Yay, they can hang out front of the local supermarket with Ben and Jessa yelling anti abortion propaganda so Darby won't miss her "sidewalk ministry" out front of the abortion clinic so much.

I know Darby's had it hard, but I can't stand her, she's such a smug sanctimonious little thing, thinking that she knows better about life and EVERY woman's reproductive choices, from her sheltered little bubble of Christian privilege, than grown women actually making and living with those choices.

Archived