IGNORED

The Demise of VF & Doug Phillips is a Tool - Part 5

happy atheist

Although I thought Vision Forum was dead and gone, they seem to have at least one person on the job, albeit not on the ball. This morning I got an email* advertising the upcoming release of the latest Kirk Cameron swill opus, with the following header:

Get Kirk Cameron's Film Banned by Facebook & YouTube!

Umm..is it just me, or does this sound as though VF is urging people to petition Facebook and YouTube to ban the movie? (I'm totally in agreement with that! Sign me up!)

Or is this another SOTDRT fail from one of the grammatically-challenged interns?

One reviewer left the following comment:

"This movie was such a deep blessing!!!! It has been a hard year and this movie really gave light in the midst of our storms!!"

Did Doug Phillips (who is a tool) write this review?

And, to reiterate, Doug Phillips is a tool.

*I'd post the email itself, but don't want to give the Kirkster any publicity. Bad enough I had to write his name once!

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under-shepherds? Who knew herding sheep was so corporate?

"Flock of Jesus Christ": I am visualizing a flock of little identical long-haired, bearded men in white robes, red cloaks, and sandals being led about by one of these sub-tools. Because, of course, these patriarchal leaders are more important than Jesus.

Is it possible that Doug had an affair with someone's wife or a woman who was high up in the group's hierarchy? It seems odd to me that if the affair was long term that Scott Brown and Bradrick would keep the woman's name secret. The nanny's family doesn't seem to be high up in the Vision Forum hierarchy. I think that these people would gladly throw her under the bus with Doug.

From that I am reading on Spiritual Sounding Board in the comments, it sounds like a lot of the board of BCA were employees of Vision Forum or related to employees of Vision Forum. How is that not a conflict of interest when they were deciding what to do about Doug? I would think the elders should in no way be connected with business dealings of other members if they are charged with disciplining those members. I have to say I am surprised to see what a small world BCA/Vision Forum/ NCFIC is with all sorts of overlap. And it seems loyalty is easily bought in these circles.

Yes. The whole thing, including the strange timeline, is increasingly odd. I still think that the answer will be found in following the money. The whole thing is really enmeshed with VFI, VFM, BCA, NCFIC overlaps. Then there are the Harts and Horns, and I keep getting them confused.

Two more things:

1. Over at JensGems, Jen is now saying that "Cassandra's" and family are still appearing at BCA community events and weddings. This is after Jen/Epstein claimed that "Cassandra's" family left BCA in February. Consistency is not a strength over on Jensgems, is it?

2. Who is Bob Renaud? I think I should know but memory fails. On Bradrick's now public FaceBook he is holding forth. My bolding.

Bob Renaud Did you see the pathetic statement by the BCA elders? XXX.boernechristianassembly.org/.../statement-by.... This is terrible. I personally told Bob Sarratt he was negligent for not dealing with this issue for eight months and keeping it quiet. He never informed the VFM board of the infidelitiey. This is terrible that just now they are issuing a statement and trying to claim they did their biblical duty. It wasn't until we exposed what was going of that they got serious. The statement is full of Bill Clinton like language. Just like Doug's statement. It's sad that these men are not heeding the counsel of wiser and more mature men that have been trying to come along side them. God have mercy.

Ans someone else wants to blame it all on BCA

Sarah Long Munn BCA is Doug Phillips church in which he was a self appointed elder and teacher. BCA is a major part if the reason Doug was able to run rogue for so many years with zero accountability. He had built his own Kingdom so that he was accountable to no one. What Godly men are working along BCA right now to make sure they are handling this situation properly? What biblical qualifications do these self appointed elders meet?

Edit to remove direct link.

Under-shepherds? Who knew herding sheep was so corporate?

A thought occasioned by your observation: Many people value fairness starting very early in life. It seems plausible to me that the less egalitarian a situation is, the more energy and resources must be expended on keeping the situation unequal but stable. Maintaining the kind of rigid patriarchal structure that underpins BCA and churches like it, as that structure comes into conflict with the human desire for fairness, must be very expensive and exhausting, even with the (IMO pretty flimsy) theological excuses they provide.

I mean, we've seen how Jen reacted to perceived unfairness within the congregation, even though she is pretty much a True Believer in patriarchy.

Seriously, I don't think we can rule out (or rule in) anything based on what's been said and where it has come from. Occam's Razor says it's a long term affair with his nanny (maybe even "not Biblical" in the no-PIV-sex kind of way.) But, this could be an affair with every nanny who has ever worked (volunteered?) for them. Or it could be a man. Or it could be a bone to throw us while they hide financial stuff. It could be way worse (back on Dec 6, I mentioned that the maison de tool seemed a little plyg-ish in layout...), or it could be barely anything at all (fundies do make a big deal out of minor things.)

At this point, this is exactly where I am at on this Dougie scandal. Anything's possible at this point. I thought maybe we would have more concrete details on exactly what went on by now but it seems more muddled up than ever.

Is it within the realm of possibility that the elders at BCA knew only some of what Doug did and thought they dealt with it in accordance with church teachings? Or that only one or two of the elders knew and really did keep it quiet? They could have easily spun Doug's resignation as an elder of BCA as a result of being so busy with his VF activities.

Do Scott Brown and Bradrick! live near Doug? Could they have really not known before the September-ish time frame when they confronted Doug? Maybe they heard things but were assured that Doug was repenting appropriately, thus delaying their "mission of discipline" until September when they learned that he was not.

I agree that something more happened to force Doug into resigning. It was not simply one long term non-Biblical sense affair with a woman. That appears to be known, at least by his church elders, months earlier. So what happened? I am still amazed that the woman or women have not been publically named and thrown under the bus. Or that Beall has not been officially blamed since, as the wife, it is obviously her fault when the husband strays, according to what patriarchy teaches.

I'm just now getting caught up on this after the crazy pace of the holidays. I'm confused about Hero. I know who we're talking about, but when did we start calling her that?

I'm just now getting caught up on this after the crazy pace of the holidays. I'm confused about Hero. I know who we're talking about, but when did we start calling her that?

The pseudonym "Hero" started on FJ about 2 threads ago. "Hero" as in the character in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing whose reputation was besmirched.

TW Eston over on JensGems calls her Cassandra. He and Jen identified her as the long-term nanny.

OTOH, some of us find JensGems, Jen and TW Eston unreliable, very inconsistent and quite repulsive in their glee at the Fall of Doug. Betting on the "other" woman's, or man's or, indeed, person(s) identity is still open.

The pseudonym "Hero" started on FJ about 2 threads ago. "Hero" as in the character in Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing whose reputation was besmirched.

TW Eston over on JensGems calls her Cassandra. He and Jen identified her as the long-term nanny.

OTOH, some of us find JensGems, Jen and TW Eston unreliable, very inconsistent and quite repulsive in their glee at the Fall of Doug. Betting on the "other" woman's, or man's or, indeed, person(s) identity is still open.

Thanks!

My hunch (admittedly based on nothing but some Facebook sleuthing of mutual friends, family members, etc. and a gut feeling) is that the "cougar" mentioned on Jens Gems plays a bigger part in this whole situation than is so far apparent.

Yeah, I guess its likely, seeing as she was mentioned in the first place. It seems like a completely random out of the blue thing for them to say, and Doug has shown her favouritism by not shunning her for her sexual behaviour like he has done with other women. She might not have been a third woman who Doug tooled, but maybe they equally have dirt on eachother-shes cheating on her husband, hes cheating on his wife, and each of them knows this and wont tell if the other doesn't.

One other possibility (amongst many others) is that Doug was involved with someone outside of VF, either as "the affair" or one of them. So they may not have a name which could explain why the person hasn't been named and thrown under the bus. Only Doug would know and he's not gonna tell.

Yeah, I guess its likely, seeing as she was mentioned in the first place. It seems like a completely random out of the blue thing for them to say, and Doug has shown her favouritism by not shunning her for her sexual behaviour like he has done with other women. She might not have been a third woman who Doug tooled, but maybe they equally have dirt on eachother-shes cheating on her husband, hes cheating on his wife, and each of them knows this and wont tell if the other doesn't.

There was absolutely no need for Jen and Eston to mention this woman's brother, by name, but they did. In fact, it would have made for easier reading if they'd if they'd just said something like, "...and became increasingly erratic after a family tragedy." But no, they purposely pointed to this young man, and there's some reason they did.

There was absolutely no need for Jen and Eston to mention this woman's brother, by name, but they did. In fact, it would have made for easier reading if they'd if they'd just said something like, "...and became increasingly erratic after a family tragedy." But no, they purpposeosely pointed to this young man,

Uh. TW and Jen have an agenda.

They outed Mrs R. (the cougar) by name. And her dead brother. Mrs R is a Jezebel, per Jen and TW. They also pinpointed Hero/Cassandra. Why? Seriously, why did they expose the nanny?

They also have promised a full expose of Doug's financial shenanigans by Jen. My toe is still tapping on that one.

TW and Jen lost my attention weeks ago. I don't think they have the real story, although they may have a few elements of the truth. Their changing stories and grasping at straws exposed them as idiots.

Dougie may have been boinking 100% of the wives of BCA, 95% of the VF interns, and sundry other (male or female) hangers on at VFM for all we know. Including Mrs R.

Part of Jen's ire seems to be that she was not granted the access to Doug and freedom to be a Mrs R at BCA. IMO.

Yes, TW and Jen do disgust me. Most of what they say is pure Patriarchy. Jen just spent a few posts defending Michael Pearl. TW is up there with the assholiest of assholes. I discount them both.

I don't think we will ever know the real truth. I still say follow the $$$, possible IRS investigations, and the VFM board decisions. Especially those involving Scott Brown taking over VFM assets. I truly think that $$$ is why DP was forced to hit the road. Sex scandals are one thing. $$$ are another. Scott is poised for a "take-over" and a "chastened" Dougie will return at some point.

Of course I may be wrong. It won't be the first time. Or the last. :)

It would not surprise me if Bradrick!/Brown's ire against Doug Phillips is a Tool is all a bit of stage theatrics. They are expected to appear mad and betrayed so they are playing the game, but in the long run, Doug Phillips is a Tool will likely be welcomed back to the family and they will all enjoy the empire once again (enter right the butterflies and unicorns with cello crescendo now!).

ETA: I'm filled with glee -- I've become a Pecan Thief!

I don't think that Jen and TW should have posted as much as they did, especially naming this woman and her brother (who they had no need to, theres no difference to the story whether she was named or not, she is just a minor side character in the whole Doug Phillips scandal thing) and doing as much as possible to out Hero without actually giving her name. They even posted a picture of her, just blurred her face, but that was too close. They didn't need to give as many details as they did, as its now pretty much an open secret who she is.

I have stopped reading Jen's blog. She tries to be the expert on the situation but ends up doing a lot of back peddling. I also dont like how she keeps giving full names on her blog. I dont need to know full names or even first names. The persons involved deserve some privacy. Doug is the exception because he is a public figure who outed himself.

My hunch (admittedly based on nothing but some Facebook sleuthing of mutual friends, family members, etc. and a gut feeling) is that the "cougar" mentioned on Jens Gems plays a bigger part in this whole situation than is so far apparent.

Here's a hypotheses: The Tool was caught with, or at least there was strong circumstantial evidence he was with, Mrs. Robinson back at the beginning of the year. OK, that was fair. They seem to be considered "equals", she was obviously asking for it *, "suitable" apologies and repairs were made and life went on. They considered it an aberration based on her behavior, after all even a strong man could fall for a Jezebel. Someone with NPD could weasel out of that one.

Late in the year he's caught either by Beall or (oh wince) more than likely one of the children with Hero. This time it's different. This was an innocent he was supposed to be sheltering and this shows a pattern of infidelity. They confront King Dougie on both points and he blows a gasket. It would be a lot harder for someone with NPD to work their head through that one because it would be a lot harder for him to convince everyone that Hero was at fault given her situation and the previous encounter so Bradderick! got a full blown blast of narcissistic rage thrown at him. (I've seen that, it's like being hit by a tsunami, swear.) But the Elders found the coins in their coin purses and stood up to the Tool (and good for them if that's the case)

Now they are all dealing with having this tool with NPD melting down in their midst. I feel real sorry for the kids if that's the case. Really, really sorry.

If any man was paying for a dom/me to make him obey, do some forced feminization etc, it is Doug Tool Phillips.

"Time to drink some more tea out of your pretty, pretty teacup, BITCH! That's right, it's TEA TIME!"

"Um, actually, mistress, it's high tea. Could you please say high--"

*WHACK!*

Link? Pleeeaaase?

galleries.prislovskyphoto.com/Wedding-Daze/Jon-and-Callan-

Pay close attention to pics of the bridesmaids, flower girls, and the barn reception.

galleries.prislovskyphoto.com/Wedding-Daze/Jon-and-Callan-

Pay close attention to pics of the bridesmaids, flower girls, and the barn reception.

I got to the photo in which someone was putting eye shadow on the approximately 5-year-old flower girl, and my brain shorted out. Really? Really?

I got to the photo in which someone was putting eye shadow on the approximately 5-year-old flower girl, and my brain shorted out. Really? Really?

There were a LOT of photos there. I think I finally figured out that maybe Doug's daughter was a flower girl and I think I found one photo of him on the aisle as the bride and groom were recessing the ceremony. But I don't really see proof that Beall wasn't there. Am I missing something? I can't bear to scroll through all those photos again.

ETA: Sorry, it wasn't the recessional, it was a barn photo on Page 8. Bride and groom coming in from somewhere, Dougie on the right, back to camera, in a grey suit. With bubbles. LOL. Page 8, 8th photo down.

Archived