IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

They just showed a rerun of Jill and JD's mission trip to Asia. It's not a mission trip, it's a freaking summer camp for Christian kids. JD was also being an ass (along with the girls) about riding an elephant into a river. "Ohhh, it's dirty, we'll get sick". The other kids on the trip even booed his negative comments.

The episode is titled "Duggar Want a Cracker".

How about we re-title that episode "Duggar is a Cracker"?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brand New to the board - but i died laughing from everyone's posts

:)

I agree what is with the thing on his head :D

although even though I could be his mother and I am technically older than his mother :D he is really cute - except for the thing on his head and the glasses.

he and Jessa are adorable but he is way to young to get married imo

been watching this past season more than any other season because well of the wedding and them so I am guilty of that :D

Pics are up of DFB with Ben in a rag around his head; stupid. He needs to go!

He just wrapped a tshirt around his head. Some folks do that in the heat if its wet or they dont want to carry it instead. He's not stupid because of it.

I didn't say he was stupid; I was referring to the rag on his head as a stupid thing to do. I got the impression due to his immaturity that he probably spotted a local wrapping his head in such a fashion and copied it. Some can pull it off; Ben cannot pull it off. Ben, just be yourself.

A kiss doesn't have to lead to anything. It can just be a kiss. Teach self control.

:clap:

Isn't that one of Gothard's character qualities?

I didn't say he was stupid; I was referring to the rag on his head as a stupid thing to do. I got the impression due to his immaturity that he probably spotted a local wrapping his head in such a fashion and copied it. Some can pull it off; Ben cannot pull it off. Ben, just be yourself.

Or he just wrapped a tshirt around his head. Folks do that in the heat in the US too...

:clap:

Isn't that one of Gothard's character qualities?

Yes, but it seems they define it as 'instant obedience'. That word does not mean what they think it means. To define it correctly for them "Self-control is the ability to control one's emotions, behavior, and desires in the face of external demands in order to function in society." They do not teach their children self control. Instead, they teach obedience, or submission to authority.

If the Duggar kids ha self control,they'd be patient and not be climbing all over counters and such to get what they want.

If the Duggar kids ha self control,they'd be patient and not be climbing all over counters and such to get what they want.

I think this is just competition. When there is stiff competition for resources, such as candy, parental attention, etc. it does not pay to wait. Assertiveness gets you what you want. The Duggar kids are always competing for such limited resources that they learn to be aggressive and just go after it. Their environment encourages it.

It's like puppies. They crawl all over each other to get to mom because otherwise they might miss out on the food. The least assertive doesn't eat. But put them in an environment where self-control is what gets you food/rewards, and their behavior changes.

Same thing here, basically. And that's why humans shouldn't have a litter of kids.

I can't see any of Jessa's instagram pics since May. Is she set to members only or something? I don't have an insta, and I don't plan on getting one, because I would just use it for fundie watching and I'm trying to cut back on that as it is!

I totally agree with this. Why is hand sex ok (when engaged only, of course), but a peck on the cheek isn't? They have no problem kissing a baby on the cheek, I'm sure.

Have we actually ever seen any of them kiss a baby on the cheek? Or kiss a boo-boo?

Have we actually ever seen any of them kiss a baby on the cheek? Or kiss a boo-boo?

i'm 99% sure i've seen JB kiss jill and jordyn (maybe josie, too) on their cheeks.

i'm 99% sure i've seen JB kiss jill and jordyn (maybe josie, too) on their cheeks.

Jim Bob went around and kissed all the kids after the announcement of the demise of Jubilee, even the older boys up to Joseph.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen Michelle kiss a baby or a kid.

I can't see any of Jessa's instagram pics since May. Is she set to members only or something? I don't have an insta, and I don't plan on getting one, because I would just use it for fundie watching and I'm trying to cut back on that as it is!

i don't see hers either- thank god for ben :D

Jim Bob went around and kissed all the kids after the announcement of the demise of Jubilee, even the older boys up to Joseph.

I'm not sure if I've ever seen Michelle kiss a baby or a kid.

This is why I like JB more than Michelle. For all his faults (which are numerous) I think he actually loves his kids. Michelle not at all.

Jill got married after filling part three of her snark threads, and we're already on page 45 of part three of Jessa courtship snark, so I'm expecting an engagement announcement anytime now :D

i don't see hers either- thank god for ben :D

That's because Jessa stopped using her own account after a while. Methinks she's not allowed to use it anymore as it made the (false?) engagement rumors flare up and, since they aren't really allowed to have their own social media until at least engagement, she wasn't really supposed to have it in the first place.

However I think that along with running the DuggerFam instagram, she also uses Ben's.

I think this is just competition. When there is stiff competition for resources, such as candy, parental attention, etc. it does not pay to wait. Assertiveness gets you what you want. The Duggar kids are always competing for such limited resources that they learn to be aggressive and just go after it. Their environment encourages it.

It's like puppies. They crawl all over each other to get to mom because otherwise they might miss out on the food. The least assertive doesn't eat. But put them in an environment where self-control is what gets you food/rewards, and their behavior changes.

Same thing here, basically. And that's why humans shouldn't have a litter of kids.

This really fits with how the older children behave vs the younger, wilder Duggars. Fascinating. And sad.

That's because Jessa stopped using her own account after a while. Methinks she's not allowed to use it anymore as it made the (false?) engagement rumors flare up and, since they aren't really allowed to have their own social media until at least engagement, she wasn't really supposed to have it in the first place.

However I think that along with running the DuggerFam instagram, she also uses Ben's.

I agree that Jessa likely got caught being naughty on social media. I've been lurking around the forums for a while and I don't think anyone else has mentioned this but the duggarfam account started following Jessa when she first "officially" joined social media but then unfollowed her shortly thereafter. A few days later, whoever was running the family account at the time (Jessa?) re-followed the jessaseewald handle, coupled with an announcement to their followers that Jessa was on twitter/IG only to then unfollow her AGAIN later. And now I see that the duggarfam IG has once again started following Jessa just a few hours ago!! Yup, something fishy is definitely going on behind the scenes...wouldn't be surprised if Jessa is doing all this for the attention irregardless of whether she was engaged (and IMO, she's NOT). I don't think Jim Bob and Michelle are keeping tabs on their children's social media usage as much they'd like people to believe... :naughty:

I agree that Jessa likely got caught being naughty on social media. I've been lurking around the forums for a while and I don't think anyone else has mentioned this but the duggarfam account started following Jessa when she first "officially" joined social media but then unfollowed her shortly thereafter. A few days later, whoever was running the family account at the time (Jessa?) re-followed the jessaseewald handle, coupled with an announcement to their followers that Jessa was on twitter/IG only to then unfollow her AGAIN later. And now I see that the duggarfam IG has once again started following Jessa just a few hours ago!! Yup, something fishy is definitely going on behind the scenes...wouldn't be surprised if Jessa is doing all this for the attention irregardless of whether she was engaged (and IMO, she's NOT). I don't think Jim Bob and Michelle are keeping tabs on their children's social media usage as much they'd like people to believe... :naughty:

I'm not sure JB and Moosh have anything to do with technology. Maybe JoyAnna keeps pranking Jessa by unfollowing her account. That seems like something that might amuse a sixteen year old with no outlet for actual misbehavior.

I'm not sure JB and Moosh have anything to do with technology. Maybe JoyAnna keeps pranking Jessa by unfollowing her account. That seems like something that might amuse a sixteen year old with no outlet for actual misbehavior.

I guess it's possible that Joy or someone else is pranking Jessa...or maybe Jessa is the one fooling her family? Not sure why Jessa wouldn't just use her own account unless she wasn't supposed to in the first place. It's obvious that she's still very active on the duggarfam account as evident by her constant RT-ing and fave-ing of Ben's selfies of them together. If there's anyone in the Duggar family that needs an outlet for whatever act of rebellion or misbehavior, I think signs have been pointing towards Jessa for a while now...perhaps this is why Jim Bob has been stalling an engagement for her and Ben? Can't risk marrying off one of his more rebellious daughter to a guy with no real discernible future to speak of at the moment nor the spine to keep her straight should she stray from the "Godly" path that her parents have worked all these years to force upon their children. Maybe he's hoping that if he stalls long enough, Jessa will lose interest in her boy toy and break off their courtship.

Archived