IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

I think that pic was from his Ecuador mission with the Duggars and I have never seen a pic of him with a rag on his head when he was in AK. He's a wan-a-be on every elevel

A wanna-be what? It's hot, he sweats, he puts a cloth on his head. I don't think he's in some area where he's likely to be shot for it being the wrong color bandana, is he?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bennyboy (I also like this nickname) has edited his post bashing catholics and deleted his other post defending his catholic bashing. He then deleted all comments made by anyone who said anything regarding said bashing. Then, for an additional F U, he posted a bible verse about how Jesus is the only intercessory (since he is convinced Catholics believe Mary or Saints are intercessories)

I always thought it basically boiled down to:

Excuse Making Catholic= If I do something horrible I don't have to go to hell if I go to confession and do my penance.

Excuse Making Protestant= If i do something horrible I don't have to go to hell because I am already saved through the grace of Jesus.

Catholics, Protestants and any one else who don't feel like making excuses: I am going to avoid doing horrible things because it's just plain wrong. I know I'm not perfect, but I'll try not to hurt other people because what happens in this life matters too.

I always thought it basically boiled down to:

Excuse Making Catholic= If I do something horrible I don't have to go to hell if I go to confession and do my penance.

Excuse Making Protestant= If i do something horrible I don't have to go to hell because I am already saved through the grace of Jesus.

Catholics, Protestants and any one else who don't feel like making excuses: I am going to avoid doing horrible things because it's just plain wrong. I know I'm not perfect, but I'll try not to hurt other people because what happens in this life matters too.

Sounds about right to me. My Protestant stepmother was the sort of person who treated a lot of people really bad, but had no problem justifying this, because she could just run to church on Sundays and check in with Jesus, and that would make everything right as rain.

what would happen to Ben via JB if people really didn't like his facebook posts? and constantly emailed TLC

this is what i wonder - because his facebook is all of sudden no more fun to read

I think that pic was from his Ecuador mission with the Duggars and I have never seen a pic of him with a rag on his head when he was in AK. He's a wan-a-be on every elevel

Don't feel bad, this is a very common mistake, but AK is the abbreviation for Alaska. AR is the correct abbreviation for Arkansas.

In case you wondered, Arizona is AZ and Alabama is AL.

what would happen to Ben via JB if people really didn't like his facebook posts? and constantly emailed TLC

this is what i wonder - because his facebook is all of sudden no more fun to read

He's already deleted quite a bit of the commentary, including a photo he posted of a statue of the Virgin Mary with the praying shepherd children. He was using it to prove how Catholics worship saints and idols instead of the baby Jesus.

Some posters were very offended, others may have been faux offended, but either way, it's not smart. TLC has their hands full trying avoid mentions of Gothard and the Family Research Council; they don't need one of their new characters openly Catholic bashing on Facebook.

While we can be fairly certain that Jim Bob agrees Catholics are not Christians, I don't think he'd be happy about anything that annoys TLC. The continuation of the show is very, very important to him.

He's already deleted quite a bit of the commentary, including a photo he posted of a statue of the Virgin Mary with the praying shepherd children. He was using it to prove how Catholics worship saints and idols instead of the baby Jesus.

Some posters were very offended, others may have been faux offended, but either way, it's not smart. TLC has their hands full trying avoid mentions of Gothard and the Family Research Council; they don't need one of their new characters openly Catholic bashing on Facebook.

While we can be fairly certain that Jim Bob agrees Catholics are not Christians, I don't think he'd be happy about anything that annoys TLC. The continuation of the show is very, very important to him.

I think it's ironic he/TLC would do something to shut Ben up but Boob and Mullet can walk around taking selfies at the Holocaust Museum and scream "abortion" at every display.

I think it's ironic he/TLC would do something to shut Ben up but Boob and Mullet can walk around taking selfies at the Holocaust Museum and scream "abortion" at every display.

Unfortunately, most of their fans don't get how deeply offensive that fake analogy is.

But openly slamming the second largest religious group in the US (the largest group if you break out Protestant denominations)? Probably not a good idea for BennyBoy to go there.

I just hope someone will tell his little ass off! I don't think he has met the right person who can totally make his face red with embarrassment. But then again, maybe he has already because he use to protest abortion in front of a store or something.

Hey how long has Jessa had pierced ears?? Do any of the other girls have pierced ears? I knew Josh and Anna had Mack's ears pierced since she was a baby but I never noticed any off the Duggar sisters wearing ear rings.

Oh yeah,I think Ben will be out the door if he keeps that up! I would have thought he would have been well versed on what not to say to offend the viewers by now.

I would think TLC would welcome the controversy. They might lose some viewers, but they probably would rake in more just cause some people like a train wreck, and other people get really indignant if they think someone on the far right is being silenced ( look at all that Duck Dynasty fake hoopla) .

I would think TLC would welcome the controversy. They might lose some viewers, but they probably would rake in more just cause some people like a train wreck, and other people get really indignant if they think someone on the far right is being silenced ( look at all that Duck Dynasty fake hoopla) .

But then wouldn't more fans likely quit watching out of disappointment if the most beautiful girl was swept away by a bigot? Everyone knew Phil was a say-it-like-he-sees-it bigot already, it's part of the branding. :lol:

My thought is that 19kac may get a lot of Catholic viewers,seeing as they tend to have larger families and many don't use b/c as well.Similar beliefs in many ways.And they certainly wouldn't want to lose those viewers.

My thought is that 19kac may get a lot of Catholic viewers,seeing as they tend to have larger families and many don't use b/c as well.Similar beliefs in many ways.And they certainly wouldn't want to lose those viewers.

That's my thoughts on it too. What with the large families, homeschooling, modesty and virulent anti abortionism they must have a substantial conservative catholic audience who they wouldn't want to offend by blatant anti papistry

me too.he's just blathering on about things he appears to not know much about.

I think he wears that pro life shirt all the time now, and posts "abortion is murder" pics just as often. Super annoying.

me too.he's just blathering on about things he appears to not know much about.

I spent 27 years in the Catholic Church and then I spent 3 years removing it (and all traces of religion) from my life. Even though I now consider myself an atheist through and through, I still find myself up in arms every time an Evangelical Christian starts spewing lies about Catholicism. I don't believe in this stuff anymore and so it has no reason to affect me in any way, but it really ticked me off to read his comments. I keep telling myself that he's just an ignorant, uninformed, 19 year old boy. But this boy will be married soon and start producing his own little army of Christian soldiers to indoctrinate with his misbeliefs.

But then wouldn't more fans likely quit watching out of disappointment if the most beautiful girl was swept away by a bigot? Everyone knew Phil was a say-it-like-he-sees-it bigot already, it's part of the branding. :lol:

You say that like the Duggars aren't raging bigots themselves. They're smart enough to hide it because of their show, but they agree 100% with Ben's views. They're more likely to train Ben not to put those views out where non-crazies can see rather than sever ties with him.

Are there many Catholic in the U.S. (or anywhere, really) who have large families anymore or otherwise follow any of the official Vatican rules? I grew up culturally Catholic and went to catholic school pre-K through 12th grade, and people older than my grandmother who had more than 3-4 kids got a raised brow. One good thing about Catholics is they don't take their religious leaders all that seriously.

You say that like the Duggars aren't raging bigots themselves. They're smart enough to hide it because of their show, but they agree 100% with Ben's views. They're more likely to train Ben not to put those views out where non-crazies can see rather than sever ties with him.

That's true lol The Duggars definitely backed off on the cult-speak that was pretty evident in the frumper years, but we know they believe it just as much as ever. Naive viewers would be shocked if the facade fell away, though. And the show might flop.

Let's not forget Josh's little anti-Catholic post on Twitter while the fam was campaigning for Frothy.

2w5nift.png

ETA: I believe he deleted it not long after.

Archived