IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My daughters father has a distinct smell. I can smell him, but he doesn't have a clue what I am talking about. I have always loved his scent, and I guess that has something to do with it. I can also tell certain things by the way he smells. It gets sharper and stronger, or subtle and muted, or whatever, and I usually know what that means... because the chemical make up temporarily changes, it has nothing to do with whether or not he has bathed lol He is the only person that I know of who I have noticed this with too.

Does that make sense?

My daughters father has a distinct smell. I can smell him, but he doesn't have a clue what I am talking about. I have always loved his scent, and I guess that has something to do with it. I can also tell certain things by the way he smells. It gets sharper and stronger, or subtle and muted, or whatever, and I usually know what that means... because the chemical make up temporarily changes, it has nothing to do with whether or not he has bathed lol He is the only person that I know of who I have noticed this with too.

Does that make sense?

Yes, absolutely. I think it works that way for everyone, except that most of us aren't consciously aware of it, and you are. I wish I could be that attuned!

(lol, so says "the dog", who in theory can smell better than anyone… :chi-yes: :animals-dog: :animals-dogrun: )

Yes, absolutely. I think it works that way for everyone, except that most of us aren't consciously aware of it, and you are. I wish I could be that attuned!

(lol, so says "the dog", who in theory can smell better than anyone… :chi-yes: :animals-dog: :animals-dogrun: )

I think his stepmom notices it too. She walked in one day and said "WHAT is that musty smell?" I said "It's K" She said "What?" I said "The house always smells like this... its just the way K smells." She looked at me like I was loony tunes.

My ex had a scent too I think, but mostly he smelled like Monster because that was the only thing he would drink. I don't know if thats because he drank so much of it that it became his "scent" or I could just smell it on his breath all the time lol

My amazing dog power is my hearing. I can hear super high pitched sounds and people think I'm crazy. I was playing with a brain that lit up in the doctors office one time, and everytime I pushed the button it made a high pitched noise. I told my mom and she told me I was crazy until I held it up to her ear.

Has anyone else noticed that Jessa doesn't seem to be wearing her purity ring much?
Yep you're not the only one.

Also worth noting: the seewald children are still allowed to wear shorts and pants (girls too!) and even Jes Seewald still wears jeans.

I wonder if the rest of the Seewalds are as religious as Bin? Even his parents didn't come off as intense as Boob and Jichelle. When Jessa and Michelle went to visit the family in Hot Springs, it really looked like they were ''playing fundie'' with all the girls in long skirts. And the extended family sure didn't look fundie AT ALL.

It also makes me wonder, as parents, aren't M. and Mrs. Seewald a bit worried that their child is going head first like this into QF movement? Sure the Seewalds seem to have big enough family (6-7 children I think?) but it isn't anywhere near the two digits.

I wonder if the rest of the Seewalds are as religious as Bin? Even his parents didn't come off as intense as Boob and Jichelle. When Jessa and Michelle went to visit the family in Hot Springs, it really looked like they were ''playing fundie'' with all the girls in long skirts. And the extended family sure didn't look fundie AT ALL.

It also makes me wonder, as parents, aren't M. and Mrs. Seewald a bit worried that their child is going head first like this into QF movement? Sure the Seewalds seem to have big enough family (6-7 children I think?) but it isn't anywhere near the two digits.

Ben's family is fundielite, pants and pop culture, but home school and very anti-abortion. I don't think they're so worried about Ben, he'd get TLC money which is exciting, marry a pretty girl, and he has the penis so he'll be the headship. I think they'd be a lot more reluctant if a daughter were marrying in.

I imagine that for fundielite parents, a 19 year old son marrying a fundie girl is considered better than if he went to live in dorms at a secular university. At least he won't get into drugs or heathen lifestyle.

These two are coming up on courting for almost a year...isn't that extremely long in their 'world'?

Does that make sense?

My husband has to ability to smell things like this,as well. He smells ovulation (I kid you not!) and if a woman has her period /is sick / take certain medications / is afraid. Nothing to do with showering or not. I freaked me out in the beginning, but know I´m getting used to it.

There is a small group of people who can tell people or animals that are in ketoacidosis by smelling their breath.

Scent is connected to memory, it is so powerful. I had a boyfriend that had a particular scent. I could smell him as he was coming. I can conjure up the scent in my mind right now and it's been 30 years,

I don't have the greatest sense of smell:.. On fact it's often just not there, so I envy people.

The I only smell I still remember after more than 10 years is the smell of burnt flesh. And that's one I WANT to forget.

This is a little gross but almost any nurse will tell you there is NO ODOR like a GI bleed (someone throwing up or pooping blood) and once you've smelled it you never forget it. :shock:

How did we go from Jessa's courtship to smells? :mrgreen:

What's the selfie of today?

Will they announce the engagement soon or wait until after Jill's wedding airs?

as long as their lips don't touch...

I don't see why they can't kiss on the cheek,or like when Ben comes to see Jessa,he could kiss her on the head or something.These things are just so silly,and it shows how tight fundies are wound.Side hugs only...that's not vry affectionate.

I totally agree with this. Why is hand sex ok (when engaged only, of course), but a peck on the cheek isn't? They have no problem kissing a baby on the cheek, I'm sure.

I totally agree with this. Why is hand sex ok (when engaged only, of course), but a peck on the cheek isn't? They have no problem kissing a baby on the cheek, I'm sure.

I think hugging, even side hugging is more affectionate than kissing, but kissing is more sexual even though it doesn't have to be sexual. If you want to comfort someone, you give them a hug, not a kiss. If you see a non romantic friend that you haven't seen for a long time, you run up and give them a hug. I think this is one area where the duggars are right.

What's the selfie of today?

Will they announce the engagement soon or wait until after Jill's wedding airs?

My guess is they are going to ride the wedding gravy train and continue to sell that story stale, and then pull out the Bessa engagement to renew interest. I estimate a few more months.... if that.

I think hugging, even side hugging is more affectionate than kissing, but kissing is more sexual even though it doesn't have to be sexual. If you want to comfort someone, you give them a hug, not a kiss. If you see a non romantic friend that you haven't seen for a long time, you run up and give them a hug. I think this is one area where the duggars are right.

A kiss doesn't have to lead to anything. It can just be a kiss. Teach self control.

These two are coming up on courting for almost a year...isn't that extremely long in their 'world'?

It's very long in their world, which is why everyone is like where is the marriage and the babies. I am very glad that they have waited so long to get engaged then married. I think this will at least give them the opportunity to get to know one another on a deeper level than the standard court,engage,marry in the span of six months. I know they still have chaperones and such but at least they have had time to see each other in all kinds of different situations and see how one another handles day to day life. At least they wont be complete strangers when they meet at the altar. I do hope that if they get engaged, they will have a longer than normal engagement as well.

My guess is they are going to ride the wedding gravy train and continue to sell that story stale, and then pull out the Bessa engagement to renew interest. I estimate a few more months.... if that.

I saw today a instagram pic with them at Chick-fil-a! Of course Smug posted one, too!

So they are supposed to have self control during courtship,with a chaperone present of course.

But after marriage,it no holds barred,and the wife is expected to put out,even if she is sick,tired,exhausted,heavily pregnant or just plain not in the mood.

In that case,I think they need a chaperone in the bedroom!

For example,Michelle Duggar could go sleep in the girl's dorm when she's not in the mood,and or JB could go to the boy's room for some accountability,since he can't seem to have any self control once married.

There.That should do it.LOL

They just showed a rerun of Jill and JD's mission trip to Asia. It's not a mission trip, it's a freaking summer camp for Christian kids. JD was also being an ass (along with the girls) about riding an elephant into a river. "Ohhh, it's dirty, we'll get sick". The other kids on the trip even booed his negative comments.

The episode is titled "Duggar Want a Cracker".

Archived