IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

AGREE!!!!!!! That's what bugs me the most about BennyBoy-his arrogant, ignorant, uneducated, authoritative attitude! Really, Jessa, THIS is what you choose as your headship????

Maybe he's so interested in the abortion issue because it's the only socially acceptable way for him to think about vaginas. Kind of like when closeted right-wing gay men are obsessed with talking about gay sex.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now Hollywood Gossip has posted it

wonder what will happen next because if gossip sites pick up on it - you know The Today Show, Good Morning America will pick on it and this is not what he wanted probably.

I hope the little twerp pays for his ignorance. Catholicism is way bigger than Gothardism. Catholics have a huge power in this country, and they vote with their dollars and their sheer numbers. His comments slammed a very large portion of the population. I don't think Daddy Boob is gonna take to kindly to his protege making such a big noise. Off to Alert with BenBob!!!!

I love that the Radar article states that Jessa and Ben have been "heavily courting." :nanner-sex:

I imagine he thinks all the comments calling him out are "persecution." The whole: my conscience is captive to the word of God is a Martin Luther reference. I bet the whole facebook post was motivated by a zealous desire for a good witness and to bring others to the True Gospel TM.

I have a lot of empathy for these young people, because I was a zealous codependent hyper-evangelical Christian who really thought speaking out like this was doing the Right Thing. Thank goodness I only had a handful of put-upon relatives and friends and the occasional unlucky stranger to witness my extremism. Not the whole world.

Rabbit trail: the fundie brand of Christianity that thinks the Reformation was the pinnacle of Christendom makes my head explode, because they do not know basic church history. So Ben would think that making this apologetic stand for fundie-Christianity = Luther's 95 thesis. When if he actually studied church history he would recognize that if Luther were alive today he would have much more affinity with the modern Catholic church than fundie Christianity.

I imagine he thinks all the comments calling him out are "persecution." The whole: my conscience is captive to the word of God is a Martin Luther reference. I bet the whole facebook post was motivated by a zealous desire for a good witness and to bring others to the True Gospel TM.

I have a lot of empathy for these young people, because I was a zealous codependent hyper-evangelical Christian who really thought speaking out like this was doing the Right Thing. Thank goodness I only had a handful of put-upon relatives and friends and the occasional unlucky stranger to witness my extremism. Not the whole world.

Rabbit trail: the fundie brand of Christianity that thinks the Reformation was the pinnacle of Christendom makes my head explode, because they do not know basic church history. So Ben would think that making this apologetic stand for fundie-Christianity = Luther's 95 thesis. When if he actually studied church history he would recognize that if Luther were alive today he would have much more affinity with the modern Catholic church than fundie Christianity.

Also if Jesus were alive today he'd be like, "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU FUCKERS DO IN MY NAME?" Well, except more lovingly. Pretty sure he would frown upon all the persecution and hatred done in his name.

I didn't know anyone who had those kind of extremist Christian views, but Ben reminds me very much of one of my sons at that age. Except if he was suddenly a celebrity and had access to social media the stories would have been a constant tirade against the Iraq war, 9/11 conspiracy theories and the stupidity of religious people. He was so, so sure that his opinion was right about EVERYTHING, and so intense about it. But, fortunately, he grew up and mellowed out. I think it's just a feature of the age and a certain personality type. Unfortunately there is now Facebook and Twitter and a million ways for the entire world to hear 19 year old rants- instead of just their families.

I didn't know anyone who had those kind of extremist Christian views, but Ben reminds me very much of one of my sons at that age. Except if he was suddenly a celebrity and had access to social media the stories would have been a constant tirade against the Iraq war, 9/11 conspiracy theories and the stupidity of religious people. He was so, so sure that his opinion was right about EVERYTHING, and so intense about it. But, fortunately, he grew up and mellowed out. I think it's just a feature of the age and a certain personality type. Unfortunately there is now Facebook and Twitter and a million ways for the entire world to hear 19 year old rants- instead of just their families.

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I was totally the same way around ages 12-16. I was mostly OK by seventeen. When I was around fifteen I used to fantasize about having my own political snark show, a la John Stewart. Now I'm glad I didn't :lol:

Yes it is also unfortunate that he is linked to a famous family and now anything he says or does will be in the media somewhere. Is he trying to impress Jesus or Jim Bob?? There have been some Catholics who are offended and insist that what Ben wrote is false. I wonder how TLC or JB will handle negative publicity...especially from someone who isn't officially a part of their family yet. :roll:

If I were in charge of publicity for TLC, I'd ignore the incident and hope it goes away, while privately have someone talk to Ben about who the audience is (a lot of catholics), and keeping a close eye on his social media accounts in the future.

Also if Jesus were alive today he'd be like, "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU FUCKERS DO IN MY NAME?" Well, except more lovingly. Pretty sure he would frown upon all the persecution and hatred done in his name.

Indeed,it's called taking God's name in vain.Doing so isn't using the swear words like most ppl think it is.

Am thinking this has gotten to the point where JB,if he has an common sense at all,it going to tell Ben that he needs to run everything he plans to post bf him first.

Am thinking this has gotten to the point where JB,if he has an common sense at all,it going to tell Ben that he needs to run everything he plans to post bf him first.

J'boob will probably use Bin as an example for the younger kids, that social media sites are ebil and not safe, giving him more of a reason to keep all of the kids off the internet.

I agree with a previous post about Bin being sent to alert. is he too old to go or is 19 still a "trainable" age in gothardom? Bin will say he was "honored" to attend such a character building fellowshipping experience.

AFAIK, BinBob hasn't attended the prerequisite Gothard seminars to be able to be eligible to attend ALERT. But I think they take guys up to early 20's for the intensive 9-week program that Joseph and Josiah did, the latter at least 3 of the 5 possible "tours."

I don't think JB has the common sense God gave an acorn. I'm sure he's thrilled that his new son in law is a "good" fundie. And JB would stop at nothing if he has something to say - always comparing it to the holocaust, Holocaust Museum selfies, etc - he doesn't care who he pisses off because he KNOWS HE IS RIGHT.

Radar only reported part of what Ben wrote on his Facebook page. His first post actually stated that Catholics and others who practice Voodoo are persecuting the Christians in Honduras and making it very difficult for them to gather and worship. He received a lot of backlash from Catholics and others telling him that Catholics are Christians, and some people also objected to the implication that Catholics practice Voodoo. Ben then posted a second time in which he stated that the Catholics responsible for the persecution of Christians in Honduras are not affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church, and he said that he didn't think that the Pope would approve of what these Catholics were doing. When he continued to get backlash, he then posted what was reported by Radar. This final post about Catholics was solely an attempt to manage the response to what he had previously posted. His first post was reported by Starcasm, and all have been captured by Wtf Fundies and Life is Not All Pickles.... There is now a Facebook page calling for 19 Kids and Counting to boycotted until Ben apologizes.

Radar only reported part of what Ben wrote on his Facebook page. His first post actually stated that Catholics and others who practice Voodoo are persecuting the Christians in Honduras and making it very difficult for them to gather and worship. He received a lot of backlash from Catholics and others telling him that Catholics are Christians, and some people also objected to the implication that Catholics practice Voodoo. Ben then posted a second time in which he stated that the Catholics responsible for the persecution of Christians in Honduras are not affiliated with the Roman Catholic Church, and he said that he didn't think that the Pope would approve of what these Catholics were doing. When he continued to get backlash, he then posted what was reported by Radar. This final post about Catholics was solely an attempt to manage the response to what he had previously posted. His first post was reported by Starcasm, and all have been captured by Wtf Fundies and Life is Not All Pickles.... There is now a Facebook page calling for 19 Kids and Counting to boycotted until Ben apologizes.

:shit-fan:

haha finally a reason to use that smiley.

Seriously could this be the beginning of the end of 19 KAC? Those views are terrible.

Like Phil Robertson's tacky comments... it was offensive especially because it actually is what those bigots think. If more fans start seeing the ugly side of the Duggars it might be the end.

I don't think it's going to bring down 19 Kids and Counting, but I do think this controversy definitely needs to be addressed by Ben - at a minimum - in an appropriate, responsible manner. I have been watching media since Ben's first post last week waiting for mainstream outlets to start reporting this. I do think that more widespread coverage will come unless Ben (and others) address this to the satisfaction of those outraged - myself included! I have personally been spreading his messages in order to generate a more appropriate response from him.

The seesmug wouldn't let himself get sent to alert. He's too macho to be yelled at and punished. Princess.

had I not discovered his facebook or his instagram and just relied on his persona on 19 kids and counting - you would never now he is turning into a brat.

i re watched the episode from the three date dinner party and then read his facebook and instagram posts and the poor boy is two different people - and he seems not to care ... typical of a 19 year old boy

I don't think it's going to bring down 19 Kids and Counting, but I do think this controversy definitely needs to be addressed by Ben - at a minimum - in an appropriate, responsible manner. I have been watching media since Ben's first post last week waiting for mainstream outlets to start reporting this. I do think that more widespread coverage will come unless Ben (and others) address this to the satisfaction of those outraged - myself included! I have personally been spreading his messages in order to generate a more appropriate response from him.

do you really think he is come out and say i am sorry...

No. He hasn't yet and it's been over a week. But the pressure will build as more media report what he wrote. I think he will be forced to take some action, though, if the coverage is more widespread. This is my goal!

No. He hasn't yet and it's been over a week. But the pressure will build as more media report what he wrote. I think he will be forced to take some action, though, if the coverage is more widespread. This is my goal!

good goal -- my goal was to send him some happy movies via tlc - but I think I like your idea better - maybe he won't be so smug

I read elsewhere that someone wanted to send Ben The Breakfast Club, to help him to "lighten up." There is definitely a consensus that he takes himself too seriously. I wouldn't have a problem with his serious side (his only side?) if he refrained from imposing his beliefs on others and, more importantly, condemning others for their beliefs - without even taking the time to properly research beliefs he falsely ascribes to others.

I say Jessa has now given away a very important part of her heart to this kid; love to know the discussion DQ and Boob are having with her during their heart to hearts!!!

Archived