IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

I guess it's possible that Joy or someone else is pranking Jessa...or maybe Jessa is the one fooling her family? Not sure why Jessa wouldn't just use her own account unless she wasn't supposed to in the first place. It's obvious that she's still very active on the duggarfam account as evident by her constant RT-ing and fave-ing of Ben's selfies of them together. If there's anyone in the Duggar family that needs an outlet for whatever act of rebellion or misbehavior, I think signs have been pointing towards Jessa for a while now...perhaps this is why Jim Bob has been stalling an engagement for her and Ben? Can't risk marrying off one of his more rebellious daughter to a guy with no real discernible future to speak of at the moment nor the spine to keep her straight should she stray from the "Godly" path that her parents have worked all these years to force upon their children. Maybe he's hoping that if he stalls long enough, Jessa will lose interest in her boy toy and break off their courtship.

There's no way JimBob would let Jessa break off her courtship, let alone encourage it. Not after Ben has been introduced on TLC and even had his own talking heads and storylines, and Jessa has publicly proclaimed her love for him over and over. Jessa is stuck with her teenage groom, like it or not.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no way JimBob would let Jessa break off her courtship, let alone encourage it. Not after Ben has been introduced on TLC and even had his own talking heads and storylines, and Jessa has publicly proclaimed her love for him over and over. Jessa is stuck with her teenage groom, like it or not.

I lean towards it being less likely, but they certainly could blather on about how Jessa and Ben are still pure, unlike us heathens and whores who "dated" before marriage.

Agree. Ben is a character on the show now and he won't be written out.

The sudden cancellation of the show would be Jessa's only hope to stop the barreling train in it's tracks. To be fair, Ben is also stuck with her, and being a teen male who has never had a girlfriend before he's not at all in a rational place now.

When my daughter was registering for her first college courses a couple of years ago, she said "It really doesn't seem to make much sense to be making major life decisions at 18". Which is true enough, but a college major can be easily changed. (and in her case has been. Twice now.) A fundie marriage is another story.

well Ben posted some thoughts from his trip and all I can say is he is either very young and doesn't have a clue or he truly believes what he writes. either way things have changed imo

I'm not sure JB and Moosh have anything to do with technology. Maybe JoyAnna keeps pranking Jessa by unfollowing her account. That seems like something that might amuse a sixteen year old with no outlet for actual misbehavior.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if it were Jessa herself doing all the following/unfollowing. She's no older than 16 emotionally, for one thing, and her FU Internet comments have been particularly pointed. I think people's negative comments and call-outs of Duggar contradictions really bother her, and she'll take any opportunity to mess with people to see the theories they come up with.

I have the tiniest sliver of hope that pressure to marry Ben will be the catalyst leading Jessa to escape. Jessa, if you are reading this, you can still get married and have children, but after getting to know the real world, going to university alone, working and supporting yourself and living in an apartment without your family forcing you to do their will. Remember the story of the prodigal son? If you break away now and regret it, you can always go back and G-d will forgive you. However, if you get married and have a few kids right away and then regret not having had your freedom, you probably won't be able to do anything without being completely miserable or tearing apart your family. Sorry if that is harsh. We are rooting for you!

he wrote ......The church in Honduras would put many American churches to shame. Would you go to church if it could cost you your life? Would you go to church if you had to walk an hour there and an hour back through rugged terrain? Yet these brave Christians meet faithfully despite bitter persecution from the Catholics and those in Voodoo. They pray fervently on their knees and give freely to the poor...or poorest. These people don't have cars, AC, live in mud huts, have little food, but they will come together and support those who have even less. Their faith is an inspiration to me.

that is what he said

if I a not allowed to post this - delete it

and then because of what people wrote on his facebook page

he went on and on

which i again I will post if i am allowed ......

he wrote ......The church in Honduras would put many American churches to shame. Would you go to church if it could cost you your life? Would you go to church if you had to walk an hour there and an hour back through rugged terrain? Yet these brave Christians meet faithfully despite bitter persecution from the Catholics and those in Voodoo. They pray fervently on their knees and give freely to the poor...or poorest. These people don't have cars, AC, live in mud huts, have little food, but they will come together and support those who have even less. Their faith is an inspiration to me.

that is what he said

if I a not allowed to post this - delete it

and then because of what people wrote on his facebook page

he went on and on

So he really doesnt' think Catholics are christian?? they believe in Christ and I believe that is the basic definition of Christian.... :aaarggh:

i think he should just stick to posting cute picture of him and jessa

i don't need to know the "views " of an 19 year old who went on one mission....(i just look at his pictures)

Yes, I've heard that Catholics believe in God and Jesus and even read the Bible and pray! :music-tool:

edited because I totally fucked up the first time...

Pretty sure voodoo is not at all a significant presence in Honduras, if it's practiced at all. Stupid fucking fundies.

I think the issue with Catholicism is that they're seen as idol worshipers because of the saints and Mary. And while Catholics are definitely Christian, there's a bit of a semantics game there. Catholics--at least Latin American Catholics, don't generally refer to themselves as Christian when asked what's their religion, because "Christian" has been co-opted by "los convertidos"-the converted-those annoying weirdos who don't dance or drink, and wear long ugly floral skirts and walk around with Bibles and wake you up by knocking on your door at 8 am on a Saturday and are generally unpleasant because the traditions that are a huge part of our culture are totally sinful and they will lecture you to death about it.

I dunno. A broken courtship/engagement mystery could be just as good for ratings as a wedding. Surely JB isn't that exploitative of his children...

Ben has attempted to clarify his position on Catholics.

From his public facebook page:

I have nothing against individuals who are Catholic. I know a lot of Catholics who are great people. What I DO have a problem with is the teaching that man can merit God's favor through his own works or the works of other fallen men. Ephesians 2:8-9 is very clear "For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast."

I DO have a problem with the teaching that man can come to God through Mary or any other person besides Jesus. John 14:6:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

I DO have a problem with the deification of Mary as a sinless being. Mary herself admitted her need for a Savior. (Luke 1:47). If she had no sin, she would need no Savior.

My conscience is captive to the word of God. Where my Catholic friends adhere to God's Word, I adhere. Where they depart from Scripture, I will in no way support, but will call them out because I love them and desire that they be turned from their deadly errors.

Lots of angry comments from his Catholic fans.

BennyBoy has quite the little Facebook flame war going on now. Be interesting to see if he starts deleting the comments in response to his.

My conscience is captive to the word of God. Where my Catholic friends adhere to God's Word, I adhere. Where they depart from Scripture, I will in no way support, but will call them out because I love them and desire that they be turned from their deadly errors.

Jessa may end up marrying someone even more smug, arrogant, and ignorant than her dumb ass oldest brother.

Poor twit is too ignorant to yet know it was those nasty Catholics (and Orthodox) who codified his precious Bible.

BennyBoy has quite the little Facebook flame war going on now. Be interesting to see if he starts deleting the comments in response to his.

Jessa may end up marrying someone even more smug, arrogant, and ignorant than her dumb ass oldest brother.

Word of Gothard =/= Word of God, silly BennyBoy. But ugh, I can't stand when people are all, "You don't believe what I believe, you shall burn in hell."

Yes, but it seems they define it as 'instant obedience'. That word does not mean what they think it means. To define it correctly for them "Self-control is the ability to control one's emotions, behavior, and desires in the face of external demands in order to function in society." They do not teach their children self control. Instead, they teach obedience, or submission to authority.

The whole "instant obedience" and "training" children makes me want to get one of the Duggarlings to do tricks and give them treats as a reward. "Sit! Roll over! Do a back flip!"

Pretty sure voodoo is not at all a significant presence in Honduras, if it's practiced at all. Stupid fucking fundies.

I think the issue with Catholicism is that they're seen as idol worshipers because of the saints and Mary. And while Catholics are definitely Christian, there's a bit of a semantics game there. Catholics--at least Latin American Catholics, don't generally refer to themselves as Christian when asked what's their religion, because "Christian" has been co-opted by "los convertidos"-the converted-those annoying weirdos who don't dance or drink, and wear long ugly floral skirts and walk around with Bibles and wake you up by knocking on your door at 8 am on a Saturday and are generally unpleasant because the traditions that are a huge part of our culture are totally sinful and they will lecture you to death about it.

Hysterical! You are so right!

Pics are up of DFB with Ben in a rag around his head; stupid. He needs to go!

This is in the South where it's hot as hell. A lot of men wear dew rags on their heads. Just sayin'.

This is in the South where it's hot as hell. A lot of men wear dew rags on their heads. Just sayin'.

I think that pic was from his Ecuador mission with the Duggars and I have never seen a pic of him with a rag on his head when he was in AK. He's a wan-a-be on every elevel

Archived