IGNORED

Jessa Duggar's Courtship - Part 3

happy atheist

I wonder if Ben Bob was helping to complete a volunteer construction project, although I'm not sure I really believe that since he was wearing proper safety equipment like a helmet. A lot of volunteer construction projects seem to involve fundies wearing a lack of it, like no goggles, or flip-flops instead of closed-toe shoes, etc.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get me wrong I certainly don't hate Ben of anyone for that matter. I would just think it's very sad if he quit college to move near the Duggars!!!

Ben is seriously religious, it sadly doesn't surprise me that he would devote his life to a fundie lifestyle that doesn't embrace secular learning.

The whole "moving to another state for your girlfriend to do nothing" thing just seems like the kind of thing you want to do when you're 14 and in love for the first time, but you can't because you're 14, except they're kept from experiencing this kind of mutual and public infatuation until they're 18+ and taking your first relationship too seriously is something everyone around you encourages you to do.

Ben is seriously religious, it sadly doesn't surprise me that he would devote his life to a fundie lifestyle that doesn't embrace secular learning.

Is he "seriously" religious or is it a game? I just get a very suspicious vibe from Ben.

Is he "seriously" religious or is it a game? I just get a very suspicious vibe from Ben.

I think he is doing whatever it takes to get Jessa. We don't know how much ass he has had to kiss to make it this far. You know if he is in future episodes, that will be a few paychecks from TLC for a while. This whole relationship has probably given him a BIG head. He's calling her "baby" now. Well that sounds better than calling her darling. Just weird hearing a teenager call his girlfriend, darling.

Something about the whole relationship seems off to me.Just not the same 'head over heels in love' type thing I get from Derick and Jill.

Something about the whole relationship seems off to me.Just not the same 'head over heels in love' type thing I get from Derick and Jill.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jessa maybe would want to break things off if she decided he waasn't for her... I don't think Boob would let her, nor do I think Ben would initiate it..

Cause Jessa isn't Jill. She doesn't have emotions like that. She's not the exuberant type.

Cause Jessa isn't Jill. She doesn't have emotions like that. She's not the exuberant type.

Yeah, exactly. Plus, Jill and Derrick's head over heels deal just makes me think they're extremely immature and that they're going to crash and burn. Marrying someone when still on the young love rush is generally a bad idea.

Did the Bates ever air anything about Zach and Sarah? I know they stopped making their show around the time of that breakup.

Zach's asking Sarah to court was shown on the special that Juju Chang did on the Bateses. I think it aired before the United Bates of America aired. The whole thing was probably one of the most awkward things I've ever seen on television. Poor guy was so nervous that he was mopping his face with what looked like a hand towel.

I think he is doing whatever it takes to get Jessa. We don't know how much ass he has had to kiss to make it this far. You know if he is in future episodes, that will be a few paychecks from TLC for a while. This whole relationship has probably given him a BIG head. He's calling her "baby" now. Well that sounds better than calling her darling. Just weird hearing a teenager call his girlfriend, darling.

I don't like Ben (and to people wondering why some of us don't like him, check out his Facebook page and look into the group Abolish Human Abortion - OR DON'T because it's horrifying! They are basically domestic terrorists) but, and maybe I'm old fashioned, him calling her darling is actually very sweet. Calling her "baby" is extremely patronizing. She's older than him FFS! "Darling" may be a bit old fashioned but it's a way nicer pet name. I had a former FB who used to call me that and I loved it, though I was also older than him, by a much bigger gap than Ben/Jessa, so if he had ever referred to me as "baby" he would have been throat punched (not literally - I am non violent). But I would be hella annoyed :evil:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jessa maybe would want to break things off if she decided he waasn't for her... I don't think Boob would let her, nor do I think Ben would initiate it..

Ben certainly would not break it off with Jessa. This is the greatest thing that has ever happened to this boy! She's beautiful, older than him (maybe a big "score" in a boy's mind!) and a celebrity of sorts! JimBob, on the other hand, could turn a breakup into a Godly/fundie learning moment and additional episodes!

I'm not sure JB would want to admit a fail though? ok I guess for fodder for the show= a tlc paycheck.

Fundie women do have the right to end a courtship,one of the few rights they do have.

Daily selfie: a pic of them really close together sharing one milkshake with 2 straws.

How is that allowed yet hand holding isnt? Like..they're practically sharing saliva if one backwashes their milkshake :roll:

New pic: holding up passports. Ben and Jessa are on their way to Central America for a 12 day, 3 country mission trip.

Also worth noting: the seewald children are still allowed to wear shorts and pants (girls too!) and even Jes Seewald still wears jeans.

Per Ben's Twitter, he and Jessa are going on a missionary trip with a 'team'. Team of chaperones? I can't imagine JB is letting them go without other Duggars to prevent front hugs, shared (straw) suckings, and 32 second selfie face presses.

All the duggars are going it seems.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

And all the Duggars are going, including adopted-by-courtship son J-Ben.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

And all the Duggars are going, including adopted-by-courtship son J-Ben.

Good thing he quit his job! I guess "providing" for Jessa has been placed on the back burner.

Daily selfie: a pic of them really close together sharing one milkshake with 2 straws.

How is that allowed yet hand holding isnt? Like..they're practically sharing saliva if one backwashes their milkshake :roll:

Wouldn't that technically be considered kissing, as it's exchanging saliva? And considering that the Duggar camp likely has people who read here and report back to Jim Bob (I would be surprised to see one of the girls wear nail polish with one nail different after our thread on flagging, for instance), I'd like to say: muahahaha!!!! Benessa, I just ruined all of your Steak 'n Shake trips until marriage. :lol:

as long as their lips don't touch...

I don't see why they can't kiss on the cheek,or like when Ben comes to see Jessa,he could kiss her on the head or something.These things are just so silly,and it shows how tight fundies are wound.Side hugs only...that's not vry affectionate.

I was reading that one of the ways humans find a good,reproductive mate is by things like smell (but fundies can't get too close),and kissing also builds up the immune system in both.So they need to be able to be close before marriage in some ways.Side hugs don't provide this.

By smell I don't mean finding out if one stinks or not,LOL,I mean I read humans literally rely on sense of smell,subconciously,when chosing a mate.It somehow helps to determine if their dna is going to be compatible or not.

Archived