b8d09a38651811e3a1950ac36a851dff_8.jpg

Those are the parents.

Brother posted: Shes gone:( sis and zack bates are off to the beach

public source: web.stagram.com/p/611062309059101804_479191600

aww.

image_zpsc0b73e07.jpg

What's with the colour coordination??? :ew:

Do I see a low neckline on Whit's dress? :o

Don't know, but it is form fitting and flares out at bottom. Thumbs up. I can understand why the Duggars would not film this wedding. It is completely different from their ideas.

Don't know, but it is form fitting and flares out at bottom. Thumbs up. I can understand why the Duggars would not film this wedding. It is completely different from their ideas.

it does look like it has a neckline.very non-fundie imo.good for her/them :) it's not like erin's dress at all,where it had a modest bustline,but that was covered again anyway.

Another fundie wedding where the hair, make up, and dress are all pretty nice! Especially her eye makeup-- lovely. (Though, to nit pick, the bolero seems to be a different shade than the dress. Though that could be the lighting.)

Take note Seppis! Take note. :penguin-no:

Agreed that starting to wear skirts is telling but whether she will tow the family line or is just going along for awhile, only time will tell. No doubt Gil and Kelly will expect her to but whether Zach's going to go along with that once he's out of the house, once again only time will tell. He may turn the idea of "headship" around on Gil and tell him to butt out.

My guess that Zach's going to go more fundie lite or conservative Christian is based on a couple of things. He's the oldest in the family and will remember life with a lesser no. of siblings, the small house was less crowded, similar to Josh Duggar. He's worked outside the family businesses, he's traveled, even the experience of holding public office is something he's doing himself. In short, he's done things on his own as much as could probably be allowed with his family's fundie lifestyle.

He has a history of liking less fundie girls who have something going for themselves. Sarah Reith had strong musical talents and a career with the family band. Whit's going to school in a medical billing program and working at Sonic. Neither of them were/are fundie SAHD's sitting around for Prince Charming. Whit was reported as pursuing Zach and he turned around and caught her. That says something about him. He's attracted to more independent minded, more confident young women.

It may take a couple of years for Zach to make any real moves towards a less fundie life. In addition to getting married, he's going to be living under his own roof for the first time ever and it may take time for him to decide what's going to work for Zach (and Whit) and not what his parents raised him to want. Something that he may have done already before marriage if he weren't fundie. So if it doesn't happen right away I for one won't despair but if he goes less fundie immediately, I won't be surprised at all.

well-said.

Plus Zach met her on hs own,it doesn't appear to have been a typical fundie courtship.they've obviously talked alone,and I do hope they didn't have to account to their parents as far as emails,phone calls,texts were concerned.(I'm not counting on it once the bates found out abt whitney,just sayin).she appears quite comfortable marrying Zach,and that must be quite a prospect,given they have 19 kids and are ultra conservative.I suspect Zach has calmed any fears she may have over being treated like a potential broodmare,iow-it ain't gonna happen.jmo and just a hunch.

I hope they don't live very close to the bates.that alone will help to establish some independence,and to live how they want to live,instead of living for their parents.mainly,the bates.it sounds like whit's family is more mainstream.

yes it may take some time to work into what they want.these are 2 ppl who have never lived on their own,and so they probably don't even really know themselves.i know it took me a while to decide what I really wanted and how I wanted to live,and my family is just modern conservative,not fundie.the first thing I did was drop being a republican and trade it for what I knew was true in my own heart,and that was being a democrat.it can take some time and courage to go up against what family thinks you should be doing,vs finding out who you really are and what you really want.i hope they go for it. :)

Oh here we go!

Those are the parents.

aww.

She and her dress are lovely. Congratulations to the happy couple!

The dress is beautiful...but a wee bit low cut for the Bates/Duggar types. I wonder if they had music at the reception?

it does look like it has a neckline.very non-fundie imo.good for her/them :) it's not like erin's dress at all,where it had a modest bustline,but that was covered again anyway.

Chads hand looks like its on Erin's boob. *lol*

Oh here we go!

Those are the parents.

aww.

Love the dress!

I don't know if they will go fundi-lite or just straight up normal, but I do think that it will be very, very hard for them to do so. First there is Zach's background where his dad is high up in ATI and he has been raised to believe that even after marriage he is still under the authority of Gil. If Whitney is a new convert, well the zeal of new converts can be quite overwhelming. I think it all being public makes it harder for them to leave. They can't just quietly slink off, do their own thing and leave his upbringing, they have a fan base who will want to see pictures/updates and will question if none arrive or if they arrive and it is obvious they aren't toeing the fundie line. It will be a public disagreement with his parents, not a private one. It would be hard to publically go against his parents and Gothard.

I hope that if Zach is interested he finds one of the many support groups for former ATI students and realizes that the way he was raised is not normal or healthy and that it is okay to walk away from it all.

I would love to be the fly on the wall when she walked down the aisle with a slightly form fitting dressing. Did someone have to say nike or did the men behave themselves?

I don't know if they will go fundi-lite or just straight up normal, but I do think that it will be very, very hard for them to do so. First there is Zach's background where his dad is high up in ATI and he has been raised to believe that even after marriage he is still under the authority of Gil. If Whitney is a new convert, well the zeal of new converts can be quite overwhelming. I think it all being public makes it harder for them to leave. They can't just quietly slink off, do their own thing and leave his upbringing, they have a fan base who will want to see pictures/updates and will question if none arrive or if they arrive and it is obvious they aren't toeing the fundie line. It will be a public disagreement with his parents, not a private one. It would be hard to publically go against his parents and Gothard.

I hope that if Zach is interested he finds one of the many support groups for former ATI students and realizes that the way he was raised is not normal or healthy and that it is okay to walk away from it all.

Agree that given Gil's position in ATI it will be hard. I am guessing it will depend on how much Zach has had enough that he is willing to go against the grain. It's possible that between support from Whit and possibly her family, he can see that a family can be good and for lack of a better term, godly, and still be more mainstream. IIRC, her father is a pastor so that could be a possible support system for him. Zach is part of another family now.

Looking at the wedding pictures, I suspect that Whit is not totally fundie, at least not yet. That is a strapless dress with a shrug and very form fitting. Good for her.

I live about 30 minutes from the Bates' and I know when I got married we did an engagement announcement in our paper, but not a marriage one. I do remember that it was quite expensive for my small town's newspaper.

well-said.

Plus Zach met her on hs own,it doesn't appear to have been a typical fundie courtship.they've obviously talked alone,and I do hope they didn't have to account to their parents as far as emails,phone calls,texts were concerned.(I'm not counting on it once the bates found out abt whitney,just sayin).she appears quite comfortable marrying Zach,and that must be quite a prospect,given they have 19 kids and are ultra conservative.I suspect Zach has calmed any fears she may have over being treated like a potential broodmare,iow-it ain't gonna happen.jmo and just a hunch.

I hope they don't live very close to the bates.that alone will help to establish some independence,and to live how they want to live,instead of living for their parents.mainly,the bates.it sounds like whit's family is more mainstream.

yes it may take some time to work into what they want.these are 2 ppl who have never lived on their own,and so they probably don't even really know themselves.i know it took me a while to decide what I really wanted and how I wanted to live,and my family is just modern conservative,not fundie.the first thing I did was drop being a republican and trade it for what I knew was true in my own heart,and that was being a democrat.it can take some time and courage to go up against what family thinks you should be doing,vs finding out who you really are and what you really want.i hope they go for it. :)

Thanks for the good words.

I know that once I left my parent's house, it took some time for me to figure out how I wanted to live. However, one of the very first things I did was leave church membership and have not been back since. At the time, I was overloaded on religion and needed to get away from it for awhile but after some time I decided it didn't fit me at all. My parents have not been happy with that but they have learned to live with it as opposed to making a big deal of it and possibly not have a relationship with me. Maybe Gil and Kelly will have to decide that too with Zach, if he decides to ditch being fundie. Kelly has said she will love her kids if they decide to live differently (or something like that) but she hasn't been tested on that yet.

I would love to be the fly on the wall when she walked down the aisle with a slightly form fitting dressing. Did someone have to say nike or did the men behave themselves?

Now what I'm wondering is how Zach will react to her taking off the shrug. Bare arms, bare shoulders, and a relatively low neckline will be pretty exciting to man who has maybe at most caught a glimpse of his sisters' knees.

Archived