IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

Yes, I've had jellybeans and have hard time imagining something much sweeter :D

:lol: Yeah, they are really sweet, and some of them do taste kind of marshmallowey. But I agree about getting the good ones, like Brach's, because the cheap ones have an aftertaste like Aspartame. Yecch!

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh, I was waiting for you to turn up here, ILoveJellybeans. ;)

:lol: Yeah, they are really sweet, and some of them do taste kind of marshmallowey. But I agree about getting the good ones, like Brach's, because the cheap ones have an aftertaste like Aspartame. Yecch!

Ooh the thought of all that sugar is setting my teeth on edge.

Thank you for explaining what they are like.

Lewis Black does a great bit about candy corn. I have never liked it. My kids treat it like crack. My husband shares Lewis's views. lol

I think that renaming the town after that song is a bad idea, but that might have something to do with having had to hear that song played over and over again while watching my college football team play UT's.

Mmmmm....Brach's candy corn. Only necessary once or twice a year and I'm satisfied.

I only knew of one town in the area I grew up in that changed it's name recently. It was near a rich town that I will call Fancytown. The other town decided that its name was too long and didn't sound good, so they renamed themselves "Port Fancytown." (It joined the already existing North Fancytown, South Fancytown, Lake Fancytown, and Fancytown Hills. Good luck getting them all straight.)

zachandwhitney.com, (don't know if it was already mentioned), I've checked it several times for the last weeks but it never got updated... so yeah, kind of boring

zachandwhitney.com, (don't know if it was already mentioned), I've checked it several times for the last weeks but it never got updated... so yeah, kind of boring

Gasp! THAT'S the name of their website? Not ZachLOVESwhitney??? HE DOESN'T LOVE HER :music-tool:

Just checked the Bateses' blog and nothing up about Zach and Whitney. In one comment, Kelly (paraphrasing here) says the planning and prep is on and the count down is on.

I know it's not being televised and this is a son's wedding but still it seems very quiet!

I can see Zach not wanting to have any hype ver his wedding. The uber-fans would annoy him, as would the snarkers. Hopefully all goes well, they get hitched and start making decisions for themselves. I would like Kelly to post some pictures and I'm sure she will. I hope they go towards fundy-lite to mainstream Christian.

I can see Zach not wanting to have any hype ver his wedding. The uber-fans would annoy him, as would the snarkers. Hopefully all goes well, they get hitched and start making decisions for themselves. I would like Kelly to post some pictures and I'm sure she will. I hope they go towards fundy-lite to mainstream Christian.

I have a feeling they will.Somehow I think they're just playing this out to please their parents at this point.Mainly the Bates.

I don't get the feeling Whitney is all that fundie.After all,she had to be 'convicted' to wear skirts.And if she doesn't want a baby every year,I think Zach will move to protect her from that.Or even to wear skirts all the time!

If it's true that Zach stood up to Gil when he said he was coming for dinner,then I think he is going to man up and make sure both he and Whitney are happy,even if it means going against the fundie version of marriage.

Only my opinion though.

If it's true that Zach stood up to Gil when he said he was coming for dinner

I must have missed this - what happened there?

I have a feeling they will.Somehow I think they're just playing this out to please their parents at this point.Mainly the Bates.

I don't get the feeling Whitney is all that fundie.After all,she had to be 'convicted' to wear skirts.And if she doesn't want a baby every year,I think Zach will move to protect her from that.Or even to wear skirts all the time!

If it's true that Zach stood up to Gil when he said he was coming for dinner,then I think he is going to man up and make sure both he and Whitney are happy,even if it means going against the fundie version of marriage.

Only my opinion though.

My take: I suspect Zach learned the hard way about following Mom and Dad's edicts about living the fundie life when his first courtship went kaput. Due to inexperience, he didn't know better and being he was the first of the kids to have a courtship, he was stuck following the ATI blueprint that Mom and Dad, despite having dated themselves, decided that has what their kids were going to follow. It obviously didn't work and I suspect he was very hurt and perhaps blamed his parents. There was probably more at stake for him than just the prospect of getting married, but also the prospect of finally being allowed to live his own life.

At this point, he knows he and Whitney have to play along in order to get out of the house and win his/their freedom. But once out, I suspect he's going to put his foot down and as the headship of his own home, he can.

This is what gets me about fundies. Their own adult children can't be allowed to live their own lives until marriage and until then, parents have full control over their lives and whether or not they can get married. These people are legal adults, they can tell their parents to go jump but due to upbringing, downright brainwashing and limited education and work options, these adult children are prisoners in their own homes, whether they know it or not. I suspect Zach has figured things out though it's less than a week to freedom.

I must have missed this - what happened there?

If memory serves, Gil asked him from the pulpit if he was going to feed them all dinner at his house after him feeding him dinner for all those years, and he told him to bring his own food.

I agree that Zach seems to be trying to maintain a relationship with his parents by playing along until he marries and moves out. From seeing Gil's parents on the show, I think they'd make great people to help Zach achieve independence from fundiedom. Grandma doesn't seem like she agrees with ATI at all.

If memory serves, Gil asked him from the pulpit if he was going to feed them all dinner at his house after him feeding him dinner for all those years, and he told him to bring his own food.

Yeah, nothing like publically making your own kid feel like he has to pay you back for all those years of doing what you are supposed to be doing as parent.

Yeah, nothing like publically making your own kid feel like he has to pay you back for all those years of doing what you are supposed to be doing as parent.

I like to think it was only slightly made in jest...

Archived