IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

More pictures have been added on Zach and Whit's blog!

I thought the writing on the bottom of her shoes was pretty cute. Two of my friends got married last July and they did a similar thing except they wrote letters and the bridesmaid and groomsmen exchanged the letters for them to read. The only problem I have with the note is Zach kept saying "your" when it should have been "you're" and the word "helpmeet" made me cringe. Don't get me wrong, the note in general was sweet up until the word "helpmeet". He might as well should have said "submissive wife" because that's what I think of when I hear the word "helpmeet". blah.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Whit changed her shoes for the photos. I wonder which ones she chose to get married in? I too like the idea of writing on the bottom of each other's shoes. How cute of a memory is that?!?!? And agree that the word "helpmeet" took the wind right out of my sails. I do wish he'd had someone proof read for grammatical errors. 50 years from now his kids will be snickering about this. They will be if they are taught proper grammar that is... I am a bit of a hypocrite though, I was never taught proper grammar either. I'm working on it, hope they are as well.

post-4896-14451998596513_thumb.jpeg

post-4896-14451998596787_thumb.jpg

The note on the shoes idea is cute, but Zach's note looks like it was written by a middle school student. Like I said, cute . . . . . until I got to the word "helpmeet."

What's the deal with Zach signing, "your baby boy"? Hubby and I had our lovey-dovey moments, but I've never wanted him to be a baby. Just seems kinda immature, you know?

Their blog has so many exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are rendered meaningless when used after every single sentence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe they learned how to punctuate from Rebecca!!!!!!!! Or the period button on their keyboard is broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh.

What's the deal with Zach signing, "your baby boy"? Hubby and I had our lovey-dovey moments, but I've never wanted him to be a baby. Just seems kinda immature, you know?

Ah, I don't know. Hubby calls me 'baby' all the time and I call him 'babe'. Our kids are always shocked when we use each other's real names, b/c they think something must be wrong, we never use our real names with one another. Now I do use his name when saying "Hubby is going to work." He always says 'My wife' or 'my bride' when referring to me to others.

(16 years and counting ;) and we're still honeymooners! ;))

Anyway, I think it's fairly obvious that Zach and Whitney are very in love and very 'into' each other. I think they're cute. Reminds me of us 16 years ago. (and we were young too--only 18 and 19)

Ah, I don't know. Hubby calls me 'baby' all the time and I call him 'babe'. Our kids are always shocked when we use each other's real names, b/c they think something must be wrong, we never use our real names with one another. Now I do use his name when saying "Hubby is going to work." He always says 'My wife' or 'my bride' when referring to me to others.

(16 years and counting ;) and we're still honeymooners! ;))

Anyway, I think it's fairly obvious that Zach and Whitney are very in love and very 'into' each other. I think they're cute. Reminds me of us 16 years ago. (and we were young too--only 18 and 19)

I agree that I think it's just a lovey expression -- but while "babe" and "baby" are both common and sweet (I think), "baby boy" is a little bit odder, and in a family that is so focused on babies it seems odder yet. To me.

Eh, I don't know, people come up with weird and goofy nicknames for each other that baffle outsiders, so I can look past that. The grammar is unfortunate, as is 'helpmeet' - but to be honest I think helpmeet bothers me less because of the connotations and more because it's a made up word, and yet another example of supposed Biblical literalists being full of it.

I agree that I think it's just a lovey expression -- but while "babe" and "baby" are both common and sweet (I think), "baby boy" is a little bit odder, and in a family that is so focused on babies it seems odder yet. To me.

me,too.It's like he thinks of her as replacing his mom,as if she is a mother to him,too.

Wow, I was not impressed with that letter! The thought was sweet but the "helpmeet" and the yours really turned me off. It's clear they are in live but I hope he can mature a little bit.

I must say, I like the pictures Chad took much more than Elizabeth Zellon's. Way more natural and colorful. I don't like this forced posing of people who are naturally less "posing" in pictures.

Might've worked for Erin and Chad, didn't work so much for Z and W.

I supposed that Elizabeth Zellon's are those that are also featured on her blog. With Chad and Erin it was the same. The other pictures were taken by some other person. It was just an assumption and maybe I am giving her not enough credit but I think she has done better before.

I was on pinterest yesterday and just looking at what was "popular" right now and there was a wedding shot just like the one of Whit and Zack when he had her pinned up against the back of that rock wall and the picture was taken from above. I guess that is the new picture to capture now.

I was on pinterest yesterday and just looking at what was "popular" right now and there was a wedding shot just like the one of Whit and Zack when he had her pinned up against the back of that rock wall and the picture was taken from above. I guess that is the new picture to capture now.

I've noticed that a lot of people have been getting "Pinterest" ideas for their weddings. The praying before the ceremony where the groom is blindfolded and a door separates them (Erin and Chad), or a sign put up at the ceremony that reads to not pick a side but rather pick a seat instead. A lot of Erin and Chad's wedding, as well as Zach and Whit's wedding, ideas definitely came from Pinterest. I have a friend on Pinterest who just constantly posts wedding and engagement pictures ideas so it's not hard to tell what came from Pinterest and what did not.

I will say that I am so glad that both couples did not take railroad pictures. I CANNOT stand railroad pictures and will never understand it when couples choose to take pictures there.

Ick. Right up there with referring to each other as mommy and daddy

Have to agree! Does anyone know how many siblings she has.

I think there are seven still living at home and two older sisters (her adopted parents bio kids) who are much older.

I call my cat "baby boy" sometimes when he's being cuddly. Does that count?

Depends. Does he look like Zach? :wink-kitty:

Oh, he's much cuter than Zach, and much shinier hair! He's not a very good provider though, unless toy mice count.

On a related topic, since all the Bates teen girls (and I think the Duggar girls as well?) wear them --what does a fundy Princess do with one's purity ring once the purity is ahem, busted? Is there a ceremonial removal of the ring? Do you wear it during the marriage ceremony? After you remove it do you chuck it in a keepsake box? Can you keep wearing it as a "regular" ring just for decoration? Pass it on to a younger sister?

I need a Fundy Miss Manners to answer these questions for me!

Archived