IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If memory serves, Gil asked him from the pulpit if he was going to feed them all dinner at his house after him feeding him dinner for all those years, and he told him to bring his own food.

That sounds like they were joking around, not some actually meaningful exchange. Were his arms crossed when he said it? :lol:

That sounds like they were joking around, not some actually meaningful exchange. Were his arms crossed when he said it? :lol:

It very well may have been joking around, but considering Gil's fine history of grifting, maybe Zach's decided he's not going to play along with that.

I get a distinct feeling that Zach's done with his family's bullshit.

It very well may have been joking around, but considering Gil's fine history of grifting, maybe Zach's decided he's not going to play along with that.

That's what I think,too!

Yes they may have been joking,but I still have to hand it to Zach for saying something back.I just get the overall feeling he's done with the ati version of life.

I do think he and Whitney have been able to talk alone,maybe even meet alone,seeing as he met her at her job.I suspect that made Kelly and Gil nervous,and thus the 'wearing of the skirts' made it into their lives,if nothing else,for the sake of appearance.

I am going to guess (hope) that Whitney does not wear a Wholesome Wear Bathing Costume on their honeymoon in Kauai. I bet Zach finds some swim trunks rather than jeans, too.

I am going to guess (hope) that Whitney does not wear a Wholesome Wear Bathing Costume on their honeymoon in Kauai. I bet Zach finds some swim trunks rather than jeans, too.

she appears more stylish than that,so I hope not.

Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere. Has anyone seen the Bates blog Dec. 2 post with pics of Erin's wedding prep? The wedding topper on the Oreo/peanut butter (?) cake says, "Happy Birthday Mr. Gothard." Eww, really? Celebrating him on or your wedding food? Just weird and tacky.

TLC really manages to make the Duggars and Bates palatable to the general public while keeping all these little details out of the TV show. I'm surprised Jim Bob doesn't think his own show is too secular, but I guess it's the most lucrative way to pay for all those kids.

Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere. Has anyone seen the Bates blog Dec. 2 post with pics of Erin's wedding prep? The wedding topper on the Oreo/peanut butter (?) cake says, "Happy Birthday Mr. Gothard." Eww, really? Celebrating him on or your wedding food? Just weird and tacky.

TLC really manages to make the Duggars and Bates palatable to the general public while keeping all these little details out of the TV show. I'm surprised Jim Bob doesn't think his own show is too secular, but I guess it's the most lucrative way to pay for all those kids.

That was the special cake they gave him to celebrate his birthday. It was discussed in depth in the Erin and Chad thread. They actually took time out of their wedding to make a big deal about Gothard and how wonderful his bday is.

The jeans in the water thing to be more modest always makes me laugh. I find swim trunks MUCH more modest than jeans. Wet jeans get super clingy and tight because they aren't meant to be worn wet! Swim trunks, yes they show your calves, but all the sexy bits are obscured just fine.

The jeans in the water thing to be more modest always makes me laugh. I find swim trunks MUCH more modest than jeans. Wet jeans get super clingy and tight because they aren't meant to be worn wet! Swim trunks, yes they show your calves, but all the sexy bits are obscured just fine.

Unless you're wearing a Speedo. :D

:o Photos of Zach in a Speedo would be the biggest FU to his parents!

And Whitney in a bikini.

Personally I hope they wear normal swimwear but when it comes to sharing their pics with Mom and Dad (who will want to know if their married adult son and his wife were still modest on their honeymoon) they should share of a picture of them in the same type of modest clothes as Kelly and Gil did on their visit to Hawaii. Gil was wearing dockers and regular shoes on the beach, IIRC.

I hope that they keep it all private. The fundie life is fucked up enough without the reality tv part thrown in. Zach seems like a more private person and he has already suffered the humiliation of his parents having his failed courtship displayed to the world. I hope that they go off and live the life that they both want and are happy with and that the Bates are not able to make anymore money off Zach.

What's the weather suppose to be like for the wedding? It's been so nasty in so many parts of the country lately. I wonder if any of the guests won't be able to come because of bad weather.

Let's not forget that Zach, being the oldest, spent much of his childhood in the "pre-Duggar-Expansion" house and that thing looked SMALL, even for a small family, much less their HUGE one. I think it will make him think twice about having that many kids. His parents can romanticize all they want about living in a small house, but they also had their own bedroom... Mom and Dad weren't sharing with 8 other people.

I suspect Zach was fine with the entire fundie family program until his bubble burst with the failed courtship. He could no longer assume that things would turn out well as long as he obeyed the rules. Gil and Kelly must be praying that he won't stray too far and that, if he does, the other kids won't follow. I don't think he'll stop being fundie, but he certainly did enough thinking for himself to get him to Sonic (presumably without an accountability partner) and Whitney. Good for him - I wish them all the best.

either they really weren't asked,or they aren't going to sell out for that tlc paycheck.good for them,I say. :)

I also get the feeling he's done w the family BS as far as all things ati are concerned.I'm glad to see he seems to be manning up.I suspect he and Whitney will only have as many kids as they really want.And I hope she wears pants,works and lives whatever way she/they want.

That said,Zach seems very comfortable w Whitney and I do think they've had private conversations...maybe even private time alone,to decide how they want to live their lives.

December 14th is their big day. Not a single blog post. Interesting. Hope he and Whitney have a good life.

me,too.he seems to have really matured with Whitney,vs the failed courtship w sarah.I think she's been god for him. :)

I suspect Kelly is going to be struggling to keep up the fundie image as far as Zach and whitney are concerned.I suspect we may not see many updates on them due to that.just a hunch.

I doubt it,too.I haven't heard.that may be one reason it isn't being filmed for tv (?)

and I meant to say Whitney has been good for him,not god.LOL

me,too.he seems to have really matured with Whitney,vs the failed courtship w sarah.I think she's been god for him. :)

I suspect Kelly is going to be struggling to keep up the fundie image as far as Zach and whitney are concerned.I suspect we may not see many updates on them due to that.just a hunch.

I suspect Kelly is already struggling. While I don't follow the Bates blog that much, it seems Kelly is posting very little considering this is her oldest son getting married. Yes, Zach's engagement overlapped Erin's, but still it seems interesting. Maybe it's according to Zach's wishes, and if so, good for him but still this is the mother of the groom here.

I am personally glad for Zach and Whit that the wedding won't be fodder for TLC simply because they deserve to have their happy day private.

I don't find it that odd that there hasn't been a post about the upcoming wedding. A quick look back through their blog and you'll see that after the Erin engagement posts the next post about her was the one about Mr. and Mrs. Paine. Kelly seems happy to answer questions about them in the comments of the other blog posts and I'm expecting we will see something similar to what she did for Erin and Chad in a few weeks.

Archived