IGNORED

Bates Wedding Part 2: Zach N Whitney

HereticHick

Kelly just posted in the comments under Aly's courtship that Zach wants to go to Hawaii for their honeymoon. He's still checking prices. (Sidebar- guess Chad & Erin's collection plate was successful, he must think he'll do as well)

It's funny that Zach wants to go to Hawaii for their honeymoon because, before I found out Chad and Erin went to Ireland, I wondered where a fundy goes for a honeymoon without being defrauded and the trip is still cheap. I think Zach wanting to go to Hawaii leads more credence to his going fundy lite if not just regular conservative. Hawaii is very family friendly but there are so many people in shorts and bikinis that I could see fundies staying away. If he wants to go to Hawaii he obviously doesn't care. I hope Zach and Whitney do go to Hawaii, not only because its a beautiful relaxing spot, but because it is somewhere fundies would not be comfortable and a place they are unlikely to go. Plus, there are so many people honeymooning there that it would be great for them to met non-fundy newlyweds.

Who wants to bet that Whitney wears a real bathing suit or at least board shorts and a tankini?

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny that Zach wants to go to Hawaii for their honeymoon because, before I found out Chad and Erin went to Ireland, I wondered where a fundy goes for a honeymoon without being defrauded and the trip is still cheap. I think Zach wanting to go to Hawaii leads more credence to his going fundy lite if not just regular conservative. Hawaii is very family friendly but there are so many people in shorts and bikinis that I could see fundies staying away. If he wants to go to Hawaii he obviously doesn't care. I hope Zach and Whitney do go to Hawaii, not only because its a beautiful relaxing spot, but because it is somewhere fundies would not be comfortable and a place they are unlikely to go. Plus, there are so many people honeymooning there that it would be great for them to met non-fundy newlyweds.

Who wants to bet that Whitney wears a real bathing suit or at least board shorts and a tankini?

Eh, I don't think the choice of Hawaii says anything. Gil and Kelly went to Hawaii last year as an anniversary trip.

moocher :evil-eye:

And these are the same people who frown upon and want to do away with public assistance programs. The Bates family can kiss my ass. They are no better than the Duggars.

And he's hoping that's enough distance between him and family that she'll be free to wear real swimwear without being looked down on.

So what would fundies do in Hawaii?

Not try authentic food... or learn about other culutures.. or swim... or believe that the volcanoes have been there for eons...

Not try authentic food... or learn about other culutures.. or swim... or believe that the volcanoes have been there for eons...

They look around and say, "well isn't it a blessing that Jesus allowed us to see the glory of God's creation which is no more than 6000 years old?" Then they go to the beach in a swim dress, and have a nice dinner out from the Wendy's dollar menu.

My money is on this...but I don't think we will ever know. Something tells me they won't want this advertised/judged/applauded so any pics released will not include swimwear.

I wouldn't worry about fundies not getting the authentic food/culture in Hawaii - traditional Hawaiian food is very fatty and Southern-friendly with lots of fried chicken, macaroni salad, white rice, spam (LOTS), and the traditional pork that would remind them of pulled barbecue pork. It's a very American place and you could avoid eating anything "exotic". In Waikiki, hula is everywhere so without going to a luau you get exposed to the traditional culture.

I went to Hawaii on my honeymoon (island hopped Waikiki/Oahu -> Maui -> Kona/Big Island) and I think it'd be a great place for them, I could see Whitney throwing off the ugly denim skirt and frolicking down the beach in a nice modest tankini.

Kelly just posted in the comments under Aly's courtship that Zach wants to go to Hawaii for their honeymoon. He's still checking prices. (Sidebar- guess Chad & Erin's collection plate was successful, he must think he'll do as well)

If the collection plate ploy fails, there's always The Bank of Lawson. :roll:

I wouldn't worry about fundies not getting the authentic food/culture in Hawaii - traditional Hawaiian food is very fatty and Southern-friendly with lots of fried chicken, macaroni salad, white rice, spam (LOTS), and the traditional pork that would remind them of pulled barbecue pork. It's a very American place and you could avoid eating anything "exotic". In Waikiki, hula is everywhere so without going to a luau you get exposed to the traditional culture.

I went to Hawaii on my honeymoon (island hopped Waikiki/Oahu -> Maui -> Kona/Big Island) and I think it'd be a great place for them, I could see Whitney throwing off the ugly denim skirt and frolicking down the beach in a nice modest tankini.

What you describe is not "traditional" hawaiian food, just fyi.

I follow this one ATI guy on instagram. He's had photos with the Bates and others. He posted some honeymoon (or was it anniversary) vacation pics and his wife was in a bikini! I was kind of happy. It was almost as if his religion has more to do with who you are than what you wear!

And these are the same people who frown upon and want to do away with public assistance programs. The Bates family can kiss my ass. They are no better than the Duggars.

I don't care if you don't want public assistance yourself, but you can kiss my ass if you want to do away with them. They are literally keeping me alive as I'm on SSI (and therefore Medicaid) and I would be dead without some of my medications or the surgeries i've had to have while on it.

I just had an inspiration.... :cracking-up: I read in one blog that the wedding of Erin and Chad was so nice and the whole family traveled a long way to attend it. But unfortunately they want be able to do the same for Whit and Zach. Maybe this is the reason why they want to get married so close to them? To avoid too much attention / weird fans.

I wonder if they have the choice to decide whether their wedding will be filmed or not. :doh:

I just had an inspiration.... :cracking-up: I read in one blog that the wedding of Erin and Chad was so nice and the whole family traveled a long way to attend it. But unfortunately they want be able to do the same for Whit and Zach. Maybe this is the reason why they want to get married so close to them? To avoid too much attention / weird fans.

I wonder if they have the choice to decide whether their wedding will be filmed or not. :doh:

I wondered the same thing, that Zach and Whit scheduled their wedding so soon following Chad and Erin's in order to not have as much attention. They would know that some folks will not be able to do two weddings so close though consider that Whit's family is probably footing the bill and may not be able to afford 800+ people and maybe have a bit more class over asking people / local businesses for freebies.

I hope they decide not to film the wedding and keep it private. It's possible as I suspect Zach learned the hard way to be a lot more private after the courtship fail.

Some of the politicians in the Bates' town (Lake City) are considering changing the name to "Rocky Top." It a shame this article doesn't give a clue about how Anderson County Commissioner Zach Bates feels about the name change:

http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/20131 ... 311110030/

LAKE CITY, TENN. — Despite the famous bluegrass song, Rocky Top, Tenn., has never actually been home sweet home to anyone.

It’s not a town at all, but a rocky outcropping in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, more than 5,400 feet high on the Appalachian Trail.

Now, an East Tennessee county commissioner and a group of silent partners want to do something about that. Reasoning that the name Rocky Top has cachet, they are promising an impoverished town of 1,700 big things if the residents would be willing to change the town’s name from Lake City to that of the song.

As most college football fans in the Southeast know, “Rocky Top†is the fight song of the University of Tennessee Volunteers. The bluegrass standard is also one of the state songs of Tennessee.

Country composers Boudleaux and Felice Bryant of Gatlinburg wrote the song in 10 minutes in 1967, inspired by tales about the spot on Thunderhead Mountain, about 50 miles from Lake City.

The song has since been recorded by dozens of performers, including Dolly Parton and Glen Campbell.

In Lake City, supporters hope a name change would have them tuning in newfound prosperity. Development plans include a Disney-style interactive, 3-D animated theater; a Branson, Mo.-style live music venue; an indoor-outdoor water park and a 500-seat paddleboat restaurant on an as yet-to-be-constructed artificial lake, according to Anderson County Commissioner Tim Isbel. And that’s just phase 1.

Other ideas include a candy corn company — a very loose reference to the moonshine-soaked lyric, “Corn don’t grow at all on Rocky Top, dirt’s too rocky by far. That’s why all the folks on Rocky Top get their corn from a jar.â€..

Some of the politicians in the Bates' town (Lake City) are considering changing the name to "Rocky Top." It a shame this article doesn't give a clue about how Anderson County Commissioner Zach Bates feels about the name change:

http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/20131 ... 311110030/

LAKE CITY, TENN. — ...

Other ideas include a candy corn company — a very loose reference to the moonshine-soaked lyric, “Corn don’t grow at all on Rocky Top, dirt’s too rocky by far. That’s why all the folks on Rocky Top get their corn from a jar.â€..

Is candy corn the stuff you can buy in the States on Halloween? It is shaped like a triangle with three colours?

Yes, it is. And it's one of those things that's disgusting and delicious at the same time.

Off topic, but I've always been curious about how it tastes...?

Me too! I had never heard of it until I saw it mentioned in World of Warcraft, and I've lived in States :embarrassed:

Have either of you ever had jellybeans? Candy corn sort of tastes like those, but with a slightly different texture, and a much sweeter, sugary aftertaste. Taste can depend on the brand you get - some candy corn brands are definitely better than others.

Edited to add that candy corn comes in different shapes, too. When my son was younger, I used to get him the ones that were shaped like pumpkins - he never ate them, but he enjoyed playing with them. :)

Halloween is my favorite holiday and Brach's (only brand I will buy) candy corn is a big part of it. It's sweet, and sugary, and kinda fluffy and...just delicious! And I'm positive my love of it is completely unrelated to the root canal I have scheduled in two weeks :lol:

Have either of you ever had jellybeans? Candy corn sort of tastes like those, but with a slightly different texture, and a much sweeter, sugary aftertaste. Taste can depend on the brand you get - some candy corn brands are definitely better than others.

Yes, I've had jellybeans and have hard time imagining something much sweeter :D

Archived