IGNORED

Josh Duggar's Instagram (Part 4)

StarrieEyedKat

Mt Pilot was the closest thing to a nearby city and had restaurants that served wine and other alcohol. "The lake" was code for the lover's lane. :)

Yeah, realizing that they joked about spiking punch or bringing a bottle and even had wine during a couple of episodes would have run Jim Bob off in a hurry.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mt Pilot was the closest thing to a nearby city and had restaurants that served wine and other alcohol. "The lake" was code for the lover's lane. :)

Yeah, realizing that they joked about spiking punch or bringing a bottle and even had wine during a couple of episodes would have run Jim Bob off in a hurry.

The "Class Reunion" episode would have been a living nightmare for JB. Public high schools and a spiking-the-punch joke! Plus, there's dancing and Andy kisses a woman who has a career!

Edited to fix title of episode.

Someone with the ability may want to point out to superficial, pop-culturally challenged Smuggiepoo that Andy Griffith was a liberal Obama supporter.

86d0cde2c53611e1aaec22000a1e88af_6.jpg

Like he knows who andy griffith is... Anyway, RIP Andy!

IIRC, Andy Griffith WAS one of the few approved, "wholesome" shows they could watch on DVD.

Aw, fuck. *whistles the Andy Griffith Show theme song and gets lost in Mayberry memories* And Matlock! Farewell, Andy.

Someone with the ability may want to point out to superficial, pop-culturally challenged Smuggiepoo that Andy Griffith was a liberal Obama supporter.

Yes, Josh and his apparently heartbroken leghumpers might stand being gently reminded of this.

Yay! I missed a lot of part 3. I really need to go back and read that epicness.

A cake Smuggar would recognize:

burger-and-fries-cake.jpg

No, it isn't just you. I am officially disturbed. :shock:

Yeah, and I'm sure you are all super slim and eat healthy all the time. :lol: It's okay to make fun of over-weight people right? Nothing wrong with that. :whistle:

It always astonishes me that "The Andy Griffith Show" passed muster with the Duggars. Andy and Barney were both employees of the ebil country gubmint. AND they were dating women who both had jobs. In addition, Andy's girlfriend, Helen Crump, was a college graduate and taught in the equally ebil public grade school. Also, Barney & Thelma Lou, or Andy & Helen, used to talk about driving up to Mount Pilot at the end of their dates. Even as a kid, I realized that "Mount Pilot" was probably code for the local lovers' lane.

Barney was also two-timing on Thelma Lou with Juanita . . . Juaaaaaaanita. I also doubt that Smuggar would have approved of Andy Griffith's role in Waitress. In all seriousness, RIP Andy. "The Andy Griffith Show" was my mom's all-time favorite show, so I grew up with it. When I first visited my husband's family in NC, he drove me up to Mount Airy and I got my picture taken with the statue that TVLand erected of Andy and Opie on their way to the fishin' hole.

Yeah, and I'm sure you are all super slim and eat healthy all the time. :lol: It's okay to make fun of over-weight people right? Nothing wrong with that. :whistle:

Nope, I'm chunky as fuck. When I have the energy, I'll eat healthy. Sometimes I eat crap. Lighten the fuck up.

Have any FJers tried water-based nail polish? I don't want to put out the 15$ unless I know for a fact it's not a total rip-off.

I can see the Duggars loving the exploitation of Aunt Bea. She was basically a 50's grandma Duggar.

ETA: They probably think Otis, the town drunk, is burning in hell right now.

ETA 2: From Wikipedia:

Bee undergoes some changes during the final three color years of The Andy Griffith Show. In the early years, she gives her heart to scalawags of all sorts and sometimes needs Andy's help in extricating herself from unpleasant romantic situations. In the color years, however, Bee's suitors are respectable gentlemen and include a retired congressman, a clergyman, and a distinguished professor. Bee's evolution in personality is reflected in her dress. In the show's early years, she is given to wearing comically dowdy house dresses, fruit- and flower-decorated hats, and ladylike white gloves for venturing outside the house. In the color episodes, she discards her frumpy wardrobe and steps into more stylish attire.

No woman who abandons frump is worth watching.

This is the best scene in the entire show.

8BMjtwp8n6A

I just realized it's the exact opposite of what the Duggars do. They would probably have been ok with Opie keeping the birds in the cage forever.

8BMjtwp8n6A

I just realized it's the exact opposite of what the Duggars do. They would probably have been ok with Opie keeping the birds in the cage forever.

Since according to Ma and Pa Duggar, if you do all the right things they won't fly away. I have to agree.

Pfft. They'd clip the bird's wings, put little hoods over their heads, then cover the cage. It's pretty much the way they've raised their kids.

8BMjtwp8n6A

Great clip! I'm all misty eyed and shit. You're right, that is so anti-Duggar. Those birds would be caged for life or dead from malnutrition. I don't think birds can survive on tater tot casserole.

Done.

Without fail, our Smugly has posted a pic of his latest artery clogging meal.

[ @ ] joshduggar Lunch! 4h .

[ @ ] amandasetters Mmm I'm hungry now! 3h .

[ @ ] mkitts It's basically like tithing. 2h .

[ @ ] b1790 I love their food but it makes my stomach hurt for some reason. 2h .

[ @ ] tiffanator Hey that's what I had for lunch too in Kansas!! 2h .

[ @ ] holly4j2c Its been so long since i had chick fil a 1h .

[ @ ] pillpusher658 We miss this place!! It's hard not living where chicken mini's are easily attainable! 1h .

[ @ ] muffynmadam Do you ever eat a home cooked meal? Seriously bro, give your arteries a break. Your cholesterol must be through the roof. 6min .

[ @ ] muffynmadam Oh and I would never eat there because a) it's not organic and b) it's Christian. I would never support that sort of organization. I prefer a nice glass of H20 with some organic romaine lettuce and a veggie wrap and hummus. 3min .

Yeah, I'm trolling today.

Without fail, our Smugly has posted a pic of his latest artery clogging meal.

Yeah, I'm trolling today.

Did one of the leghumpers just suggest that eating at ChickFilA is like tithing? Maybe they're joking. One can hope :shock:

Meanwhile, I am 8 months into my ChickFilA boycott. I fell off the wagon once, but you know, it wasn't even as good as I remembered. You really can wean yourself off this stuff, Smuggar, I promise...

I remember Andy Griffith being in an commercial for Obama with fellow former "Andy Griffith Show" co-star Ron Howard. I was laughing at seeing the now old Ron Howard playing his very young character from the show in the commercial.

ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/1028297/

The Mayberry segment starts at 1:14 and ends at 2:00. They also did a "Happy Days" segment.

[ @ ] doors43 Other than them sending millions of dollars to anti gay groups, their food is ok 2h

[ @ ] vonbrumsky32 muffynmadam, you seem very critical....maybe you should have a helping of kindness with your veggie wrap....it's organic & won't clog your arteries 35min

[ @ ] jjskids I agree vonbrumsky! Lol at that too. Good one! 33min

[ @ ] muffynmadam @vonbrumsky32 I'll be praying for you. You obviously need prayer. 6min

[ @ ] muffynmadam As for Josh, I'm concerned with his obvious fast food addiction. Why does he always eat out when he has a wife at home to cook homemade food for him?

Of course, I'll always eat organic food. None of that artery clogging food for me. I prefer homemade, simple organic cuisine. Why would I support a so-called "Christian" organization that is anti-equality? God loves ALL of us the way we are. Not just SOME of us. I will have to pray for you and the owners of Chick-Filet. 1min

I think Josh needs to see my favorite Andy Griffith role, in A Face in the Crowd. Anyone here who hasn't seen it might want to look into it, as well -- it is amazing.

He plays a drifter who is brought to public attention through the radio and TV. He seems folksy but is actually a frightening megalomaniac who is about to gain political power.

There is nothing new about the crap being pulled by the Duggars, Santorum, etc. It was beautifully satirized in 1957.

Turner Classic Movies is showing it in the wee hours of Friday morning. They generally do a retrospective when someone dies, so it may be shown again soon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050371/

jinx_portal_the-cake-is-a-lie.jpg?w=700

+1 for Portal reference!

and also,

The pictures of the chocolate cakes with bacon on it reminds me of what is served at the Wisconsin State Fair...a burger that has krispy cream doughtnuts as buns ( they use one doughtnut, but they cut it in half ) and has chocolate covered bacon on it.

I think that's originally Paula Deen's recipe, though hers has egg, not chocolate (pic from food network):

20080304-donutz.jpg

Now to retire to the pool, and listen to the illegal fireworks in my neighborhood!

At 5 minutes and 33 seconds in Jessa mentions Andy Griffith in this YouTube clip:

ZoIeV_0ES4A

ETA: Coincidentally TLC aired this episode at 7:30 AM this morning in upstate NY.

I think Josh needs to see my favorite Andy Griffith role, in A Face in the Crowd. Anyone here who hasn't seen it might want to look into it, as well -- it is amazing.

He plays a drifter who is brought to public attention through the radio and TV. He seems folksy but is actually a frightening megalomaniac who is about to gain political power.

There is nothing new about the crap being pulled by the Duggars, Santorum, etc. It was beautifully satirized in 1957.

Turner Classic Movies is showing it in the wee hours of Friday morning. They generally do a retrospective when someone dies, so it may be shown again soon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050371/

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1447199744/tt0050371

Josh needs to see this pic!

Archived