IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

A fancy dress that matches her wallpaper. I literally cannot wrap my brain around that. 🤯

Ya know, I had kids and teens, and they weren't full of servant hearts or whatever fuckery she is trying to sell. They were busy with their friends and schools and their own lives, as it should be. The only time we needed the kids to be "all hands on deck" was like if a grandparent moved or there was a death in the family or something. And they are now into their 20's to 30 and are really nice, compassionate people. Maybe it was because they were allowed to live their own lives instead of helping around the house all the time and babysitting siblings and heating mothers towels and making her tea and doing dumb ass dances with her. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And let’s face it, she has only put in the minimum with those kids. Her parents have done most of the hard lifting-

I do my best to heavily snark on her because she has had every opportunity in life and should know and DO better!!!!!!

Exactly. Jill Rod is way less educated, way more isolated, and way less wealthy. Yet she gets so much more snark. They have extremely similar personalities and beliefs. Braggie just has more money.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

While I was out on my morning walk I was ruminating about the concept of having a “servant’s heart.” Can anyone recall when Abbie has ever truly displayed an action of selflessly serving others? I know she has mentioned bringing a meal to a family, but it’s very likely her kids help with food prep. Heck it might even be the kids’ idea to make a dessert for family friends…OTOH, the H’s seem to have been on the receiving end of others’ gratuitous actions quite a bit. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Pretty sure Abbie's idea of a "servant's heart" is that everybody acts as her servant.

She's just so SMUG.  Any minor inconvenience makes her #relatable but she rests assured that nothing that's TOO bad will ever happen to her because of her position as God's Super-Special Princess.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

Abbie claims her weird leg humpers are "itching" for her to set up her dining room. I hope she's exaggerating but probably not. I wish people would stop feeding her endless need for adoration. Abbie has an obsession with being all things to all people. It has to be exhausting. She wants to be relatable but better than you, young and hip, but still a wise matriarch, fun loving but a taskmaster, rich but on a tight budget.

My guess is that once the commissioned table is in, she'll find excuses to replace other stuff. And if I never hear the word chandy used as a cute name for chandelier it will be too soon. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240305-1031152.png.b613fa2c9c0c50b63844f480ad98f592.png

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 3

It's so obnoxious how she's always saying "this was 50% off at Anthro!" Or "from the Anthro floor sale!". Like, what is her point? Discounted or even 50% off at Anthro is still way out of a lot of people's budget, especially her target audience -- one income families with a dozen kids. Why not just take ownership of the fact that she can afford Anthro furnishings and chooses to spend her money that way? Saying she got them on sale does not make her more relatable, IMO.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

Why is she having a new table made? I’m sure the last one is just fine. And what is a VA?

I genuinely think she hasn’t cooked an entire meal in years. Simon used to be the cook. Now I guess it’s Nola. 

11729F68-EFA9-4FB0-9D2F-C753BC7CFA9D.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

VA - Virtual Assistant?

Remember she's so rad and hip. That's the abbreviation the cool kids use.

I must admit it took me a minute as my first thought was Veterans Administration and the 2nd was state of Virginia.

Shouldn't Nola be in homeschool, not cooking Braggie's lunch?  Technically Braggie is the mom, although she does no parenting.  But that's why you have well-trained-to-be-servant-hearted SisMoms and BroDads.

Well trained to serve Braggie.

• Upvote 13

Kids shouldn't be spoiling their parents...

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Kids shouldn't be spoiling their parents...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a kid 'spoiling' their parent by making them a delicious meal. It's the whole package with this family that's the issue. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

So now she has a virtual assistant? Jeez, she is just about the furthest thing from a homeschooling SAHM I can imagine. And yet, somehow, her followers think she's all that and probably wonder why they can't live in a McMansion and shop Anthro sales too.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I think she says things like "VA" and "flipping laundry" because she knows people will ask questions about what it is and then she'll be able to post how she's so hounded by people asking the same questions over and over. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I swear her oldest 5 children are her assistants. Her mother is her assistant. And now she has a virtual assistant? How many assistants does one asshole need? 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I swear her oldest 5 children are her assistants. Her mother is her assistant. And now she has a virtual assistant? How many assistants does one asshole need? 

Well…having 10 kids, lots of little boys, a huge house/property(by most people’s standards), home schooling, shopaholic, living in the sticks, so lots of driving required, cooking, cleaning… she needs a lot a help because she is so self-centered there is no time for the rest of those duties.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Well…having 10 kids, lots of little boys, a huge house/property(by most people’s standards), home schooling, shopaholic, living in the sticks, so lots of driving required, cooking, cleaning… she needs a lot a help because she is so self-centered there is no time for the rest of those duties.

I’m sure Ezra does so much driving for her. He probably runs errands all the time for his mother/boss. 

• Upvote 4

I really, intensely dislike her decorating style. And what a pity that her dining room table was ALSO destroyed in the flood! 🙄

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

I’m sitting here thinking about all the people I see on line (and some IRL) who have $10K stoves and Sub-Zero fridges and barely know how to microwave a Lean Cuisine…and I can cook and bake my @$$ off with bottom-of-the-line appliances.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 18

I swear her girls have been putting the youngest boys to bed for years now. I can’t imagine passing this off to Other children every night. It’s not cute to parentify children. 

B8B9AED4-BCF8-4E78-80B2-A77243AE08EF.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 4

23 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

How many assistants does one asshole need? 

Depends: does its owner eat fiber, drink water, and move around regularly? Do they have a megacolon? Use opioids? Sometimes it needs a whole-ass surgical team.

• Haha 8

I cannot handle the "you bet your stretch marks" thing - and comments indicate there's merch with it!

It doesn't even make sense - no one wants to hang onto their stretch marks as a thing of value to bet. Ahhhhhhh! 

I also have issues with the siblings-as-friends pressure (this is paired with a video of one of the older sons french braiding his younger sister's hair). I know everyone is different, but I have an older brother, and never in a million years would this have happened or would I or he have wanted it. To me, it's the kind of thing that maybe sounds sweet to moms of younger children, but just lands differently watching older aged kids interact.

The commentary below bothers me too. First, the idea that because a parent's "heart longs for" it, then they should have it. And then the sideways credit all being given to the parents - if the siblings get along, it's because the parents were consistent, fostered it, provided opportunities for it, etc. I guess that's a piece of it, but it takes away any choice the sibling might have made too.

Screenshot2024-03-12at11_47_16AM.png.3f081dfdaf110c3daacfd28d9d6c8e4f.png

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 10
  • I Agree 2

Who is modeling the kindness,  Braggie's mom?  I find it hard to believe Braggie does if her real life persona is like her on-line persona.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

My sons play together all the time. They also fight. It’s pretty normal from my experience. I don’t need her help. She thinks she’s such a fucking expert. I would never take her shitty smug advice. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

On 3/12/2024 at 8:56 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

My sons play together all the time. They also fight. It’s pretty normal from my experience. I don’t need her help. She thinks she’s such a fucking expert. I would never take her shitty smug advice. 

Exactly. My oldest two play together all the time, and yeah, they're siblings. They fight sometimes. It happens. But it's not the end of the world.

(Youngest doesn't play with them much largely because of age, but they still still do parallel play with her and generally interact kindly, at least right up until she makes off with the Magna tile piece they want.)

Edited by NotQuiteMotY
  • Upvote 7

On 2/24/2024 at 1:34 AM, JDuggs said:

In general, I don’t hate Abbie’s decorating style, but the off colors of the stove and cabinets would drive me bonkers.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.4deb74b80b50eca3b140bae5a5147e2a.png

Too clinical for me 

• Upvote 2

Like I’ve said so many times when it comes to Braggie’s home, I love certain pieces to her home. I will love a table or chair or wallpaper. But she is just way too busy. It’s all just too much. And it often looks like chaos to me. Although I will say it’s better than those horrid white and beige homes with zero color at all. But only a bit better. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic