IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

I think the wood stove hood will definitely attract oil/dust/grease.  My metal stove hood does and even it is hard to clean that spooge off metal.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I think the wood stove hood will definitely attract oil/dust/grease.  My metal stove hood does and even it is hard to clean that spooge off metal.

I have a wooden hood and I love the look of it. It’s decades old but I still love it. However it is hard to clean. Definitely.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

As someone who had a child who was extremely difficult to toilet train, he never covered the walls with shit. You know why? Because when my kid woke up from a nap, I went and got him.  

What ended up working for you?  My daughters were both potty trained by two and a half, but my son just turned 3, and not only is he not potty trained, every time I even attempt it he just point blank refuses and it becomes such a Big Deal I end up not pushing it. I’ve tried twice very unsuccessfully. I’m going with I just need to give him more time, but then I feel so bad that he isn’t yet. 

• Love 7

13 minutes ago, treehugger said:

What ended up working for you?  My daughters were both potty trained by two and a half, but my son just turned 3, and not only is he not potty trained, every time I even attempt it he just point blank refuses and it becomes such a Big Deal I end up not pushing it. I’ve tried twice very unsuccessfully. I’m going with I just need to give him more time, but then I feel so bad that he isn’t yet. 

I shouldn’t give advice because I think I probably fucked the whole thing up. It was years to potty train him. I guess my biggest regret was that I wasn’t consistent and caved at times because I was just so completely mentally exhausted as a parent when trying to train him. He is the most stubborn child I’ve ever met. And he threw fits every single time I suggested he even pee on the potty. So I caved. And I wasn’t totally consistent because I just didn’t have the mental capacity to deal with him throwing a fit 10 times a day. The only thing that slightly helped was an immediate reward. I honestly think my son is a little “different.” I don’t think he would fit the criteria for autism spectrum disorder. But I think he’s spirited and quirky. Luckily he’s now 9 and way easier to talk to and reason with. But when he was age 3-5? Watch out! 

BTW my oldest son was easy to potty train. It only took a week. He had accidents in that week of training but he eventually got it and did well. That shows you it’s mostly about personality. One kid had a personality that potty trains well. One didn’t. 

I don’t want my post to sound like I think I have one good kid and one bad kid. Because I don’t. My youngest son is amazing. Literally every teacher he’s had has gone on and on about how they wish they had a bunch of kids exactly like him because he’s so sweet, thoughtful, empathetic, a good listener and a good friend. He’s an awesome kid. But potty training was his hill to die on for some reason 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 17

9 hours ago, TrueRebel1 said:

Does nanny-grandma do the cleaning? Braggie might not even notice all the things her mom does around the house.

I was going to write Braggie has no idea how much her mom does around the house. Sadly even if she knows there's no way she cares. Others are simply resources for Braggie to make her life easier and prettier (in her imagination).

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I was going to write Braggie has no idea how much her mom does around the house. Sadly even if she knows there's no way she cares. Others are simply resources for Braggie to make her life easier and prettier (in her imagination).

And Abbie will never help her kids as her parents have helped her. She is a disinterested and disengaged mother, there is no way she’ll be a helpful grandparent.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And Abbie will never help her kids as her parents have helped her. She is a disinterested and disengaged mother, there is no way she’ll be a helpful grandparent.

I completely agree. But she will loudly complain how none of their children visit them or ever call as though she had been a sacrificial mother. It's incredible to me how little insight these mothers of too many have when it comes to their own children. Someone in another thread posted about taking her toddler to a well-child visit and answering questions on the toddler's speech. It made me think how so many of these women most likely have to take the sistermom along with them in order to provide accurate information! And yet these same women will proudly talk about what a blessing each child is.

• Upvote 9

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Literally every teacher he’s had has gone on and on about how they wish they had a bunch of kids exactly like him because he’s so sweet, thoughtful, empathetic, a good listener and a good friend.

And take it from me, teachers don't say that unless they really mean it :)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

As far as toilet training goes, yes -- it depends on the child.  I have two that were trained very easily and one that I would swear would be in diapers as an adult if I hadn't resorted to bribery.

I think Abbie mostly hasn't toilet trained the twins due to laziness.  There might also be a part of her that likes to say she still has two babies in diapers (much like Jill Rodrigues clinging to her youth).  It could also be that she wants to pretend the twins are  younger than they are so the fans won't start asking about when she's having another child.  Maybe, even for Abbie, there's a limit to how many children you can stand living in your house.  She loves writing, traveling, and dressing up too much to enjoy being a full time mom.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Xan said:

As far as toilet training goes, yes -- it depends on the child.  I have two that were trained very easily and one that I would swear would be in diapers as an adult if I hadn't resorted to bribery.

I think Abbie mostly hasn't toilet trained the twins due to laziness.  There might also be a part of her that likes to say she still has two babies in diapers (much like Jill Rodrigues clinging to her youth).  It could also be that she wants to pretend the twins are  younger than they are so the fans won't start asking about when she's having another child.  Maybe, even for Abbie, there's a limit to how many children you can stand living in your house.  She loves writing, traveling, and dressing up too much to enjoy being a full time mom.

There’s definitely a limit. Because we know she uses something to space her pregnancies. But she had 2 sets of twins. If she hadn’t had the twins, she would only have 8 kids. I think the last twins really set her over her limit big time. And that’s why she was so upset when she had her last unintended pregnancy. It ended in miscarriage but she was not happy when she found out she was pregnant. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

She posted a pic of her mom being her "usual servant-hearted self" 🤢 carrying a box down their stairs. Shaun is away for work, they have sickness in the house, and boo hoo they are in the middle of moving back in (he was away the first time they moved too! she says). Some drivel about "not today, satan" cause I guess it's the horned monster's fault that they are sick, or that that "had" to do a renovation, or that Shaun had a trip to go to. 🙄 Also, a pic of her wallpaper along the stairs, omg no. I worked in the wallpaper business for a few years after design school and it's a solid nope from me. It might be the second shingrix vaccine wreaking havoc on my poor old brain but that pattern is making me feel dizzy and the colors are just... too much. I'd need a work trip too if that were hanging in my house. 

• Eyeroll 4

My mom is in her late 60s and extremely capable. But I admit I carry things for her up and down my stairs. But I guess I should remember my stairs are steeper than Braggie’s. I just prefer to do it since I’ve fallen down both sets of my stairs and I feel like I would bounce back better than she would since she’s older. But my mom can carry around stuff on level ground. I don’t coddle her. 

• Upvote 6

I have to also add that in Braggie’s post she mentions shaun is on a work trip this week when they are moving back in. And he was on a work trip when they moved in the first time. She’s just being the martyr yet again. But she doesn’t have it as hard as she lets on. Her oldest 5 kids do everything. We know they’ve been trained to do everything mama says. They are unpaid servants so they are likely doing all the moving of stuff and child minding. Braggie is just standing around making demands and directing her servants. Sure she will unpack all the shit she compulsively bought.

• Upvote 7

23 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

She posted a pic of her mom being her "usual servant-hearted self" 🤢 carrying a box down their stairs.

She only cares about people in relation to what they can do for her. Servant-hearted is code for getting people to do shit she doesn't want to do while Abbie herself tries to look busy.  

Abbie made another post about servants hearts. This time she posted a video of her sons cleaning up and commented that they're "swoon worthy" and that their future wives can thank her. So so gross. I think it's icky when mothers say things like this about their male children. I hate everything about this. The assumption that they will be husbands and "daddies" which also assumes their sexuality or at the very least, a desire to live a nuclear life. I don't like that Abbie assumes that any future spouse would find it swoon worthy to see their husband participate in an equitable distribution of domestic chores. And lastly, I absolutely despise her comment about training her children. That's a word for dogs, not humans. 

Screenshot_20240227-1115052.png.af6a3fb252ece3c96ab763e0ebfbe042.png

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 3
  • Eyeroll 10
  • WTF 2

10 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

She only cares about people in relation to what they can do for her. Servant-hearted is code for getting people to do shit she doesn't want to do while Abbie herself tries to look busy.  

Abbie made another post about servants hearts. This time she posted a video of her sons cleaning up and commented that they're "swoon worthy" and that their future wives can thank her. So so gross. I think it's icky when mothers say things like this about their male children. I hate everything about this. The assumption that they will be husbands and "daddies" which also assumes their sexuality or at the very least, a desire to live a nuclear life. I don't like that Abbie assumes that any future spouse would find it swoon worthy to see their husband participate in an equitable distribution of domestic chores. And lastly, I absolutely despise her comment about training her children. That's a word for dogs, not humans. 

“Modeling”??? Who is she kidding? She is really efficient at turfing her parental responsibilities and Shaun is even worse. Anyone else notice how Shaun always seems to be “away/working” at key moments? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Anyone else notice how Shaun always seems to be “away/working” at key moments? 

That's probably why she finds her son's sweeping to be swoon worthy. The bar is in hell. She also said in another post that the boys were doing quite a bit of the driving back and forth as they moved from the rental. I get having all hands on deck when moving, that's every family. What I take issue with is Shaun's constant absence at, like you said, key moments. He knows his sons will pick up his slack at stressful times. 

• Upvote 14

Your children have servant hearts because you treat them like servants. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 9

Anytime I've been told I had a servant's heart it was by someone who guilted me into doing it or in some other way manipulated me into doing what it was they wanted me to do. It was never - literally never - because they recognized me doing something I was doing because I chose to do it. So I'm going to assume Abbie did the same thing - she guilted her mother into helping, knew she was in the wrong for pressuring her into it, and decided instead of apologizing and changing her ways that she would put her mother on blast as someone with a servant's heart.

Braggie, you're full of shit and you know it. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

On 2/24/2024 at 3:29 PM, treehugger said:

My daughter was tough too. What worked was a three month process of putting undies under her pull-up for daycare so she could feel the wet and going without undies at home so I could stuff her on the potty the minute she started to go. This was after two previous failed attempts (each one lasting for close to two months).And lots of bribes. Every time she sat on the potty without a fit she got a skittle. If she peed or pooped she got three skittles. Then she saw a Peppa Pig watering can at Superstore and we bought it but she couldn’t use it until she was consistently using the potty. By the end of that month, she was trained. But she was over 3 by that point. Try not to stress about it; he’ll just dig in further (easier said than done, I know. I was panicking). 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

He knows his sons will pick up his slack all the time at stressful times

FIFY

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

On 2/26/2024 at 2:34 PM, fluffernutter said:

She posted a pic of her mom being her "usual servant-hearted self" 🤢 carrying a box down their stairs. Shaun is away for work, they have sickness in the house, and boo hoo they are in the middle of moving back in (he was away the first time they moved too! she says). 

WTH, Abbie?  Keep your mom off the stairs with those boxes.  Sure, she can help but maybe she could unpack boxes or organize.  I love my kids but they're younger and sturdier than I am and I don't fill my arms with boxes on my way down the stairs.

Shaun just seems lazy.  Braggie's okay with it because he makes a lot of money and she does what she pleases when he's gone.  I wonder what she'll do when the older boys leave and her mom gets beyond doing all of Braggie's work.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Groan. The bit about the work paying off makes sure to take the credit for what is commendable in the sons working too.

Also "servant's heart" is such a Christian-y term. 

Will never forget to my mortification years ago after one hospital stay middle-of-the-night me thanked the nurse and told her she was such a "servant." It was like as the words were leaving my mouth I realized that for people outside of Christianity that's not exactly a compliment. 

• Upvote 5

On 2/26/2024 at 2:34 PM, fluffernutter said:

Also, a pic of her wallpaper along the stairs, omg no. I worked in the wallpaper business for a few years after design school and it's a solid nope from me. It might be the second shingrix vaccine wreaking havoc on my poor old brain but that pattern is making me feel dizzy and the colors are just... too much. I'd need a work trip too if that were hanging in my house. 

She actually bought a dress that she thought matched the wallpaper and did a series of photos about it three years ago.  I agree.  That wallpaper would make me nauseated on a regular basis if I had to see it every day.  (This was back when Abbie's hair was long and she wasn't washing it regularly.)

Spoiler

Screenshot(21).png.e0cbff9f0b4b18cfe8e1cafd1a0053de.pngScreenshot(22).png.af08b7c43e4a0e91833f18c6bf73db66.png

• Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Xan said:

She actually bought a dress that she thought matched the wallpaper and did a series of photos about it three years ago.  I agree.  That wallpaper would make me nauseated on a regular basis if I had to see it every day.  (This was back when Abbie's hair was long and she wasn't washing it regularly.)

Hide contents

Screenshot(21).png.e0cbff9f0b4b18cfe8e1cafd1a0053de.pngScreenshot(22).png.af08b7c43e4a0e91833f18c6bf73db66.png

Only Braggie would buy a very fancy dress because it looked like her wallpaper. Do a photo shoot while holding her twins and posting it online. 

I swear this woman deserves so much more snark than she gets. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

1 minute ago, neuroticcat said:

Groan. The bit about the work paying off makes sure to take the credit for what is commendable in the sons working too.

And let’s face it, she has only put in the minimum with those kids. Her parents have done most of the hard lifting-

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Only Braggie would buy a very fancy dress because it looked like her wallpaper. Do a photo shoot while holding her twins and posting it online. 

I swear this woman deserves so much more snark than she gets. 

I do my best to heavily snark on her because she has had every opportunity in life and should know and DO better!!!!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic