IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

I never heard of cabinet dishwasher fronts before. The extreme privilege, and lack of acknowledgement of it is just....I can't. :tw_angry:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

47 minutes ago, MomKB said:

I never heard of cabinet dishwasher fronts before. The extreme privilege, and lack of acknowledgement of it is just....I can't. :tw_angry:

They’ve been around for a long time. I’ve always associated it with upper middle class and wealthy folks. You can get custom panels for your dishwasher and fridge so they blend in with all your cabinets. I love the look of them but I couldn’t afford it. We had to get a new fridge and I swear I got one of the cheapest fridges possible. Mostly because our kitchen is in a small old house and it hasn’t been updated since the early 80s. We don’t have any plumbing for a fridge to have water in the door or even an ice maker. It’s just a fridge plain and simple. Plus it couldn’t be too big since our doorway is so narrow! Again it’s because it’s an old house. A giant expensive fridge would never fit. She’s so privileged that not only can she afford these gigantic appliances, but she also has a home with doorways big enough to accommodate them. She’s privileged in so many ways and just thinks it’s because god  loves her oh so much. 

• Upvote 14

On 4/7/2024 at 11:08 AM, fluffernutter said:

Yeah there isn't anything wrong with having wealth, but to me a "true Christian" (air-quoting because that sounds so cliche and judgy) would share their time and wealth with those less fortunate. Instead of traipsing around Europe for a month, go for a week and then come home and take the kids to the local homeless shelter, donate some money or items, and serve up some meals. Instead of insisting on all new top of the line everything after The Great Flood, repurpose as much as possible and make a large donation to a charity with the savings. And do it with some humility. If she were to ever do anything charitable, (she won't)  she would totally post all about it and come off sounding pious and braggie. 

If this woman was the least bit humble and they truly had a flood that did extreme damage, AH would have kept the extravagance replacements to herself. Instead, she took to the www to brag about her upscale replacements and complain about the family being displaced (to a nice, big home with a swimming pool) for a couple of months. And like others have said, “hard is not the same as bad”…maybe Abbie should think about that!

All is well though, because the H’s just added a huge sports court to their property, so this flood  and all the upgrades did not hurt them financially. 

• Upvote 14

Someone told Braggie her quilted jacket isn’t cute. So she wrote a smug religious reply. What else would she do? Ignore? Yeah right. And what she wrote in response is funny because she needs to take her own advice. 

C5D3C92D-7601-422D-AF7A-B655D6C6FE21.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 18
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They’ve been around for a long time. I’ve always associated it with upper middle class and wealthy folks. You can get custom panels for your dishwasher and fridge so they blend in with all your cabinets. I love the look of them but I couldn’t afford it. We had to get a new fridge and I swear I got one of the cheapest fridges possible. Mostly because our kitchen is in a small old house and it hasn’t been updated since the early 80s. We don’t have any plumbing for a fridge to have water in the door or even an ice maker. It’s just a fridge plain and simple. Plus it couldn’t be too big since our doorway is so narrow! Again it’s because it’s an old house. A giant expensive fridge would never fit. She’s so privileged that not only can she afford these gigantic appliances, but she also has a home with doorways big enough to accommodate them. She’s privileged in so many ways and just thinks it’s because god  loves her oh so much. 

We live in a 70's era house that doesn't have a huge kitchen. We have the smallest full size fridge they make because that's what was in the kitchen when we moved in 23 years ago. Yes - our ordinary refrigerator is 23 years old and shows no sign of slowing down. We even have the original receipt that the former homeowners who had bought it left with us. We recently looked around Home Depot to see if they even make that size anymore, and they do. And the price is LESS than what was paid for it in the year 2001! That's crazy!  The one we have is white (Quelle horreur!).  It doesn't do anything fancy. It keeps food cold and frozen. We have decide that when we need to buy a new one we'll get the stainless steel version - for less than what was originally paid for the out of style white one. 

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Someone told Braggie her quilted jacket isn’t cute. So she wrote a smug religious reply. What else would she do? Ignore? Yeah right. And what she wrote in response is funny because she needs to take her own advice. 

C5D3C92D-7601-422D-AF7A-B655D6C6FE21.jpeg

Is she really going to wear that outfit or is she trolling? She does have an interesting fashion style. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Is she really going to wear that outfit or is she trolling? She does have an interesting fashion style. 

She actually bought the quilted jacket and made a post about it. She seems to like it. I love quilts. But I’m not a fan of a jacket that looks like a quiet. 

Look at the caption on the bottom. She has to let everyone know she’s a size small 🙄

616EA0F1-9B23-4A9C-94B7-A113A5DC368B.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She actually bought the quilted jacket and made a post about it. She seems to like it. I love quilts. But I’m not a fan of a jacket that looks like a quiet. 

Look at the caption on the bottom. She has to let everyone know she’s a size small 🙄

616EA0F1-9B23-4A9C-94B7-A113A5DC368B.jpeg

A quilted robe I could see, or maybe a shorter jacket, but that long thing-nope, and we all know that Sassy here is a bonafide senior citizen.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

Q: It was 76 degrees F in NYC today. Why does she need a quilted jacket and layers of sweaters? 

A: She wants to show off being a Texan to the unlovely people of New York. She's just hoping someone will say something to her about her jacket while she's there and she can make martyr posts about it.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I love quilts.  I've made a lot of quilts.  Would I wear this coat?  No.  Why?  For the same reason that I don't wear a jacket made out of bathmats or a coat made out of a chenille bedspread.

Hard is the not same thing as bad.  Also, a different, trendy style is not the same thing as flattering.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

Perhaps Braggie is channeling Dolly Parton's song "Coat of Many Colors".

Although Braggie is in no way wearing a coat made with love, but trying oh so hard (and failing) to be funky/vintage/boho/feminine/slightly offbeat. Not to mention Cool and Rad.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, MomKB said:

They're quite common here. Mine doesn't have one because I live in a hole in the wal and apparently a cabinet front for the fridge was more important. I generally prefer to be able to see what's what but that's probably because I've done too many home visits with people who have mobility issues and insist on having me snack/drink something before I leave.

Edited by MariaariaM
  • Upvote 6

Years ago, the water intake hose to my washing machine (which is on the main level of my house) burst while we were at work and flooded the entire first floor.

The extent of our repairs/remediation? New wallcovering in the laundry/bathroom and replaning/refinishing the hardwood floor of the living/dining room.

I cannot imagine how/why a similar disaster would necessitate the level of hoopla Abbie has undertaken in her house.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

16 minutes ago, Hane said:

Years ago, the water intake hose to my washing machine (which is on the main level of my house) burst while we were at work and flooded the entire first floor.

The extent of our repairs/remediation? New wallcovering in the laundry/bathroom and replaning/refinishing the hardwood floor of the living/dining room.

I cannot imagine how/why a similar disaster would necessitate the level of hoopla Abbie has undertaken in her house.

It doesn’t. I say in about 5 years there will be another “disaster” that will mean another big remodel.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

Yep we had a toilet flood our house in 2010, from the second floor down to the basement. One room of carpet, some ceiling work and drywall work, and new bathroom floor (fancy sheet vinyl lol). We lived out of the house for three whole days, in order for them to bring in these ginormous drying fans. Stayed at the in laws. Just cost us our $500 deductible and an upgrade to the nicer carpet than the one they were offering as a replacement. Oh, and it was located above our kitchen. 

• Upvote 10

If I had that kind of money I would be using it to pay for my daughter to attend the top school in the province as that would open up so many opportunities for her (junior IB, top-notch music classes, coding from an early age).I would also be able to afford to adopt another child (unfortunately, I can no longer adopt an embryo), donate huge amounts of money to programs that allow inner city kids to access swimming lessons and I might buy a pop up camper as my sister and my sister and I like camping with the kids. I would not be spending it on cupboard covers for appliances as, in my opinion, no one benefits from this. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

On 4/8/2024 at 4:23 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

47B444D2-4236-4E71-A912-3A842DB5C639.jpeg

Am I the only one who read that hashtag as #milfsundays and thought WTF? 😂

On 4/10/2024 at 4:44 AM, Xan said:

I love quilts.  I've made a lot of quilts.  Would I wear this coat?  No.  Why?  For the same reason that I don't wear a jacket made out of bathmats or a coat made out of a chenille bedspread

I’m a quilter too, and I wouldn’t either. But I’ve seen quilters who make it work, and especially at a quilting convention/sewing retreat etc I think it’s a cool thing to wear. Only if you made it yourself though.

Edited by GreenBeans
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

I wouldn't care at all what she wears if she weren't so darn self-righteous about it and I think that most people here feel the same. If she wasn't pushing it in your face all the time that she is better than you you might pass on the street and think, EW,  or, that's a really ugly coat, but I at least wouldn't judge her all that harshly and I would forget about it within hours. It is totally her attitude that makes her clothing so terrible. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

30 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

I wouldn't care at all what she wears if she weren't so darn self-righteous about it and I think that most people here feel the same. If she wasn't pushing it in your face all the time that she is better than you you might pass on the street and think, EW,  or, that's a really ugly coat, but I at least wouldn't judge her all that harshly and I would forget about it within hours. It is totally her attitude that makes her clothing so terrible. 

She’s a shopaholic clothes horse. So you would imagine she had better taste in clothing. She has been showing off her outfits for a decade now. She talked a lot about her clothing on her blog back when she only had 5 kids. So she seems to think she’s some sort of Christian style icon. If you do that, I will critique your outfit. It’s like Jill. She’s so into showing off her style. I don’t normally care what people wear. But if they position themselves as an online style influencer of sorts, I’ll be more critical. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Yesterday on IG someone asked her if the family is complete and whether or not their current home is their forever home. A. hedged on both of those questions, stating, “it’s up to the Lord.” Any bets on when they’ll be building a new abode?????? I swear A’s main goal is life trying to convince all of us and herself that she is not miserable with the life she has chosen. Her soothing balm is buying new to her shit and renovating, along with taking vacations.

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1

26 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Yesterday on IG someone asked her if the family is complete and whether or not their current home is their forever home. A. hedged on both of those questions, stating, “it’s up to the Lord.” Any bets on when they’ll be building a new abode?????? I swear A’s main goal is life trying to convince all of us and herself that she is not miserable with the life she has chosen. Her soothing balm is buying new to her shit and renovating, along with taking vacations.

I think her family is extremely close to being complete but she won’t say that online. She wants all the humpers to be on the edge of their seats waiting for a new pregnancy announcement. She wants her humpers to think she leaves it up to god but in fact she leaves nothing up to god. She has admitted to spacing her pregnancies. Of course that was a while ago and I don’t think she would admit that today. Her online persona is too important.  I think she will use some form of protection u too she knows her child bearing years are slim. She’s currently 41 like me. I wouldn’t be surprised if she waited until 42 or 43 and then stopped using NFP or condoms. Knowing that she probably won’t get pregnant. I think she’s very much afraid she will have another twin pregnancy. She loves having twins to brag about online. But she hates caring for them. 10 likely seems like a perfect number for a mommy influencer like her. She may not want to change that anytime soon. 

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think her family is extremely close to being complete but she won’t say that online. She wants all the humpers to be on the edge of their seats waiting for a new pregnancy announcement. She wants her humpers to think she leaves it up to god but in fact she leaves nothing up to god. She has admitted to spacing her pregnancies. Of course that was a while ago and I don’t think she would admit that today. Her online persona is too important.  I think she will use some form of protection u too she knows her child bearing years are slim. She’s currently 41 like me. I wouldn’t be surprised if she waited until 42 or 43 and then stopped using NFP or condoms. Knowing that she probably won’t get pregnant. I think she’s very much afraid she will have another twin pregnancy. She loves having twins to brag about online. But she hates caring for them. 10 likely seems like a perfect number for a mommy influencer like her. She may not want to change that anytime soon. 

Hasn't she posted about having an uterine prolapse some time after the 2nd twin pregnancy? She never mentioned it again, but getting pregnant after that is a very bad idea.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Hasn't she posted about having an uterine prolapse some time after the 2nd twin pregnancy? She never mentioned it again, but getting pregnant after that is a very bad idea.

Oh goodness I can’t remember! It’s so hard to remember everything she says. If that’s true then she’s done and she knows it. But won’t say it to her humpers.

• Upvote 4

11 would be an "ugly" number as well so I don't expect her to go for that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh goodness I can’t remember! It’s so hard to remember everything she says. If that’s true then she’s done and she knows it. But won’t say it to her humpers.

Searched and found when we discussed it. And no blib from her about it since then while she overshares on any other thing in her life. So I bet on god having closed her baby factory for good.

• Thank You 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic