IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

I know someone born 2 days before her parents' anniversary.  Her mom was always ticked off that the birth ruined her anniversary and whatever big present/ celebration she was expecting. Somehow the birth date was the child's fault.

Fast forward 32 years and the child now grown has her own child, born 10 days after the grown child's birthday. The grown child is still ticked her child's birth ruined her birthday and whatever big present/ celebration she was expecting. Somehow the birth date was the child's fault.

The grandmother was all "Ha! -- now you know what it's like to have your special day ruined."

I must mention that the grandmother was born right before Christmas and spent her entire life furious that Christmas overshadowed her birthday.

Somehow I can see Braggie being like this.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • WTF 7

34 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I know someone born 2 days before her parents' anniversary.  Her mom was always ticked off that the birth ruined her anniversary and whatever big present/ celebration she was expecting. Somehow the birth date was the child's fault.

Fast forward 32 years and the child now grown has her own child, born 10 days after the grown child's birthday. The grown child is still ticked her child's birth ruined her birthday and whatever big present/ celebration she was expecting. Somehow the birth date was the child's fault.

The grandmother was all "Ha! -- now you know what it's like to have your special day ruined."

I must mention that the grandmother was born right before Christmas and spent her entire life furious that Christmas overshadowed her birthday.

Somehow I can see Braggie being like this.

My first child was born on our wedding anniversary and we were pleased. I thought he was a lovely gift. I will admit that we completely ignore our anniversary because we are busy with our son. But oh well. I’m not a fan of big gifts or big celebrations anyway. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 9

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

It's like there's a public school linoleum floor trying to masquerade as a 50s style diner

Haha, perfect. I couldn't figure it out but yes, it looks institutional. Funnily enough, I live in a 1948 house that was owned by the city for quite some time and was used as an employee daycare and office of education satellite location. The city made very few changes to accommodate the use. One change was the wall plugs in the bathrooms were removed and drywalled over. Another was the kitchen floor and sun room being covered in that typical speckled school cafeteria heavy linoleum. We added the plugs back in right away but made the decision to keep the school flooring for awhile. It looks a little odd but it's very durable and practical. We're living with it but I would have never purposely chosen industrial flooring. 

eta, I forgot about the ramps! The city had added these great big ugly metal ramps to comply with wheelchair laws. We removed them to find the original stairs underneath, thankfully no work needed. 

2 hours ago, Meggo said:

My mom has three daughters and each of our birthdays are less than 10 days apart. So for example - Jan 1, Jan 10 & Jan 19th (not our real bdays) 

Have you counted backwards nine months to see what anniversary or other special holiday was...um, celebrated? My siblings and I counted back and found that one of us was conceived on Valentine's day, another on or about Christmas, and so on. We all laughed but mom was mortified. I was born on mom's birthday, almost nine months to the day of my father's birthday. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

Am I reading those floorplans correctly that there are only 4.5 bathrooms in that house? One for each of the bunkrooms, one in the master, and one downstairs? That seems like it would get very old very quickly. 

The bedroom within a bedroom reminds me of both the Duggar house and dorm suites where it was like here's a sleep room off a study room, so I guess I can sort of see why someone would do that if you were 100% certain you wanted the bunk style of living. 

I mean, for sure I think people who can afford it can do whatever they want with home design and it makes sense that megafamilies would have unconventional arrangements. What I always wonder with houses like this that are SO very custom (kind of like the Duggars) is what they think will happen when the kids go? Who would ever buy this house? Or maybe it doesn't matter once they've paid it off? I don't get that level of not caring about resale.

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Am I reading those floorplans correctly that there are only 4.5 bathrooms in that house? One for each of the bunkrooms, one in the master, and one downstairs? That seems like it would get very old very quickly. 

The bedroom within a bedroom reminds me of both the Duggar house and dorm suites where it was like here's a sleep room off a study room, so I guess I can sort of see why someone would do that if you were 100% certain you wanted the bunk style of living. 

I mean, for sure I think people who can afford it can do whatever they want with home design and it makes sense that megafamilies would have unconventional arrangements. What I always wonder with houses like this that are SO very custom (kind of like the Duggars) is what they think will happen when the kids go? Who would ever buy this house? Or maybe it doesn't matter once they've paid it off? I don't get that level of not caring about resale.

Yes, I believe that’s right. There’s a full bath with double sinks near the girls room. There’s a full bath with double sink near the boys room. There’s a full bath with a double sink in Braggie and Shaun’s room. Then there’s a full bathroom with one sink in the guest room on the first floor. And a half bath on the first floor. When they moved in, that set up was fine. There were plenty of bathrooms for a family with 5 or 6 kids. But now she has 10 and 7 are boys.  The 3 girls can easily share a bathroom. But 7 boys sharing a bathroom isn’t great. I imagine Ezra and Simon probably want to use the guest bathroom downstairs instead of sharing with a bunch of little boys. 

• Upvote 1

Hey @SuperNova? May I please reframe your narrative?

There are no such thing as ‘wheelchair laws’. There are accessibility laws. The city added ramps in order to comply with federal and State laws so that everyone could access the building. Metal ramps are usually only ever meant to be temporary, because they degrade pretty quick especially in climates where there is snow and ice on a regular basis. I would be thrilled if one of my friends or family moved into such a building because it would mean that I and many other people could access their home easily. As it is, I traded accessibility for well, everything else, and have four steps up to my new home (I use my chair only part time) and I have numerous friends who will never be able to visit my home. Metal ramps may not be seen as beautiful aesthetically, but inclusion will always be gorgeous to me.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

18 hours ago, anachronistic said:

There are no such thing as ‘wheelchair laws’. There are accessibility laws. The city added ramps in order to comply with federal and State laws so that everyone could access the building. Metal ramps are usually only ever meant to be temporary, because they degrade pretty quick especially in climates where there is snow and ice on a regular basis. I would be thrilled if one of my friends or family moved into such a building because it would mean that I and many other people could access their home easily. As it is, I traded accessibility for well, everything else, and have four steps up to my new home (I use my chair only part time) and I have numerous friends who will never be able to visit my home. Metal ramps may not be seen as beautiful aesthetically, but inclusion will always be gorgeous to me.

Folks with ramps into/inside their homes are learning that these ramps can be helpful to anyone, not just those with mobility problems. Sellers of such homes are purposely leaving the ramps in place. They help people move strollers, shopping carts, furniture, etc.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Hane said:

Sellers of such homes are purposely leaving the ramps in place. They help people move strollers, shopping carts, furniture, etc.

Seems to me that a well-made and attractive ramp adds value to a property. 

HGTVWheelchairRampLanding.thumb.jpg.be43a526d1bb4de732190747d8b4e23b.jpg

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Have you counted backwards nine months to see what anniversary or other special holiday was...um, celebrated? My siblings and I counted back and found that one of us was conceived on Valentine's day, another on or about Christmas, and so on. We all laughed but mom was mortified. I was born on mom's birthday, almost nine months to the day of my father's birthday. 

We did but it's like... September/October and not near a birthday or anniversary or anything that I know about. And I was two weeks early - and was due right around my sisters birthday so we'd all have been born within about a 10 day window instead of 10 days apart. It's weird.

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2024 at 3:12 PM, anachronistic said:

Thanks for helping me to see a different viewpoint. I apologise if my comment felt in any way minimizing.

I read your post to my husband and he reminded me that there was only one ramp to the front door and it only made it up to the porch, probably just for the doorbell. It didn't extend to the two steps up into the house. The ramp was huge so I'm not sure why they would stop short of actual accessibility.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Someone got new headshots with her big dumb hat. 

DEEAA4BC-F872-4376-BDB2-8D4F870A37DB.jpeg

I despise Big Dumb Hat. Plus, she's a little late for the upcycled quilt jacket trend. Why does she need so many headshots? Is this an influencer thing, a narcissist thing, or both? I'm sure there's significant overlap between the two. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I despise Big Dumb Hat. Plus, she's a little late for the upcycled quilt jacket trend. Why does she need so many headshots? Is this an influencer thing, a narcissist thing, or both? I'm sure there's significant overlap between the two. 

She’s a published author silly! I have a friend who is a published author (sold way more books than Braggie) and I’m sure she’s never had as many headshots done as Braggie. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 2/12/2024 at 8:48 PM, JDuggs said:

The comments to this photo on Abbie’s IG are interesting. Some outright say they don’t like it, but many choose one feature like the tile and say they love that. Some people commented on loving how Abbie embraces her personal style (not commenting on the personal style). Others make noncommittal comments like Wow! Overall, people were not loving the look all put together and these are probably her followers that actually like her.

I literally thought this was a “before” picture of a room emptied before some major renovation and redecorating. This is the “after” picture? Now I’m confused. It looks so run down and mismatched!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

7 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

I literally thought this was a “before” picture of a room emptied before some major renovation and redecorating. This is the “after” picture? Now I’m confused. It looks so run down and mismatched!

It was the dining room before the flood. And it was jam packed full of stuff before the flood damage. I’m sure she will pack it full of crap again very soon. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Why did she let the little kids go at her with a pair of plastic scissors instead of getting a professional haircut?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I popped over to her Instagram and noticed that you left out the wall-o-text. Abbie doesn't need to post this every month. If people are interested to know more about her, they wouldn't have to scroll back very far. I think she's afraid that someone might casually see a post and not get the full amazing story of God's special Christian with the raddest kids ever.

Like JillRod, the lore seems to grow with every telling. Now Abbie has wanted to be an author since she's was 7 years old. So amazing and inspiring. And her students were in AWE of her because she can learn names. Lamest party trick ever. And my personal fave, she's the only parent in the history of humanity that likes teenagers. She's also better than you because she doesn't drink coffee. I can't even imagine a scenario where I would include that as a fun fact about myself, but then again I'm not a self absorbed asshole. 

Screenshot_20240215-0722142.thumb.png.da18b578b7100a6256d63b549581897e.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 17
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I popped over to her Instagram and noticed that you left out the wall-o-text. Abbie doesn't need to post this every month. If people are interested to know more about her, they wouldn't have to scroll back very far. I think she's afraid that someone might casually see a post and not get the full amazing story of God's special Christian with the raddest kids ever.

Like JillRod, the lore seems to grow with every telling. Now Abbie has wanted to be an author since she's was 7 years old. So amazing and inspiring. And her students were in AWE of her because she can learn names. Lamest party trick ever. And my personal fave, she's the only parent in the history of humanity that likes teenagers. She's also better than you because she doesn't drink coffee. I can't even imagine a scenario where I would include that as a fun fact about myself, but then again I'm not a self absorbed asshole. 

Lol I saw it but rolled my eyes because she just constantly talks about herself in a big wall of text. Does she know that there are tons and tons of Jr High teachers, High school teachers, and college teachers in the US? Who purposely choose to work with teenagers 5 days a week for many years. My best friend being one of them. I know lots of people who actually like teens. I like teens. I will say I do prefer the older teens. But I really like them. They are great to be around for the most part. Of course there are teens I can’t stand, but those are the same people I can’t stand when they are in their 20s and 30s too. Their personality just sucks. It’s not their age. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10

I'm eagerly waiting for Shiloh to become a teenager. Totally think he'll go from most hated child to "I love all teenagers so much!!!!" /s

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Wait, did she forget to mention that she graduated college at, like, thirteen-and-a-half? But how will her new followers know she is the smartest person to ever walk the face of the earth?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17

On 2/15/2024 at 2:32 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder how long she spent in front of a mirror practicing that fake smile. It's so... un-human? Makes my skin crawl.

• Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

She can talk up herself, her husband, and her oldest sons like they are all perfect. Yet she can barely give a complement to Shiloh or the twins. It’s disgusting. 

6420521E-5101-4BF2-865C-07375ABCAF57.jpeg

• Eyeroll 11

And the pics of her renovation. Even the ceiling got replaced, that must've been SOME crazy-ass pipe burst. 🙄 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 2

Did he do the plumbing the first time? The plumbing that flooded her entire first floor forcing them to rip out their entire kitchen (even the upper cabinets!)? Or is that the plan, to have an excuse to do it all again once her design decisions this time are no longer on trend?

• Upvote 12

I don't understand.  They've been out of the house for 6 months.  Didn't they have the plumbing fixed before they installed the cabinets?  My own opinion is that Braggie is just using this post to re-emphasize that the kitchen flooded and that she had nothing to do with it. 

She's aware that a lot of people no longer believe the leak story.  Now she's pretending that they got all moved in but the plumbing line still wasn't repaired so her wonderful Shaun is now under the sink fixing it for her.  That's the story she's selling but I'm not buying it.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic