IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

On 4/2/2024 at 2:15 AM, Ozlsn said:

I'm actually really surprised anything is open at 7am on Easter Sunday. Petrol stations maybe, some fast food chains - but shops selling clothing?! Literally nothing open here. 

I'm in a conservative area of my state and about the only things closed on Sundays are Hobby Lobby and Chick fil a. For the most part the only time stores hours change are Christmas. New Years and Thanksgiving. 

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

I'm in a conservative area of my state and about the only things closed on Sundays are Hobby Lobby and Chick fil a. For the most part the only time stores hours change are Christmas. New Years and Thanksgiving. 

I looked and no clothing stores were open on Easter Sunday. So that’s why I figured she went to Walmart. Because she boycotted Target a long time ago. And the dresses the twins were wearing were from Walmart. 

• Upvote 4

A bunch of stores were closed nationwide this year on Easter: Target, Aldi, kohls, JCPenney, Marshalls et al, and Sam’s club. 

I live in Missouri and the only place open on any Sunday at 7am where you can buy clothes is Walmart. Maybe Menards and their selection of tshirts too lol. 

ETA: our target opens at 8 on regular Sundays. 

Edited by theotherelise
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I looked and no clothing stores were open on Easter Sunday. So that’s why I figured she went to Walmart. Because she boycotted Target a long time ago. And the dresses the twins were wearing were from Walmart. 

Why did she boycott Target? Can’t wait to hear this one.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Why did she boycott Target? Can’t wait to hear this one.

She never said why. But I’m sure it has to do with the transgender bathroom policy of years ago. She has just mentioned in passing that she won’t shop at target ever. If a fundie says that, it’s always the same reason. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

So it's ungodly that stores open on Sundays or Easter,  but it is fine to go shopping that day?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

We still have restricted shopping hours on Good Friday and ANZAC Day. What really restricts things though is penalty rates - it's more expensive to staff shops on weekends, and even more so on public holidays. Out of curiosity I checked when my local Target opens on Sundays - usually 9am, same as every other day, which is early for weekend opening hours (a lot start at 10am, apparently we value sleeping in as a culture). About the only clothing she could have bought at 7am here on Easter Sunday would have been underwear from the supermarket.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I was surprised at how many things were open in Chicago on Easter Sunday.  WAY more stores than in previous years, as far as I can recall.

Any word on what Ezra will be doing after he "graduates" from the SOTDRT?  I hope he's able to go somewhere else and not have to stay in that house looking after the other kids.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bea said:

I was surprised at how many things were open in Chicago on Easter Sunday.  WAY more stores than in previous years, as far as I can recall.

Any word on what Ezra will be doing after he "graduates" from the SOTDRT?  I hope he's able to go somewhere else and not have to stay in that house looking after the other kids.

I believe Braggie said he already graduated last year and will learn from Shawn. So basically he will work for his dad. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 2

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe Braggie said he already graduated last year and will learn from Shawn. So basically he will work for his dad. 

... for free, presumably (or maybe for a small "stipend"). Like every day of his life since he was a little kid.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

51 minutes ago, JillyO said:

... for free, presumably (or maybe for a small "stipend"). Like every day of his life since he was a little kid.

Maybe he will get Pennies? She just loves her Penny reward system 🙄

• Sad 1
  • Haha 5

This just oozes with privilege. But she’s so grateful y’all! How can people read this garbage and not roll their eyes? Braggie says god cares about handles. But not babies starving all over the world? 

21725CBF-5D2A-4947-944A-DBCE005D4F83.jpeg

2DF248D4-9170-4799-BC88-C46AFF13E988.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Eyeroll 27
  • Thank You 1

But... wait. I thought hard is not the same as bad! What an ass hole. I didn't have a washer, dryer, or dishwasher until I was 31 and we were in our first house. Suck it, Braggie. 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 8

We didn't have a dishwasher until I was 16 and we were a 7-person household. No fridge either (but we had a cellar and a large freezer), and definitely no microwave. Does this lady really want us to believe she was the one washing the dishes - or even loading the snappy dishwasher - during the remodel?

• Upvote 11

17 minutes ago, MariaariaM said:

We didn't have a dishwasher until I was 16 and we were a 7-person household. No fridge either (but we had a cellar and a large freezer), and definitely no microwave. Does this lady really want us to believe she was the one washing the dishes - or even loading the snappy dishwasher - during the remodel?

Oh I’m sure her kids do all the dishes. She has multiple children aged 10+. They run that house. If she ever has to do the dishes I’m sure she makes a huge deal out of it. 

I believe her 5 oldest kids are 17, 15, 13, 11, and 11. They are definitely doing a lot of the housework. 

The younger ones are 9, 7, 5, 3, and 3.  

These are all approximate ages. Not exact. They are all close to those ages. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

"Look, I'm just like you!  Our custom cabinets aren't perfect and our several dishwashers aren't either so we had to have EVERYTHING remade and we had to wait - don't you hate that?!"

VERY RELATABLE, ABBIE.

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 17

I can't roll my eyes enough. I'm not a believer, but I find her statement utterly disrespectful. Mixing Jesus and two new diswashers sounds insulting. While I understand feeling blessed because a home improvement, it is ridiculous when the *blessed* is a well-off person than can easily pay for it. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, bea said:

"Look, I'm just like you!  Our custom cabinets aren't perfect and our several dishwashers aren't either so we had to have EVERYTHING remade and we had to wait - don't you hate that?!"

VERY RELATABLE, ABBIE.

Exactly. Such a cross to bear 🙄🙄 SHE IS SO DAMN TONE-DEAF.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I can't roll my eyes enough. I'm not a believer, but I find her statement utterly disrespectful. Mixing Jesus and two new diswashers sounds insulting. While I understand feeling blessed because a home improvement, it is ridiculous when the *blessed* is a well-off person than can easily pay for it. 

I wish she would just acknowledge her extreme privilege just once. But she won’t. Because their amount of money in the bank is because she’s so godly. 🙄 I’m sure my husband makes way less money than Shaun. But I’m always thinking of my extreme privilege in the world. It has nothing to do with how godly I am. And everything to do with being born white, able bodied, cis/het, in the US and all the privilege that goes along with that. 

I think it’s a trigger for me to see other very privileged white women refusing to accept their privilege. It’s like trump acting like his wealth is all due to his hard work🤣

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 3

Yeah there isn't anything wrong with having wealth, but to me a "true Christian" (air-quoting because that sounds so cliche and judgy) would share their time and wealth with those less fortunate. Instead of traipsing around Europe for a month, go for a week and then come home and take the kids to the local homeless shelter, donate some money or items, and serve up some meals. Instead of insisting on all new top of the line everything after The Great Flood, repurpose as much as possible and make a large donation to a charity with the savings. And do it with some humility. If she were to ever do anything charitable, (she won't)  she would totally post all about it and come off sounding pious and braggie. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

There's five different types of drawer handles and knobs in that kitchen pic. It looks like the home improvement store ran out of the style needed so she just threw in whatever had the same finish. I'm sure she was going for eclectic but it's just a mess. The thing is, I like eclectic but this ain't it. 

Abbie has money but no taste or sense of harmony. She's also too proud to have an interior designer come in and help her work with what she already has but it's hard to give advice to someone who already knows it all. 

• Upvote 14

Do you guys think she lies to herself when she lies to everyone on social media? Because I do. I think she convinces herself that everything she posts on social media is 100% true. Of course we see through a lot of it. But not Braggie.

47B444D2-4236-4E71-A912-3A842DB5C639.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 3

On 4/5/2024 at 1:38 PM, Ozlsn said:

We still have restricted shopping hours on Good Friday and ANZAC Day. What really restricts things though is penalty rates - it's more expensive to staff shops on weekends, and even more so on public holidays. Out of curiosity I checked when my local Target opens on Sundays - usually 9am, same as every other day, which is early for weekend opening hours (a lot start at 10am, apparently we value sleeping in as a culture). About the only clothing she could have bought at 7am here on Easter Sunday would have been underwear from the supermarket.

In my country, which in Braggie's eyes is heathen central with it's liberal drug and prostitution laws, it is really hard for stores to get permission to be open on Sundays.
It differs per municipality, but in general on Sunday only grocery stores and drugstores are open, and no earlier than 10 pm and no later than 6 pm. This is slightly different in the 4 biggest cities, where most stores in the city center (but only in the city center) will be open from 12 pm till 5 or 6pm. In my municipality, only grocery stores and drugstores are allowed to open their doors, but only between 12 and 6 pm. (Exceptions are: the halal supermarkets and the weed dispensaries. They are allowed longer opening hours on Sundays.)

During the pandemic, most stores were allowed to expand their opening hours on Sundays, to make sure that not everyone had to visit between 12 and 6. In my municipality the grocery stores were open from 10 am till 8 pm on Sundays during the pandemic. But the local Christian parties fought very hard to limit the opening hours on Sundays again (and they succeeded). 

As an aside, most left-wing parties in this country support there being one day a week where not all stores are open and for the stores that are open to have limited opening hours. This is to protect people from having to work 7 days a week. Most of those parties agree that it doesn't have to be a Sunday (which is why for instance halal grocery stores are exempted on Sundays), but since traditionally a lot was already closed on Sundays, it is easiest to continue with Sunday being that day.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Abbie posted video of the family watching the eclipse and there were zero special glasses in sight. I think Ezra was wearing regular sunglasses. Maybe they put some colloidal silver in their eyes and it’s safer?

• Angry 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 5

13 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

Abbie posted video of the family watching the eclipse and there were zero special glasses in sight. I think Ezra was wearing regular sunglasses. Maybe they put some colloidal silver in their eyes and it’s safer?

She loves to talk about how educated she is and how early she graduated from Josh school and college. But damn she’s stupid. 

Of course she’s reading this trash:

8436C43B-72E5-4B5D-8D63-569068B14FB2.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic