IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

Maybe this is BEC, but why is a 3 1/2 yo sleeping in a crib with the bars up?  Isn't that just basically inviting injury, because he's obviously big enough to climb out of it with ease. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

It's been awhile since Abbie has shown her dislike for parenthood. She's been much better at staying on brand with her toxic positivity since becoming an author but it's sneaking in again. As usual she tells on herself by trotting out the Gentleness Challenge once again. Abbie's here to remind you that children are unpredictable little shits sometimes but just smile and give em a big ol hug! 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20240317-1909262.thumb.png.829160e6ad3597b515e0aa1510325fe7.png

• Thank You 7

On 3/17/2024 at 2:48 AM, danvillebelle said:

Maybe this is BEC, but why is a 3 1/2 yo sleeping in a crib with the bars up?  Isn't that just basically inviting injury, because he's obviously big enough to climb out of it with ease. 

Eh. The advice is generally to keep kids in their cribs as long as they're happy in them (which includes not trying to climb out). My daughter was in hers until she turned three, and we only got her a big girl bed then because we moved abroad and didn't ship our furniture. Otherwise I think she would have been happy as a clam in the crib for quite a while longer. So as long as the twins don't mind and aren't being unsafe, there's absolutely nothing wrong with them still being in cribs.

That said, obviously this is Braggie we're talking about and I doubt she even knows if they do or don't try to climb out. You could probably ask Ezra or Simon, though.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Why is Braggie still cleaning poop off the walls?  The twins are 3 1/2 now.  They might not be toilet trained but they're certainly old enough to know not to use feces to decorate the walls.  Does she just leave them in their room unmonitored for hours?  Has she ignored them for so long that they're feral?  I don't understand.

And children will frequently wake you up before dawn.  It's just what kids do.  You'd think she would understand that by now.  My son said that the four-year-old walked into their bedroom before six the other morning, smiled, and said, "Sorry I'm late."  They laughed.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Xan said:

Why is Braggie still cleaning poop off the walls?  The twins are 3 1/2 now.  They might not be toilet trained but they're certainly old enough to know not to use feces to decorate the walls.  Does she just leave them in their room unmonitored for hours?  Has she ignored them for so long that they're feral?  I don't understand.

And children will frequently wake you up before dawn.  It's just what kids do.  You'd think she would understand that by now.  My son said that the four-year-old walked into their bedroom before six the other morning, smiled, and said, "Sorry I'm late."  They laughed.

Yes. Every huge mess she’s ever complained about was because she left her very young child unsupervised for a decent amount of time. One of them flooded a downstairs bathroom a few years ago because he was left unsupervised for long enough to flood a bathroom. I can’t remember if it was Honor or Shiloh that did the flooding. But she leaves her young children unsupervised and then gets pissed when they make a mess. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 3

We had a poop smearing issue for a couple weeks when little one was like 2.75 years. I definitely didn't post about it on social media (which I don't have)! But it was this awkward time where he was more aware of bodily functions as we were doing potty training and also a chaos monster. He was protesting naps and would poop during them when he got the diaper on then smear. 

My solution was to buy 5T onesies which gerber makes now. We told him he would have to wear one to nap because of smearing the poop. It only took a couple times and then he stopped. We passed the onesies on to a friend whose three year old is severely autistic and diaper digging regularly.

Abbie does this weird thing where she treats Toby/Titus like babies sometimes when they're 3.5 and then like older kids who are free to access every pantry cabinet. If they're typically developing, they can be taught not to poop smear. 

I think they're still in the cribs because they're still in the nursery closet. She said recently that Shiloh is in the small boys bedroom alone. They have 4 bunks in the large boys room, so they are taken right now. They need to either put a small bed in there for Shiloh, or move Ezra/Simon somewhere else. Then the twins can move into the little bedroom.

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

We had a poop smearing issue for a couple weeks when little one was like 2.75 years. I definitely didn't post about it on social media (which I don't have)! But it was this awkward time where he was more aware of bodily functions as we were doing potty training and also a chaos monster. He was protesting naps and would poop during them when he got the diaper on then smear. 

My solution was to buy 5T onesies which gerber makes now. We told him he would have to wear one to nap because of smearing the poop. It only took a couple times and then he stopped. We passed the onesies on to a friend whose three year old is severely autistic and diaper digging regularly.

Abbie does this weird thing where she treats Toby/Titus like babies sometimes when they're 3.5 and then like older kids who are free to access every pantry cabinet. If they're typically developing, they can be taught not to poop smear. 

I think they're still in the cribs because they're still in the nursery closet. She said recently that Shiloh is in the small boys bedroom alone. They have 4 bunks in the large boys room, so they are taken right now. They need to either put a small bed in there for Shiloh, or move Ezra/Simon somewhere else. Then the twins can move into the little bedroom.

That house is ridiculously large with way too many rooms. So we know there’s room for the twins to get out of that tiny nursery closet. She just doesn’t feel like it. 

And I’ve heard of folks with children who have developmental disabilities buying full zip Jammies, cutting off the feet, and putting them on their child backwards. That way the zipper is on the back where hey can’t reach. And that’s how you avoid any poop smears. 

• Upvote 5

On 3/17/2024 at 2:48 AM, danvillebelle said:

I'd guess the fact that the nursery is attached the girls room is related to this.

Or actually, the boys dorm only had 4 beds. Honor and Shiloh are probably still using the toddler room. Perhaps Braggie and Shaun are dragging their feet getting a suitably pinterest-y 5th bed in there, and none of the boys are willing to go back to sleeping on a mattress on the floor. You know, like they had to for months when they first moved in to the house before Abbie and Shaun could be assed to finish their bunks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That house is ridiculously large with way too many rooms. So we know there’s room for the twins to get out of that tiny nursery closet. She just doesn’t feel like it. 

And I’ve heard of folks with children who have developmental disabilities buying full zip Jammies, cutting off the feet, and putting them on their child backwards. That way the zipper is on the back where hey can’t reach. And that’s how you avoid any poop smears. 

Or her mother hasn’t had the time to rearrange the sleeping configurations. If they can’t fashion another room, which in a house that size it should be easy enough, the older boys need to move to the room that the Shiloh and Honor share, and the dorm room needs to be used by the 5 little boys. They’d need to add a standing bed but I’m sure there’s space in that room to accommodate a twin bed. Is the oldest little boy bunking with the near grown men? That’s a ridiculous plan.

• Upvote 4

The girls have the same 4 bunks as the boys in their room. I bet those custom built beds were ridiculously expensive. I’m sure Shiloh could sleep on a bunk bed in the girls’ room. We know they already sister mom those kids. That would free up a room for the twins. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The girls have the same 4 bunks as the boys in their room. I bet those custom built beds were ridiculously expensive. I’m sure Shiloh could sleep on a bunk bed in the girls’ room. We know they already sister mom those kids. That would free up a room for the twins. 

So the bunk room has 4 beds, how many boys sleep in that room? Then there’s a room where 2 younger boys sleep and the closest where the 2 youngest boys sleep. But there’s still a little boy who needs a bed. Are a near 18 YO and 16.5 YO bunking with a 9YO, or are Theo and Honor both in the bunk room and Shiloh is alone in that 2 bed ward? How many kids did they have when they installed those built- in quad beds in the dorms? Was Shiloh already born? 

I’d like to say these 2 are poor planners when it comes to home building, but really I think those decisions are made to give them a reason to seek another kitchen, home, piece of furniture.

• Upvote 5

They make ‘lockout suits’ for kids with special needs but yeah. Poop smearing at 3.5? WTF? I understand still being in pull-ups for naps at that age but why are they trapped in their cribs long enough to smear? Wy aren’t they let up when they wake up? That’s a cry for help or attention to me. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

So the bunk room has 4 beds, how many boys sleep in that room? Then there’s a room where 2 younger boys sleep and the closest where the 2 youngest boys sleep. But there’s still a little boy who needs a bed. Are a near 18 YO and 16.5 YO bunking with a 9YO, or are Theo and Honor both in the bunk room and Shiloh is alone in that 2 bed ward? How many kids did they have when they installed those built- in quad beds in the dorms? Was Shiloh already born? 

I’d like to say these 2 are poor planners when it comes to home building, but really I think those decisions are made to give them a reason to seek another kitchen, home, piece of furniture.

I don't think she's given a sleeping arrangement overview since before Toby and Titus were born, at that time Shiloh was in the nursery, Honor and Theo were in the smaller room, and Ezra and Simon were in the bunk room. I would guess it's now twins in the nursery, Shiloh and Honor in the small room, and the oldest three boys in the bunk room. Though apparently Honor and Theo are pretty close so maybe they are both in the bunk room? Or maybe Shiloh skipped the toddler room and went straight to the bunk room with his brother dads. 

I agree it makes most sense to put the older boys in their own room and the younger boys in the dorm. Though it wouldn't surprise me if Shaun and Abbie were the type to think teenagers shouldn't have privacy.

How many kids did they have when they installed those built- in quad beds in the dorms? Was Shiloh already born? 

I believe they were built before Shiloh was born.

I'd bet Braggie thought she's so super special awesome Jesus would obviously give her a balanced number of boys and girls.

• Upvote 4

I believe on one of Abbie’s Q & As she said that Shiloh had his own room. It stuck out to me because it kind of seemed like a punishment, like none of the boys wanted to be with him, but that’s probably my own bias.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I believe on one of Abbie’s Q & As she said that Shiloh had his own room. It stuck out to me because it kind of seemed like a punishment, like none of the boys wanted to be with him, but that’s probably my own bias.

Not just you. I thought the same when I read that post. It feels very much like an intentional solitary confinement for the child she hates the most. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 4

I agree, Shiloh being in the room alone struck me as isolation. 

The boys bunk has Simon, Ezra, honor, and Theo. Shiloh is in the little bedroom alone  

The girls bunk has Della, Nola, and Evie. 

Toby and Titus are in the closet nursery. 

The boys hangout room could be Simon and Ezra’s with the middle three in the bunk and the twins in the little room. Brother dad could still be in place for helping all of them in that arrangement. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

It’s a shame the boys’ rooms didn’t get ruined in the great flood. 🙃

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, JillyO said:

It’s a shame the boys’ rooms didn’t get ruined in the great flood. 🙃

Only the things Braggie hated and couldn’t sell on fb marketplace got ruined. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

How wonderful and special for her -- because she is so so godly and Jesus loves her bestest of all and knew she wanted needed deserved a fancy expensive new stove and cabinets and counter tops and dining room table and .... and..... and........

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Abbie completely lacks social awareness. Instead of taking to the www to announce every curtain, lamp, custom appliance and piece of furniture that she’s procured since the biggest flood since the one that necessitated an ark, she could have silently picked up some new stuff and integrated it without anyone being the wiser. When she started replacing stuff high up on the walls and then advertised that she was selling floor to ceiling dining room curtains that MIRACULOUSLY were undamaged in the epic flood, I knew this event was greatly exaggerated and likely  staged- 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3

Braggie is humble brag lying again. She played a video of Evy playing the piano. She’s is doing a good job. And Braggie says she’s been taking lessons for 2 years. That’s a lie. I think a lot of us can remember when she was giving her twin girls piano lessons herself. And complaining like crazy about it online. She was being a mommy martyr. She hated teaching them but still didn’t hire anyone to do it. I would guess that was about 5 years ago. So no, they’ve not only had lessons for 2 years. She’s only counting the lessons where she paid someone. Evy had lessons longer than 2 years. But she wants readers to think her kids pick up music so fast and they are just brilliant. 

• Upvote 13

She also had a pic of Shiloh and the twinbies and talked about cutting their hair.  In the picture, the twins still have long curly hair.  Shiloh look like he has a prison camp haircut -- very short and choppy looking.  

• Sad 10
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Xan said:

She also had a pic of Shiloh and the twinbies and talked about cutting their hair.  In the picture, the twins still have long curly hair.  Shiloh look like he has a prison camp haircut -- very short and choppy looking.  

She never held back her disappointment that the last few kids were boys…I do remember with 1 of the last 3 she announced that they thought the baby was a girl, I think it was the twin pregnancy, before they knew the babies were mono-mono. Those are some darling little boys.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Xan said:

If she gets attention because they have long curly hair, she will keep it a little while. She needs so much attention it’s pathetic. She would die if she couldn’t get on social media for 48 hours to get her narcissistic supply from humpers. 

• Upvote 5

How old are Toby and Titty now? Are they 2 or 3?

• Upvote 2