IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

19 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Did he do the plumbing the first time?

My question too.

I realize that many people do various plumbing jobs themselves but maybe, just maybe, they could for once hire a real plumber to do this installation work.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

And the pics of her renovation. Even the ceiling got replaced, that must've been SOME crazy-ass pipe burst. 🙄 

I found an old video of her dining room. They didn’t replace the walls, ceiling or light fixture. The only change is the floor. Pic from last July.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9cd146061a737334e4bd2e5b537d036b.png

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

My question too.

I realize that many people do various plumbing jobs themselves but maybe, just maybe, they could for once hire a real plumber to do this installation work.

Yes, AH stated on IG that SH did do the plumbing the first time-

• Thank You 4

I mean, faulty hoses do happen. It seems like none of the actual plumbing in the wall or ground burst. What he is installing in her video is the connections to dishwasher, garbage disposal, and faucet. You definitely don’t finish those until the cabinets are in. 

My favorite thing they replaced when they didn’t have to is the stove hood. They had a fancy wood one before and a different fancy wood one now.

my least favorite part of her kitchen is the peeling-paint surround things on the ceiling where the island lights hang down. That is the straw for me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Yes, she got a new hood, upper cabinets, tile, and countertops. None were damaged by the water but she hated those countertops. So she needed new ones. She also complained of the paint chipping on the cabinets. I guarantee they had their new cabinets professionally painted this time. She loves to brag about how they did everything themselves. Like those shitty countertops and painted cabinets. But now she’s got it professionally done and will continue to brag that they did everything themselves. 

• Upvote 16

My enduring question is how did they get insurance to pay for all the things not damaged by the faulty hose/ flooded floor?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

I don’t think they did get insurance to pay for everything. I’m not even convinced insurance paid for all the rental stay. I just think they’re rich and this doesn’t even make a dent. 

Edited by theotherelise
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9

36 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

I don’t think they did get insurance to pay for everything. I’m not even convinced insurance paid for all the rental stay. I just think they’re rich and this doesn’t even make a dent. 

This is my thought. Zsu managed to grift a shit ton from insurance. I'm convinced all she and PP paid for was their deductible. Braggie probably got as much as she could and just paid out of pocket for the rest while pretending like insurance covered most of it. 

• Upvote 7

Their bedrooms were absolutely fine. Their bathrooms were fine. There is no way on earth that insurance would pay for them to stay elsewhere. Any other family would just have to rely on microwave cooking and take out for a few weeks until the floors were redone or whatever. I'm sure that their fridge was fine. As I've mentioned, my mother had a similar thing happen with a leak behind her fridge a year and a half ago and insurance paid for mold remediation, and for a replacing the floor up to a threshold. (As it turned out, her condo doesn't have thresholds except to the bathroom, so she got all of her floors refinished.) The whole refinishing process took about five days and they would have paid for them to stay in a hotel except that they have a second home they just want to instead. My mother worked in insurance/finance for decades, writing the codes and programming, and I'm certain that her insurance was as good or much better than Abbie’s. It was an ordeal, it was unpleasant, (it was made very much more unpleasant by the fact that the initial leak /kitchen flood happened when I was hospitalized for my spinal fusion and the mold was discovered some weeks later when my mother had Covid) and yes, it took many months because insurance is slow and it's hard to find good contractors, but it was nowhere near what this whole saga that Abby has made up. People have built entire houses in less time! I know that the show extreme makeover home edition was slapdash and sloppy but it was probably about the same quality that Abbies original kitchen was and they flipped those houses in a week ffs.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, theotherelise said:

Yep. They are the ones who took a 6 week trip through Europe with 13 people. That trip had to cost $100,000. 

• Upvote 9

12 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I found an old video of her dining room. They didn’t replace the walls, ceiling or light fixture. The only change is the floor. Pic from last July.

Hide contents

Ah ok. My bad. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Reveal hidden contents

YET, They haven’t replaced them, yet. Give it 3 months until AH’s boredom kicks in, and she’s manically changing out wallpaper and lightening @ 3:30 AM.

When someone commented that the new floors clash with the ceilings AH replied that she “liked the look.” I’ve always found her home decor and style to look as if someone vomited up an array of mismatching crap. I know AH views herself as rad and edgy, but I think she just is an empty shell and tries to make herself feel important and better by buying and collecting stuff, including children. How long before they move again? Recently, she did hint that this might not be their last home.

• Upvote 12

7 hours ago, theotherelise said:

Yeah I'm not seeing insurance paying for what looks like a very expensive new double wide stove. Abbie just hated the way having two stoves next to each other looked.

You know, if they had gotten the concrete counter done professionally, they may have been warned about the high susceptibility to staining. But conservative christians in general seem to be really reluctant to admit they're not experts in anything. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Abbie blocked me on Instagram. I must have liked a comment on a post that was critical of her.

Fundies really can't handle opposing viewpoints...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Abbie blocked me on Instagram. I must have liked a comment on a post that was critical of her.

Fundies really can't handle opposing viewpoints...

That’s why she blocked me. She’s just a younger Lori Alexander.

• Upvote 7

Why did they need to replace the 2 stoves? I noticed they bought a verrrrrrrry high end replacement. She is a lonely, miserable person trying to buy happiness.

• Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Why did they need to replace the 2 stoves? I noticed they bought a verrrrrrrry high end replacement. She is a lonely, miserable person trying to buy happiness.

She’s a narcissist constantly trying to impress people online with how much of a super stylish mommy martyr she is. She would die if she couldn’t post every day in order to get her narcissistic supply of back pats. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Because the two cheaper stove's aren't going to attract "OMG I love your stove" comments.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Because the two cheaper stove's aren't going to attract "OMG I love your stove" comments.

It reminds me of Ballerina Farm. She got a lot of stove complements too. Come to find out it is like $30,000 stove. It’s easy to have nice stuff and look like the perfect mom when you’re rich. 

• Upvote 15

Just say you wanted to renovate, Abbie.  It's okay.  Nobody thinks you're "relatable" anyway, because you're not.

We had all of the floors on the first floor replaced when we lived in our little 100+yo house, when Older was a baby.  Packed ourselves up for about....four days?  And stayed with family.  When we spiffed everything up before we sold, we didn't even stay elsewhere, just got takeout and ate frozen pizza (which the kids thought was awesome because no vegetables).

Abbie is really torn between the messages of "I'm super special because God loves me more" and "I'm just like YOU!  Only maybe a little better."

Edited by bea
riffle
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

Is she replacing that weird, chipped, pale green "vintage" door next to the kitchen? Or did that miraculously stay undamaged?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Ausje said:

Is she replacing that weird, chipped, pale green "vintage" door next to the kitchen? Or did that miraculously stay undamaged?

They're getting rid of it and opening the pantry to the kitchen so it's more of a butlers pantry. One the one hand, having two doors with drastically different heights right next to each other did look odd. But on the other hand it seems like they're losing a lot of storage space. 

• Upvote 3

Yep, I just wish AH didn’t obfuscate or distort reality so much. She claims to be a Christian but literally lies online all the time. Why didn't she just admit that the original kitchen was only meant to be temporary, was done on the cheap, and now they have the extra money to renovate and spend on the fancy upgrades. There is no need to lie…a burst pipe would not require replacing upper cabinets, stoves and countertops. Why couldn’t she just admit that she’s very particular, wants certain items and has the money to splurge?????? Just be honest for Christ’s sake. Thou shall not lie- it’s in the words of your savior and leader, AH. You know, the concept, I’m sure.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 7

So before she had 2 more basic ranges, and now she has a very high end 60 inch replacement. There is no way insurance paid for that upgrade. In AH’s words “she got it on deep discount.” I think that’s also untrue. Heck, it’s even a special color as opposed to your standard stainless. These kind of ranges are quite expensive, but so is basically gutting a 5 YO kitchen.

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

41 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

So before she had 2 more basic ranges, and now she has a very high end 60 inch replacement. There is no way insurance paid for that upgrade. In AH’s words “she got it on deep discount.” I think that’s also untrue. Heck, it’s even a special color as opposed to your standard stainless. These kind of ranges are quite expensive, but so is basically gutting a 5 YO kitchen.

Deep discount means the original price was $15,000 and she got it for $10,000. 

She’s currently selling Anthropologie brand curtains that she hung up a month before the flood. They were in the dining room. As you can see, the windows go almost to the floor. So I imagine those curtains did too. Yet she says the flood water didn’t touch the curtains. Isn’t that interesting? 

A8CF2871-A8DF-48C1-B0A0-89C40BE27CEB.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic