IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, PopRox said:

How old are Toby and Titty now? Are they 2 or 3?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

• 2 weeks later...

Abbie can't even be nice on Easter. Sorry, Resurrection Day. She could have just said happy whatever and posted her family photo and went on her merry little way but nope. She has to be an insufferable know it all. 

Screenshot_20240331-1941332.png.6fd781d5ea2104f242cbf8c29bf56e3a.png

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 11

Evangelicals think Christian’s have believed the substiutionary atonement theory the whole time. It’s really a much more modern belief than all that. it took me deconstructing before I even discovered there were different atonement theories. 

This is like when they say “well I’m a Bible believing Christian!” As if that clears up anything. 

• Upvote 9

Braggie just likes to be a show off know it all. Oh you think you’re right about Jesus? Ha! I’m Braggie and I know everything about Christianity! Be ashamed of your pitiful knowledge. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

"He was pierced for our transgression" and "by his wounds we are healed" is just so effed up.  It's about a deity who requires punishment.  This is the fundies in a nutshell.  They believe children should be punished for almost anything and heathens should be punished for not believing in the correct ways.  It isn't enough to be penitent or do good works.  No, dammit.  You need punishment!  

This is why I have trouble with religion now.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

I was more interested in Abbie’s 7 a.m. shopping spree on Easter morning for church clothes for ten kids. Is a thrift store or some other store open that early on Easter? There’s no way every kid needed a new outfit. I’m not sure what she was trying to prove.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f54a5aa9720cc72d9c1f4cddaf70f266.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 14
  • WTF 7

2 hours ago, Xan said:

"He was pierced for our transgression" and "by his wounds we are healed" is just so effed up.  It's about a deity who requires punishment.  This is the fundies in a nutshell.  They believe children should be punished for almost anything and heathens should be punished for not believing in the correct ways.  It isn't enough to be penitent or do good works.  No, dammit.  You need punishment!  

This is why I have trouble with religion now.

The only explanation for the crucifixion that ever made in-story sense to me without making God look like a total dick is if God and Satan were equally powerful and they'd made a deal about who could have which souls to play with in the afterlife. As time goes on God, disappointed in his share, realizes the rules are too strict for people to follow, so he promises Satan his own son's soul provided everyone gets another chance at coming over to his side. Satan agrees but of course when Jesus actually dies God is like "Psych! I'm claiming the new loophole for him as well!". Of course that wouldn't make God look very powerful or all-knowing but at least he wouldn't be a dick who's just generally ok with people getting tortured for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever. Which, as Minecraft likes to remind us, is a long time.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I was more interested in Abbie’s 7 a.m. shopping spree on Easter morning for church clothes for ten kids. Is a thrift store or some other store open that early on Easter? There’s no way every kid needed a new outfit. I’m not sure what she was trying to prove.

Hide contents

New Easter clothes for all but Shiloh is wearing a t-shirt. Sure, Jan. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, SuperNova said:

New Easter clothes for all but Shiloh is wearing a t-shirt. Sure, Jan. 

Isn't it Honor? Shiloh wears a blue skirt.

• Upvote 2

So did she go shopping at Walmart on Easter? I think she has said she doesn’t shop at Target? I feel like Walmart is probably the only place open at 7am on Easter. And there definitely wasn’t time to wash those clothes before wearing them. Gross. 

• Upvote 10

16 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Hide contents

I'll go with stupidity.  And lies.  There is no way a thrift store was open that early on a Sunday in East Texas.  Especially EASTER Sunday.

ETA OK, she didn't say thrift store, so probably Wally World.  Still a waste of time and money.

Edited by zeebaneighba
  • Upvote 6

Only Braggie would brag about buying her 10 kids Easter clothes at Walmart on Sunday morning. If she didn’t live in a giant house, wasn’t white, and quite poor, everyone and their sister mom would look down on her for this. Because she’s white and has money, people just think it’s quirky/funny. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 9

18 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Hide contents

It's because Easter (or whatever holiday) stuff goes on clearance on the day of the holiday. She was shopping on the cheap. No medal. There's nothing wrong with shopping sales, just be honest. 

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Hide contents

I don't get this either. Why does everyone need new things and kind of rough for the older kids to just have Mom picking out all their clothes.

• Upvote 7

Great that Abbie can talk argue about the Jesus stuff. Too bad she hasn’t figured out how to actually put that Christian faith into action by fulfilling that greatest of commandments, loving the neighbor as much as thy self.

She is as equally inspiring and irritating as a swarm of mosquitos.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I don't get this either. Why does everyone need new things and kind of rough for the older kids to just have Mom picking out all their clothes.

This crazy, bragging shrew lives to shop. She probably shops on line every day. So why wasn't her Easter clothes shopping done? She is so insufferable.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

This crazy, bragging shrew lives to shop. She probably shops on line every day. So why wasn't her Easter clothes shopping done? She is so insufferable.

She had to have a reason to be out of the house.  That way, the girls and the older boys could make an Easter breakfast.  Abbie is getting about as lazy as JillRod.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Not to be pedantic, Abbie but you stated “Gospel truth” and then quoted the Old Testament. Yes, you believe that Jesus was the fulfillment of the Hebrew Scriptures BUT you cannot state that Isaiah is the Gospel. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So did she go shopping at Walmart on Easter? I think she has said she doesn’t shop at Target? I feel like Walmart is probably the only place open at 7am on Easter. And there definitely wasn’t time to wash those clothes before wearing them. Gross. 

I'm actually really surprised anything is open at 7am on Easter Sunday. Petrol stations maybe, some fast food chains - but shops selling clothing?! Literally nothing open here. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I'm actually really surprised anything is open at 7am on Easter Sunday. Petrol stations maybe, some fast food chains - but shops selling clothing?! Literally nothing open here. 

I just looked at a list of what stores are open on Easter. And Walmart is one of the few open on Easter. So yes, it’s very likely she went to Walmart for their Easter clothes before church. 

• Upvote 5

It’s hilarious to me that she is nattering on about theological semantics and shopping on Easter Sunday.  My parents who are Calvanist Reformed strongly believe in Biblical inerrancy as well but in their minds shopping on Sunday is breaking the 4th commandment and therefore a great sin.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

7 minutes ago, treehugger said:

It’s hilarious to me that she is nattering on about theological semantics and shopping on Easter Sunday.  My parents who are Calvanist Reformed strongly believe in Biblical inerrancy as well but in their minds shopping on Sunday is breaking the 4th commandment and therefore a great sin.  

Braggie has a shopping problem. She buys and sells things on a whim. She sold a year old couch to buy the exact same couch in a different color. That’s how much she buys and sells things. You don’t see how much she buys because she sells very quickly too. If she didn’t sell as quickly, her house would be packed. 

• Upvote 9

On 3/18/2024 at 1:41 PM, Xan said:

And children will frequently wake you up before dawn.  It's just what kids do.  You'd think she would understand that by now.  My son said that the four-year-old walked into their bedroom before six the other morning, smiled, and said, "Sorry I'm late."  They laughed.

Our son wakes between 5 and 5.30am. Every single morning. He usually doesn’t take naps anymore during the day at 3 years old and stays up until 8-8.30pm. Yep. He only sleeps 9 hours. 9 and a half when we’re really lucky. Apparently 11-13 hours would be more normal for his age. But what can we do? We cannot force him to sleep earlier/longer, he’s well-rested at 5am, he simply doesn’t need more sleep.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

21 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

Our son wakes between 5 and 5.30am. Every single morning. He usually doesn’t take naps anymore during the day at 3 years old and stays up until 8-8.30pm. Yep. He only sleeps 9 hours. 9 and a half when we’re really lucky. Apparently 11-13 hours would be more normal for his age. But what can we do? We cannot force him to sleep earlier/longer, he’s well-rested at 5am, he simply doesn’t need more sleep.

That’s my older son. He always slept less than average for his age. He was the most alert newborn I had ever seen. It was exhausting. My younger son slept more normally and it really freaked me out at first. I thought there was something wrong with him! Nope. He was just sleeping a normal amount. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

High sleep needs vs low sleep needs. It’s a thing-

• Upvote 6