IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

Yeah, everything is clean and not raggedy, and I think the pieces would be fine on their own, and not something I would look twice at if I saw someone wearing them, but altogether it just looks bad. The jumper was definitely intended to be worn without another shirt underneath it, and the shirt is so colorful I don't know why you would want to cover up the pattern that you presumably like with the jumper.

• Upvote 7

I really think that jumper wouldn’t look good on most people. There are some pieces of clothing that look good on basically everyone and pieces of clothing that look good on very few. She should probably just get rid of that white jumper altogether. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

If it were a dress instead of jumper and her hair was 3 ft longer, it would be giving apostolic church vibes. 

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Shaun told Abbie like it is, but she wore it anyway. She does have a unique sense of style.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.570a6e70ebaf6aef86ae50fd77a0f2ea.png

If "Main Character Syndrome" had a picture, this would be it. 

• Haha 14
  • Love 1

I guess she has received some snark about her new kitchen. She strongly disagrees with the comments that allude to them “trumping up” the damage in order to get a more elaborate kitchen. The way she phrased it made me think they wanted a new kitchen and came up with a plausible excuse as to why a 5 YO kitchen needed to be basically gutted to the upper cabinets- Yep the floor had water damage and needed to go, but I doubt that huge island/eating area with the concrete surface needed to be destroyed. And the stoves? Give me a break. Biotch wanted a new and higher quality kitchen-

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12

Braggie will never admit it. I would probably respect her a tiny bit if she did. But she will make excuses and lie about it forever. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie will never admit it. I would probably respect her a tiny bit if she did. But she will make excuses and lie about it forever. 

And she is free to lie her ass off, but then she needs to STHU about her faith and how her life and decisions are based on the Bible which she believes is the literal word of God. 

• Upvote 12

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And she is free to lie her ass off, but then she needs to STHU about her faith and how her life and decisions are based on the Bible which she believes is the literal word of God. 

Fat chance. She’s always been the biggest hypocrite when it comes to Christianity. Like many fundies. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/29/2024 at 11:46 AM, Giraffe said:

If "Main Character Syndrome" had a picture, this would be it. 

I guess you're right considering the source. But honestly I don't have much of an issue with her outfit. It's ugly as all hell but I really do think people can and should wear whatever they want without thinking of how it looks to others. I'm a big believer in the idea that you only live once and there's no award at the end of your life for fitting in. You might as well wear what you please. It hits a little different from Abbie because she's a judgemental b*tch. There's no way that she would extend the same grace to a woman in a low cut blouse.  

I sew my own clothes and rarely think about how I'm viewed by others and as a result I end up wearing things that are...eye catching. Maybe someone out there thinks I have main character syndrome. I wish that I could wear what I please and not have anyone look at me but that's not how the world works. There are outfits that I won't wear if I don't feel up to being openly stared at. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 9

I think that if anyone else wore that outfit, I'd not care even a little - and if it were all Chanel or something, it would be featured on IG somewhere as a daring couture outfit.  But it's her and it's tacky BECAUSE it's her, because she's so convinced of her Stylish Mom of Many (tm) status. 

The kitchen was terrible before, will probably be terrible in a DIFFERENT way now.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

On 2/4/2024 at 8:48 AM, bea said:

I think that if anyone else wore that outfit, I'd not care even a little - and if it were all Chanel or something, it would be featured on IG somewhere as a daring couture outfit.  But it's her and it's tacky BECAUSE it's her, because she's so convinced of her Stylish Mom of Many (tm) status. 

The kitchen was terrible before, will probably be terrible in a DIFFERENT way now.

Abbie is a prime example of the saying, money can't buy taste. I love an eclectic look but she doesn't seem to have a solid grasp on cohesiveness.

I used to work at an upscale home store that sold useless items like Baccarat crystal squirrels for 800 dollars. There was also a large selection of wedding China that went for insane prices. I worked in the seasonal decor section and had customers who literally had no taste of their own. Every year at Christmas a designer would come in and make a dozen or so custom styled trees from that year's stock. Then customers would come in and ask which theme was the most expensive and that's the one they would pick. Each theme also had accompanying decor like candle holders or nutcrackers, etc. It wasn't unusual for someone to drop 3k on something that would be used for a single season. It was ridiculous but there are many Abbie types out there who don't care about anything except spending the money. What makes her somewhat unique is her incessant need to pretend that she's getting a bargain or that she remodeled on the cheap. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie is a prime example of the saying, money can't buy taste. I love an eclectic look but she doesn't seem to have a solid grasp on cohesiveness.

I used to work at an upscale home store that sold useless items like Baccarat crystal squirrels for 800 dollars. There was also a large selection of wedding China that went for insane prices. I worked in the seasonal decor section and had customers who literally had no taste of their own. Every year at Christmas a designer would come in and make a dozen or so custom styled trees from that year's stock. Then customers would come in and ask which theme was the most expensive and that's the one they would pick. Each theme also had accompanying decor like candle holders or nutcrackers, etc. It wasn't unusual for someone to drop 3k on something that would be used for a single season. It was ridiculous but there are many Abbie types out there who don't care about anything except spending the money. What makes her somewhat unique is her incessant need to pretend that she's getting a bargain or that she remodeled on the cheap. 

Her style is like Jill’s. She is a shopaholic with a house full of knick knacks and a closet busting with clothes. Yet she can’t put together a decent outfit to save her life. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

46 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her style is like Jill’s. She is a shopaholic with a house full of knick knacks and a closet busting with clothes. Yet she can’t put together a decent outfit to save her life. 

Yes but if either of them put together a "normal" outfit how would the world know how very special they are? Both of them know how to create the most attention for themselves and clothing is the simplest, quickest way to do that. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Yes but if either of them put together a "normal" outfit how would the world know how very special they are? Both of them know how to create the most attention for themselves and clothing is the simplest, quickest way to do that. 

True. I’m such an opposite thinking person that sometimes it doesn’t occur to me someone is doing it for attention. I literally wear boring solid clothing most of the time because I like being invisible in public.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

In her latest stories area on Instagram, Braggie has a short video from a homeschooling mom showing her children doing schoolwork.  She says, "These are not the little things.  This is not the simple life.  This is war.  I'm sharpening my arrows."  It made me unreasonably angry.  WTH?  Lady, these are your kids and not your weapons against modern society.  They have lives of their own and you are not at war, you idiot.  And Braggie is just as big an idiot for posting it.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Xan said:

In her latest stories area on Instagram, Braggie has a short video from a homeschooling mom showing her children doing schoolwork.  She says, "These are not the little things.  This is not the simple life.  This is war.  I'm sharpening my arrows."  It made me unreasonably angry.  WTH?  Lady, these are your kids and not your weapons against modern society.  They have lives of their own and you are not at war, you idiot.  And Braggie is just as big an idiot for posting it.

A hugggggggggge difference between non fundies (and people who don’t collect children for a living) and fundies is the former see children as individual entities and not possessions. JB can act like his children are like beautiful flowers, but I seriously doubt he has an authentic relationship with any of his children. There is no there, there. Abbie H doesn’t give 2 shites about those 10 children. She just likes sex and is too lazy to consistently use BC. Abbie is one of those people who uses religion as both a shield to protect herself,  and a sword to cut down others.  The worst of the worst.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

On 2/5/2024 at 9:31 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now I imagine Braggie in some of Jills more (in)famous clothing pieces. Like that bizarre denim mermaid skirt ...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

On 1/24/2024 at 9:25 AM, 3splenty said:

My house theme is, we live here. Welcome to the chaos.

We must have the same decorator!! Ha ha ha - seriously - I have an 11 year old, two cats a dog. I try - but it's like shoveling in a snowstorm. 

I regularly say things like "Well - maybe in like.. 10 years I'll have a house clean and that STAYS clean for more than 7 minutes..." 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Meggo said:

We must have the same decorator!! Ha ha ha - seriously - I have an 11 year old, two cats a dog. I try - but it's like shoveling in a snowstorm. 

I regularly say things like "Well - maybe in like.. 10 years I'll have a house clean and that STAYS clean for more than 7 minutes..." 

I have resorted to watching cleaning and organising videos on YouTube in the hope that I won’t have to wait 12+more years to have SOME type of “nice” house. I have a slob, a wannabe minimalist and a borderline hoarder, 2 young cats and an old dog. It’s not pretty! 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I'm at the point where I am looking forward to living alone at some point in my life so the mess stays where I left it. Granted if it happens it'll probably be in a nursing home, and the mess will still keep moving! My house theme is currently "find the floor".

• Upvote 8

My house was cleaner when the kids lived here, I worked, and we were ALL gone most of the time. Now it’s 2 oldsters, retirement and 2, long haired, large Goldens who run the place. Having someone/something in your home 24/7 is realllllllly messy.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I keep saying that the first day all the kids are in school I will sit and enjoy the quiet and a full cup of coffee. The second day I'll clean while I have no one underfoot!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I keep saying that the first day all the kids are in school I will sit and enjoy the quiet and a full cup of coffee. The second day I'll clean while I have no one underfoot!

That is basically what I did when school started this year! First day I watched TV during the day (something I NEVER normally do) and the second day I started tidying to get everything ready to start cleaning. It’s week 2 and I almost am ready to start cleaning 😩

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Mrs Ms said:

That is basically what I did when school started this year! First day I watched TV during the day (something I NEVER normally do) and the second day I started tidying to get everything ready to start cleaning. It’s week 2 and I almost am ready to start cleaning 😩

Yeah, I'm thinking the cleaning is not going to be a one-day project!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Yeah, I'm thinking the cleaning is not going to be a one-day project!

This week has turned my brain to mush and I can’t math. It’s only been a 4 day week (public holiday this week) since all 3 have been in school. The teenager graced me with his presence almost all of last week. So much decluttering has made it feel like a month though!

Edited by Mrs Ms
Can’t math or grammar today
  • Love 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic