IGNORED

M is for Mama 17

Coconut Flan

I think she cut the younger boys hair short for a while but Shiloh is the only one who still has that haircut.

Spoiler

Screenshot(17242).thumb.png.e10fc27a94154d02e58693997591bad6.pngScreenshot(17243).thumb.png.a9a1848f95632b14fea281425d1df3e3.pngScreenshot(17244).thumb.png.2aa701261fbbb209b613d43c4b4a645b.png

Remember when she shaved Shiloh’s head when he was around 4 months old? Because she thought his hair looked bad. It didn’t grow much on top but more on the sides. He was a newborn! Who cares? Braggie, that’s who. The most superficial woman on earth.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Don't worry guys, they managed to salvage the wallpaper on the dining side of the kitchen space. Upper cabinets had to go, but wallpaper she loves still was just fine. 

• Eyeroll 12
  • Haha 7

On 12/12/2023 at 11:48 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

God I hate that big dumb hat. 

8A5650AC-C65F-4486-9A0B-9E875F3AFE88.jpeg

The hat gives her a look of a medieval halo. I bet she did that on purpose.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

We've established she looks ridiculous in that hat. Anywho, that pic on the bottom of Xan's post - Braggie's standing in such a way that she's blocking one of the girls. In another family I wouldn't think twice but in Braggie's family it looks like Braggie's almost shoving her out of the way so she won't take Braggie's photo glory. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

We've established she looks ridiculous in that hat. Anywho, that pic on the bottom of Xan's post - Braggie's standing in such a way that she's blocking one of the girls. In another family I wouldn't think twice but in Braggie's family it looks like Braggie's almost shoving her out of the way so she won't take Braggie's photo glory. 

AH always has to be front and center in every photo.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Quartz countertops of course. She has to get whatever is trendy and expensive right now. 

2A045E82-D8C9-488D-AA49-A5B3BD573489.jpeg

And yet she will still no doubt boast about the DIY house when really nothing they DIY’d for the kitchen was lasting. As is obvious now, when given the choice, going the professional route was much more desirable and cohesive than continuing to push the DIY thing. But I’m sure she’ll never admit to that. 

I'm not going to subscribe to the newsletter to see the giant stove. But previously she said they did two side-by-side stoves vs a super expansive large stove to keep things more economical. I guess that’s all gone by the wayside now that she’s a “best-selling author.” 🙄

• Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, HadToSayIt said:

And yet she will still no doubt boast about the DIY house when really nothing they DIY’d for the kitchen was lasting. As is obvious now, when given the choice, going the professional route was much more desirable and cohesive than continuing to push the DIY thing. But I’m sure she’ll never admit to that. 

I'm not going to subscribe to the newsletter to see the giant stove. But previously she said they did two side-by-side stoves vs a super expansive large stove to keep things more economical. I guess that’s all gone by the wayside now that she’s a “best-selling author.” 🙄

Yep. She’s spending money like she’s Elon Musk. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

If I was the mother of ten and had a bunch of little boys running around, I'd maybe not put as many sharp corners in my new kitchen.  Granite countertops could have had rounded corners.  Braggie has got sharp edges sticking out everywhere.  I look at that kitchen and all I see are lots of trips to the urgent care facility.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Xan said:

If I was the mother of ten and had a bunch of little boys running around, I'd maybe not put as many sharp corners in my new kitchen.  Granite countertops could have had rounded corners.  Braggie has got sharp edges sticking out everywhere.  I look at that kitchen and all I see are lots of trips to the urgent care facility.

Oh she doesn’t give a single shit about childproofing. If her kid hits his head on a corner and needs stitches, she will act like the child is trying to piss her off and be a martyr over it. While writing about it and how godly she is. 

• Upvote 13

I don’t think the butlers pantry is a butlers pantry. Even if they put doors or something on it, it’s just an alcove with built in storage. There is nothing hidden about it, it doesn’t connect between the dining and kitchen, it doesn’t have serious prep space or a sink. I don’t cavort with people who have butlers pantries, but I know what one looks like and that ain’t it. 

The white oak is really trendy right now. If she keeps up the trendy factor, she’ll probably get one of those 20-50k stoves other influencers have. 

• Upvote 7

She acts like her kitchen was wiped out in a tornado or a hurricane. I'm pretty certain that people who have had their kitchen wiped out in a a tornado or a a hurricane have done less remodeling than she has right there. It was no disaster. It was a mess, an annoyance, an inconvenience. 

Also I would love, love to comment, ‘so besides the courts countertops, which you've told us about our new, what else did you change? Because it looks the same to me.’ This is because it does to me. I'm not a visual person at all and although I do know what I like, I very often don't notice visual details or anything like that at all. Her kitchen is shaped the same and things are in the same spot as they were before, and I really wouldn't know if a counter was quartz or steel or what. Ditto for cabinets.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Well, she got a lot of water on the floor.  For most people, that would just mean doing something with the flooring or, if there was a lot of water for a long time, something with the lower cabinets.  Braggie replaced almost everything.  I doubt that the water was high enough to affect the wiring in the dishwashers or the stoves but Braggie got new ones anyway.  And someone explain to me why you'd need a new sink.  

We know that she regretted her choice of countertops.  That's maybe the only thing I'll let slide because I wouldn't want concrete either.  I think she regretted the choice of blue cabinets and wanted to jump onto the neutrals craze in decorating.   @anachronistic is correct.  The layout is pretty much the same.

It must be nice to have so much disposable income that you can just get a brand new kitchen the way that most people buy a new set of dishtowels.  It's also dishonest to blame the whole thing on a flood and act as if insurance is fine paying for it.  I doubt that even her fangirls believe that.

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Xan said:

It must be nice to have so much disposable income that you can just get a brand new kitchen the way that most people buy a new set of dishtowels.  It's also dishonest to blame the whole thing on a flood and act as if insurance is fine paying for it.  I doubt that even her fangirls believe that.

This is what gets me. No one cares if, when the kitchen flooded, she took the opportunity to remodel the kitchen. What I take issue with is the insinuation that it needed to be done. C'mon, are you serious?! Your concrete countertops couldn't deal with some water?? It's the intentional deception that gets me. It was the same thing Zsu pulled. How hard is it to say "the damage was more extensive than we thought so we've decided to gut it and start over." Instead it becomes this woowoo, "I am so special to god that he made sure I could sucker the insurance company into paying for a shit-ton more than they would've otherwise. Praise god!"

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Xan said:

Well, she got a lot of water on the floor.  For most people, that would just mean doing something with the flooring or, if there was a lot of water for a long time, something with the lower cabinets.  Braggie replaced almost everything.  I doubt that the water was high enough to affect the wiring in the dishwashers or the stoves but Braggie got new ones anyway.  And someone explain to me why you'd need a new sink.  

We know that she regretted her choice of countertops.  That's maybe the only thing I'll let slide because I wouldn't want concrete either.  I think she regretted the choice of blue cabinets and wanted to jump onto the neutrals craze in decorating.   @anachronistic is correct.  The layout is pretty much the same.

She complained about the paint chipping on the cabinets. She’s so proud of doing so much of the house with their bare fucking hands. But what do you know! They did a shitty job with the countertops and painting the cabinets. So now they are replaced by professionals. 

1 minute ago, Giraffe said:

This is what gets me. No one cares if, when the kitchen flooded, she took the opportunity to remodel the kitchen. What I take issue with is the insinuation that it needed to be done. C'mon, are you serious?! Your concrete countertops couldn't deal with some water?? It's the intentional deception that gets me. It was the same thing Zsu pulled. How hard is it to say "the damage was more extensive than we thought so we've decided to gut it and start over." Instead it becomes this woowoo, "I am so special to god that he made sure I could sucker the insurance company into paying for a shit-ton more than they would've otherwise. Praise god!"

She’s very much like Zoo in this regard. Zoo would praise her tiny kitchen and tiny house until it all needed completely replaced. And they immediately sold it after that! Braggie can act like they did such an amazing job on their house but then when there’s a chance to replace it all, she jumps at it. And now it all MUST be replaced. So which is it? Was your kitchen amazing or is it a huge mistake you’ve wanted to replace for years? 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I don't know if this is the case for Abbie, but I wonder how much of this comes from the kind of double-speak in Christianity where you can't just own your desires or wants and say: hey, I like nice things or want to buy this thing or have the income to do this project. So it has to be humble-brag way or dressed up in God Did It language or else you are selfish. 

What has always bothered me about this is then people do feel guilty for just having normal desires. It's nice to get a kitchen remodel! If you can afford it, good for you. But it leads to required shallowness - like, okay, well, what does it mean if God gave me a new kitchen or used RV or whatever but thousands of children died today without food? There are no answers for this.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

I don't know if this is the case for Abbie, but I wonder how much of this comes from the kind of double-speak in Christianity where you can't just own your desires or wants and say: hey, I like nice things or want to buy this thing or have the income to do this project. So it has to be humble-brag way or dressed up in God Did It language or else you are selfish. 

What has always bothered me about this is then people do feel guilty for just having normal desires. It's nice to get a kitchen remodel! If you can afford it, good for you. But it leads to required shallowness - like, okay, well, what does it mean if God gave me a new kitchen or used RV or whatever but thousands of children died today without food? There are no answers for this.

It makes sense. Isn’t it easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than a rich man to get into Heaven? 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

• 3 weeks later...

And let’s be honest here, neither A nor S really monitor this gaggle of kids very well. They let the middle and littles run amok and expect kids to parent other kids. They are given free rein to cook, bake, make messes all without proper adult supervision. Having 12 people running around and just living in a home will produce massive wear and tear; more so when the adults are checked out. So in a year, the new kitchen will be trashed too. And consumers do not care. AH also seems like she is easily bored and likes to change and collect things, including children. These folks do not treat anything respectfully or responsibly. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Abbie sure loves to talk about how they never get sick while they are actively sick. It seems like they get a stomach bug at least once a year and a couple other illnesses in between. That feels pretty standard. I do find it unbelievable that she claims she only took an antibiotic one time (during labor after water broke). I've had MRSA almost 20 times, so antibiotics have saved my life countless times. It's always so weird when people brag about being healthy, as if it's not a random cosmic grab bag that none of us has much control over.

My mom homeschooled my older siblings and then later me until I was in first grade. I don't think my immune system has ever recovered from not being exposed and developing antibodies as a little kid. I got hand food and mouth a couple years ago from my toddler and it felt like absolute death. My husband, who went to daycare from like 6 weeks on, never got it as an adult. Abbie said only Ezra and Simon got vaccinated. If the younger kids break out a bit and go into the world for school or work or, god forbid, send their kids to daycare, they will likely find the activated charcoal only goes so far.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I’m sure she also never takes those kids for check ups. Most large fundie families are medically neglecting their kids. It’s so common I just expect it. And she has the money to pay for it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Braggie says that the heating system went out on the rental.  I imagine they'll either go back to their real house or else stay with her mom.  She also mentions that tomorrow is Honor's birthday and she needs to leave her warm spot and go make cinnamon rolls for him.  The rental appears to have a gas fireplace.

How long have they been out of their house now?

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Xan said:

Braggie says that the heating system went out on the rental.  I imagine they'll either go back to their real house or else stay with her mom.  She also mentions that tomorrow is Honor's birthday and she needs to leave her warm spot and go make cinnamon rolls for him.  The rental appears to have a gas fireplace.

How long have they been out of their house now?

Seems like forever. I guess I don’t see why they couldn’t get back home now. I think a lot of their kitchen is done right? And she acts like Shawn does all the work on their house. The fact that they can’t even live there now shows that they hired out people to do the kitchen. 

• Upvote 6

On 12/7/2023 at 1:01 PM, Xan said:

Well, that's bizarre.  They have bedrooms where you have to exit through another bedroom.  They did that on both sides of the upstairs.  In order to get to the bathroom, you have to go through someone's bedroom.

I imagine she put the twinbies in the regular sized bedroom and Shiloh might be in the actual nursery.  She could have stuck him in the study.

None of this makes sense.

We've all seen houses where the additions have additions and the whole thing seems designed by a committee.

On 12/12/2023 at 10:15 AM, SassyPants said:

Ugggggg- new video up of her new kitchen. They are even getting new dishwashers and a new sink. 5 years and this mega consumer needed an entire floor to almost ceiling new kitchen. Their level of consumption is just GROSS! Heck we did a kitchen Reno in 2011 and I still consider it brand new.

Rest assured matter where she travels or what she buys, it will not fill the empty hole she has inside her foul self. My kitchen was last remodeled in the 50's. Nonetheless, Shiloh would be so much happier here with us!

• Upvote 10

On 1/10/2024 at 3:21 PM, theotherelise said:

I do find it unbelievable that she claims she only took an antibiotic one time (during labor after water broke).

I've only taken an antibiotic one time in my life, and I'm 65.5 years old. It was intravenous while I was giving birth 25 years ago because I tested positive for the kind of Strep that you can pass on to your baby. Ironically, I'm a strep carrier but have never had it. I get a cold every ten years despite working in a school for the last 40 years. I did finally get Covid about six weeks ago, and that was not fun. My siblings have been just as lucky as me in the sickness department. Just dumb luck. I'm not doing anything amazing, but it seems that most viruses just don't like me. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic