IGNORED

Sister Wives 8: And Another One Down, Another One Bites the Dust?

Coconut Flan

I was really surprised Kody let the facade slip enough to admit, "it's all ego." I always thought it was. I just didn't think Kody would admit that openly. Does he not see he is admitting to a character flaw which he is usually extremely adverse to? 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

I wanted to pop Kody in the chops everytime he said "respect". Also invent a drinking game, where everytime he whines about not being respecte mph we smack him and take a drink. But that will be too many drinks! So, excess being counter-productive, alternately smack and drink. Moderation in all things!

Even if we alternate, I'm afraid we'd die from alcohol poisoning! 

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

I wanted to pop Kody in the chops everytime he said "respect". Also invent a drinking game, where everytime he whines about not being respecte mph we smack him and take a drink. But that will be too many drinks! So, excess being counter-productive, alternately smack and drink. Moderation in all things!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I was really surprised Kody let the facade slip enough to admit, "it's all ego." I always thought it was. I just didn't think Kody would admit that openly. Does he not see he is admitting to a character flaw which he is usually extremely adverse to? 

I doubt it represents true introspection as opposed to something he thought or someone told him (as he does not seem much of a purveyor of original thought) would be cool to say. Admitting he is on the manosphere opens a window through which we glean an explanation for his increasingly dickish and patriarchal behavior the past couple of years. 

Misogyny has at its core a pus pocket of contempt for and objectification of women. An extreme end is Andrew Tate, stating he wanted to move to a place where he would be free to rape women. The manosphere is populated by incels and red-pillers spitting vitriol against women, representing various misogynistic subcultures. For example, Megan Thee Stallion took a brave stance to testify against Tory Lanez, who said, "dance bitch" and shot her feet. She faced backlash because of the misogynistic culture in hip hop, especially against black women.

As opposed to lawless exploitation of women, Kody's (and the Duggar's and similar elk) view of patriarchy (misogyny's kinder, gentler cousin) is whitewashed by religious belief that  presents patriarchy as an avenue to wholesome, happy families.

It would be interesting to discover Kody's true beliefs as far as the role of women, and to know what his friends are like and by whom he is influenced. My guess is that, in Kody's macho world,  Christine divorcing him has been  humiliating. I suspect it would improve Kody's outlook on life and family relations if he got a different circle of influence.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

On 1/2/2023 at 10:13 PM, ifosterkittens said:

I have been working on our drinking game. First off, when Kody whines about disrespect, we alternate swatting him with a fly swatter and taking a drink. But, when he says betrayal, or calls Suki "baby", or touches her, we lose a turn. Now we can play, but but drink too much! What do you bet Suki played her own drinking game when she got done with Kodi sticking out his tongue, slamming his coffee around, touching her leg and calling her baby? And by the way, who dressed him?

Just now, Cults-r-us said:

I have been working on our drinking game. First off, when Kody whines about disrespect, we alternate swatting him with a fly swatter and taking a drink. But, when he says betrayal, or calls Suki "baby", or touches her, we lose a turn.

Now we can play, but but drink too much! What do you bet Suki played her own drinking game when she got done with Kodi sticking out his tongue, slamming his coffee around, touching her leg and calling her baby? And by the way, who dressed him?

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Who dressed Kody?  GOODWILL

Hey I’ve found some nice stuff at goodwill 🤣

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hey I’ve found some nice stuff at goodwill 🤣

You need to take Koty shopping.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I watched the finale this morning (someone keeps putting the episodes up on FB when they come out on Discovery +).  I'm kind of glad they are going into a hiatus because I spend far too much emotional energy being mad at Kody, lol.  I hope he steps on a bunch of legos.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I watched the finale this morning (someone keeps putting the episodes up on FB when they come out on Discoveryi +).  I'm kind of glad they are going into a hiatus because I spend far too much emotional energy being mad at Kody, lol.  I hope he steps on a bunch of legos.  

i know, it's the same old, same old. Robyn really showed she has no empathy for the other wives at all and blames them for their relationship problems with the Kodster. The more she talks, the more she demonstrates Kody internalizes the toxicity she whispers into his ear, making him think her thoughts are his own idea. Apparently he incurred a narcissistic injury about his lame covid rules from which he will never recover. His dying words will be, "they all disrespected me!" and Robyn reinforces his grievances. No wonder Janell and Christine feel so unburdened being removed from them. Previously I've remarked how shocking it is Kody feels no attachment to his other wife and kids. What a defective human being.

I, too, am always happy when the sister wives season ends because it is so infuriating and disgusting and miserable - like watching tears run dow Gabe's face as he realizes he just doesn't matter to Kody.

Good luck, Brown family! 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Well the 3 tell all’s were 3 hrs I will never get back. There was nothing new or groundbreaking in them. No hard questions were asked of Kody or Robyn about the adult kids or his ridiculous treatment of truely. Or the demands that Garrison and Gabe apologise  

Krobyn tried to make it a Christine bashing exercise. 

janelle was as always the calm voice of reason. Man she speaks wonderfully, so elegant about the shit that Kody has put her and her kids through. 

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Well the 3 tell all’s were 3 hrs I will never get back. There was nothing new or groundbreaking in them. No hard questions were asked of Kody or Robyn about the adult kids or his ridiculous treatment of truely. Or the demands that Garrison and Gabe apologise  

janelle was as always the calm voice of reason. Man she speaks wonderfully, so elegant about the shit that Kody has put her and her kids through. 

I think TLC tried and failed to present Robyn more sympathetically this season. She is so awful! She, not penniless, homeless Janell or unloved, forgotten Meri, is the true victim here! Her dreams were stolen by those terrible, fat, stretch-marked wives who get what they get because they do not try hard enough to win "favor" from the 'Doosh. Nevermind her manipulating and reinforcing Kody's false beliefs have caused 13 kids to not have a dad. 

• Upvote 11

8 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

i know, it's the same old, same old. Robyn really showed she has no empathy for the other wives at all and blames them for their relationship problems with the Kodster. The more she talks, the more she demonstrates Kody internalizes the toxicity she whispers into his ear, making him think her thoughts are his own idea. Apparently he incurred a narcissistic injury about his lame covid rules from which he will never recover. His dying words will be, "they all disrespected me!" and Robyn reinforces his grievances.

She went to the Meghan Markle school of marriage.  It's us against the world, honey. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I watched a quick blip of something and I think it was Savanah? who was saying that her dad hasn't really been around in a long time and I thought how HARD must polygamy (on this scale) be on the kids. It's one thing to have three wives and like - 8 kids and all in the same (BIG) house - but I feel like he wouldn't be able to really connect with these kids at all because he's just not physically THERE and he's spread so thin. It would also drive me bonkers not to have MY home. To just be unmoored and flitting around houses. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Meggo said:

I watched a quick blip of something and I think it was Savanah? who was saying that her dad hasn't really been around in a long time and I thought how HARD must polygamy (on this scale) be on the kids. It's one thing to have three wives and like - 8 kids and all in the same (BIG) house - but I feel like he wouldn't be able to really connect with these kids at all because he's just not physically THERE and he's spread so thin. It would also drive me bonkers not to have MY home. To just be unmoored and flitting around houses. 

It’s like the Bateses and the Duggars. There are just too many kids and not enough time in the day. However the kids in the brown family at least get an attentive mom. That’s something the Bateses and Duggars didn’t get. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

22 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

I was just thinking that Kody is going to really miss the companionship and collaboration with Janell. He has no one left with whom to have a sensible conversation.

Do you'all remember how likable Kody was, years ago? As opposed to this unhinged loon, who so creeped out Suki? What has happened to him? I do not know. But Robyn is not looking so good, either. Her years of holding up his ego and nursing his grievances have left her looking a little worn and pinched. Maybe things are not so great in Kodyville? Maybe running off your worker bee wives when you are a for-shit provider was poor planning?

Kody did not say he loves Robyn. He says she "finds favor" by doing what he wants and vice versa. Is it is a transactional relationship held together by being pissed at the other wives? Because now they have neither a common enemy to unite them, nor worker bees to support them. Who will bail first? Or will they stay together? Time will tell.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, Meggo said:

Kody isn't able to connect with the kids because he's neither invested nor interested. Ditto for the rest of the family members (except Christine and Janell). The wives are effectively strangers. The family culture they talked about on their show is fiction.

I wonder if Robyn has any friends? Someone to sit with her on that stupid bench on the wilds of coyote pass. She seems especially unable to partner with other family members and make relationships to preserve "the family culture".

I wonder what Kody's big family home at coyote pass would have actually entailed? A ginormous mcmansion for Robyn and 3 cellar apartments for the basement wives?

• Upvote 6

I never found Cody likable. 🤮 I liked Janelle and Christine, and that was about it. It seems to me he must've been this much of an ass all along and now he's just letting it all out for the world to see. I don't know though. 🤷‍♀️ I did stop watching for a long while.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Robyn and the red pill guys turned him from a rather narcissistic jerk into a raving dangerous lunatic.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 1/9/2023 at 12:19 AM, Jrodseyeliner said:

Or the demands that Garrison and Gabe apologise  

Does anybody else think jealousy of his young buck sons is the root cause of Kody's hostility toward his sons, sneering about them getting their "pencils wet".

• Upvote 10

13 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Meri posted this on Instagram 

6C94FDC7-5D27-4887-BD98-4123F2E01456.png

787E1420-F1B6-41CD-8910-84538FBE35B7.png

FF74CA28-44D0-4D19-99E9-01F7E3BBFC9C.png

Did you read the articles Janell and Christine are lawyering up to sue the Kodster for $$$? That Robyn says, "Bawhaha! Everything is in my name and you all get nothing!!!" That Meri posts this message to imply she don't want none of that action? What do you all think? Who says there would be no content for Season 18?

• Upvote 1

Here’s a link about the ladies lawyering up: https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/sister-wives-star-kody-brown-s-exes-gearing-up-with-lawyers-seeking-spousal-support-from-father-of-18-as-everyone-takes-sides/ar-AA169qn1?li=BBnb2gh

From MSN, a respectable source!

Can’t wait to see Sobyn’s tears about how the other women first robbed her of her dreams, and then robbed her of her money. 😂 The money she worked so hard for! Oh wait. 🤔 She never did bring anything but debt and drama, did she? 
Janelle seems quite likely to have kept receipts. And Truely is still young, so that’s several years of child support.

Really hoping this is true and they’re going after what’s theirs. Excellent for J and C, and precisely what K and R deserve. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I actually hope that the kids are compensated as well during their time on the show. I mean Maddie gave birth twice on the show and most of them have had their most awkward teenage moments exploited on air to last a lifetime. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic