IGNORED

Joy & Austin 33: Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

On 11/9/2022 at 9:50 AM, neuroticcat said:

Oh my goodness, yes. Getting the prescriptions was a nightmare. When I first was diagnosed it was before the medicine was generic, and it was something like 1K a month for the injections. I was fortunate that I could use HSA to pay for it. 

Later, it was available generic, but a huge pain to get it - they only release it in small amounts so you have to constantly call in refills. Sometimes it's only mail in with refrigerated delivery. It was a pain.

That’s so sad, there must be many pregnant women who would need this and couldn’t afford it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Screenshot from Joy’s Instagram stories… I can’t believe she is letting Gideon and Evy ride in the back of a truck, completely unsecured.

Evy is just a few weeks older than my son, so it always feels like I have a frame of reference there. And wow, there is NO WAY I’d let my son ride in a car like that, unsecured and on his own, while I’m in the front. He’s a careful kid, but still, what if he decided to stand up or climb on the side?

2563CF30-A93B-4FC3-A857-FF91CB95998A.thumb.png.af22c9a0f254d00e9787511cb49aa7d9.png

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 4

13 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

Screenshot from Joy’s Instagram stories… I can’t believe she is letting Gideon and Evy ride in the back of a truck, completely unsecured.

Evy is just a few weeks older than my son, so it always feels like I have a frame of reference there. And wow, there is NO WAY I’d let my son ride in a car like that, unsecured and on his own, while I’m in the front. He’s a careful kid, but still, what if he decided to stand up or climb on the side?

2563CF30-A93B-4FC3-A857-FF91CB95998A.thumb.png.af22c9a0f254d00e9787511cb49aa7d9.png

Seconded. One birthday i was at the (extended) family farm and I got to ride in the bed of a pickup into town. The weather was beautiful, the wind was lively but not too hard, it was so much fun... and it was my 35th birthday. The first and only time I've ridden in the back of a pickup, because it's dangerous!

There were kids on the farm ranging from ages 3 to 10, and when they saw me climbing into the truck, one of them asked to come along. I immediately cited a law prohibiting anyone under 18 from riding in the bed of a pickup - I don't know that such a law exists in Indiana, but they were too young to go online and search legal websites to prove me wrong. To the best of my knowledge all of the kids in the extended family have sat in the bed of a (stationary) pickup to watch fireworks, and that's all they will do until they're old enough to have friends who own their own pickups and will allow them to do stupid risky things.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, shesinsane said:

There were kids on the farm ranging from ages 3 to 10, and when they saw me climbing into the truck, one of them asked to come along

Evy isn’t even 3. She just turned 2 this fall.

• Upvote 1

Joy has been very busy shilling stuff on Instagram- around 2 products a day- the latest are the sandals that all the fundies seem to shill and phone cases.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Joy has been very busy shilling stuff on Instagram- around 2 products a day- the latest are the sandals that all the fundies seem to shill and phone cases.

They have to pay for those obstetrician bills somehow!

• Upvote 9

Over on Jill’s thread, it was noted that both Jill and JB were at Joy’s gender reveal and having a conversation. That was the only compelling reason to watch the video. What was shown was brief, Jill on the couch holding, possibly feeding Freddy, and JB standing nearby.

Joy mentioned trying to find a date that everyone she wanted to be there could attend. Attendees I could see: Joy’s parents, Austin’s parents, various members of Austin’s family, Jana, Jill and boys, Johannah, Jennifer, Josie, Abbie, Laura DeMaisie. I didn’t see any brothers or Jessa, but there were lots of people, so hard to tell.

• Upvote 6

The thing that stuck out to me in that video was that basically all the women except the younger duggar girls and Michelle were wearing jeans or leggings instead of skirts. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Over on Jill’s thread, it was noted that both Jill and JB were at Joy’s gender reveal and having a conversation. That was the only compelling reason to watch the video. What was shown was brief, Jill on the couch holding, possibly feeding Freddy, and JB standing nearby.

Joy mentioned trying to find a date that everyone she wanted to be there could attend. Attendees I could see: Joy’s parents, Austin’s parents, various members of Austin’s family, Jana, Jill and boys, Johannah, Jennifer, Josie, Abbie, Laura DeMaisie. I didn’t see any brothers or Jessa, but there were lots of people, so hard to tell.

Joe was there at least, not sure about her other brothers! I'm guessing JD too because Abbie was there.

• Upvote 2

Joy seems very happy. And somehow seems healthier looking. Maybe pregnancy "glow"

She reminded me of Jessa so many times in the video.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, medimus said:

The thing that stuck out to me in that video was that basically all the women except the younger duggar girls and Michelle were wearing jeans or leggings instead of skirts. 

IBLP/ATI is not pushing skirts as hard anymore. I don’t know if it’s because Gothard is gone or fundies are just changing. But at camp this year, it was mostly pants and just a few skirts. It never used to be like that.

• Upvote 10

16 hours ago, JDuggs said:

JD and Abbie were there. But Abbie and Joy are part of the MediCore wives group. I was surprised Katey and Hannah didn't seem to be there.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

JD and Abbie were there. But Abbie and Joy are part of the MediCore wives group. I was surprised Katey and Hannah didn't seem to be there.

I think Hannah was spotted. I also saw another pic with the Real Housewives. 

• Upvote 4

I’m surprised all these people still travel across state lines for yet another gender reveal. Is it really that exciting? Or just an excuse for a trip?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I’m surprised all these people still travel across state lines for yet another gender reveal. Is it really that exciting? Or just an excuse for a trip?

Who traveked across state lines? Also I think Joy is the favorite of many of her siblings. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Who traveked across state lines? Also I think Joy is the favorite of many of her siblings. 

Makes sense she’d be a favorite. Right in the middle of that big pack of boys that she played with through childhood. The first real official little buddy, to the most dedicated  sister-mom Jill.  Only girl for a long time in either direction. The youngest girls probably looked up to her without her being an authority type, the older girls likely took her under their wing (in addition to having to girlify her when she reached her teens) . Household servant with the grown girls left at home until each married off. Plus she seems like one of the most easy going - and her husband has big construction tools and likes to help. They are probably the most popular couple out of all of them.  

• Upvote 12

Did I spy Rufus Jr. in Joy's video... hung on the dining area wall I suppose so he can watch them eat venison? Does he have a name? Maybe we could have a naming contest

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Bobology said:

Did I spy Rufus Jr. in Joy's video... hung on the dining area wall I suppose so he can watch them eat venison? Does he have a name? Maybe we could have a naming contest

I think Clyde sounds like a good name. Wayne or Dwayne are my other thoughts.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Bobology said:

Yes, they have a deer head sticking out of the side of the kitchen cabinets.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Bobology said:

Twofus.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 15

38 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Interesting that it is Jinger and Jana.   

D8019BD0-4C69-4446-8FBF-6589CE36530C.png

lol I had this screen shot to come and post this same thing. I thought so too. She did add the caveat "right now"

I suppose with that many kids allegiances and communication would be fluid and varied  

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic