IGNORED

Joy & Austin 33: Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

I think Claire is probably pregnant - but isn’t Justin still 19? They  may be waiting until Justin’s birthday ( and no longer a teenager) before announcing it. 

This was my exact thought. They don't want it out there that they've got teen parents. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 6

Someone posted this on Reddit that when she calls Claire it sounds like Claire says I'm pregnant with you.  Others thought she said I'm so happy for you.  I could see them holding off on an announcement till his birthday.  However she did play volleyball at camp a few weeks back, not sure pregnancy would stop that or not

Edited by Nashville92
  • Upvote 1

Kendra looked very pregnant at Jer’s wedding in March, and they were spotted with the baby in June, so she could be 5-7 months postpartum. She had one gap that was only a little over a year, so it’s definitely possible that she’s already found out she’s pregnant again and told the family. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Could JB be counting Joy's baby that was stillborn?

Unlikely. They say they have 19 children - they don’t reference Caleb or Jubilee. 

• Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, viii said:

Unlikely. They say they have 19 children - they don’t reference Caleb or Jubilee. 

They also haven't counted the numerous miscarriages of the next gen Duggars. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Could JB be counting Joy's baby that was stillborn?

Joy never refers to that. She’s calling this pregnancy baby #3.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, viii said:

I’ve heard them say 20 but it’s because of Tyler, not Jubilee. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Kendra looked very pregnant at Jer’s wedding in March, and they were spotted with the baby in June, so she could be 5-7 months postpartum. She had one gap that was only a little over a year, so it’s definitely possible that she’s already found out she’s pregnant again and told the family. 

Without knowing if (or when) Joken #4 was born, based on the first three pregnancies it would still be early for her to pregnant again. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

The Bateses and the Duggars both have 11 married children. But the Bateses are still behind. Mostly because Josh got started much earlier than any of the Bateses and because Michael deals with infertility. If Michael didn’t have infertility, I bet the Duggars and Bateses would be very close in grand kid numbers. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

8 hours ago, adidas said:

It seems so sad that the only worth JimBob sees in grandchildren is for their number in his quest to get to 200.

Did he say his goal was 200?

• Upvote 1

In the telling everyone video, I thought it was interesting that Joy showed herself calling or meeting most of her siblings to deliver the news, of course a few were missing, but it’s notable to me that neither Joe/ Kendra or Josiah/Lauren were included. Both brothers who she had been very close . I’m glad she’s respecting their privacy if that’s why they weren’t included, but wondered if it was also not wanting to catch a sight of a baby, or equipment, or sound of crying. 

Also it was pretty funny that they told Gideon about the big “surprise” and being 4, he was upset it was a new baby, instead of a present. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 9

I’m surprised Joy wanted to give JB airtime after the Josh trial. Maybe the Duggars are still hoping for rehabilitation and using the only thing they know how to market- babies.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

In the telling everyone video, I thought it was interesting that Joy showed herself calling or meeting most of her siblings to deliver the news, of course a few were missing, but it’s notable to me that neither Joe/ Kendra or Josiah/Lauren were included. Both brothers who she had been very close . I’m glad she’s respecting their privacy if that’s why they weren’t included, but wondered if it was also not wanting to catch a sight of a baby, or equipment, or sound of crying. 

Also it was pretty funny that they told Gideon about the big “surprise” and being 4, he was upset it was a new baby, instead of a present. 

Yes, but she could have called and not included them in her video. Neither Kendra or Lauren is seen at the restaurant later in the video, so it seems more and more obvious that K, L and their husbands want to live their lives in privacy. Since Joy was and possibly still is close to them, she’d know, understand and respect that.

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Cam said:

Yes, but she could have called and not included them in her video. Neither Kendra or Lauren is seen at the restaurant later in the video, so it seems more and more obvious that K, L and their husbands want to live their lives in privacy. Since Joy was and possibly still is close to them, she’d know, understand and respect that.

Oh yea, I wasn’t trying to imply that she didn’t tell them at all, or that they were on the outs. It just does make their “no public presence . Period.” Seem more official, instead of it just being they weren’t personally using their own accounts. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 10/30/2022 at 7:55 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bateses and the Duggars both have 11 married children. But the Bateses are still behind. Mostly because Josh got started much earlier than any of the Bateses and because Michael deals with infertility. If Michael didn’t have infertility, I bet the Duggars and Bateses would be very close in grand kid numbers. 

I find it interesting that the Duggars are much more even on gender ratios than the Bates. The Duggars have had some crazy long streaks but it keeps evening itself out. 

I agree that if Michaela has been able to have children at the rate of her sisters the numbers would be much closer as she would like have 3 or 4 already.

I think the Bates are about to have a baby boom soon though, I could see potentially 4 or 5 announcements in the next couple of months. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/31/2022 at 1:41 AM, Mama Mia said:

I wonder why Joy and Austin didn’t tell JB and Michelle about the pregnancy when they were all together the way they told Austin’s parents. (His family was happy but seemed to take it in stride). Does Austin not like having to deal with JB after the trial? There’s no one-on-one with Joy telling Michelle. Did JB tell her? I don’t think Joy waited until the restaurant give her the news. Did she call her mother separately and not include it in the video? I also wonder if the restaurant scene was when Jana and Jessa first learned the news. 

Michael is very steeped in kool-aid so she would be going neck and neck with Tori if she could. Jana would very likely be as well if she had married at Tori's age. People reported Austin and Joy being especially upset by the trial. I could see them telling JB and Michelle over the phone rather than in person or some modification therein. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Cam said:

I wonder why Joy and Austin didn’t tell JB and Michelle about the pregnancy when they were all together the way they told Austin’s parents. (His family was happy but seemed to take it in stride). Does Austin not like having to deal with JB after the trial? There’s no one-on-one with Joy telling Michelle. Did JB tell her? I don’t think Joy waited until the restaurant give her the news. Did she call her mother separately and not include it in the video? I also wonder if the restaurant scene was when Jana and Jessa first learned the news. 

I took it more as they wanted to get the news out quickly because they were excited. She found out during their Alaska trip, so there was already a bit of a wait, and the way it was presented it looked like they wanted the Dr visit before posting any announcement. I’m guessing she also called her mom privately while in Alaska.  Austin’s parents had been the ones watching the kids during their Alaska trip, and they told them when they picked them up. Went to the Dr, got the ok of so far -so good— and then started the video calls and visits. The big women’s group at the restaurant was probably already planned, so got to knock off a bunch there. I assume there were other private calls to any siblings not shown. 

• Upvote 2

It’s also possible they’re aware of the blowback publicity related to JB & Michelle gets and edited them out. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Giraffe said:

It’s also possible they’re aware of the blowback publicity related to JB & Michelle gets and edited them out. 

JB was one of the 1st people she video called, and is in the video she made. Michelle is also included, but as part of a group that she told in person, at some sort of gathering with some of her sisters, sister-in-law and some random women. It didn’t look like it was specifically set up by Joy, just that she took that opportunity to tell people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic