IGNORED

Joy & Austin 33: Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

I don’t know why she would even choose to answer a question like that. It’s basically asking who her favorite sisters are. Why purposely stir that up? That being said, those are the two sisters not currently parenting over two kids and homeschooling, so they both might have a little extra time to talk. Joy might be talking about influencer stuff with Jinger too. This homeschooling stuff is eventually going to hit Joy hard unless she just decides to half-ass it.

• Upvote 8

Aren’t Joy and Jinger closest in age than Joy is with the others? It may be that they share similar memories and see things in a compatible way. Maybe Joy turns to Jana because she knows Jana doesn’t have her hands full taking care of a husband, kids and a house and might have more uninterrupted time to give.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

lol I had this screen shot to come and post this same thing. I thought so too. She did add the caveat "right now"

I suppose with that many kids allegiances and communication would be fluid and varied  

Exactly. My mother was one of six, and the sibling she was closest to varied at different times of her life. There was one sister everyone talked to, but occasionally the others would bicker or even stop talking for a while. However, if it was for the good of the entire family, they immediately closed ranks. I’ve seen a similar dynamic in other big families, so it would be normal among the Duggars. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, JDuggs said:

That being said, those are the two sisters not currently parenting over two kids and homeschooling, so they both might have a little extra time to talk. Joy might be talking about influencer stuff with Jinger too.

I was thinking the same thing…Jill and Jessa both have more kids, so most likely don’t have as much time to talk and Jana seems to have unlimited time on her hands and Jinger only has two kids.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Cam said:

Aren’t Joy and Jinger closest in age than Joy is with the others? It may be that they share similar memories and see things in a compatible way. Maybe Joy turns to Jana because she knows Jana doesn’t have her hands full taking care of a husband, kids and a house and might have more uninterrupted time to give.

All of that, plus the 3 of them were still at home when their world blew up with the 1st Josh scandal. It would seem even under normal circumstance Jill and Jessa may have gotten closer being they were both getting married, on their own, having babies at the same time. But you throw in the entire Josh blow-up, and how the Duggar’s made the 2 of them the public face — and kept the other victims  out of the spotlight —- big bonding moments for both sets I’m sure. And then another year or so until Jinger married and left home, and just Joy and Jana for a while longer. 

1 hour ago, postscript said:

Exactly. My mother was one of six, and the sibling she was closest to varied at different times of her life. There was one sister everyone talked to, but occasionally the others would bicker or even stop talking for a while. However, if it was for the good of the entire family, they immediately closed ranks. I’ve seen a similar dynamic in other big families, so it would be normal among the Duggars. 

My adult kids are the same way. There is one everyone gets along with all the time. A couple who mostly keep to themselves, and then various tight friendships that change over time depending what else is going on. And some who would never talk at all if it weren’t for a big family gathering. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Well Jinger is also a concert pianist has just bought a house so will probably be cooking up a few interior design projects with Jana, and Joy lives nearby but isn't swamped with children yet so she and Jana probably see a lot of each other on the regular and are maybe in touch habitually.

I can see Jessa being too busy and Jill too much of a hot potato/too far away for Jana to be very close to.

• Upvote 2

Joy posted a YT video of getting her hair cut and surprising Austin when he gets home and his reaction was…. 😕 Poor Joy, the best he could muster was “I don’t hate it” and that he wished it was a tiny bit longer. He gestured like half an inch, as if that would make any difference. It was clearly all about her doing something without considering him and his preferences first and foremost 🙄

And in case you don’t want to watch the video (I just fast forwarded through to the main bits) her hair was not anyone’s idea of “short”, just much shorter than her previously ultra long style. It’s still a couple inches past her shoulders now (while curled).

• Upvote 17

She is making excuses for him in the comments- he’d been driving for 12 hours and could hardly keep his eyes open- so probably shouldn’t have been driving then…..

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Austin was unkind. Too bad Joy feels the need to have him validate her choice in hairstyles. If I was pregnant, with 2 little kids and had been solo parenting, I would have been asleep at 1:00AM. He could see my hair in the morning. Maybe I’m a inconsiderate biotch, though.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

It wasn't the worst reaction ever. But considering she made this huge build up through the video about his reaction....it was just sad.

She kept asking him over and over if he liked it and.....he just couldn't even muster some kind of positive response.

What I dont get it why post it at all?? Just don't put that part in the video. 

Hey guys I cut my hair. I love it. Ta dah!

Would have been a fine meaningless video.

But now all I can think is how sad and desperate she was for his approval and seemed to know he wouldn't like it.

Her mother in law actually seems very supportive. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 4

To be honest, it was ridiculous of her to mention it at that time.  She should have left it in the morning to see his reaction.

I'm not really an Austin fan. But I think the dude needs to be cut some slack!.  It was 1am in the morning and he was looked tired and knackered. They also hadn't seen each other for a while!. He probably just wanted a hug with his wife and to sleep.

Unfortunately men are not so much clued up as we women would like to think!.  He was not keen on her haircut - yes but that's his opinion and I don't think he was so concerned unlike nosy Terry about what she was doing to her hair. Or else he would ha e contacted her prior and busted her surprise.

I think he was polite enough and seemed a little snarky about Mr Terry sending him.a photo of Joy at the saloon.

Edited by Bridgecape
  • Upvote 9

Admittedly I didn't watch the video because I didn't want to give him the clicks, but I went to YouTube and looked at the still picture that came up when I typed in Joy Forsyth. If that's her new hairdo on the right I really like it! I think it really suits her and would have been something I would have wanted at her age- long enough that I could put it up in a ponytail and get rid of it when I wanted to hike or on a hot day (or in her case being a busy mom when she doesn't have a chance to do it) yet short enough that it's lighter and easier to care for.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Admittedly I didn't watch the video because I didn't want to give him the clicks, but I went to YouTube and looked at the still picture that came up when I typed in Joy Forsyth. If that's her new hairdo on the right I really like it! I think it really suits her and would have been something I would have wanted at her age- long enough that I could put it up in a ponytail and get rid of it when I wanted to hike or on a hot day (or in her case being a busy mom when she doesn't have a chance to do it) yet short enough that it's lighter and easier to care for.

It looks good on her and she actually put it in a ponytail in the video and seemed to think that was a nice easy style.

She got highlights or something too (I don't understand hair nuances). I think the color is a little washed out looking but Joy seemed very happy about it

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
Typo
  • Upvote 1

Jill, Jessa, and Joy got lucky in the hair department. They inherited JB’s thick hair. Joy could get almost any hair cut and it would look nice. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Bridgecape said:

To be honest, it was ridiculous of her to mention it at that time.  She should have left it in the morning to see his reaction.

I'm not really an Austin fan. But I think the dude needs to be cut some slack!.  It was 1am in the morning and he was looked tired and knackered. They also hadn't seen each other for a while!. He probably just wanted a hug with his wife and to sleep.

Unfortunately men are not so much clued up as we women would like to think!.  He was not keen on her haircut - yes but that's his opinion and I don't think he was so concerned unlike nosy Terry about what she was doing to her hair. Or else he would ha e contacted her prior and busted her surprise.

Yes I think staying up hours late (enough time to watch a movie) was silly. 

I would have been disappointed with my s.o. reacting like that whether sleepy or not.

But filming it, editing it, and posting it on the internet is what's sad. 

Some people would have been like "oh haha he doesn't love it. Tough cookies" and that would have been ok.

But Joy asking him again and again comes off as sad and desperate. While he takes the time/effort to explain it would have been better an inch longer. Very cringe.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I can't find video anywhere, but I'd love to do a side by side comparison between Austin's reaction and Michelle Duggar's reaction to her own makeover/haircut. Her hair was straight and shorter, she looked stunned, then squeaked  "I'll learn to love it."

• Upvote 2

The last time I got a cut I got about 4 or more inches chopped. It was well past my shoulder and I got it cut above my shoulder. My husband said nothing. And I say nothing about his haircuts. I guess we just don’t care that much about hair. Now if I put on a nice new dress for like a wedding, he will definitely notice. Hair just isn’t on our radar I guess. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Yes I think staying up hours late (enough time to watch a movie) was silly. 

I would have been disappointed with my s.o. reacting like that whether sleepy or not.

But filming it, editing it, and posting it on the internet is what's sad. 

Some people would have been like "oh haha he doesn't love it. Tough cookies" and that would have been ok.

But Joy asking him again and again comes off as sad and desperate. While he takes the time/effort to explain it would have been better an inch longer. Very cringe.

I think that was just for  the video but he was a little slow in getting the memo 😄.  

• I Agree 3

She stayed up really late to surprise him when he came in. But her father-in-law had already sent him a picture that joy headset of her new hair. So it wasn’t a surprise that she was wanting at all. He already knew.

• Upvote 5

Sounds like she’s been spending a lot of time talking with Jinger and expecting a Jeremy type reaction. Austin doesn’t seem to care a great deal about things like hair and was clearly exhausted. He preferred it longer. I did like how he tried to save it at the end when she pestered him to rate her hair on a scale of 1-10 and he side stepped by saying SHE was a 10 out of 10 lol.  At least she seems more confident than when she was trying to decide on a wedding dress and hair style. She obviously hated the whole process and would have greatly preferred for him to just pick everything for her. Obviously a wedding is a lot more pressure than a regular hair cut — but still, she managed to go to the hair stylist on her own. 

• Upvote 6

I personally wouldn't have cared about haircuts for me or mine.

But when somebody excitedly asks you how much they love it and you say how much they love it....then you by god say something nice!

Either way. I wouldn't post such a reaction for all to see unless *maybe* I was posting it for "haha look how grumpy he is and hates my hair" sort of sassy video.

It makes Austin look bad. And I doubt he signed up for that. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I definitely think he could’ve been more positive about her hair and I feel bad for her that she so desperately seeks his approval. However, maybe he didn’t like having his reaction filmed. I know they have a YouTube channel and it’s generating some income for them, but after a long day maybe he just didn’t want to have filming sprung on him like that. 

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

I definitely think he could’ve been more positive about her hair and I feel bad for her that she so desperately seeks his approval. However, maybe he didn’t like having his reaction filmed. I know they have a YouTube channel and it’s generating some income for them, but after a long day maybe he just didn’t want to have filming sprung on him like that. 

The way the video was set up, I don't think Austin knew he was being filmed. His reactions were genuine. 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 3

They say at the beginning they are going to be doing more videos- they obviously think they can make money from it. Joy has been shilling consistently on instagram recently- they know interest in her pregnancy ramps up the clicks. 
If Austin doesn’t like it, he can stop it. Joy is totally submissive. However, like the other Duggar husbands, I expect he enjoys the money and comforts Joy earns. I know he works, but they have a very comfortable life thanks to Joy.

• Upvote 5

I immediately noticed Joy’s shorter hair in the baby reveal video a few weeks back. Seems like a lot of people missed that. Sounds like she made a big friggin decision to have some length of hair taken off and she can’t believe she’s allowed to make such an independent decision without Jesus Christ flying in from heaven to tell her its wrong. Bizarre. Then she wants endless validation on how it looks. Austin probably liked the longer version because it made her look younger. He doesn’t want his helpmeet to have many independent ideas, or to grow up and be an adult woman. He wants her to please him, not please herself. I bet it’s one of the last times she gets her hair cut. He will subtly undermine her appearance until the hair grows back and then let her know the longer look works much better for him. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic