IGNORED

Joy & Austin 33: Pregnant Again

Coconut Flan

I dont think he has to subtly undermine her.

I think "I don't hate it" is a pretty strong deterrent for her for the next time she ponders a new haircut.

If she's figured out she can make money and not be 100% dependent on Austin then good for her.

I'm not a fan personally of selling crap on Instagram etc. But if the $ allows her to reconsider her upbringing and gives her some independence im all for it.

I assume Carlin is the one helping her grow her influencer skills. Jinger's attempts are....um...something.

But Evan and Carlin have a slick set up to the point Evan doesn't have to work a traditional job. Carlin is supposed to be her best friend. So I'd imagine joy is looking at Carlin's life and thinking hey why not me too?

• Upvote 4

The Duggar daughters that had their weddings featured on the show all have large Instagram followings and can earn money shilling stuff. If any of their husbands objected it simply wouldn’t happen. But all these men married into the Duggar gravy train and while they totally support the patriarchal beliefs of JB, they also like pursuing their interests and ambitions while having a family and not worrying about bills.

What I find weird about this video is that if Austin watched it back, he could say ‘sorry, I was tired and came over as a bit of a dick there, you look lovely, please don’t post that video, let’s find something else to film’.

So he is either not bothered about appearing to be an unkind dick to his pregnant wife, or else is astute enough to know we’re talking about it and it’s good publicity for their YouTube channel.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Yes it's a very strange thing to share. I wonder if she's able to fully understand that not everything needs to be made public? She was very young when her whole life started bein filmed though of course she's now an adult and is choosing to do similar things to her children 

• Upvote 4

On 11/26/2022 at 7:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The last time I got a cut I got about 4 or more inches chopped. It was well past my shoulder and I got it cut above my shoulder. My husband said nothing. And I say nothing about his haircuts. I guess we just don’t care that much about hair. Now if I put on a nice new dress for like a wedding, he will definitely notice. Hair just isn’t on our radar I guess. 

My husband would loooove it if I grew my hair out long. He thinks with long hair - I could have some of that early 80s long hair going on (I cannot - my hair is way too thin to look anything like Farrah Fawcet or Carol Alt etc). BUT - he also makes it a point to notice when my hair is cut or colored and now elbows our son to say "Tell Mom her hair looks nice". It's not at all his preference, but he knows that *I* like it this way so he makes sure to notice and comment that he likes it. (and I think it's sweet that he's elbowing the boy to teach HIM to compliment a partners new 'do) 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 10

I've always had pretty long hair. My husband really didn't care, as long as my hair was long. Its gone from maybe just below my armpits to my hips. I used to tease him that he liked it long because well, his was leaving quickly. Even now it's long. He really never noticed the length or if I colored it. Now, if I wore a certain pair of jeans, oh yeah, he'd notice! He had a thing for my backside. 

Whatever made him happy. It was pretty easy to make him happy, my existence thrilled him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 26

• 2 weeks later...

Umm, did anyone see this video of the kids playing while a very large gun is just out on the open on top of their chair? How is this safe for children to play around?! What on earth……..

Screenshot from the YouTube vid attached

image.thumb.png.c9bbb41e5df6096847f2cbe15293ee2f.png

• Angry 8
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 11

This is why fundies isolate themselves. As a mandated reporter, I would have reported this to CPS. Don't hit me but I'm pro-gun BUT gun safety is soooooooooo necessary. Anyone buying a gun should have to take courses and go thru psychological evaluations. Too many are sold to mentally unstable people (as we see in the news). That gun should be in a proper locker away from the kids and  under a code and lock and key. In NY, years ago toy guns that look real were outlawed. We're not allowed to have them. 

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 5

This isn’t even a fundie thing. There are so many people in the US that are completely irresponsible with guns. And that’s how children end up shooting themselves or a sibling. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10

Not surprising- the Duggars always had a cavalier attitude to safety. Remember Jill Dillard proudly posting Michelle’s ‘hack’ of balancing a car seat precariously on a collapsible stroller?

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This isn’t even a fundie thing. There are so many people in the US that are completely irresponsible with guns. And that’s how children end up shooting themselves or a sibling. 

Or a parent.

I remember hearing something on the news about a toddler shooting his mother, so I searched those terms, "toddler shot mother." In recent years it's happened in Florida, Illinois, South Carolina, and Texas; and that's just the first page of results.

I'm deeply pessimistic, but I didn't expect to find so many recent examples of kids too young for kindergarten shooting their parents. I agree with everyone who points out the US has a problem with firearms.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

It almost seems like Joy posts photos/videos like this on purpose to cause controversy. I’m so not a fan of hers. 

Edited by Cam
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, Cam said:

It almost seems like Joy posts photos/videos like this on purpose to cause controversy. I’m so not a fan of hers. 

Why would they do that, though? Especially something like this that could warrant a CPS visit??

• Upvote 2

On a lighter note… Gideon has always been my fav duggar grand babe. Something about him has always been so geeky quirky and just beautiful looking. SMOOSHABLE

i wanted to see the percentages of peoples opinion but I didn’t want to give them any more clicks than I just had  

He has grown out of the quirky look and is now just handsome. He has Austin’s Jaw line and face shape but that kid is all Joy. IMO 35C272A8-4E9F-49B5-8B67-8BF7C4D2D17C.thumb.png.bd52878effa8489ce418ba643ff5b138.png

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

57 minutes ago, Keys said:

Why would they do that, though? Especially something like this that could warrant a CPS visit??

Even worse, it's not the first time they've had a gun visible in their living room. It happened a couple of years ago, I believe either before Evy was born or just an infant. The gun was well within Giddy's reach.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

Why would they do that? I guess I can’t imagine someone being so stupid and careless that they would mindlessly video their home having guns lying openly about without realizing it. Some people want to push the boundaries. Some want to see what they can get away with. Maybe Joy and Austin are like that. Seems of late she’s showing one reckless parenting photo after another. What’s up with that? 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

On a lighter note… Gideon has always been my fav duggar grand babe. Something about him has always been so geeky quirky and just beautiful looking. SMOOSHABLE

i wanted to see the percentages of peoples opinion but I didn’t want to give them any more clicks than I just had  

He has grown out of the quirky look and is now just handsome. He has Austin’s Jaw line and face shape but that kid is all Joy. IMO 35C272A8-4E9F-49B5-8B67-8BF7C4D2D17C.thumb.png.bd52878effa8489ce418ba643ff5b138.png

I think Joy and Austin look alike, more so the longer they’re together.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, Cam said:

Why would they do that? I guess I can’t imagine someone being so stupid and careless that they would mindlessly video their home having guns lying openly about without realizing it. Some people want to push the boundaries. Some want to see what they can get away with. Maybe Joy and Austin are like that. Seems of late she’s showing one reckless parenting photo after another. What’s up with that? 

Agreed. After they lost Annabelle I was impressed with them making it clear they were preventing pregnancy for a time. Unfortunately that’s been about the only thing they’ve done I’ve been impressed by. 

• Upvote 2

I think it’s an intentional signal to their viewers that they support gun rights, use guns and the government doesn’t control their kids’ proximity to guns. I’m sure Austin makes sure it isn’t loaded, but it only takes one time to forget to check. They’re willing to take the chance with their kids’ lives because safety is some type of liberal agenda.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I get shit stirrer vibes from Jessa but not Joy. Her personality just doesn’t seem like someone who wants to drum up controversy that could lead to CPS involvement. My guess is that they are just careless about gun safety. Which is more disturbing to me. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

This is the second time Joy has posted a video with a rifle in the background. I assume it was brought to her attention the first time, but it hasn’t stopped her from doing it again. Austin knows the rifle is there and that Joy is making a video. They don’t care what “haters” think and they are showing their supporters by example that guns are good and fine around kids. Austin is into the conservative politics crap. I think he’s totally into the message this sends. But no one can prove that. They’d have to admit it.

Edited by JDuggs
Grammar
  • Upvote 9

14 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I think both kids look ridiculously like Austin. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

I think it’s an intentional signal to their viewers that they support gun rights, use guns and the government doesn’t control their kids’ proximity to guns. I’m sure Austin makes sure it isn’t loaded, but it only takes one time to forget to check. They’re willing to take the chance with their kids’ lives because safety is some type of liberal agenda.

Exactly. 

32 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

This is the second time Joy has posted a video with a rifle in the background. I assume it was brought to her attention the first time, but it hasn’t stopped her from doing it again. Austin knows the rifle is there and that Joy is making a video. They don’t care what “haters” think and they are showing their supporters by example that guns are good and fine around kids. Austin is into the conservative politics crap. I think he’s totally into the message this sends. But no one can prove that. They’d have to admit it.

Yep. This is what make me think she likes stirring the pot. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think Joy and Austin look alike, more so the longer they’re together.

true now that you mention it 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

And here all I see is Spurgeon and thanks to Jessa's fake quotes, I have a strong dislike of the kid and his smarminess. 

I keep meaning to change my icon pic SMDH.

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic