IGNORED

M Is for Mama 14: Kids Don't Need Toys When They Have Chores!

nelliebelle1197

48 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

NO ONE SHOULD TAKE PARENTING ADVICE FROM HER!

That's what I don't get. How can anyone see that video and view her as a parenting role model?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

She related that their attempted first morning back to some kind of school schedule was a shitshow, because the 5 little boys were extra "exuberant".  I'm shocked I tell, you shocked.  🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

She related that their attempted first morning back to some kind of school schedule was a shitshow, because the 5 little boys were extra "exuberant".  I'm shocked I tell, you shocked.  🙄

Or Braggie was an extra impatient asshole. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or Braggie was an extra impatient asshole. 

I wonder if she’ll ever thoroughly crack? Probably the only thing preventing it is the extra parents she has in: the 3 oldest kids, her parents, his parents, the paid help, friends…

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

Wednesday questions…she is insufferable. Asked what she does for self care and she says she gets her nails done, but even that is a need more than a want because of Trich. She also mentions the gym and date night, but manages to complain about how older kids negatively impact her kid free evenings. Yes, Abbie, 16 YOs do stay up past 7PM.  And damn, doesn’t the fact that they take care of the little ones and cook, all the damn time, balance out those later bed times? And recently, didn’t she verbalize how much she enjoyed spending evenings with the older boys? Pick a lane, lady!

• Upvote 8
  • Angry 1
  • Eyeroll 8
  • WTF 4

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wednesday questions…she is insufferable. Asked what she does for self care and she says she gets her nails done, but even that is a need more than a want because of Trich. She also mentions the gym and date night, but manages to complain about how older kids negatively impact her kid free evenings. Yes, Abbie, 16 YOs do stay up past 7PM.  And damn, doesn’t the fact that they take care of the little ones and cook, all the damn time, balance out those later bed times? And recently, didn’t she verbalize how much she enjoyed spending evenings with the older boys? Pick a lane, lady!

You know what’s a NEED for trich? 

THERAPY. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 1

Just wow. Her arrogance is stunning.

As an aside, I was reading an article interviewing Elisabeth Elliot's daughter this week, and I thought of Abbie, because apparently EE was known for sending personalized handwritten notes to her readers. 

Made me chuckle b/c both of the evangelical rockstars Abbie chose to compare herself to apparently were humble and kind in real life and wrote back to their readers. Something about the way she inflated herself to compare herself with them whilst being unaware of their humility is on brand.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I’m really happy for Sarah and keep thinking about it with a smile! She was extraordinarily brave to move out and find this guy. I have a feeling they met on a dating site and I’m happy believing that they did or met in a way by Sarah being brave!!!

wrong thread!!! Hahah!!! 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

These kids would benefit so much from going to an actual school and getting a break from their mother and siblings.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

These kids would benefit so much from going to an actual school and getting a break from their mother and siblings.

I think they would do fine in an actual high school. They've been in a co-op and have received quite academic dedication from grandma, so their academic level may be better than other fundies. In addition, they are not isolated, so a high school wouldn't be a complete shock. But it's never going to happen...

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

manages to complain about how older kids negatively impact her kid free evenings.

Abbie is the complaining queen! teenagers can be obnoxious sometimes, but a kid that age can behave and talk almost as an adult, it's not someone who needs supervision and does not interfere in a quiet evening. If she wants to be alone so often, stooop haaaaviiiing kiiiids....

And well, most if not all teenagers would be happy to stay in their rooms early if they have free wifi and a smartphone. Just saying...

• Upvote 11

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I’m really happy for Sarah and keep thinking about it with a smile! She was extraordinarily brave to move out and find this guy. I have a feeling they met on a dating site and I’m happy believing that they did or met in a way by Sarah being brave!!!

wrong thread!!! Hahah!!! 

I enjoyed the intermission from the Abby 💩show.

• Haha 7

Braggie sang on an IG reel today.  Which will henceforth be known as - CRINGEFEST 2022.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie sang on an IG reel today.  Which will henceforth be known as - CRINGEFEST 2022.

We really need the vomiting emoji reaction-

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On 8/24/2022 at 10:31 AM, MomKB said:

That's what I don't get. How can anyone see that video and view her as a parenting role model?

How can anyone watch/listen to Lori Alexander and take her blather seriously?

21 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

And maybe be exposed to lots of books and ideas.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

"I once heard someone say..." Bitch, no you didn't. No one said that to you. Stop lying. Honestly, this post is just sad. She uses her smallest kids as background props for an Instagram rant about having patience with "foolish", "embarrassing", "inconvenient" children. Does Abbie even hear herself? I've never seen someone who openly hates being a parent more than her. She like her kids as props or when they're useful to her, like when they cook or fold laundry. Other than that they seem to be a constant source of irritation. There are some thoughts (like this post) that should be kept to yourself but in Abbieland, throwing her kids under the bus to sell books is much more lucrative. 

Spoiler

1619827857_Screenshot_20220826-1110532.png.24e9e9db4d6b62341d2a4fbcfc319314.png287563800_Screenshot_20220826-1110402.png.82059b71dd760eb54ad4fc3e8e583e0f.png776269043_Screenshot_20220826-1111142.png.47458ce9d298a2d51f8e5a446685924f.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 4

34 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

"I once heard someone say..." Bitch, no you didn't. No one said that to you. Stop lying. Honestly, this post is just sad. She uses her smallest kids as background props for an Instagram rant about having patience with "foolish", "embarrassing", "inconvenient" children. Does Abbie even hear herself? I've never seen someone who openly hates being a parent more than her. She like her kids as props or when they're useful to her, like when they cook or fold laundry. Other than that they seem to be a constant source of irritation. There are some thoughts (like this post) that should be kept to yourself but in Abbieland, throwing her kids under the bus to sell books is much more lucrative. 

Hide contents

1619827857_Screenshot_20220826-1110532.png.24e9e9db4d6b62341d2a4fbcfc319314.png287563800_Screenshot_20220826-1110402.png.82059b71dd760eb54ad4fc3e8e583e0f.png776269043_Screenshot_20220826-1111142.png.47458ce9d298a2d51f8e5a446685924f.png

WTF?! What a disgusting post! Tell me hate your kids without saying you hate your kids. I hope every single one of their kids grow up to disown both of them!

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

WTF?! What a disgusting post! Tell me hate your kids without saying you hate your kids. I hope every single one of their kids grow up to disown both of them!

Disgusting is the perfect word. Abbie is telling on herself again and tries to make it seem like all parents feel this way by using we, us, and our. WE don't feel that way, Abbie. You do. And maybe some of her followers do, too. I can see this attitude being much more prevalent among those who are forced to have a passel of babies for Jesus whether they want them or not.

I think it may also have something to do with Abbie's ideas about sin nature. She takes it as a personal moral failing if her children aren't constantly behaving in a way that reflects her godly guidance. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Disgusting is the perfect word. Abbie is telling on herself again and tries to make it seem like all parents feel this way by using we, us, and our. WE don't feel that way, Abbie. You do. And maybe some of her followers do, too. I can see this attitude being much more prevalent among those who are forced to have a passel of babies for Jesus whether they want them or not.

I think it may also have something to do with Abbie's ideas about sin nature. She takes it as a personal moral failing if her children aren't constantly behaving in a way that reflects her godly guidance. 

And what kind of Christian role model is she? She presents as a nasty shrew who uses Jesus both as a weapon and a shield; a get out of jail card if you will. And if she’s a complete biotch to others, you know she’s hell on wheels behind closed doors. Why does she expect better behavior from her toddlers than she does from her adult self?

A few months ago she was a complete bitch to Shaun, and when he asked her why she admitted that she was pregnant, and clearly NOT happy about it. She later went on to lose that pregnancy. That right there tells you all you need to know about what Abbie feels about motherhood.

• Upvote 12

I have a list of fundies I hope will never get pregnant again. Braggie is on the list because of her obvious disdain for her young children. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

A few months ago she was a complete bitch to Shaun, and when he asked her why she admitted that she was pregnant, and clearly NOT happy about it. She later went on to lose that pregnancy. That right there tells you all you need to know about what Abbie feels about motherhood

Did she recently miscarried? And she confessed they she wasn't happy about the pregnancy?

I can't understand her. She was so angry with the twins pregnancy too. Isn't God on charge? Isn't it a blessing? 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Did she recently miscarried? And she confessed they she wasn't happy about the pregnancy?

I can't understand her. She was so angry with the twins pregnancy too. Isn't God on charge? Isn't it a blessing? 

Yep, the timing of the pregnancy wasn’t to her liking. Maybe it’s because of that trip they had planned to Alaska? The last pregnancy, with the twin boys, they had a family trip planned to Europe, right? But then Covid ended travel.

I don’t understand why they don’t just use BC, get a TL or vasectomy? She’s soon to be 40 YO- can you imagine her with a special needs child? Good Lord please don’t let that happen.

She makes pregnancy and motherhood her cross and then takes out her displeasure and disdain on those kids-

God gives me babies I do not want, so I’ll take my displeasure out on them. Almost like fair, is fair.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, SuperNova said:

She uses her smallest kids as background props for an Instagram rant about having patience with "foolish", "embarrassing", "inconvenient" children.

The use of foolish reads really weirdly to me, especially with a photo of three obviously preschool children. Foolish to me is associated with older children and adults, who could be reasonably expected to know better. Kids that age not as much. 

As to if the kids are "making you run late" - she's the adult here. One reason I never planned to have a huge family is that the logistics get more complicated and the level of organisation required goes up. 

Honestly she makes multiple rods for her own back, and then martyrs herself on them. I really hope she's done with having kids (or that Shaun decides he'd rather not be abused and gets the snip).

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, SuperNova said:

I think it may have something to do with her narcissistic personality disorder. She takes it as a personal affront if she thinks the kids make her look bad. She is only able to experience herself as an individual, not her children (like JRod).  She cannot appreciate and value them as individuals. She does not deserve the gift she was given in these adorable little kids.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

This week Abbie is working on a shirt that says "You bet your stretch marks," apparently out of follower demand. 

1. This doesn't even makes sense.

2. Typical fundie cluelessness that all mothers don't necessarily experience pregnancy.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 1

Ticket for the clue bus for Braggie: stretch marks don't just happen because of pregnancy.  I've had them on my breasts since I was 15 and shot up 2 cup sizes in one summer.  And lots of people have them from weight fluctuations.  But of course, perfect Braggie would never experience that. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic