IGNORED

M Is for Mama 14: Kids Don't Need Toys When They Have Chores!

nelliebelle1197

I used facebook pretty regularly around 2006-2010 then I totally deleted my account. I have a very small very inactive account now mainly for Buy Nothing and to stay in touch with college roommates, things like that. 

I have an anon instagram account basically to follow a handful of content creators. 

I've never done TikTok and use YouTube as you expect a middle-aged person would - just for specific videos.

I like twitter the best, because it feels more like conversation and more direct (in a way?) I interact much the same way there as I do here. In fact when I first hopped on twitter, I was anonymous for forever and didn't realize it kind of has a negative connotation - I'm much more of the generation where convo like that would happen on forums where most everyone was anonymous unless they wanted to meet up in real life.

Do you think Twitter will really fold? I've been toying with the idea of mastadon, but I've heard it's quite different. I have to think that some entrepeneur will slip in pronto with a twitter alternative to scoop everyone up.

But back on Abbie, I had to reread a recent story several times, b/c it was difficult to decipher. She was talking about "being at peace with all ppl" (from the Bible verse), but it wasn't the typical context you'd expect, like, oh, if you've been a jerk to someone, make it right. 

She was talking about how watching someone else's content annoyed her, so she was being a peacemaker by giving the content another chance and then deciding it wasn't for her. 

It was set to this reel music about ppl not liking you being their problem which also really didn't fit with the idea she wrote about which was not posting things like "this is how I am, get over it." 

I don't know, maybe it was the equivalent of a subtweet and I just didn't know what it was about, but usually I can decipher the spiritual hoops ppl are jumping through, but this time it was too scattered. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic