IGNORED

M Is for Mama 14: Kids Don't Need Toys When They Have Chores!

nelliebelle1197

On 8/5/2022 at 2:40 PM, luv2laugh said:

Abbie never specified what type of prolapse it is but only said it was grade 3. Uterine prolapse has been assumed but it could be a different type.

Would pt help a rectal prolapse?

On 8/7/2022 at 8:37 PM, Cults-r-us said:

Would pt help a rectal prolapse?

People go to pelvic floor PT for all sorts of prolapses including that. 

Abbie’s secret to eating out:
Make the older kids take care of the younger ones.
That’s it. That’s the secret. Have enough kids that you can shove the new ones off on the older ones.

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 5

They have more than enough dough to hire a babysitter so that their older kids could enjoy a night to themselves or with friends, but that wouldn't be HARD enough for them, I guess.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, danvillebelle said:

They have more than enough dough to hire a babysitter so that their older kids could enjoy a night to themselves or with friends, but that wouldn't be HARD enough for them, I guess.

I think she does have a “mother’s helper” too. She said something about it awhile ago. Braggie has a ton of help. I think she just wanted to go out to eat with all ten to show off. And brag. It’s her life blood. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Oh, I didn't even look, I thought we were referring to date night.  My bad.

If I was in a restaurant and saw someone come in with 10 kids, let alone Braggie, I'd be saying "I'd like that to go, please" and hightailing it out the door.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Some of her leghumpers in the comments on the eating out post are the reason the rest of us can't have nice things.

"It's chaos sometimes, but we keep practicing!"  Fuck you, practice at home.

Braggie:  "We encourage good table manners (we're not strict)."

Translation:  "not strict" probably means the table looks like a tornado hit it when they're done.  But hey, no one stabbed anyone else with a fork, like she said happened years ago!  🙄

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 7
  • I Agree 1

All of my kids have really good restaurant manners because I practiced with them one on one in cafes since they were babies. And always have a tonne of little things for them to do with us. A small handbag with miniature books, small notebook, a few crayons/pencils, a car, a dinosaur, an animal and some other random item that fits in their hand. The bag is small enough that they can carry it. But I don’t have too many kids to cope with and use public education which gives me time to focus on the youngest. By the time they are 2, my kids know the routine. We eat at restaurants maybe 4 times a year, so the novelty helps too. 
My teenager still brings stuff in case it is a really long wait or the conversation with the younger siblings gets too annoying. 

Like every single post of hers I read, I just feel sorry for her poor kids. 

• Upvote 16

We always expected the same table manners that we would expect out, at home.  Family meals together shouldn't be chaotic. I think that's where Braggie doesn't seem to be able to relate, as mealtimes at her house, from what she's shown, tends towards a bunch of little kids at her ridiculously huge island constantly hopping on and off stools, running around it, yelling, and picking at their food.  The cook could be anyone from her to Simon to Evy or Nola trying to cook with a toddler on their hip. 

• Upvote 16

Nothing says quality writing like asking your followers to do your job for you. I've never seen a book writing process like this. I assume that before starting she had no more than a very basic outline at best, possibly just the title which we already know is going to be #hardisnotthesamethingasbad. Crowdsourcing ideas at the last minute when you're up against a deadline is piss poor planning. Then again, if the first book was any indication, the publisher's expectations are probably nice and low.

Spoiler

77560969_Screenshot_20220810-1125052.png.868dfdb39a48381b37e83ff1dc558839.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 10

She outsources parenting to her mother and the BroDads/ SisterMoms, why not outsource the book to the leghumper fangirls.

Braggie is all about offloading the hard so it's not bad -- for her.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

She's just half-assing it like she does everything else in her life - parenting (let mom and the kids do it), housebuilding (wonky corners, rooflines that converge at crazy angles, cabinets that extend into the baseboards - who cares?), speaking on public platforms (UM UM UM), watching out for her kids' safety (regular bruises and black eyes), dressing (having a room-sized closet full of nice clothes but living in workout clothes 90% of the time and looking like a 5yo who raided mom's closet the other 10%), trying to kindly advise people (and coming off like the smug narcissist she is).  All in a day's work for Braggie.

• Upvote 10

Abbie's in the 'hood: Motherhood. 

Could she be any more cringe if she tried? The way she tries to be hip is pathetic. She's a walking stereotype of the chronically uncool mom trying to be cool. The one that gets made fun of by anyone under 21 and the one that other parents roll their eyes at. 

Spoiler

1601606165_Screenshot_20220812-1713572.thumb.png.a257d289f6d8fa73ec2157218f119257.png

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 10
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1

On 8/9/2022 at 6:09 PM, Mrs Ms said:

All of my kids have really good restaurant manners because I practiced with them one on one in cafes since they were babies. And always have a tonne of little things for them to do with us. A small handbag with miniature books, small notebook, a few crayons/pencils, a car, a dinosaur, an animal and some other random item that fits in their hand. The bag is small enough that they can carry it. But I don’t have too many kids to cope with and use public education which gives me time to focus on the youngest. By the time they are 2, my kids know the routine. We eat at restaurants maybe 4 times a year, so the novelty helps too. 
My teenager still brings stuff in case it is a really long wait or the conversation with the younger siblings gets too annoying. 

Like every single post of hers I read, I just feel sorry for her poor kids. 

I feel sorry for the poor kids, and Abbie's idiot mother, and her mother's helper and the waitress and all the people in the restaurant (except Shaun, whatever his deal is): every single person who comes into contact with Abbie deserves sympathy.

• Upvote 8

She acts like she’s so special. Like she’s so different. Like she’s so set apart. And she’s astoundingly mediocre. But no one has ever let her know. Everyone around her just gives her butt pats and makes her think everything she does is grand. Her parents, husband and humpers are all pathetic. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Ok this may sound weird but I feel like public school might’ve put Braggie in her place. She was raised by a mother who obviously indulged her and devoted all her time to the education and raising of her two kids. If she had gone to public school, others would have let her know she’s not amazing at everything she does. The same goes for Jill Rod. Fundie princess syndrome. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

I'm bizarrely amused to find out that 1. There is apparently an Australian Christian book retailer (I've never heard of them but that is probably not surprising) and 2. There is one down the road from my sibling, which I have obviously never noticed.

Weirdly I was pretty sure they were from Melbourne based solely on the name (which I initially misread as Kooyong, the name of another suburb to the south). 

Call me cynical but I am dubious about the claim that 300 people in France are reading Abbie's book, let alone together.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ok this may sound weird but I feel like public school might’ve put Braggie in her place. She was raised by a mother who obviously indulged her and devoted all her time to the education and raising of her two kids. If she had gone to public school, others would have let her know she’s not amazing at everything she does. The same goes for Jill Rod. Fundie princess syndrome. 

Yes! The value of school is not just the academics.  The social skills are invaluable.  I actually asked my mom at one point to home school me (figured I could finish my work quickly and then read all day).  She told me that I needed to attend school to make friends. I guess she could have solved that by having 10 more siblings for me than she did, but I'm happy with the way things turned out. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

A goodreads review of Braggie's book that knocked it right outta the park:

"This book has a few very helpful and good nuggets of advice, but it's written so badly that they are hard to find. I really wanted to like this book because I actually agree with a lot of her parenting principles and ideas but just the whole way she presented it in this whole holier than thou way while at the same time shaming anybody who doesn't do it her way. It felt very unchristian to me. The author will say one thing then go and contradict it a few paragraphs later. She says she isn't judging because that's God's job but then goes on to spend the whole book judging and shaming other mothers and parents. The whole book reads as a self-congratulatory spiel on how good of a mother she is and you aren't. It feels like a back handed compliment the whole way through. So read this one with a grain of salt. It does have some good ideas but it's so overshadowed by condemning anyone who isn't her kind of Christian as being bad people that it's distracting."

And another one that made me laugh out loud:  "Just read her blog." 

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
  • Thank You 5

I remember taking all 5 out for dinner at Red Lobster (was still w/the X). I think the youngest was 3-4 years old at the time. They were well behaved because I was an utter and total bitch about table manners from the time they were old enough to hold a spoon. No, I didn't expect perfection from jump but they were learning from rather young (2-ish I think?). It eventually got to where we could take them anywhere and they'd behave. I wasn't loud, I didn't smack, but the "hairy eyeball" from mama was enough to keep them in line. They knew, like at a fast food place, to clear the table, throw their stuff away and yes, pick up what fell on the floor. All these years later, they STILL swear they can hear the "look" if they are being jerks. 

Yes, mama was a bitch about certain things. Not feeling any guilt over it. 

I have an occasional tough time with continence these days. More a combo of pain killers and reluctance to get up and go to the bathroom b/c it hurts like hell (have pics of the mangled leg). Between the bones and the insane amount of bruising from all the ligaments and tendons that got torn, it gets close to that horrible 10+ puking pain even WITH the pain killers. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 8

In today's episode of "My Ego is bigger than my house", Braggie made the following comparison:

She complained about people sending her DMs and saying "I know it's not Wednesday, but..." and asking her for specific direction on an issue she didn't touch on in her book.  

Then she said, and I quote: "Can you imagine messaging Elisabeth Elliot or C.S. Lewis and being like, can you please give me a personalized detailed life plan?"

Yes.  She compared herself to C.S. Lewis.  I think Elisabeth Elliot was awful, so I'm not touching that one. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 7
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

In today's episode of "My Ego is bigger than my house", Braggie made the following comparison:

She complained about people sending her DMs and saying "I know it's not Wednesday, but..." and asking her for specific direction on an issue she didn't touch on in her book.  

Then she said, and I quote: "Can you imagine messaging Elisabeth Elliot or C.S. Lewis and being like, can you please give me a personalized detailed life plan?"

Yes.  She compared herself to C.S. Lewis.  I think Elisabeth Elliot was awful, so I'm not touching that one. 

I had to laugh. Braggie comparing herself to CS Lewis is like my cat comparing himself to a puma 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 23

Look, if you insist the way you live your life ought to be the way everyone lives theirs, you need to be prepared for messages from people asking how they can achieve it.
This woman is *making money* by telling other women that they should be just like her. That they should believe in her religion, that they should follow her compulsions…. err, convictions, and consider her the ultimate authority.
She is telling her followers “I have the answers.”
And then getting mad when they ask her for them.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 17

It's hilarious to me that she thinks she got a book deal as a normal author and not a book deal because she is a christian influencer. She is acting like she's a famous author who happens to have an instagram account and people have found it and are now hounding her. The only reason the publisher gave her a deal was because she has 138k followers on IG. 

It would be totally fine for a creator to have in their IG profile that they can't respond to DMs, but offer question boxes weekly for followers. But to complain about people asking you for advice when you have positioned yourself as the real life expert is really gross and mean.

I follow a lot of authors on twitter and even christian authors (although they are liberation and justice authors, not fundies). None of them have ever complained about people reading their books through the library. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Um. By choosing social media as her platform, isn’t she implying that she is accessible to her followers? A simple “I wish I had the time and energy to follow up on all personalized requests, but I don’t” along with some generic advice would have been kinder to her actual fans.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic