IGNORED

M Is for Mama 14: Kids Don't Need Toys When They Have Chores!

nelliebelle1197

I’ve had stretch marks since I was 12.  Puberty was a bitch to me, I was that D cup 13 year old with amazing hips.  Everyone thought I was years older than I was.  It was hard though, I wouldn’t wish a body shape like that on a young teenager ever.  

Edited by treehugger
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 8

I have had stretch marks as long as I can remember. I probably got my first ones around 10 since I was a big kid. Lots of people have them long before they are pregnant. 

• Upvote 2

Imagine being one of the older kids and reading your mom’s book and discovering what she’s been saying about you and your siblings.
I’d be devastated.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

I have strech marks because puberty caused too fast body changes. 

My 2 pregnancies give me not a single strech mark. And nursing made me loss all my cellulitis!!! I suppose Abbie wouldn't be interested in my positive pregnancy statements, though.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Jessa is shilling for Braggie 83E158DD-C14D-4707-A81F-4D25667B6764.thumb.jpeg.bf05ebbdd8f13aaed6a0f26b862b9058.jpeg

Of course she is. Jessa is by far my least favorite Duggar daughter and I could easily see her relating to Braggie. I have a harder time seeing Jinger, Joy, or Jill relating to Braggie. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

I saw this little interaction between Jessa and Abbie this week. I guess their “homeschool mama” identities are what bonds them. And personality-wise, Abbie definitely seems closest in nature to Jessa. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.b5e46bbb716504f34356c18a23c78fa7.jpeg

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 9

I got stretch marks at about 14 when I went from "skinny, underfed boy" to "holy shit you really are a girl" in one summer. Flat to B cup in maybe 3 months. My first pregnancy destroyed my abdomen...should have known after the boob episode. Its fine with me. I see it all as who I am, that this body grew 3 beautiful kids. Now I'm older, chubby and droopy. That's all signs that I've lived, enjoyed food, and had more to fill my life than trying to hold on to some elusive youth. Well, if I could take some of the gut flub and make myself an ass that has more cushion than I have now (I have pretty much no ass at all). 

I stopped having kids after #3 (who was an oops too) because I was done. It wasn't the pregnancy and infant stage I hated it was the middle school and teen years with my kids. 

Being late...poor planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on my part. If you KNOW you run late, start earlier and don't blame your kids for your shit. I run late ALL the time. It's all my own damn fault because I fuck around until the "oh shit" strikes. I know this about me. I'm the queen of procrastination. I'm sitting here carefully avoiding grading projects and/or doing lesson plans for this week. I'll get 'em done. My Monday plan is watching and discussing the Artemis launch. 

I also got myself into a shitload of "trouble". I sort of went off at the head honcho at my Las Vegas school regarding the shitty computer skills my students there have. I'm willing to bet that since I didn't keep my mouth shut, I'll be the one tasked with revamping the computer literacy course. AND...I'm starting up my freelance design business again. I had my son's boss contact me regarding doing some work. Hmmm...

I wouldn't be doing all this if I had 10 kids. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Jessa is shilling for Braggie 83E158DD-C14D-4707-A81F-4D25667B6764.thumb.jpeg.bf05ebbdd8f13aaed6a0f26b862b9058.jpeg

So basically Abbie's admitting that she's  an impatient, crazy, mean, foolish, frustrated, impatient etc. person. Does she ever put two of her posts side by side, or even re-read anything?

Honestly, it's OK to admit that you're human, that kids provoke (frequently unintended) reactions, and that some days are worse for that than others - but seriously this post straight after her last one is just bizarre.  Yes Abbie, people have reactions to situations and sometimes they go over the top - they're tired, or hormonal, or something else is going on or it's just the final straw. Doesn't mean that that is their entire person - unless you're consistently mean, impatient, frustrated etc in which case you might want to look into that and maybe get some help.

15 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

This week Abbie is working on a shirt that says "You bet your stretch marks," apparently out of follower demand. 

1. This doesn't even makes sense.

2. Typical fundie cluelessness that all mothers don't necessarily experience pregnancy.

"You bet your stretch marks"...? Do what? Are what?  Why would people request this? It makes no freaking sense, and just makes people like me wonder what you're trying to say exactly. Stop trying to make fetch happen Abbie.

• Upvote 7

19 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

... basically Abbie's admitting that she's  an impatient, crazy, mean, foolish, frustrated, impatient etc. person.

She is all that and she admits it, but she thinks Jesus makes her all better.

Ummm ..... Braggie, Jesus didn't seem to work for you, you're still all those things. Mostly I believe because you didn't learn anything from Jesus. You didn't even try. You just announced he made you all better and that was that.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Abbie is showing her ass again. There's the right way to define family which happens to be the exact type of family she has. The rest of us are just bowing to the leftist media agenda that's trying to bombard us with worldly ideas like family is who we choose. The concept of inclusivity without prescribing any one lifestyle as the one true and correct way is beyond Abbie's pointy little head. 

Spoiler

1614159037_Screenshot_20220830-1206332.png.c073e9164815ea2ddd85e8eb5e4bb9b0.png639725808_Screenshot_20220830-1206222.thumb.png.5906ef4aee7785942236bda6baa01a4c.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Disgust 5
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Thank You 2

As someone who is a stay at home mom with a husband who works and two kids, I still find her post completely insufferable. There are so many ways to make a family. And that’s a good thing! If our culture was more supportive of different kinds of families, maybe women who are being abused by their partner wouldn’t stay in the relationship. Telling women this is the only right way to have a family is harmful. Women need to know they can leave their abusive husband and still have a big supportive family for their kids. There are so many other people who can help. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, best friends, etc. Braggie gets tons of help from her mother. That’s actually not normal. Most women her age don’t have a mother who is constantly homeschooling and having grandkids stay the night at her house. Braggie’s husband is gone constantly. Is he really that present? I doubt it. I imagine the kids spend way more time with her mother than Shaun. Yet she would shit all over a woman who left her husband and got support from her own mother. In a way that is very similar to Braggie. 

• Upvote 20

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

As someone who is a stay at home mom with a husband who works and two kids, I still find her post completely insufferable. There are so many ways to make a family. And that’s a good thing! If our culture was more supportive of different kinds of families, maybe women who are being abused by their partner wouldn’t stay in the relationship. Telling women this is the only right way to have a family is harmful. Women need to know they can leave their abusive husband and still have a big supportive family for their kids. There are so many other people who can help. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, best friends, etc. Braggie gets tons of help from her mother. That’s actually not normal. Most women her age don’t have a mother who is constantly homeschooling and having grandkids stay the night at her house. Braggie’s husband is gone constantly. Is he really that present? I doubt it. I imagine the kids spend way more time with her mother than Shaun. Yet she would shit all over a woman who left her husband and got support from her own mother. In a way that is very similar to Braggie. 

Agree 100%. Why can’t she just respect people whose beliefs do not exactly mirror her own? If family members are happy and healthy who is she to try and redefine their roles or negate their existence?

• Upvote 14

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie’s husband is gone constantly. Is he really that present? I doubt it. I imagine the kids spend way more time with her mother than Shaun. Yet she would shit all over a woman who left her husband and got support from her own mother. In a way that is very similar to Braggie

So true! And she says fathers are leaders. What kind of leadership is Shaun doing? He's always working and traveling and when he is at home, it's Abbie who says what to do. I very much doubt the children see Shaun as a leader and obviously Abbie doesn't!

BEC moment: why is everybody pristine in the picture except Shiloh? Poor kid has a stained old t-shirt while the others have nice clean clothes. I bet it's on purpose. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

"God ordained nuclear family" - Does this bitch realize that the "nuclear family" really didn't exist until the early 20th century? The "traditional family" of the past involved the WHOLE family. Generations living in the same house or land or village was and is common still. To this day, MOST families in the world live in some sort of multi-generational arrangement. 

How fucking stupid can these people be?

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

I wish I could bring up all the non traditional families in the Bible. Like Jacob’s wives who were sisters (Rachel and Leah) and then Rachel and Leah gave their slaves to their husbands in order to have more children. So Braggie, where are all those sister wives your husband needs? It’s in the Bible!

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1

I grew up with people raised by grandparents, an aunt and uncle, a bachelor uncle and a grandmother, a divorced mother, a widowed mother, a spinster aunt, a widowed father.

These were all families. Everyone recognized them as families. We didn't, even in my small rural southern town, throw shade because they weren't Braggie definition of a "real" family, 

I think DadBros Ezra and Simon are providing the fatherly leadership.  Even when Shaun is home he's not engaged with his children. He seems to have abdicated all parenting to his oldest sons.

Braggie can go pound sand. 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie is showing her ass again. There's the right way to define family which happens to be the exact type of family she has. The rest of us are just bowing to the leftist media agenda that's trying to bombard us with worldly ideas like family is who we choose. The concept of inclusivity without prescribing any one lifestyle as the one true and correct way is beyond Abbie's pointy little head. 

Hide contents

1614159037_Screenshot_20220830-1206332.png.c073e9164815ea2ddd85e8eb5e4bb9b0.png639725808_Screenshot_20220830-1206222.thumb.png.5906ef4aee7785942236bda6baa01a4c.png

Wow, some father. Why, he is such a godly leader and example, he doesn’t even need to hold one of his own kids, hug one of his own kids or even just hold a hand or place a hand on anyones shoulder. WTF!? The kids are way more affectionate to each other. He looks like a family friend standing between a bunch of siblings/cousins. 

• Upvote 9

Braggie has complained her dad was never home when she was growing up because he was always working to support the family so her mom could stay home. And it’s the same way for Braggie and Shaun. He has to work long hours and take a bunch of work trips so she can be a stay at home mom with an enormous house, Anthropologie clothes, and 10 kids.  Personally I don’t see the point of having one stay at home parent if it means the children never see the other. My husband works from home so he sees the kids all the time. If he had to work insane hours and take long work trips just to support us, I would say, ok I’m getting a job so you can see your kids more.  

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie has complained her dad was never home when she was growing up because he was always working to support the family so her mom could stay home. And it’s the same way for Braggie and Shaun. He has to work long hours and take a bunch of work trips so she can be a stay at home mom with an enormous house, Anthropologie clothes, and 10 kids.  Personally I don’t see the point of having one stay at home parent if it means the children never see the other. My husband works from home so he sees the kids all the time. If he had to work insane hours and take long work trips just to support us, I would say, ok I’m getting a job so you can see your kids more.  

I think sometimes that the military has sort of imprinted this concept in fundamentalism, given that many of them are married to people in the military: that dads don’t really need to be around if it’s for their career to support the family. Lori’s husband travelled a lot like Shaun and is always touting similar things. I think Ken travelled to consult dental practices and I think Shaun does something similar except to build websites for people. I’m surprised Lori isn’t doing collaborations with Abbie because the stuff sounds very similar except Abbie is more subtle about “modesty”.

4 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Hide contents

Did she seriously delete this post????

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 2

Can someone explain what kind of shit must’ve gone down for her to delete the entire post??? 

If no shit went down, did she read her and take the advice of you guys??? 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1

Ugh. 

In addition to what everyone else has said. The biblical illiteracy coming from "the Bible says" camp is pretty rich - contemporary fundamentalist families would have been irrecognizable to the biblical world - plus, JESUS HIMSELF REDEFINES FAMILY:

"46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

This is the point about church becoming the "family of God" where everyone - no matter their social status, class, ethnicity, gender - is welcome. The idolization of the white mid-1900s family unit (which as we've discussed here is pretty mythological anyone) by fundamentalists makes me so angry. It's Dobson's worldview/influence more than anything Christian.

Even so, is she not aware that there are families without present fathers even within fundamentalism? I mean, what is the point of this post anyway? To honor her husband? To preach to all the conservative women who follow her that they are right to be stay at home moms? What are they supposed to do if they have an absent, abusive, negligent, or cheating husband? (I mean, obvs, the fundie way is to stay with them)? Feel guilty about it or sad or ???

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic