IGNORED

M Is for Mama 14: Kids Don't Need Toys When They Have Chores!

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm not sure what salty means here and why she's telling her fans to be salty.

I think when evangelical conservative women use it they are referencing Jesus' teaching to be the "salt of the earth." It's extra cringe, b/c it's always in some context of them "standing firm" and saying unwelcome things about how everyone else should live their lives. Also I think it's a nod to the way "salty" is used in popular culture as being a little sassy/outspoken. So they are Christian-salty - equating their public opinions with biblical truth and blessing everyone around them to boot. If anyone is offended, well, they're just being salty.

So, theoretically, it's about being "salt and light" but when paired with their hostility to the surrounding culture, it's such a weird concept that I wonder if people ever examine it. Like, do you really think being judgy/rude online is going to attract people to Christianity? But then some days back she got a message from a snarker who converted to fundamentalism after following Abbie, so maybe they do believe that? 

• Thank You 1

54 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

TAM tells her humpers to stay salty 🙄 it’s so cringy.

Who is this? 

8 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Who is this? 

The Activist Mommy. Elizabeth Johnston. She has an old thread. She gets off on saying offensive hurtful stuff and getting attention for it. She’s sort of like a female Greg Locke. They are actually friends too. I’m waiting for a story to break that they had an affair 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Activist Mommy. Elizabeth Johnston. She has an old thread. She gets off on saying offensive hurtful stuff and getting attention for it. She’s sort of like a female Greg Locke. They are actually friends too. I’m waiting for a story to break that they had an affair 😂

I don't know who either of these people are, but in skimming her instagram page, feeling the usual knee-jerk reaction to Christian influencer moneymakers. Yikes. I think it's interesting that she has a highlight bubble labeled "narcissists" with her face right above. Oops! Social media help needed! 

Also, it's probably just my personal baggage, but what is it with these grown women making their identity "Mama" and "Mommy"? I understand that mother can be a huge part of a parent's identity - and even moreso in fundamentalism. But the infantilization. Gives me huge Mommy Dearest vibes.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I don't know who either of these people are, but in skimming her instagram page, feeling the usual knee-jerk reaction to Christian influencer moneymakers. Yikes. I think it's interesting that she has a highlight bubble labeled "narcissists" with her face right above. Oops! Social media help needed! 

Also, it's probably just my personal baggage, but what is it with these grown women making their identity "Mama" and "Mommy"? I understand that mother can be a huge part of a parent's identity - and even moreso in fundamentalism. But the infantilization. Gives me huge Mommy Dearest vibes.

Oh she’s heinous. I could give you a short rundown. She’s associated with the anti abortion protest crowds. Like the Campanas, Thomases, and Mortons. She used to go to the homes of abortion doctors with her kids and stand on the lawns saying he was a baby killer. She was married to a doctor who thinks ectopic pregnancies can magically implant in other places and should never be aborted. Her husband also wrote a book called The Reliant that turned into a Christian movie with Kevin Sorbo. But then at the beginning of the pandemic she said she and her husband were divorcing and played it like she was the victim in the marriage and he was the demon. I would guess they are both demons. Her husband is also obsessed with guns. No surprise. She has 10 kids and her second daughter is in a cult called SOLD and she dragged her little brother into it too. Mom seems to approve. She also begs for donations all the time even though she lives in a fucking mansion and probably gets a lot of child support from her ex. Her dad was in a scam with a lending business 20 years ago so the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. 

• WTF 3
  • Thank You 4

Yikes. Checked out the SOLD instapage. That kind of thing makes me so angry. Takes vulnerable young people. Puts them in a highly emotionally charged, spiritual environment. Isolated for 3 months. Baptizes that in spiritual language. So dangerous. As someone who spent years living out of a spiritual zeal, I see so many red flags. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Also...just came across this on instagram and it's the perfect "Little Miss" for Abbie.  And the post goes on to talk about how harsh parenting actually isn't biblical. Shots fired.

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 8.17.40 PM.png

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

Also...just came across this on instagram and it's the perfect "Little Miss" for Abbie.  And the post goes on to talk about how harsh parenting actually isn't biblical. Shots fired.

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 8.17.40 PM.png

Oh My! Roseuncharted! The person who posted this is a conspiracy theorists who posts all kind of nutty things to social media. She is as harmful as Abby in a different way! She also has sorts of nutty beliefs. I'm sure she justifies some of them with the same biblical truth nonsense. I really couldn't pick between the two of them.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Can anyone give a link or two to info about SOLD? When I google it all that comes up is real estate stuff, and googling SOLD cult is about cults selling things. Thanks.

I almost prefer that the crazies form their own religious groups. The only problem is in the US they typically want to label themselves “Christians.” No, Abbie, you are not following the teachings of a living, accepting Jesus. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Oh My! Roseuncharted! The person who posted this is a conspiracy theorists who posts all kind of nutty things to social media. She is as harmful as Abby in a different way! She also has sorts of nutty beliefs. I'm sure she justifies some of them with the same biblical truth nonsense. I really couldn't pick between the two of them.

Oh that's good to know. Have no idea who Roseuncharted is but Tialevings linked to her because she was exposing the Pearls. 

50 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Oh that's good to know. Have no idea who Roseuncharted is but Tialevings linked to her because she was exposing the Pearls. 

There’s a thread here about Rose - she is full on nutso. 

• Thank You 1

I cannot with this crazy bitch.  I CAN. NOT.

She posted reels today of:

1. The twins climbing onto an unstable side table (sometimes they're called garden stools) in the living room so that they can access the bookshelf with the typewriter on it and start banging away.  This goes on for a good 20 seconds or more and she just stands there filming them.  One lurch or one false step from either kid and down they'd go, face first.

2. She filmed her kids running barefoot on cement.  She said "I was afraid it would burn his little feet but he didn't flinch."  YOU CLUELESS BITCH, take your own shoes off and walk on it.  When it's over 90 outside, the pavement can reach 140+.  You're not even supposed to walk your DOG on it.  

AAAAGGGGGHHHH.  No one can convince me there haven't been multiple ER visits for this family that she never, ever mentioned.

• Upvote 7
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 6

12 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

1. The twins climbing onto an unstable side table (sometimes they're called garden stools) in the living room so that they can access the bookshelf with the typewriter on it and start banging away.  This goes on for a good 20 seconds or more and she just stands there filming them.  One lurch or one false step from either kid and down they'd go, face first.

2. She filmed her kids running barefoot on cement.  She said "I was afraid it would burn his little feet but he didn't flinch."  YOU CLUELESS BITCH, take your own shoes off and walk on it.  When it's over 90 outside, the pavement can reach 140+.  You're not even supposed to walk your DOG on it.  

AAAAGGGGGHHHH.  No one can convince me there haven't been multiple ER visits for this family that she never, ever mentioned.

It’s almost like she wants her kids to get hurt! I bet she’s the type of parent that would then say, “that’s how kids learn!” While taking them to the doctor for an X-ray. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

The typewriter photo op was strange. Yes, the babies are super cute, but the long trailing plant leaves from three shelves up were an invitation for a toddler to explore. One little tug and that whole plant would topple on their heads. 

• Upvote 3

And did one of the kids have a bruise on their cheek? She’s a moron.

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I doubt she even bothers with the ER. I recall her saying they don’t do well checks and rarely use doctors.

• Upvote 4

I've also noticed the twins get all her camera time now.  Shiloh has been relegated to forgotten status with Theo and Honor.  The lost boys. 

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I've also noticed the twins get all her camera time now.  Shiloh has been relegated to forgotten status with Theo and Honor.  The lost boys. 

It’s like Zoo. She would always focus on the oldest most dutiful ones and the youngest ones. All while ignoring the middle ones. Actually now that I think about it, this has happened in a lot of large families. Like the Duggars and the Nogs. It has even happened a bit in the Bateses. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s like Zoo. She would always focus on the oldest most dutiful ones and the youngest ones. All while ignoring the middle ones. Actually now that I think about it, this has happened in a lot of large families. Like the Duggars and the Nogs. It has even happened a bit in the Bateses. 

It's because they are past their cuteness phase but before their helpfullness phase. They are not getting married/having babies/graduating from homeschool at 16 or being a sister mom nor are they cuddly and delicious.  

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, JMO said:

It's because they are past their cuteness phase but before their helpfullness phase. They are not getting married/having babies/graduating from homeschool at 16 or being a sister mom nor are they cuddly and delicious.  

What’s funny is that age is my favorite. 

• Upvote 1

Abbie says she has a grade 3 prolapse and is seeing a physical therapist. I wonder if she’s going to not have as many more kids or stop. I will say that I feel for women that deal with that because I’ve heard it can be a very scary and uncomfortable thing to deal with. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

That has to be a sign that her childbearing days are over. She will have to have surgery to fix that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic