IGNORED

M Is for Mama 14: Kids Don't Need Toys When They Have Chores!

nelliebelle1197

What’s with Braggie Abbie & Jessa promoting each other a lot now? Is Abbie banking on getting Jessa to promote her book to her 2.5 mil+ followers? 
381841F2-00D8-470E-855C-39852C3388A6.thumb.jpeg.e527f7408695a819b1bb9143675f9e0c.jpeg

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 4

3 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

What’s with Braggie Abbie & Jessa promoting each other a lot now? Is Abbie banking on getting Jessa to promote her book to her 2.5 mil+ followers? What a user…
381841F2-00D8-470E-855C-39852C3388A6.thumb.jpeg.e527f7408695a819b1bb9143675f9e0c.jpeg

They are just leg humping each other for likes. Barf.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They are just leg humping each other for likes. Barf.

It’s a “convenient friendship” to be friends with someone that has 2.5 mil+ followers when you’re trying to market a book… $$$

I bet next time Abbie hosts a women's’ get together like last year with other Christian Instagram influencers, Jessa will show up… I won’t be surprised if they become BFFs. I think Braggie is calculating. After all, she said she only started a blog to build a following for writing a book one day. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

10 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

It’s a “convenient friendship” to be friends with someone that has 2.5 mil+ followers when you’re trying to market a book… $$$

I bet next time Abbie hosts a women's’ get together like last year with other Christian Instagram influencers, Jessa will show up… I won’t be surprised if they become BFFs. I think Braggie is calculating. After all, she said she only started a blog to build a following for writing a book one day. 

I could see Braggie trying very hard to make them BFFs. But part of me can also see them falling out due to their awful personalities. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

It’s a “convenient friendship”

I first read that as a “covenant” friendship and thought, “What would that look like?!”

Does any former fundie talk about the effects (good or bad) that headship husband marriages have on women developing friendships with each other?

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I could see Braggie trying very hard to make them BFFs. But part of me can also see them falling out due to their awful personalities. 

Agree. People with such abrasive personalities rarely get along-

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Agree. People with such abrasive personalities rarely get along-

But they can be extremely entertaining to watch!

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

But they can be extremely entertaining to watch!

Sometimes I picture certain fundie females meeting. And it often doesn’t go well in my mind. Like Braggie and Jill Rod. They are both narcissistic fundie princesses who think they are always right about everything. But they differ a lot on clothing, style, and lifestyle. So I could see both of them looking down on the other if they ever met in person. And it would just be passive aggressive jab after jab in Christian-ese. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sometimes I picture certain fundie females meeting. And it often doesn’t go well in my mind. Like Braggie and Jill Rod. They are both narcissistic fundie princesses who think they are always right about everything. But they differ a lot on clothing, style, and lifestyle. So I could see both of them looking down on the other if they ever met in person. And it would just be passive aggressive jab after jab in Christian-ese. 

JRod would make fun of Abbie being immodest for not wearing skirts and Abbie would pick on JRod’s homeschooling skills & throw pretentious vocabulary around her. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

I think Jessa was reading Abbie's book and shared something from it. You better believe Abbie noticed and is flattering Jessa here. Since when does Jessa post any content about biblical mothering? 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I think Jessa was reading Abbie's book and shared something from it. You better believe Abbie noticed and is flattering Jessa here. Since when does Jessa post any content about biblical mothering? 

I think Braggie’s book is just a collection of Instagram posts so it’s easy to read. It’s also a type of book that makes fundies pat themselves on the back as they read. I’m sure they love that. I wish a fundie would actually read a book that challenges their beliefs for once. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

On 8/30/2022 at 4:39 PM, Melissa1977 said:

BEC moment: why is everybody pristine in the picture except Shiloh? Poor kid has a stained old t-shirt while the others have nice clean clothes. I bet it's on purpose. 

Also, he and Theo/Honor? are the only ones wearing what look like old sleeveless undershirts. It's an odd choice.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Also, he and Theo/Honor? are the only ones wearing what look like old sleeveless undershirts. It's an odd choice.

I don’t know anyone who would think those dirty looking stretched out white tank tops looked good on their kid. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

he and Theo/Honor? are the only ones wearing what look like old sleeveless undershirts. It's an odd choice.

It's not an odd choice if you really don't like nor care about the 2 youngest boys.

Once the twinbies get to toddler stage and aren't cute any longer (i.e., trouble), they will be the same after/non thoughts as Honor and Shiloh.

DadBros Ezra and Simon do the best they can as "parents", but Braggie is a horrible mother.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Groan. So much about this, but especially this bizarre "excellent Christian" talk. Maybe you can get there via the Protestant Work Ethic & the Spirit of Capitalism, but, on the whole, there is no sense of "excellence" let alone identity of "motherhood" in the Bible. 

And, I mean, why is she bringing Jesus into it? When does Jesus draw anyone up into "excellent motherhood in freedom"? Whatever that religiospeak even means.

So I imagine Jessa reading this means she's still in the fundie Christianity/parenting mindset. It's so upsetting that these people have huge platforms to peddle this unhealth to begin with - and also to profit by it. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

Groan. So much about this, but especially this bizarre "excellent Christian" talk. Maybe you can get there via the Protestant Work Ethic & the Spirit of Capitalism, but, on the whole, there is no sense of "excellence" let alone identity of "motherhood" in the Bible. 

And, I mean, why is she bringing Jesus into it? When does Jesus draw anyone up into "excellent motherhood in freedom"? Whatever that religiospeak even means.

It means they are free to be self-righteous, mean-spirited, child-neglecting asswipes and feel superior about those qualities because Jesus.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Abbie links to a snarky video imagining what it would be like if homeschooling parents passively aggressively talked to traditional school parents in the grocery store. Nothing really new there except that Abbie's commentary is that maybe we should all "mind our own business" and let other parents make the decisions they know to be best.

PAHAHAHAHA. Her and other (Christian influencer's) book and profile are basically the epitome of not minding one's own business and telling everyone else how to parent/live. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Joy commented that she loved Braggie’s book. I’m guessing Joy has read very few good books in her life and the bar is set insanely low for her. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

Oh my Abbie talking about others minding their own business. Heck, she’s doubly bad as she makes MONEY telling others how to live their lives!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

Abbie links to a snarky video imagining what it would be like if homeschooling parents passively aggressively talked to traditional school parents in the grocery store. Nothing really new there except that Abbie's commentary is that maybe we should all "mind our own business" and let other parents make the decisions they know to be best.

PAHAHAHAHA. Her and other (Christian influencer's) book and profile are basically the epitome of not minding one's own business and telling everyone else how to parent/live. 

Unbelievable. Abbie's entire public (and I suspect private) existence is based on comparing herself to others and declaring herself better. My God, she even calls other mothers mediocre right in the title of her book. She wouldn't know how to mind her own business if her life depended on it. She constantly offers her unsolicited opinion on a variety of topics that she's clearly ignorant about.

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joy commented that she loved Braggie’s book. I’m guessing Joy has read very few good books in her life and the bar is set insanely low for her. 

FTFY:) I think Joy would struggle reading the children's menu at Cracker Barrel. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Two more sane folks on goodreads who do NOT think Braggie is the bee's knees:  

"DNF bc this book was irritating me so much. Originally a 1 star book for me but gave it an extra star in the end bc I do believe the base message that we need Christ in all things, especially motherhood, but disagree with the authors means of conveying that message.

Irritated for the following reasons:
1. I have a really hard time taking advice from someone who has 10 kids, homeschools, teaches workout classes, runs a blog, writes a book, builds houses with her husband and says she just “naturally has energy” and never drinks coffee. 🙄
2. Her first “sin” reveal is that she scrolled too much on her phone shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding AFTER the kids went to bed. 🙄🙄
3. Who is this book suppose to be for? All of her examples of “mediocre” motherhood seem very much like people who need the hope and love of Jesus. I would never give this book to a non-believer. And for Christians- we have FREEDOM IN CHRIST! We are not mediocre in His eyes. We are beloved. We are His masterpieces- Ephesians 2:10.
4. The writing style is too casual. Reads like a really long SM post that doesn’t stop. I was skipping paragraphs simply bc there were SO MANY words on the page and it took SO LONG to get it to the point.
5. None of her “sin” reveals (that I got to, bc again DNF) were relatable. They all seemed pretty silly to me. The author tells us she’s not perfect but then doesn’t share any real problems. I’ve had too many mom friends visit motherhood hell. This author almost seems naive to the trauma many mothers find themselves living through.
6. I mostly walked away from this book feeling like this author has only 1 viewpoint (hers!) and that’s the right way. All other viewpoints are mediocre.
7. And finally- as a self described “lazy mom”- there’s nothing wrong with being mediocre unless your pride tells you there is. Mom’s sacrifice day in and day out. I don’t need anyone calling me mediocre when at the end of the day my kids are loved by me and their dad and they know it."

"Gosh, this was such a disappointment. I made it one chapter in and felt queasy going further. This message is so dangerous for so many reasons, first it’s wrapped in scripture and some sound messages and principles. Relying on Christ and not your own strength, driving parenting wisdom from scripture and not cultural norms- all good messages. But the idea that serving your child pizza every night for a week or wearing the same clothes three days in a row (an example from the book) is a mediocre way to show up as a mother and resting in friendships as a way to hear “me too” in the struggles of motherhood as a bad thing is such a toxic and shameful message. I’m so heartbroken for the moms who read this and feel shame for how they’re showing up and when they’re doing their best but this author paints that as falling short of the glory of God."

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 4

So I watched her stories and they did a family movie night with the new Top Gun. Reminds me of how the Mortons are all into The Office.  The new Top Gun is a great movie and mostly about the flying but there's a whole subplot about Mavericks on and off again love affair. There's no explicit scenes but there is a lot of implicit ones and one in particular would be apparent to anyone who knows what sex is. I assume they give the kids a speech about "Don't do this" but the movie shows them not shattered by broken heart pieces. And it's not the same woman from the first movie. It's just so hypocritical. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JMO said:

So I watched her stories and they did a family movie night with the new Top Gun. Reminds me of how the Mortons are all into The Office.  The new Top Gun is a great movie and mostly about the flying but there's a whole subplot about Mavericks on and off again love affair. There's no explicit scenes but there is a lot of implicit ones and one in particular would be apparent to anyone who knows what sex is. I assume they give the kids a speech about "Don't do this" but the movie shows them not shattered by broken heart pieces. And it's not the same woman from the first movie. It's just so hypocritical. 

She has also said she uses “vidangel.” It’s supposed to cut out cussing and sex. I don’t know if it works on everything. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic