IGNORED

Katie & Travis 4: Still under the Umbrella of Patriarchy

samurai_sarah

So which Clark sibling will announce a pregnancy first? Will they have to go in the order of when they got married? Will Kayla announce first? Then Mike and then Travis? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So which Clark sibling will announce a pregnancy first? Will they have to go in the order of when they got married? Will Kayla announce first? Then Mike and then Travis? 

Seriously, I bet they have all been strongly advised to wait a certain period of time, like a year after the wedding, before they are given the go ahead to start trying. And maybe some of the couples want to wait longer. At a certain point, I think they would receive the advice to get on the baby train.

I found it interesting that Travis addressed the number of kids questions exactly how most thought it would be answered. I bet number four would be in the event of the first three being the same sex.

• Upvote 11

18 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

Seriously, I bet they have all been strongly advised to wait a certain period of time, like a year after the wedding, before they are given the go ahead to start trying. And maybe some of the couples want to wait longer. At a certain point, I think they would receive the advice to get on the baby train.

I found it interesting that Travis addressed the number of kids questions exactly how most thought it would be answered. I bet number four would be in the event of the first three being the same sex.

His uncle Charles Clark has 3 girls! Lol he obeyed. The cousin who just announced a pregnancy had been married 2 years when conceiving whole a different cousin was married one year when her child was conceived. So I am going to guess that Katie will not get pregnant before their 1 year anniversary. But anytime after that is possible. 

• Upvote 5

Katie's uterus probably heaved a big sigh of relief when they definitely mutually agreed to the number 3-4 which they came to completely on their own with no family pressure.  None.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 18

I would not be able to relax enough to have sex if I was either of them! The thought of how dad(in-law) would react to an oops would make me celibate !!

• Upvote 8

13 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

I would not be able to relax enough to have sex if I was either of them! The thought of how dad(in-law) would react to an oops would make me celibate !!

Maybe dad Clark would react the same way to 0 children. Poor Katie. I bet her uterus is quivering. And not in the good way. 

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Fundies are so irresponsible. I hate when they don’t fix their pets. Of course they never got around to it. Because it wasn’t important to them. But now the poor dog almost died and there are 10 more dogs in the world that need homes. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

They intentionally bred Remi, just like Travis mother does with her dog(s). They will make money off those puppies. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 7/20/2022 at 11:16 AM, JDuggs said:

Why do we think the parents are involved? Seems much more likely all these couples decided to wait a bit. That's what most couples do, in my experience.

The Clarks are creepy but they're not stupid. They know they have no control in this area, unless they are sitting in the bedroom handing Travis a condom.

• Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Why do we think the parents are involved? Seems much more likely all these couples decided to wait a bit. That's what most couples do, in my experience.

The Clarks are creepy but they're not stupid. They know they have no control in this area, unless they are sitting in the bedroom handing Travis a condom.

I think the parents are involved because that’s what fundie parents do: try to control their kids’ lives. And I just think that’s the advice Travis’s parents were giving. If there was an oops, I think they would get over it and be happy about it. And most couples do wait, but it’s not typical in the Bates family. Katie has demonstrated that she’d like a baby. She could be just goofing around for social media, but I think she’d be thrilled to be pregnant. It’s Travis who seems to want to wait and he seems very compliant to his parents.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Fear and control are powerful things. The Clark family is very close, they do a lot together, there are financial ties (the school/the band). Even if there is no physical fear involved (and we all saw the belt video), there is the emotional angle. It is why so many extremist churches use the threat of shunning to keep their members in line, becasue the idea of being cut off from everything you know is terrifying.

Travis was raised to listen to his parents. To be obedient. But everything he knows is also in their orbit. His social circle is tied to their church and school. His music career..his bonds with his cousins and siblings. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

If a person understands anything about cults then they know adults can be controlled by their parents. Especially young adults just married. This disagreeing is all just trolling. I would ignore. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

If anyone wants to see some good old school of the dining room table spelling feel free to check out Katie’s Instagram stories right now of the puppy names. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Fear and control are powerful things. The Clark family is very close, they do a lot together, there are financial ties (the school/the band). Even if there is no physical fear involved (and we all saw the belt video), there is the emotional angle. It is why so many extremist churches use the threat of shunning to keep their members in line, becasue the idea of being cut off from everything you know is terrifying.

Travis was raised to listen to his parents. To be obedient. But everything he knows is also in their orbit. His social circle is tied to their church and school. His music career..his bonds with his cousins and siblings. 

I hear you. But even the most closely-controlled fundies rebel. They sneak food they aren't allowed to have. They dont' rat out a misbehaving sibling. They say they're reading the Bible but sneak a copy of Harry Potter. We've all read incidents of these kinds of rebellions.

Katie is so young and silly. I can easily see her saying, "Let's just tell them we had a oops baby"" Giggle, giggle.

As for Travis, he seems pretty compliant, but I doubt he is 100% obedient in everything. I think he just feels quite young and inexperienced.

I doubt the Clarks would cut them off because they had a baby, of all things. Besides, they need Travis for their singing group. It would be against their own self-interest.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 2

I think the fear of violence would make someone less likely to rebel. I wouldn’t put it past the Clarks to beat up any rebellious kid. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

I think the fear of violence would make someone less likely to rebel. I wouldn’t put it past the Clarks to beat up any rebellious kid. 

They are so open about their birthday spankings that I could see it happening. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2

Devan Clark is going to teach at the family church school this year. I swear this family is seeming more and more like a small family cult every day. The Clark Cult is scary. 

• Upvote 16

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Devan Clark is going to teach at the family church school this year. I swear this family is seeming more and more like a small family cult every day. The Clark Cult is scary. 

This doesn't surprise me, she was a student teacher last year. 

Also Katie has started teaching one of the Sunday School classes. 

• Upvote 7

On 8/2/2022 at 12:21 AM, SorenaJ said:

Well, that is a very good point. And also true.

Fear of violence also leads to sneaking and lying, though. We've seen a lot of that with fundie kids. If Katie and Travis wanted to have a baby, they would sneak and they would lie, and really, no one could prove that they were doing so. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think a baby is pretty obvious proof of going against the rules….

You've never heard of an "oops" baby, i guess. Well, it happens. 

And that's assuming that creepy Mr. Clark even made a "rule" about babies. Right now, that "rule" is in your imagination.

It's more like a story that you are making up ("What would the Clarks do next. . .") than anything based in reality. Very creative, actually. 

I wonder if Katie reads her and laughs. "They actually think your Dad. . ."

I think it's far more likely that Travis pointed out he's just graduated, they don't have much money, and they have many fertile years ahead of them--so  he wants to wait.

Katie knows she's supposed to obey, and Travis knows she is supposed to obey, so that was the end of that. I can certainly see a 21-year old boy wanting to wait.

I suppose a story about a FIL who imposes baby-making rules is more exciting. But not terribly realistic, IMO.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Eyeroll 3

On 7/14/2022 at 11:43 AM, JDuggs said:

I wonder if any of Katie’s siblings are wanting a puppy at a discount? Maybe Zach/Whitney or Trace/Lydia. I don’t think that Josie/Kelton,  Michael/Brandon, Tori/Bobby, Nate/Esther, Lawson/Tiffany or Alyssa/John would be interested right now. Remi is a very cute dog, but so big.

So Alyssa and John are taking one of the puppies which surprises me. I guess Alyssa is showing she doesn't hate dogs, just Duke lol.

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 6

32 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

So Alyssa and John are taking one of the puppies which surprises me. I guess Alyssa is showing she doesn't hate dogs, just Duke lol.

I bet they will end up rehoming it. The dog is small now but it will get really big like remi. Alyssa will probably hate how big it is and how much trouble it causes peeing on her carpet and scratching at her doors. Plus you need to get it groomed every two months because it could mat and tangle. 

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet they will end up rehoming it. The dog is small now but it will get really big like remi. Alyssa will probably hate how big it is and how much trouble it causes peeing on her carpet and scratching at her doors. Plus you need to get it groomed every two months because it could mat and tangle. 

My worry is that she'll keep it constantly crated.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic