IGNORED

Katie & Travis 4: Still under the Umbrella of Patriarchy

samurai_sarah

So Katie said she took the test the day before she and Travis flew out to Tennessee, which was roughly June 20th, and the line was pretty faint. So she is probably 10-11 weeks pregnant now. 

• Upvote 6

Well, I hope that if they do have issues pertaining to the things discussed on here, that they can sort it out as much as possible before the baby comes. I think it’s hard to anticipate how big a life stress a new baby can be, and the stress it can put on a marriage/relationship. The sleep deprivation and massive lifestyle change can be quite tough. My husband and I are in our late twenties, established careers, financially stable, and have been together almost 10 years, and I don’t think either of us anticipated just how hard having a newborn would be until she came, despite knowing that it would be tough. I don’t see these two as being very mature or independent, and I can see them thinking that having a newborn is all about the cuddles, outfits, cute Instagram pics, etc. And if that’s the case, they’re in for a big shock. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

Your know for all that we (rightfully) call Papa Clark creepy, Katie seems pretty comfortable with him. Watching the video, she went and was holding his hand aftetr they told him. 

Re-watching, he seems more stunned than anything but they do give really, really weird vibes. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Since Kayla is 25 and has been married the longest. I really thought she would be first to announce a pregnancy. She’s been married over a year now so maybe she will announce in the next few months. Katie seemed to get pregnant right after he graduated. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

So in tales on the Stepford Clark's, Katie and Travis's baby announcement was done by the same.photograoher and the same style as his cousin who announced a few weeks ago. 

And they also used the "my parents are giving me a human" shirt on their dog. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

On 8/1/2022 at 9:32 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If a person understands anything about cults then they know adults can be controlled by their parents. Especially young adults just married. This disagreeing is all just trolling. I would ignore. 

Oh, Jermajesty. How wrong you were.

Katie and Travis didn't seemed scared at all when they told the Clarks. They were laughing and happy. Apparently there were no "rules" about conception. That was just fan fiction, as I said earlier. An imaginary story made up to create excitement.

I hope you've learned that having a difference of opinion is not trolling. You seem to want an echo chamber. You will be disappointed about that, because people won't always agree with you. It's a good lesson to learn.

On 8/1/2022 at 9:06 AM, CanadianMamam said:

Fear and control are powerful things. The Clark family is very close, they do a lot together, there are financial ties (the school/the band). Even if there is no physical fear involved (and we all saw the belt video), there is the emotional angle.

I saw happiness and laughter. No fear at all. Travis hugged his dad. Katie held his hand.  No sign of an "emotional angle."

I agree the Clarks are creepy and distasteful. But I saw no evidence of the fantasy described here, with Daddy Clark terrifying the young folks into using birth control.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Fuck You 3
  • Eyeroll 5

7 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Oh, Jermajesty. How wrong you were.

Katie and Travis didn't seemed scared at all when they told the Clarks. They were laughing and happy. Apparently there were no "rules" about conception. That was just fan fiction, as I said earlier. An imaginary story made up to create excitement.

I hope you've learned that having a difference of opinion is not trolling. You seem to want an echo chamber. You will be disappointed about that, because people won't always agree with you. It's a good lesson to learn.

I saw happiness and laughter. No fear at all. Travis hugged his dad. Katie held his hand.  No sign of an "emotional angle."

I agree the Clarks are creepy and distasteful. But I saw no evidence of the fantasy described here, with Daddy Clark terrifying the young folks into using birth control.

No one's point about Daddy Clark's reaction and what it says about him wanting to control pregnancy decisions was proven, certainly not yours, as his reaction was edited out of the video. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Did they say when they are due? I hope everything works out well for them, but they are definitely a couple I worry about. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Did they say when they are due? I hope everything works out well for them, but they are definitely a couple I worry about. 

I think March.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

February/March. Based on when she recorded the video (near the end of June), she is due right around March 1. 

• Upvote 3

All I really have to say is...... good freaking luck to them because they're going to need it. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Love the absolute shock from the Bateses. What??? Are you serious that our young adult married daughter who was raised to have as many kids as possible is having a BABY???? Zomggggg

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 19
  • Love 2

I remember Katie Grace Bates was given this name because each of her names have 5 letters. She was born at 5:55 on October 5th. She got married and still has a last name with 5 letters. Will she pass on this naming trend to a daughter? There are plenty of 5 letter names to pick from. Avery, Emily, Lilly, Haley, Clara, Sofia, Riley, Piper, Bella, Tegan, Norah, Julia, Sloan, Rowen, Molly, Naomi, Margo. 

• Upvote 15

So, they said that they are having a baby in March. 

That means that baby was conceived sometime in June, and this was filmed sometime in July. 

My daughters due date was March 12th, conceived June 17 and LMP was June 1. Found out June 30th. 

Do we know when this trip was? It was sometime probably in July... ultrasound looks about 8-9 weeks. So it could be early-mid march as I got my 10 week ultrasound done on August 9th. 

This was back 2018-2019 though.

ETA: Watched more, she said beg of march, end of feb. So this trip was mid June. I know ive seen elsewhere people talking about Carlin holding baby Zade.

Edited by OldFadedStar
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OldFadedStar said:

That means that baby was conceived sometime in June, and this was filmed sometime in July. 

I looked back in this thread. Katie and Travis visited together on June 22nd. She told Kelly that she wasn't even 4 weeks yet. Beginning of March sounds right. Boy did they announce early.

• Upvote 6

When they were talking about telling Travis's family, they said "we'll tell the siblings on Monday," and in the video of them telling the rest of the family, everyone is wearing red, white and blue, so I'm guessing the Clark siblings/grandparents were told on Fourth of July, which was a Monday. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

When they were talking about telling Travis's family, they said "we'll tell the siblings on Monday," and in the video of them telling the rest of the family, everyone is wearing red, white and blue, so I'm guessing the Clark siblings/grandparents were told on Fourth of July, which was a Monday. 

Yeah, the timeline is they told Katie's family when they were in Tennessee (around the 22), then Travis"s parents when they got back (likely 27-28) and his siblings "one week later" on the 4th.

• Upvote 2

So Katie is part of the BSB trip. She was included in a reel on the boutique account as part of the team. I wonder if she is working for them in some way remotely? 

• Upvote 2

On 7/17/2022 at 8:13 PM, Jackie3 said:

Why at a discount? 

I'm not sure how Clark Sr. could prevent Katie and Travis from tossing away their birth control. Unless he is there in the bedroom with them every night. If she became pregnant, they could just claim the birth control failed.

I am seeing comments about the Dad and Grandfather being controlling and I am late to the game to know anything about the Clarks other than they sing and Travis is young. Where is the real scoop info about the Clarks, not just opinions? And “the belt” video, what’s up with that?

Edited by sansan
Additional question
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, sansan said:

I am seeing comments about the Dad and Grandfather being controlling and I am late to the game to know anything about the Clarks other than they sing and Travis is young. Where is the real scoop info about the Clarks, not just opinions? And “the belt” video, what’s up with that?

The belt video is horrifying. I imagine it can be found on youtube?

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

A426A68C-C049-40C5-B5AF-85E1743A1E20.thumb.png.fd13f98fc1a1456b906b12fe5febdd98.pngB5905A06-2F50-4F6A-83E7-BACBC9CA9753.thumb.png.21f0ccc7a3cd0582f178729466260ddd.png25F57BA2-AFE3-4281-BF22-5528F0C75DFA.thumb.png.fd417a91c2ea3b60863ac184af91eca4.png25F57BA2-AFE3-4281-BF22-5528F0C75DFA.thumb.png.fd417a91c2ea3b60863ac184af91eca4.pngA426A68C-C049-40C5-B5AF-85E1743A1E20.thumb.png.fd13f98fc1a1456b906b12fe5febdd98.png

I’m guessing girl… B5905A06-2F50-4F6A-83E7-BACBC9CA9753.thumb.png.21f0ccc7a3cd0582f178729466260ddd.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Changed my mind boy

3 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I’m guessing girl… B5905A06-2F50-4F6A-83E7-BACBC9CA9753.thumb.png.21f0ccc7a3cd0582f178729466260ddd.png

I am not a huge believer in nub theory but based on the photo in her stories, I say boy. 

Screenshot_20220816-211636.thumb.png.1b25e4da618b2547e3b6b7cd402a1b6f.png

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanadianMamam said:

I am not a huge believer in nub theory but based on the photo in her stories, I say boy. 

Screenshot_20220816-211636.thumb.png.1b25e4da618b2547e3b6b7cd402a1b6f.png

Yep I changed my mind when I saw the other pics too 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic