IGNORED

Katie & Travis 4: Still under the Umbrella of Patriarchy

samurai_sarah

921518022_Screenshot_20220806-1714522.thumb.png.f665e74039b489263dbeb522b56699b6.pngKatie is pregnant..

Video isn't up yet, so no details but even if she doesn't quite make it by their first anniversary, the Bates streak of pregnancies in the first year of marriage is intact except for poor Michaela. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

Well...there's nothing else for her to do. Travis is the youngest sibling but will be a parent first...and we all knew it would happen all the long. 🙄

• Upvote 10

She doesn't like to drive, or stay in New Jersey, she and Travis have some tension and both families are a nightmare... I wish them the best, but this situation isn't that great and adding a baby to it won't necessarily help.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

She doesn't like to drive, or stay in New Jersey, she and Travis have some tension and both families are a nightmare... I wish them the best, but this situation isn't that great and adding a baby to it won't necessarily help.

Having babies hasn't really stopped Carlin or Josie from travelling. Until baby is 2, they can fly for free and I bet Katie and baby make a bunch of trips to New Jersey and Florida in the first two years (Carlin and Layla went to Florida several times).

Driving is a problem but she hasn't really mentioned it months, so maybe she is more comfortable? She and Travis have also seemed much more comfortable the last few months (since just before  Lawson's wedding) and I wonder if besides adjustment, there was tension because of the baby issue and he said "we can try once I graduate" and they did. 

A baby defintirly isn't a bandaid but at this point it is here. At least with these two, I do believe they will keep their family size small. 

• Upvote 5
  • Move Along 1

I'm not surprised. She hasn't been doing anything since they got married except traveling for events. Seemed like it was a waiting for the baby time. 

• Upvote 11

6 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Having babies hasn't really stopped Carlin or Josie from travelling. Until baby is 2, they can fly for free and I bet Katie and baby make a bunch of trips to New Jersey and Florida in the first two years (Carlin and Layla went to Florida several times).

Driving is a problem but she hasn't really mentioned it months, so maybe she is more comfortable? She and Travis have also seemed much more comfortable the last few months (since just before  Lawson's wedding) and I wonder if besides adjustment, there was tension because of the baby issue and he said "we can try once I graduate" and they did. 

A baby defintirly isn't a bandaid but at this point it is here. At least with these two, I do believe they will keep their family size small. 

I do think it’s likely Katie talked him into it. I wish they had a video telling the Clarks about the pregnancy. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

I just watched YouTube vid. Interesting reaction by Pop Clark...or maybe he's in shock. Waiting to see what everyone thinks 🤔

Edited by Tangy Bee

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I do think it’s likely Katie talked him into it. I wish they had a video telling the Clarks about the pregnancy. 

They do. Daddy Clark is not happy.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I just got the sense Poppa Clark was in shock more than anything.  Didn't Travis say he was crying? Hopefully she doesn't have the same clotting disorder her sisters do.

• Upvote 3

Just watched the video. The Clarks are so cold, or maybe not happy (with the exception of the siblings though, Kayla was crying).

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

I just got the sense Poppa Clark was in shock more than anything.  Didn't Travis say he was crying? Hopefully she doesn't have the same clotting disorder her sisters do.

I believe she does. I thought it was mentioned, which might be why she was saying possibly late February.

• Upvote 1

I thought they would wait longer.

Daddy Clark barely reacted, but i think it is him being a stoic manly man and not because he was unhappy, since Travis said he later cried about it. The whole family seemed a bit in shock/didnt know how to react.

Edited by llucie
spelling
  • Upvote 3

I wonder if Daddy Clark is afraid that, since raising the babies is the woman's job, this will drive the couple closer to the Bates (since Katie will undoubtedly be asking her mom and sisters/sisters-in-law for advice) and his control will be lessened. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, llucie said:

I thought they would wait longer.

Daddy Clark barely reacted, but i think it is him being a stoic manly man and not because he was unhappy, since Travis said he later cried about it. The whole family seemed a bit in shock/didnt know how to react.

Probably because no one in the family has gotten pregnant that quickly after marriage. Cousins included. 

• Upvote 8

@JermajestyDuggarthat's because no one married a Bates before. The ENTIRE Clark family had to know the Bates fertil protocol once they get married. It all started with a video and Travis was sprung! They still have not addressed their "no touch" courtship but we all have a pretty good idea whose idea it was. Now we wait for a gender reveal 🙄

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I laughed a lot at his fathers reaction and katie being like "surprise"  in his face 🤣 

his mother was nicer about it, his dad started his investigation immediately after "when did you find out 🤨"

like what did you expect from young fertile couple ? that's the outcome that you will get after all the crazy boundaries.

Spoiler

1339658293_Screenshot2022-08-07at2_00_34am.thumb.png.04e8a69f33fb16e8e4afe446a24d1e58.png

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Just watched the video. The Clarks are so cold, or maybe not happy (with the exception of the siblings though, Kayla was crying).

The Clarks aren't fundies that like to make a lot of babies. I think the Clarks are fundies and in many ways they're not any better than the Bates. I can't blame them though for being unhappy, even though they should have known better. Several of the Duggar in-laws reacted the same way on television. It's like what did they expect?

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

I don't care if she can travel. To me traveling a lot shows a certain amount of unhappiness. I said I wished them well, but I'm sad these two are having a baby when there seems to be a lot of problems for the couple. This is a snark site, not a fan site. I'm not their friend, and even if I was I would have mixed emotions. As a friend, I might try to hide it, but this is a snark site. I'm sure her family, many of their friends, and their fans are thrilled. 

The clotting disorder that five of the oldest 6 daughters is another problem. It makes pregnancy more difficult and dangerous.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

I just watched YouTube vid. Interesting reaction by Pop Clark...or maybe he's in shock. Waiting to see what everyone thinks 🤔

I noticed that part of his reaction was edited out. I wonder what they deemed not appropriate for us to see.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

My sister announced her first pregnancy very close to her first wedding anniversary. And my mom was not happy. I remember clearly. Because my mom thought she was too young. My sister always said they would wait a few years. But there was an oops. Yes, my mom is religious but she’s nothing like Mike Clark. He’s a controlling ass. I doubt he took this super well. 

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My sister announced her first pregnancy very close to her first wedding anniversary. And my mom was not happy. I remember clearly. Because my mom thought she was too young. My sister always said they would wait a few years. But there was an oops. Yes, my mom is religious but she’s nothing like Mike Clark. He’s a controlling ass. I doubt he took this super well. 

Yes, the sad thing by Bates' standards she's not even that young. She'll be 22 before the baby is here.

• Upvote 8

I was still in university when I got pregnant with my first and my ILs were defintiely more wary than excited at first, specifically my husband's siblings, but they came around. And yeah, for them it was about concern. 

• Upvote 1

I just thought of something. I know Katie records everything because she grew up in front of a camera. But part of me wonders if she also recorded telling the Clarks because she thought daddy Clark might act better about it if he is on camera. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Yes, the sad thing by Bates' standards she's not even that young. She'll be 22 before the baby is here.

And the third longest marriage to baby period. Only Erin (multiple miscarriages) and Michaela (infertility) waited longer to have their first child. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

Oh God. The way my stomach knotted the second I heard. So they'll have either a boy who will participate in the family "roughhousing" or a girl who will be raised as a servant to men. Poor kid is f&#%*$ either way. 

• Upvote 16

• Coconut Flan locked this topic