IGNORED

Katie & Travis 4: Still under the Umbrella of Patriarchy

samurai_sarah

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh those puppies won’t be free. I bet they charge a pretty penny for them.

I wonder if any of Katie’s siblings are wanting a puppy at a discount? Maybe Zach/Whitney or Trace/Lydia. I don’t think that Josie/Kelton,  Michael/Brandon, Tori/Bobby, Nate/Esther, Lawson/Tiffany or Alyssa/John would be interested right now. Remi is a very cute dog, but so big.

4 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

I wonder if any of Katie’s siblings are wanting a puppy at a discount? Maybe Zach/Whitney or Trace/Lydia. I don’t think that Josie/Kelton,  Michael/Brandon, Tori/Bobby, Nate/Esther, Lawson/Tiffany or Alyssa/John would be interested right now. Remi is a very cute dog, but so big.

Zach and Whitney just took one of Lydia's mom's kittens. Lydia has a cat. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Zach and Whitney just took one of Lydia's mom's kittens. Lydia has a cat. 

Yeah Lydia is definitely a cat person. I really hope those pups go to homes of non quiverful families. Because we know what happens to dogs in quiverful homes. They are loved at first but then end up mostly ignored because there are way too many kids that need cared for and they end up rehoming the dog because it’s too much work. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Just what the pet overpopulation needs.  10 more mixed breed dogs.

This.  I say this as someone whose grandmother responsibly raised show-winning boxers, but I'm not thrilled about.

There are enough dogs/cats/etc.  Go to a shelter and adopt (I have two rescue cats, including one who was "old and feral").  TnR ferals you can't domesticate.  All that jazz.  

Full disclosure: My opinion is also tempered by the fact that my ex husband and his new wife have spent close to 2K on two pure-bred Australian Shepherds in the past two years, but don't contribute a penny to our daughter's extra-curriculars, sports, etc.  So, I mean, I'm obviously a little biased.

Edited by monkeyrocks71
  • Upvote 24

16 hours ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

Full disclosure: My opinion is also tempered by the fact that my ex husband and his new wife have spent close to 2K on two pure-bred Australian Shepherds in the past two years, but don't contribute a penny to our daughter's extra-curriculars, sports, etc.  So, I mean, I'm obviously a little biased.

Oh I feel this; I’m so over people getting expensive designer dogs. My SIL, who has a toddler, a spaniel that she already ignores, and is pregnant, just got a $4500 mountain doodle because it “looked cute.” She’s already told me that she refuses to train it other than throwing a shoe at it when it barks and that that’s her husband’s job. 

On 7/13/2022 at 10:43 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh those puppies won’t be free. I bet they charge a pretty penny for them.

Oh they’re easily going to get $3K or more for each puppy. Goldendoodles are the “premier” designer breeds 🙄 That means a minimum of $30K for them in profit on poor Remi. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 3

11 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

Oh I feel this; I’m so over people getting expensive designer dogs. My SIL, who has a toddler, a spaniel that she already ignores, and is pregnant, just got a $4500 mountain doodle because it “looked cute.” She’s already told me that she refuses to train it other than throwing a shoe at it when it barks and that that’s her husband’s job. 

Oh they’re easily going to get $3K or more for each puppy. Goldendoodles are the “premier” designer breeds 🙄 That means a minimum of $30K for them in profit on poor Remi. 

Although they will likely get all the puppies check ups and vaccines so that will eat into their profit a bit. Plus food expenses. 

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I swear these people are so weird.

I agree. The Clarks are weirder than a lot of fundies.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 7/14/2022 at 8:43 AM, JDuggs said:

Why at a discount? 

On 7/13/2022 at 11:48 AM, Bobology said:

I read here that others in the Clark family breed these dogs. Could the over-controlling Clark dad and/or the grandpa be highly suggesting or even requiring Travis and his siblings to start off marriage like this in order to get a taste of the workload of having an actual child?

I'm not sure how Clark Sr. could prevent Katie and Travis from tossing away their birth control. Unless he is there in the bedroom with them every night. If she became pregnant, they could just claim the birth control failed.

Michael has stated in her IG Q&A's a few times that her and Brandon's rental doesn't allow pets. And I can't see Alyssa with a pet like a dog.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Michael has stated in her IG Q&A's a few times that her and Brandon's rental doesn't allow pets. And I can't see Alyssa with a pet like a dog.

A dog would dirty up Alyssa's house & kids. She won't allow that🤣

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

A dog would dirty up Alyssa's house & kids. She won't allow that🤣

That’s why she will take the kids to Erin’s house when they move to Florida. That way the kids can play with animals Alyssa doesn’t have to cleanup after. I have a feeling they will visit them regularly. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s why she will take the kids to Erin’s house when they move to Florida. That way the kids can play with animals Alyssa doesn’t have to cleanup after. I have a feeling they will visit them regularly. 

Well, maybe its a good trade-- Alyssa's kids can go play with the animals; Erin's kids can visit and use the pool.

I assume they Katie and Travis did the dog photo shoot partly for marketing purposes?

• Upvote 7

Ok this is so random,

I saw this women on a youtube video thumbnail and she looks like an older Katie

Spoiler

900170661_Screenshot2022-07-18at11_54_59pm.png.abe33560b25f68ca515c60c1d6f6a4c5.png

Spoiler

1921977961_Screenshot2022-07-19at12_00_59am.thumb.png.1e18d9a8a2bc6f32c697bb87989420f9.png

Edited by Dbm
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I'm not sure how Clark Sr. could prevent Katie and Travis from tossing away their birth control. Unless he is there in the bedroom with them every night. If she became pregnant, they could just claim the birth control failed.

Cause emotional control is far more powerful than physical control. If they, Katie and Travis, are scared of him and/or believe they owe him obedience, Clarck Sr. doesn't need to sit in their bedroom to exercise full control over them. He's likely the authority figure for them and they bow their heads to him. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
typo
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Just say 3 kids. We know that’s all you’re allowed to have. 

4C10D487-B692-4B28-94BD-C8D7F9323F65.jpeg

They were also asked if they would move to TN and he said they are happy in NJ right now. Yeah right. Katie isn’t happy. But daddy Clark is the boss of Travis. So they will stay. 

• Upvote 15
  • Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just say 3 kids. We know that’s all you’re allowed to have. 

4C10D487-B692-4B28-94BD-C8D7F9323F65.jpeg

They were also asked if they would move to TN and he said they are happy in NJ right now. Yeah right. Katie isn’t happy. But daddy Clark is the boss of Travis. So they will stay. 

He said 4 just in case the 3rd pregnancy are twins.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

He said 4 just in case the 3rd pregnancy are twins.

“But dad! She didn’t mean to have twins! I promise!”

• Haha 23

These two were pretty interesting to me:

Screenshot_20220720_115529.thumb.jpg.26ab76c3546f78dec0506fa7c13bebd1.jpg

Screenshot_20220720_115540.thumb.jpg.9f2030bb75d6c5ba03b0e95877e0092a.jpg

I will believe it when I see it re: Katie getting a job. I don't see how she can "settle" in NJ fully when she is constantly travelling, has a million visitors and is too scared to drive herself. 

• Upvote 16

On 7/14/2022 at 11:43 AM, JDuggs said:

Kelton and Josie just got Willow a bunny, so I think that is probably the only pet for them. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic