IGNORED

Katie & Travis 4: Still under the Umbrella of Patriarchy

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

Where is everyone seeing this vid? Did I miss a link?

@Bluebirdbluebell postet the link to the reddit thread with the video on the previous page. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

And it was one of the students who posted the video to social media, thinking it was so funny. Like WTF how do you think that is funny and not creepy? so much toxic masculinity.

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 2

20 minutes ago, llucie said:

And it was one of the students who posted the video to social media, thinking it was so funny. Like WTF how do you think that is funny and not creepy? so much toxic masculinity.

He’s in a role of authority. There’s no way they would question his behavior publicly. So they just act like it’s a big joke. Because if they actually saw it for what is was. Boundary stomping aggression. Then they would realize they have no power or ability to stop his inappropriate behavior. They just have to laugh and go along with it. 

• Upvote 14

15 hours ago, llucie said:

It's a way to (try to) overcome abuse. Pretending it's a joke or not big deal. I know elders who were beaten as kids and remember that anecdotes as funny ones. Of course they weren't... But for some people, saying I'm a victim is like saying I'm weak or I'm unfortunate. Sometimes it takes a lot of courage to call oneself a victim. 

I wonder if Clark senior was high? Drunk? He was overexcited.

Edited by Melissa1977
Clarify
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

I don't think I can overstate how disturbing I found that video. I have two sons who about the same age as the students in that video. As a parent, if I were to have seen someone at their colleges treating them that way I would be furious. There is no explanation that would possibly make sense. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Yet I can guarantee that even having seen the video, none of those boys were pulled out of that school. Fundies seem to find humor in that kind of behavior.

• Upvote 10

In their latest youtube video they show images from a car accident Katie had 18 months ago, she totalled the car and fractured her face, it may explain Katie fear of driving.

Also they are breeding their dog.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 11

15 minutes ago, llucie said:

In their latest youtube video they show images from a car accident Katie had 18 months ago, she totalled the car and fractured her face, it may explain Katie fear of driving.

Also they are breeding their dog.

Of course they are breeding the dog since they aren’t allowed to breed themselves yet. There are plenty of poodle mixes in the country. They don’t need to make more. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Fundies love them some backyard breeding. I hope they have money set aside for complications, but they probably don't. 

I'm a vet and recently learned that our ERs are so backed up that emergency c-sections are no longer treated as an emergency.  They can't stabilize all the sick animals already waiting and get the dogs on the table in time to save the puppies most of the time. I wish everyone thinking about breeding knew that. As someone who devoted herself to saving animal lives and has done emergency and c-sections in the past, this was devastating to learn. But there are simply not enough vets to care for the insane amount of pets people have these days.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 10
  • Love 12

I think someone said Travis’s mom has a poodle she breeds poodle mixes with. So I think his brother has a poodle/Berner mix. I’m not sure if his sister has a poodle mix. Or some other kind. But having a dog is like a requirement in their family. 

• Upvote 6

Just watched the video. Wtf???? This man has no boundaries. And what’s worse is the purpose of his behavior seems to be to show that he has no boundaries. He’s sending the message that he can pull this shit publicly and no one will do anything about it. Creating a climate of control. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think someone said Travis’s mom has a poodle she breeds poodle mixes with. So I think his brother has a poodle/Berner mix. I’m not sure if his sister has a poodle mix. Or some other kind. But having a dog is like a requirement in their family. 

Yes his mother breeds dogs, they mention it in the video. Thats one of the reasons they gave as to why they decided to breed the dog, since that makes him an expert aparently. Other reasons given was that their dog has an exemplary character (i am the only one remembering their dog peeing on the guests bed?) and that people told them she is so cute and they must breed her. Katie said she is probably going to keep one of the puppies so i asume they will sell the rest.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, llucie said:

Yes his mother breeds dogs, they mention it in the video. Thats one of the reasons they gave as to why they decided to breed the dog, since that makes him an expert aparently. Other reasons given was that their dog has an exemplary character (i am the only one remembering their dog peeing on the guests bed?) and that people told them she is so cute and they must breed her. Katie said she is probably going to keep one of the puppies so i asume they will sell the rest.

What about the character of the other dog? That’s going the make a huge difference too. Since their dog is a cross, they will have to find the same kind of cross that isn’t related. Some of the dogs might come out as a surprise. They might be smaller or have a coat that isn’t the same as Remy’s. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

One of the reasons doodles haven't actually become true breeds - since all the other breeds had to be developed through selective reproduction - is because they're so unpredictable with what traits the puppies will inherit.  They can be perfectly pleasant companions and although I do roll my eyes at the prices people pay for them sometimes, I could see myself being perfectly happy with one.  After all, I never thought I'd own a pug and yet into my lap she landed after I saw her on an emergency.

• Upvote 10

7 hours ago, llucie said:

I can't with these people (Katie and Travis, or the people who say this to them). Of course the dog is cute, most dogs are! Just because a dog is cute doesn't mean it needs to have puppies. Especially when cute dogs are euthanized for no good reason every single day in this country. I wish they would use some of their apparently copious free time to volunteer with an animal rescue instead. But that won't make them any money 😒 My pets are my babies, can't imagine using their bodies for my own profit.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

I can't with these people (Katie and Travis, or the people who say this to them). Of course the dog is cute, most dogs are! Just because a dog is cute doesn't mean it needs to have puppies. Especially when cute dogs are euthanized for no good reason every single day in this country. I wish they would use some of their apparently copious free time to volunteer with an animal rescue instead. But that won't make them any money 😒 My pets are my babies, can't imagine using their bodies for my own profit.

I mean Katie was raised by people who used her and her siblings for profit and who monetized their children's pregnancies.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

The Clark's are the weirdest family. They are the least fun fun family I have ever seen. So creepy with so many red flags and yet they do so many fun things. The vacations, the mini golf and family board games and yet they still look so joyless. It just baffles my mind that these people can suck the life out of so many fun activities. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

The Clark's are the weirdest family. They are the least fun fun family I have ever seen. So creepy with so many red flags and yet they do so many fun things. The vacations, the mini golf and family board games and yet they still look so joyless. It just baffles my mind that these people can suck the life out of so many fun activities. 

My speculation would be that growing up with a controlling and abusive dad would suck the fun out of everything. Meaning I could imagine them all walking on eggshells around him because they don’t want to make the wrong move. It’s pretty joyless to constantly be worried you are going to get in trouble for the most mundane things. Again this is just speculation on my part based on the behavior of his father and grandfather. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8

I do want to point one thing out about Travis’s extended family. So here is the Clark family tree. The Clark grandparents have 3 children, two sons and a daughter. As I’ve said before, those three children also had three children each. Travis’s dad and uncle are part of the church/school/college. Both Clark men and their children are following the rules. However, their sister appears to be divorced and works as a realtor. So she works outside of the family business which is basically the church. Her 2 daughters seem to be following the rules but her son doesn’t seem to be. I just want to point this out because I think it’s good that Travis has one cousin that isn’t following the family rules. That could help if he decided to go against his dad at some point in the future.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Katie is back in Tennessee to help Carlin move, and this finally inspired me to make this quick & dirty timeline of Katie's travels and visitors since she's been married. Sources are her IG and threads here; I can't be bothered to listen to their YouTube.  All dates are approximate (could be very wrong!) and I may have missed a visit or two.

Dec 3 -married
Dec 4-14 K&T Honeymoon
Dec 14-17 K&T in Tennessee w/Katie's family
(Christmas, Christmas Eve at Travis' parents)
Dec 27-Jan 6 Addie & Ellie visit
Jan 8-9 Nathan&Esther visit
Jan 13 Jackson visits (dinner only)
Jan 20-27 Katie's best friend visits
Feb 14-21 K&T in Cabo with Clark family
Feb 23-26 K&T in Tenn for I love you day
March 10-12 K&T join Clark family recording trip in NC
March 12 Kelly & Addie visit Katie in NC
Apr 4 Katie alone to Tennessee to meet Zade
Apr 11 Josie visits NJ
Apr 28 Kelly, Jeb, Judson visit NJ for Travs' grad
May 12-16 K&T in Cali for Tiff&Lawson wedding
Jun 3-10 K&T NJ shore vacation w/Clark family
Jun 11-14 Katie alone to Tenn to help Carlin move

aaaaand she mentioned recently that she and Travis have tickets to go back to Tennessee at some point soon.

So Katie and Travis haven't spent more than two weeks at home alone as a couple since they got married; the longest stretches without activity are in late March and late May. Assume that when they are at home they're spending every second or third night with some of Travis' family. I find this pretty incredible. They haven't really had much time to establish a normal, everyday routine just the two of them. Is Katie actively trying to avoid that, or is she just really really homesick? I don't think it's a great start for a stable marriage.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 10

I always wonder if I am the odd one out, because I don't find it that bizarre. We spent one weekend a month with my ILs, one weekend with my mom and then sporadic visits for friends, etc. 

Katie comes from a large family with a lot of people, has no kids and no job, there is only so much she can do all day at home with the dog. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I always wonder if I am the odd one out, because I don't find it that bizarre. We spent one weekend a month with my ILs, one weekend with my mom and then sporadic visits for friends, etc. 

Katie comes from a large family with a lot of people, has no kids and no job, there is only so much she can do all day at home with the dog. 

That’s the crazy part. Most people have jobs and tight schedules. They can’t take a bunch of time off to fly here and there or entertain out of town guests all the time. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic