IGNORED

Katie & Travis 4: Still under the Umbrella of Patriarchy

samurai_sarah

Continued from here:

Edited by samurai_sarah
  • Thank You 1

I sort of wonder what Katie does all day.  She's not working. When they're not traveling around, she does her hair on IG.  What else does she have going on? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I cannot see these two as parents at this point in time. They both seem like very young 21 year olds in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I sort of wonder what Katie does all day.  She's not working. When they're not traveling around, she does her hair on IG.  What else does she have going on? 

She did post about going to a tent meeting. Maybe they spend all their time doing church related activities 🤔??

• Upvote 2

I respectfully say I'm disappointed the thread title is about her maybe being pregnant? I would reference his older male relatives treatment of him.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I respectfully say I'm disappointed the thread title is about her maybe being pregnant? 

Yeah, I feel like we’re kind of reinforcing the idea that there’s nothing for her to do now but get pregnant.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah changed the title to Katie & Travis 4: Still under the Umbrella of Patriarchy
3 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Yeah, I feel like we’re kind of reinforcing the idea that there’s nothing for her to do now but get pregnant.  

That's the way it is. The Bates kids don't even get a thread until they're courting. Then it's all about the wedding, the first pregnancy and the next pregnancy. 

I realize that this is what the Bates kids were raised to do. But FJ also reinforces this idea by the focus on the same things! How about Michael's business or Brandon's books or Josie's career? 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Josie's thread is about their new grill, to be fair. That's more exciting than a new baby.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Josie's thread is about their new grill, to be fair. That's more exciting than a new baby.

Katie and Travis: Maybe They Should Get a Grill

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 30
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Katie and Travis: Maybe They Should Get a Grill

Fundies aren't allowed to use birth control and they can't have TVs, but they are allowed to have a grill!

Grills: the fundie birth control.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Right? I would have have Kelton's new grill than another baby. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

New video of Travis's dad where seems to be touching someone inappropriately. Here's a link to the reddit thread where this is being discussed.

Trigger Warning; Inappropriate Touching

Spoiler

He works at the family college. He seems to be massaging a student and then bites the other guy's ear. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 22
  • Thank You 1

I swear Travis’s dad freaks me out more than a lot of fundie dads. He has a very dominating and aggressive personality. It’s so scary that he can do this openly with the camera rolling. Imagine what he does in private. Actually don’t. Fuck.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 14

WTAF. That is so disturbing. His posture is so domineering and, given the fact that the boys were seated at a table, they are trapped! Watching the expressions of the faces on the kids across the table, too. This is so upsetting that he is doing that in public, and it is obviously not unexpected behavior by the group. My God.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

What on earth?! So inappropriate, concerning, and disturbing. What was he thinking?! This man is scary. I would not want my kids to be around him. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Someone on Primetimer asked why we were talking about Travis' dad. Uhm, HELLO! there's a pattern of abuse with this guy. Who knows how he'll treat his grandkids? Who knows if Travis will think this behavior is okay and start acting inappropriately? So many red flags with the Clarks. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

I'm scared about that. We've been joking about Katie's baby, but I hope the baby gets a long time to come and Katie and Travis realise where they are before becoming parents. I doubt it, though.

I'm sorry for Katie. She seemed involved in a relationship because she was expected to, not because it was her deep desire. I know she's an adult now, but she started courting very young had very little freedom to choose. I'm sure Kelly and Gil encouraged that relationship because Clarks have some money and some power. 

Kelly and Gil were ok with Gothard and sent their teenager girls to travel with him despite the information they had. I'm sure they see no problem with Travis dad. 

I just remembered when one of Rod kids gave a massage to a pastor. It's so disturbing. Purity culture but adult men can touch/be touched by minors? And everybody finds it proper? 

Edited by Melissa1977
Spelling
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 2

I do think Katie was all up for it till shit got real. Being allowed to “date”, and a nice guy from a somewhat wealthy and powerful family, going on trips must have been great. It’s superficial but most teenagers fantasise about their first relationship and are eager for it to happen- even without the Fundie restrictions and ideals. No physical contact was probably easy to romanticise in their world. Having a stylish wedding and moving into a nice house sounds like a fairytale for a Fundie girl. 
The reality though looks different and it seems Katie had to take off those rose coloured glasses quickly. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I really hope they don’t have kids for a long time. His dad is just such a disturbing person. The way he behaves in public is so awful that it is scary to think what he does in private. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I haven’t seen any signs that Travis’s siblings are expecting. Let’s hope they hold off on babies for awhile as well. 

• Upvote 7

Where were all these crazy videos while Katie was courting? Strange to be surfacing now that Katie is married. But then again, do we think she would have called things off had she known Travis's dad has ass hole tendencies🤔

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Where were all these crazy videos while Katie was courting? Strange to be surfacing now that Katie is married. But then again, do we think she would have called things off had she known Travis's dad has ass hole tendencies🤔

I doubt it. None of the Bates girls have been sullied by a broken engagement. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

JFC... what a psycho. I can imagine that seeing that happen in real life I might not fully grasp/remember what the actual fuck happened - but by having it on video to watch is really confronting. I hope by having this shit on video it will over time help Travis (and Katie) leave his family, move to Tennessee out of their control. Although there is his mother to consider - maybe their kids don't want to leave their mother dealing with this weirdo on her own.

• Upvote 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic