IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 8: Kelton has a new Grill - Boredom Ensues

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

That feel really icky and manipulative to me. To get her girls to intervene? What if they don't want a baby sibling? What if Kelton doesn't want another baby?

It's such childish behavior and then I remember that she's still practically a teenager, and even though she's over 20, her emotional maturity is far younger. But now her stunted growth is impacting her children. 

• Upvote 5

This could have gone on any of the threads but I tried to pick the beigiest of the beige. Lol I had to chuckle when this popped on my Insta 19EB98BC-A8BE-4A2C-BEC8-913CE8C348D5.thumb.png.bfc35503603b94c66586c345b5103608.png

• Haha 17

IIRC, Kelton said Josie wanted at least one more.  He may require convincing since he probably prefers Josie not to die having another baby.  Definitely manipulative of her to use the girls if that's the case.

• Upvote 3

If I understand correctly, the antibody condition that Josie has can get worse with each pregnancy. Not so much a health risk for her, but certainly for the baby. I understand wanting more, but I would personally be very, very hesitant to have another. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

IIRC, Kelton said Josie wanted at least one more.  He may require convincing since he probably prefers Josie not to die having another baby.  Definitely manipulative of her to use the girls if that's the case.

He definitely said they want at least one more and then they would evaluate and see what her health was like. It was the same q&a where he said they wouldn't reveal their boy name as they will hopefully be able to use it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

They're on vacation.  I feel like historically they come back and announce a pregnancy post vacation. 

• Upvote 7

From Josie’s IG stories about painting their bathroom. She really isn’t straying far from the beige path here 😂41918BFE-5488-4072-A8F8-3B4469C9F504.thumb.png.e6a6928de472349368d3e90d4629e096.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 19

We've talked about Josie & Carlin not liking each other or at least being distant, not liking posts, etc. I noticed that within the last week or so, they've started liking each others posts. Not all, but, quite a few. Maybe the ice broke with Katie & the baby staying at Carlin's and Josie coming over to visit?

3 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

From Josie’s IG stories about painting their bathroom. She really isn’t straying far from the beige path here 😂41918BFE-5488-4072-A8F8-3B4469C9F504.thumb.png.e6a6928de472349368d3e90d4629e096.png

Gosh 😂 I was in a home decor store and literally a full aisle was beige decorative pillows… I immediately thought of the Bates girls and contemplated taking a pic - gave me a good chuckle haha 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

I'm the dullest at decor, and I usually think  Bates decor is not that bad, but Josie's beigeland is coming to a extreme. How many absolutely identical beige shadows are shown in that picture???

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Beige seems to be really popular right now, not just with Christians. I don’t get it, it’s such a boring colour. I think trying to be gender neutral is a common reason for using it (which would HORRIFY fundies), but there are plenty of other gender neutral options, like red/yellow/green. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Smoochie said:

We've talked about Josie & Carlin not liking each other or at least being distant, not liking posts, etc. I noticed that within the last week or so, they've started liking each others posts. Not all, but, quite a few. Maybe the ice broke with Katie & the baby staying at Carlin's and Josie coming over to visit?

They've always liked each other posts. Not all but most. Generally both Josie and Carlin like tons of instagram posts, it is their social media style. Ignoring each other would be obvious, but they have never done that and they have always commented on big posts. Whatever distance they have, they have always been cordial on social media. 

• Upvote 3

I don't get why navy is not considered a gender neutral colour. It's such a popular colour among adults of any gender, but for babies, it's for boys. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I'm the dullest at decor, and I usually think  Bates decor is not that bad, but Josie's beigeland is coming to a extreme. How many absolutely identical beige shadows are shown in that picture???

I think in the video she said something like they all look the same on video, but they must be able to see the difference in person. My sister remodeled her bathroom and went with a taupe paint. I think it’s supposed to be “spa-like.” I think Josie’s bathroom looks nice, but my bathrooms are blue and green. I think I was going for cheery and Josie is going for calm.

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Beige seems to be really popular right now, not just with Christians. I don’t get it, it’s such a boring colour. I think trying to be gender neutral is a common reason for using it (which would HORRIFY fundies), but there are plenty of other gender neutral options, like red/yellow/green. 

It's hilarious to me that people are rebelling against the 2010s grey by switching to beige! It's just as boring, people!!

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I just noticed Josie even wore brown and beige ski gear! That’s not easy to find. And likely pricey. This feels extreme. 

• Upvote 3

Sigh. All the beige hate makes my heart sad. I happen to love decorating in a greige-y monochromatic with some (muted, of course) accent colors thrown in. I'll be the lone cheerleader over here on the sidelines of team tan.  🤣 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I like grey so I was a fan of all the grey décor, but beige is not for me.  I also like bright colors which I find pop nicely with grey but look out of place with beige.  My whole house is outdated as hell, though, like from the 50s so I'm not pointing fingers.

• Upvote 6

BEC moment: I loathe the slicked back, gelled, pony tail. I do not find it flattering at all! 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 3/30/2023 at 9:20 AM, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

It's hilarious to me that people are rebelling against the 2010s grey by switching to beige! It's just as boring, people!!

Before grey was popular, it was beige. I swear that from 2000-2010 it was all beige. And then 2011-2020 it was grey. Now in the last few years it’s been white. The neutral colors go through cycles. But the weird thing about right now is that the instagram look lacks color. Even when beige was popular in the early 2000s, other colors were as well. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/30/2023 at 4:50 PM, fluffernutter said:

Sigh. All the beige hate makes my heart sad. I happen to love decorating in a greige-y monochromatic with some (muted, of course) accent colors thrown in. I'll be the lone cheerleader over here on the sidelines of team tan.  🤣 

If you yourself like the colour beige, then cool! It’s more the fact that parents are doing it to their children that’s the issue. It’s just such a dull colour for a kid’s room/clothing/toys. Obviously having too many colours could possibly be seen as over-stimulating, maybe, but the whole beige thing is just for an Instagram aesthetic. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic