IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 8: Kelton has a new Grill - Boredom Ensues

samurai_sarah

I love the setting for Josie’s photos. I can see why she wanted photos taken there. Except for poor Hazel wearing an outfit a half step up from a onesie, the rest of them look fine. Willow’s dress is adorable. I just found the photos bad. I get that the trend is for more casual candid shots that aren’t rigidly posed, but half of the pictures, you can’t even see everyone’s faces. None of those photos seem as nice as the ones that Erin and Carlin get of their families at the beach. Maybe because while the setting is beautiful, it’s not “comfortable.”

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, BangBigTheory said:

Josie's over-the-top dress reminds me of this photo shoot of sister Erin:

image.png.e73b2a49e11da590caaa880ae4d6f9a8.png

That one was just such a bad idea all around. I can't even pick who to blame on it.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Josie flew to Connecticut with the girls. The Langdon sisters are from Connecticut and Josie is really close to them. I wonder if Claire and Jason Duggar might be getting engaged and Josie went to help out/do Claire's hair and makeup. 

I wonder if she will also be seeing Katie after. 

• Upvote 5

On 6/6/2023 at 7:15 AM, lumpentheologie said:

The fundie trend of taking pics in evening wear in a field/around some rocks is even weirder when only the wife is dressed up and everyone else is in tshirts 😂

It seems like they really don’t get enough glamor in their lives. I wonder why they don’t get dressed up and go to the symphony or the opera or something. You’d think the fully clothed people, lack of a “back beat,” and old-timey romance would be right up their alley, but no. 

I think  a lot of it has to do with the fact they never got to go to proms, dances, or any 'formal' events.  Alyssa is known for wearing her evening gowns to the steakhouse too.  Josie & Alyssa alike would've probably flourished in a sorority.  Nothing wrong with getting married or having kids, but they seem to think that they must marry at 18 (being raised in the fundie world espec) and to pro create as much as possible.  I don't see Josie & Kelton having beyond two or at max 3.  Just my two cents.  And, yes it'd be one thing if they'd go get glammed up for the ballet, or symphony but I rarely see any of them attending these type of events.

• Upvote 6

I don’t mind the photos. I don’t think Josie’s outfit matches well, but it doesn’t look horrible and I like the more candid feel. They take pictures and have professional photos done enough that I don’t think it matters too much that you can’t see everyone’s face in every photo. Some do look a bit of if focus to me but maybe that’s what they were going for. I’m not sure when they pictures were taken but I’m in AZ too and we have had a relatively slow start to summer and only a handful or so days that have made it over 100. So Josie probably wasn’t to bad with the heavy dress. There are also a ton of places like that all over the place where photographers go the really don’t involve any walking even with beautiful rocks. My daughter took her senior pics in a similar looking area wearing 4 inch strappy heels. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Josie flew to Connecticut with the girls. The Langdon sisters are from Connecticut and Josie is really close to them. I wonder if Claire and Jason Duggar might be getting engaged and Josie went to help out/do Claire's hair and makeup. 

I wonder if she will also be seeing Katie after. 

I must be very very old because I don’t understand why someone would fly to a different state to do the hair and makeup of a friend. For a “surprise” proposal? Can’t the proposee do her own hair and makeup? It’s not like the friend is going to the Academy Awards or a White House dinner. 
Getting engaged to the poorly educated son of a disgraced former reality show family doesn’t seem like an occasion to fly in a personal beauty consultant/friend. Am I missing something here?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, pupper said:

I must be very very old because I don’t understand why someone would fly to a different state to do the hair and makeup of a friend. For a “surprise” proposal? Can’t the proposee do her own hair and makeup? It’s not like the friend is going to the Academy Awards or a White House dinner. 
Getting engaged to the poorly educated son of a disgraced former reality show family doesn’t seem like an occasion to fly in a personal beauty consultant/friend. Am I missing something here?

I mean these proposals are over the top and not normal life. Carlin flew to Florida to help set up Nathan's proposal. Zach and Trace and their wives/families went to Florida to help Jackson. I know a sibling is slightly different than a friend But Josie and the Langdon sisters are really close (and she might also be planning on visiting Katie after). It might seem odd to us, but not in fundie world. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 8

So many of these fundies live lives like influencers. Josie included. Which makes our normal very different from their normal. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So many of these fundies live lives like influencers. Josie included. Which makes our normal very different from their normal. 

Yep. Josie has already posted a reel about travelling with two kids, so she is she getting content out of it (whatever the purpose of the trip). And I bet if she is doing Emma's hari for a proposal, we'll get a reel about that too. So the trip benefits Josie and she gets to help her friend (if that is why she is ther).

• Upvote 2

She is definitely with the Langdons, whether she is there for a visit or for another reason is still to be seen. But I don't think she flew with two kids just to ha g out with people she sees all the time. 

I look at those desert photos and just think cactus spines, centipedes, scorpions, tarantula hawk wasps (and I live in and love the desert). Josie's dress gives me the screaming meemies, thinking of what could attach itself.

• Upvote 1

Isn’t this the second time that Balkas have flown to the Southwest for photos in the last month?

Just now, SassyPants said:

Isn’t this the second time that Balkas have flown to the Southwest for photos in the last month?

Those pictures are from their trip to Arizona a month ago. Josie and the girls are in Connecticut without Kelton right now

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, Kiki03910 said:

I look at those desert photos and just think cactus spines, centipedes, scorpions, tarantula hawk wasps (and I live in and love the desert). Josie's dress gives me the screaming meemies, thinking of what could attach itself.

One time when my kids were young (around 3 and 5), they were at a nature conservatory with their dad and grandma. I don’t know how it happened but they fell into a cactus. And it was the very small spikes. Like they were tiny. But they hurt. I had to get out the bright lights and a magnifying glass to pull them out with tweezers. It was torture! Poor kids. So many tears. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

One time when my kids were young (around 3 and 5), they were at a nature conservatory with their dad and grandma. I don’t know how it happened but they fell into a cactus. And it was the very small spikes. Like they were tiny. But they hurt. I had to get out the bright lights and a magnifying glass to pull them out with tweezers. It was torture! Poor kids. So many tears. 

Your poor kids! Something similar happened to my nephew when he visited years ago. It was so awful. The desert doesn't fuck around.

• Upvote 1

I’m not sure where in CT they are, but if there are proposal plans, I would guess they’re being ruined by the blanket of toxic smoke covering the northeast right now. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Josie just did a photodump confirming that she visited the Langdons. No proposal, at least that she showed. It looked quite girly. 

I can't really bash Josie's photos, because as a family & wedding photographer myself, I totally get it. Some people just really value professional photography, and it's something they make a priority.  These are much more "lifestyle photography" which focuses on prompts to capture more candid/interaction moments as opposed to everyone sitting and smiling. I think they're beautiful. I live in a vacation destination and so I photograph A LOT of families here on vacation getting their family photos done on the beach. I've had a lot of clients who come here specifically for their session. It's all about what you like. I actually have a running list of about 5 photographers who are no where near me that I'd ideally like to fly my family to for a session because their work is, a) that beautiful, and b) a different scenery than what you can get in my area. 

I dress my kids in very classic southern children's clothing. Think smocked sets, jon jons, etc. I'm sure plenty of people side-eye how I dress my kid. Doesn't bother me one bit. 

• Upvote 8

19 hours ago, marmalade said:

Josie just did a photodump confirming that she visited the Langdons. No proposal, at least that she showed. It looked quite girly. 

And other Bates are going up to see the Langdons soon--maybe that will be the proposal proper? image.png.4d2b9fa494d1994b51b75514ac9f0486.png

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

And other Bates are going up to see the Langdons soon--maybe that will be the proposal proper? image.png.4d2b9fa494d1994b51b75514ac9f0486.png

This bugs me more than it should. I just hate that the Bateses are getting off scot free when they should have been included at least a little in the IBLP documentary. And now they found new Shiny Happy BFFs in the Langdons. They will vacation in Connecticut and pretend like they were never best friends with the Duggars for 2 decades. And their association with them gave me all the money and fame they are now enjoying. 

• Upvote 12

image.png.a14e5bf0cc29d10015fbf6a95758dd32.pngIt is commonplace for most of us to dispense with grammatical rules in texts/posts, but there are times when it is just fingernails on the chalkboard.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Hazel is almost 2, I think that if Josie is planning to announce a pregnancy she might do it after the celebration 

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-06-14at12_41_07am.thumb.png.15af8215c46ce77ec0d6597091f8a182.png

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2023 at 7:11 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

This bugs me more than it should. I just hate that the Bateses are getting off scot free when they should have been included at least a little in the IBLP documentary. And now they found new Shiny Happy BFFs in the Langdons. They will vacation in Connecticut and pretend like they were never best friends with the Duggars for 2 decades. And their association with them gave me all the money and fame they are now enjoying. 

So shortly after the Bates got off scott-free from the documentary, an episode of the missing seasons shows up on streaming. I wonder if the rest will follow? And if the documentary was why the show was pulled. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Huh. Strange to think a Bates sighting might actually be a possibility in my tiny state.  I would definitely not engage, but I might elbow my husband so hard he got a bruise.

On 6/7/2023 at 8:35 AM, pupper said:

I must be very very old because I don’t understand why someone would fly to a different state to do the hair and makeup of a friend.

Well, Carlin flew to Arkansas to do Joy's hair and makeup for Joy's photos with Annabelle...

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic