IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 8: Kelton has a new Grill - Boredom Ensues

samurai_sarah

I only drink coffee when I get up and then water the rest of the day. I’m a boring drinker. I would never even attempt a green drink. I’ve thought about this before. And I would only advertise stuff I like. But I guess the Bates girls really want that ad money. 

• Upvote 4

Ooh, I would love it if bota box paid me to promote their wine.  Now there's a product I can honestly promote - when you get home from work and your husband is wiped out from the child using him as a jungle gym, nothing gives you a speedy unwind like a juice glass of dry rose straight from the tap.  Your child will learn to say "mama wine, no touch" before she learns to say her own name.  Pick up a box or three today!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • Love 7

4 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Ooh, I would love it if bota box paid me to promote their wine.  Now there's a product I can honestly promote - when you get home from work and your husband is wiped out from the child using him as a jungle gym, nothing gives you a speedy unwind like a juice glass of dry rose straight from the tap.  Your child will learn to say "mama wine, no touch" before she learns to say her own name.  Pick up a box or three today!

I LOVE YOU.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2

22 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Josie, Whitney and maybe a few others are schilling that green drink again, it must taste awful and I wonder if they actually use/drink it, as they never actually film themselves drinking it in their stories. Whitney says she got used to the taste, Josie says it taste best when mixed with orange juice.  They just film themselves mixing it with liquid and holding the mixed concoction and that's it

I have a friend who ordered it and they got a little box of individual travel servings. They gave me one since I was curious and it tasted so foul I dumped it out. If anyone tells me they like it then I just automatically think they're not being honest. It was the weirdest faux fruit/veggie taste plus something else that tasted super... off? Like it had been sitting in plastic or something for a really long time and took on the essence of it. Blech. And it's like 100.00 for a month's worth! To taste that horrible!

22 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Josie, Whitney and maybe a few others are schilling that green drink again, it must taste awful and I wonder if they actually use/drink it, as they never actually film themselves drinking it in their stories. Whitney says she got used to the taste, Josie says it taste best when mixed with orange juice.  They just film themselves mixing it with liquid and holding the mixed concoction and that's it

I have a friend who ordered it and they got a little box of individual travel servings. They gave me one since I was curious and it tasted so foul I dumped it out. If anyone tells me they like it then I just automatically think they're not being honest. It was the weirdest faux fruit/veggie taste plus something else that tasted super... off? Like it had been sitting in plastic or something for a really long time and took on the essence of it. Blech. And it's like 100.00 for a month's worth! To taste that horrible!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

It looks like Josie and her girls are going to do some modeling/collaborating with an online/IG clothing shop called Roolee. I’m not familiar with it, but not my thing. Suck it, BSB!

Maybe they actually do like to keep some of parts of their lives private, but I’m still so intrigued by how little Josie and Carlin interact. There has to be some bad blood between them. Their kids are so close in age, but they never seem to get together. Josie’s social media basically shows that she has two sisters, Katie and Michael, and one brother, Trace.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1c6dcf9deac0b887e5c34b146a5c0a05.png

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, JDuggs said:

lt looks like Josie and her girls are going to do some modeling/collaborating with an online/IG clothing shop called Roolee. I’m not familiar with it, but not my thing. Suck it, BSB!

It's a Mormon-run boutique that started out by making nursing-friendly clothes. I've always found it funny when Baptist fundies promote them on Instagram.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

It is sort of weird how some siblings just pair up or 3 siblings will be a trio. They loved to talk about how close the whole family is on the show but we all know that’s bullshit. Now that there’s no show, they only get together with the siblings they like. 

Maybe something has changed since Josie’s wedding. Because her MOH was Alyssa. Then her bridesmaids were Carlin, Katie, and Whitney. Then 2 other non relations. 

• Upvote 6

Josie and Carlin go to the same church but you would never be able to tell by their social media. They never seem to interact. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, JDuggs said:

It looks like Josie and her girls are going to do some modeling/collaborating with an online/IG clothing shop called Roolee. I’m not familiar with it, but not my thing. Suck it, BSB!

Maybe they actually do like to keep some of parts of their lives private, but I’m still so intrigued by how little Josie and Carlin interact. There has to be some bad blood between them. Their kids are so close in age, but they never seem to get together. Josie’s social media basically shows that she has two sisters, Katie and Michael, and one brother, Trace.

Hide contents

She sometimes also posts about visiting Tori, and the kids playing together.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It is sort of weird how some siblings just pair up or 3 siblings will be a trio. They loved to talk about how close the whole family is on the show but we all know that’s bullshit. Now that there’s no show, they only get together with the siblings they like. 

Maybe something has changed since Josie’s wedding. Because her MOH was Alyssa. Then her bridesmaids were Carlin, Katie, and Whitney. Then 2 other non relations. 

21 people is the size of a classroom. You can’t be friends with or close to that many people. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I believe it was Erin who recently proclaimed that some of the sisters don't get along. She didn't name names, but she seems to have fallen out with Carlin, who in turn doesn't seem to see anyone except Warden and Whitney (and by extension, Zach).

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Hide contents

If I remember right, right after she got married she was promoting an online boutique called 'Josie'. So either she wasn't invited to start the boutique with them,  due to that, other reasons or chose not too.

Then she opened up her accessories biz and didn't partner with them, though it would have worked as now they sell quite a few different accessories, though not hair. I do recall Carlin wearing some of her hairclips when she first started. How that biz is profitable is beyond me, it's cheap product and can't imagine the markup is that great in comparison to clothing. I think they'd both be pleasant to each other in common company.

I get a mean girl vibe from Erin. Sweet as pie and as fake as a $3 dollar bill, from her voice on down. I think that part of her issue with BSB was them not being quite as wholesome as she wanted and it seem to correspond with her long COVID, etc. thus they splintered. She seems to have doubled down on her fundiness and I could see her completely avoiding and ignoring Carlin & Whitney.

16 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I believe it was Erin who recently proclaimed that some of the sisters don't get along. She didn't name names, but she seems to have fallen out with Carlin, who in turn doesn't seem to see anyone except Warden and Whitney (and by extension, Zach).

Actually, Carlin is close with Katey, Alyssa, Whitney (Zack), Micheala (SP?) and some of the younger ones.

It seems like Josie & Lydia are their own little pack with a couple of other friends due to their biz. Josie is also close with Tori & Michaela.

Lawson & Tiff have been in all their company and vice versa.

I think the majority of them would get along and have fun at parties, etc.  

Edited by Smoochie
  • Upvote 2

Duh! How could I forget Katie? They just parked at her place for like 3 weeks! 😀

I didn't notice any relationship with Michael, but I am sure they're cordial. Michael seems to be a peacemaker.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think there is bad blood between Erin and Carlin, but with Josie I think Carlin is probably just too much. Josie is a good example of an introvert. She isn't someone who seeks attention or seeks out validation. I have a family member like Carlin and the woman exhausts me. I can be in the room with her for 15 minutes and I need the day off afterward. Josie seems to always go visit a baby and mom after the baby is born. She interacts when invited to things. However, I don't really see her being the planner or inviter (with the exception of her work colleagues). Carlin seems to need validation that Josie isn't naturally going to provide.

As for the wedding party, I think UP and Gil/Kelly had more say in that than a bride would hope. The two non-relations were a friend of Josie's (whose now husband is a friend of Kelton's) and one of Kelton's sisters. The show tried to make that three couples dating and being besties thing work really hard. However, Kelton and Bobby were friends. Evan was always the third wheel. Most weddings I have been involved in had a bridesmaid or two who were included because mom or dad said, "but you have to include..."

It's not that unusual for siblings in large families like that to find out they have more in common with outside people as they get out on their own. From watching my parents, it ebbs and flows. At times they want that nostalgia of being with siblings and other times they want to be away from it.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

If I remember right, right after she got married she was promoting an online boutique called 'Josie'. So either she wasn't invited to start the boutique with them,  due to that, other reasons or chose not too.

Then she opened up her accessories biz and didn't partner with them, though it would have worked as now they sell quite a few different accessories, though not hair. I do recall Carlin wearing some of her hairclips when she first started. How that biz is profitable is beyond me, it's cheap product and can't imagine the markup is that great in comparison to clothing. I think they'd both be pleasant to each other in common company.

I get a mean girl vibe from Erin. Sweet as pie and as fake as a $3 dollar bill, from her voice on down. I think that part of her issue with BSB was them not being quite as wholesome as she wanted and it seem to correspond with her long COVID, etc. thus they splintered. She seems to have doubled down on her fundiness and I could see her completely avoiding and ignoring Carlin & Whitney.

Josie did promote Josie's Boutique. She did a few pics for BSB but just a handful. I don't think she was interested in collaborating with her sisters and was focused on event hair and makeup with her friend. I know some have questioned why she doesn't set up a booth at the BSB friends and family days. However, those are usually on Saturday when Josie is doing stuff for weddings, etc. That's her bread and butter. Hair accessories and jewelry might not have the profit potential of cheap clothing but it doesn't have the overhead either. She can stock a variety without having to have 3-6 sizes of every color variety. What's interesting to me is that she isn't trading in on the Bates name quite as hard. That might prove to be smart in the long run. 

Erin does seem quite fake, but honestly they all do in varying degrees. Cheap dresses and plastic hair clips have got to have more of a market than Bible cards.

• Upvote 3

Michael is definitely the peacemaker. She’s the second Kelly Jo of the family. So just like Kelly, she’s going to visit with and get along with all the kids. Michael did help raise most of them (not the oldest few since they were her only friends for years). 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Josie did promote Josie's Boutique. She did a few pics for BSB but just a handful. I don't think she was interested in collaborating with her sisters and was focused on event hair and makeup with her friend. I know some have questioned why she doesn't set up a booth at the BSB friends and family days. However, those are usually on Saturday when Josie is doing stuff for weddings, etc. That's her bread and butter. Hair accessories and jewelry might not have the profit potential of cheap clothing but it doesn't have the overhead either. She can stock a variety without having to have 3-6 sizes of every color variety. What's interesting to me is that she isn't trading in on the Bates name quite as hard. That might prove to be smart in the long run. 

Erin does seem quite fake, but honestly they all do in varying degrees. Cheap dresses and plastic hair clips have got to have more of a market than Bible cards.

What stands out to me is that Josie is a hard worker. Aside from being an introvert, Josie seems like she is a more serious, devoted business owner. Maybe I am wrong, and I don’t follow Zach and Whit, so limited knowledge about their work habits, but the Stewarts do not seem as career focused as Kelton and Josie. Maybe Josie decided to have a business independent of her family because she has a different work ethic? I also realize that for the Stewarts, the boutique is likely just a hobby. I really think that their income is derived from their SM platforms.

• Upvote 5

Can you imagine the noise level when they are all together? There's a lot of big personalties in that family. Lawson and Carlin... and alllllllllll the kids. OMG the noise level must be insane when they are together.  I'd find myself just trying to stay out of the crazy and find some peace. Add to that the conflicts between the siblings, whatever and whoever they are, the cliques and groups, I'd totally falter in that type of atmosphere. It would be hard to be an introvert in a family that size. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

Can you imagine the noise level when they are all together? There's a lot of big personalties in that family. Lawson and Carlin... and alllllllllll the kids. OMG the noise level must be insane when they are together.  I'd find myself just trying to stay out of the crazy and find some peace. Add to that the conflicts between the siblings, whatever and whoever they are, the cliques and groups, I'd totally falter in that type of atmosphere. It would be hard to be an introvert in a family that size. 

I bet it’s awful. My dad’s side of the family is LOUD. Many of us are loud talkers. And most of the kids were called “mouth” at one point or another because we were all so loud and couldn’t shut up. I’m a loud laugher. As a kid I basically shout talked. I’m sure the Bateses are like that. Everyone goes home with headaches. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

What stands out to me is that Josie is a hard worker. Aside from being an introvert, Josie seems like she is a more serious, devoted business owner. Maybe I am wrong, and I don’t follow Zach and Whit, so limited knowledge about their work habits, but the Stewarts do not seem as career focused as Kelton and Josie. Maybe Josie decided to have a business independent of her family because she has a different work ethic? I also realize that for the Stewarts, the boutique is likely just a hobby. I really think that their income is derived from their SM platforms.

She may have gone to Clown (I mean Crown), but she is focusing on her field of study with event hairstyling, accessories, etc. Kelton studied business at PCC. So I think they were best prepared to start and sustain businesses. I would have trouble working for or with my sisters and SIL who have no business knowledge/experience and simply liked the idea of selling dresses. Add in Carlin and Erin seeming to be quite bossy, I can say I'd probably pull a Josie too. 

In terms of Carlin and Whitney, back before Carlin started having health issues, Whitney was a hard worker. She was always seen in Carlin's SM videos to be packing shipments, folding clothes, etc. Carlin was shooting video a few times a day and wasn't really seen digging into the whole thing. I work in marketing, PR, comms, etc. Yes, we take time to shoot video and pics, but Carlin's was quite excessive. She reminded me of people I work with who aren't hard working and would do a minimal task and then out came the camera or phone. It does appear to be a hobby to her and something she can bring her kids to unlike most people's jobs. That's great if you can do it, but I wouldn't want to work with her. The older I get the less patience I have.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Absolutely. Maybe that is why I can more easily relate to Josie, and to a lesser degree, Alyssa. I hate noisy. I would have jumped out of my skin living in the Rocky Top, TN or Tontitown, AR houses.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

So Josie and Kelton are off on a weekend getaway and left the girls with Michaela. The other day she was telling the girls to ask Daddy for a baby brother or sister, so either is Josie pregnant or she wants to be and this week d is that opportunity. December 2023 baby for Josie and Kelton? 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 4

5 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

The other day she was telling the girls to ask Daddy for a baby brother or sister, so either is Josie pregnant or she wants to be

That feel really icky and manipulative to me. To get her girls to intervene? What if they don't want a baby sibling? What if Kelton doesn't want another baby?

• Upvote 11

40 minutes ago, WannabeHistorian said:

Didn't the doctor say no more kids after Hazel's health issues?

No. Just that the clotting order would be present in future pregnancies. Josie and Kelton were pretty clear they want at least one more. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic