IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 8: Kelton has a new Grill - Boredom Ensues

samurai_sarah

Josie mentioned having baby fever when looking at last year's Christmas photos when Hazel was so tiny.  Wonder if they are, or will try for number 3 next year.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 11/19/2022 at 2:46 PM, 0 kids n not countin said:

Josie mentioned having baby fever when looking at last year's Christmas photos when Hazel was so tiny.  Wonder if they are, or will try for number 3 next year.

I have Josie in my 2022 predictions as announcing before the end of the year. She's my last Bates prediction that hasn't happened yet. C'mon Josie!

• Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, Sk8ter said:

I have Josie in my 2022 predictions as announcing before the end of the year. She's my last Bates prediction that hasn't happened yet. C'mon Josie!

Oh no! I want to see Josie have a big gap and concentrate on her two girls and her career for a good few years before she even thinks about another baby. 

• I Agree 12

Oh gosh - 2023 could be crazy! 

Katie and Alyssa are already pregnant. 

So probably Josie, Tiffany, Lydia, Tori

Possibly Whitney 

Am I forgetting anybody? 

• Upvote 3

I can see Josie and Kelton having a couple more but I would like for her to wait a bit. She seems to be doing decently career wise and I'm curious to see what these next few years will bring her. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

I can see Josie and Kelton having a couple more but I would like for her to wait a bit. She seems to be doing decently career wise and I'm curious to see what these next few years will bring her. 

Plus, Josie is so young. They could wait 10 years, and Josie would still be a reasonably young mother.

I watched the YT  Q and A with Katie and Alyssa. There’s 6 years separating them, and you can tell. It’s a world of difference in how they present themselves.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Josie's health issues with Hazel's pregnancy were really scary. I would hope they're having honest conversations with doctors if they want more and not just going on "baby fever."

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

Saw this and was reminded of the way Josie and Carlin dress their kids:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClN6Mq5AY6S/?igshid=YTY2NzY3YTc=

And here’s a humorous account poking fun at this beige trend for kids:

https://instagram.com/officialsadbeige?igshid=YTY2NzY3YTc=

Too good not to share!!!

• Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

I have always loved bright colors. Beige isn't gonna work for us, no matter how trendy it becomes.

Also, those ridiculous bell bottom pants for toddlers are apparently quite popular. I sigh every time I get an ad for them because they look SO hard to walk in.

• Upvote 4

On 11/6/2022 at 7:58 AM, JDuggs said:

The Balkas went camping with Kelton’s family and a bear prowled through their campsite all night. Josie, Kelton and their girls were in their camper and I’m guessing that everyone else was either in a camper or quickly got into one. They didn’t leave any food outside, but the bear tore through their supplies that were left outside.

Where did you see this?  

On 11/7/2022 at 2:14 PM, BeccaGrim said:

These people spend a huge amount of time camping. Weren't they just camping?  Its insane how much vacation these people get.  

We both work full time and spend most weekends camping. Our friends with little kids join us on Fourth of July, Memorial Day, and Labor Day weekends. I don't think it's that weird, it's a very inexpensive hobby, and we get to see some really cool things. 

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I have always loved bright colors. Beige isn't gonna work for us, no matter how trendy it becomes.

Also, those ridiculous bell bottom pants for toddlers are apparently quite popular. I sigh every time I get an ad for them because they look SO hard to walk in.

I like bright colors but I also really like some of these outfits that have been deemed "sad." They look way nicer than some of the stuff I see kids in, color or not. I  really hate graphic tees/logos/anything that looks cheap/itchy or like someone should be paying the kids to advertise for them. 

I  associate bell bottoms with high school in the 90s and don't think they are appropriate for children, it's my own issue. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2022 at 6:14 PM, BeccaGrim said:

These people spend a huge amount of time camping. Weren't they just camping?  Its insane how much vacation these people get.  

I know a lot of people who go camping or to the cottage every weekend in the summer. If you camp local, it is a great weekend getaway without traveling too far. Especially if you have an RV. 

• Upvote 4

I'm a beige fan. Any shade of tan, brown, gray, ecru, with some black and navy blue thrown in there when I'm feeling spicy. Oh and burnt orange. I forgot burnt orange. And like a very muted olive green. I can't help it, I've always been this way. I am old enough to remember going to "season" parties with my mom as a kid- like someone would come to a gathering of women and tell them what their season was and what colors to wear and avoid. The lady told me to avoid black and I was like well that's not gonna work. I was maybe twelve. 😆

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I know a lot of people who go camping or to the cottage every weekend in the summer. If you camp local, it is a great weekend getaway without traveling too far. Especially if you have an RV. 

Yes. The Balkas live in East Tennessee, with plenty of national parks/forests/state parks within  just a few miles from their home. No need to take any vacation time.

• Upvote 6

On 11/20/2022 at 5:32 PM, Hazelbunny said:

Oh gosh - 2023 could be crazy! 

Katie and Alyssa are already pregnant. 

So probably Josie, Tiffany, Lydia, Tori

Possibly Whitney 

Am I forgetting anybody? 

Esther. She just had a baby, but I think she and Nathan are going to be birthin’ for Jesus for the next few years. She may not actually give birth in 2023, but I would be willing to bet she announces another pregnancy. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Josie and Kelton threw a holiday work party at their home. I swear these two come across as the least fundie of all the Bateses. I say this because to me, a hallmark of a fundie is the constant weaving of their religion into absolutely everything. They can’t post on social media about anything without mentioning god, Jesus, the Bible, or their religious beliefs. They just can’t help themselves! But Josie rarely posts about religion. She doesn’t seem like she’s trying to convert anyone. She isn’t constantly saying how blessed by god she is. Their holiday party looked like a standard holiday party. Most fundies would probably take the chance to give a big sermon in the middle of it. I’m sure Josie’s father would have. 

• Upvote 13

On 12/6/2022 at 10:19 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Josie and Kelton threw a holiday work party at their home. I swear these two come across as the least fundie of all the Bateses. I say this because to me, a hallmark of a fundie is the constant weaving of their religion into absolutely everything. They can’t post on social media about anything without mentioning god, Jesus, the Bible, or their religious beliefs. They just can’t help themselves! But Josie rarely posts about religion. She doesn’t seem like she’s trying to convert anyone. She isn’t constantly saying how blessed by god she is. Their holiday party looked like a standard holiday party. Most fundies would probably take the chance to give a big sermon in the middle of it. I’m sure Josie’s father would have. 

I’ve seen her post vids with Kelton reading Bible stories to the girls but there’s not usually sound and she doesn’t say anything about it. And maybe mentioning going to church occasionally. But you’re right—it’s not constant and in your face. Travis and Katie too. They mention church but not religion very often. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

I’ve seen her post vids with Kelton reading Bible stories to the girls but there’s not usually sound and she doesn’t say anything about it. And maybe mentioning going to church occasionally. But you’re right—it’s not constant and in your face. Travis and Katie too. They mention church but not religion very often. 

I wonder how much Josie and Kelton are making via social media. Travis and Katie openly make their living off of it, and so it makes sense that they want to be more "viewer friendly" and keep it vague, because that keeps more people engaged in the content.

It's also an easy line for them to walk -at this point, while it's important to remember their views are extreme and only no longer seem so comparatively because of the Overton window shifting- they're otherwise fairly typical conservative Christians, the likes of which can be found all over the country.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Josie mentioned in a story that they were trying a new babysitter and that she has never actually met her before, but she came recommended from a friend. That seems unusual for a fundie. Josie does seem the most willing to pay for outside help and has mentioned having a regular sitter before (besides Michaela).

• Upvote 5

43 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Josie mentioned in a story that they were trying a new babysitter and that she has never actually met her before, but she came recommended from a friend. That seems unusual for a fundie. Josie does seem the most willing to pay for outside help and has mentioned having a regular sitter before (besides Michaela).

Many of the daughters are very much like Gil. They expect others to help them and expect those others to not just enjoy it but volunteer to do it. Alyssa, Erin, and Carlin all come off this way to me. I don't mind helping my friends in their times of need. I just don't think I should be the go to, expected source of babysitting, cooking, cleaning, and more. If you listen to Carlin, Erin, and Alyssa, they talk about helping such and such a person because they helped them. It becomes a big gratitude circle where you can't escape.

I can appreciate that Josie might not want to be a part of that. She's quieter and more independent (at least that is how it seems) than some of her siblings. So maybe she doesn't want to take help because she doesn't want to owe it.

• Upvote 7

Josie also seems to rely on her little sisters less than the others. I think she does value being independent. It has been implied by both ehr and Michaela, that she pays Michaela for her help.

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Josie also seems to rely on her little sisters less than the others. I think she does value being independent. It has been implied by both ehr and Michaela, that she pays Michaela for her help.

got to respect that at least (awful fundie beliefs aside)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Things I respect about the Balkas: Independence, apparent work ethic, simple life, live within their means, let their kids be kids, have stated that they love their current family size and being able to give each girl individual time and attention.  Religious beliefs aside, they just seem like lots of young families. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 4

36 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Things I respect about the Balkas: Independence, apparent work ethic, simple life, live within their means, let their kids be kids, have stated that they love their current family size and being able to give each girl individual time and attention.  Religious beliefs aside, they just seem like lots of young families. 

You also have to leave politics aside. Kelton follows Trump, DeSantis, Cruz and Boebert on IG. They’re just smart enough not to spout if off all the time.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I’ve said this before but if I didn’t know anything about them and just happen on them on SM, I would not think they were fundie. I probably wouldn’t even peg them as conservative Christian at first. I would probably assume they were mainstream Christians just based on their social media posts. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve said this before but if I didn’t know anything about them and just happen on them on SM, I would not think they were fundie. I probably wouldn’t even peg them as conservative Christian at first. I would probably assume they were mainstream Christians just based on their social media posts. 

Well, Josie posted that story if Willow singing the Obedience Song. It's especially cringey. And religious. Let me see if I can find it so everyone can judge for themselves.

Found it! 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic