IGNORED

Josie & Kelton 8: Kelton has a new Grill - Boredom Ensues

samurai_sarah

I have hoooded eyes that have become less so as I age. A huge part of it is training yourself to constantly lift your eyebrows somewhat. Another thing is angles and make up. Combined the difference can be striking.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I have very hooded eyes, but when I started getting Botox they got a lot more open. I could see Josie doing something like that more than surgery. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

I had a bunch of tests on Tuesday to get ready for cataract surgery and they kept having to do things to keep my eyelids out of the way. I know they're hooded and collagen is a distant memory, but it was just a little bit disheartening, as I'm just used to them that way, I guess. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I had a bunch of tests on Tuesday to get ready for cataract surgery and they kept having to do things to keep my eyelids out of the way. I know they're hooded and collagen is a distant memory, but it was just a little bit disheartening, as I'm just used to them that way, I guess. 

I wonder if eyelid surgery is ever botched and then a person’s eyelids are much too open. I feel like I squint a lot in the sun. If I squint now and I think mine are fairly hooded, I wonder how bad it would be if I had a surgery on them. My eyes just can’t handle brightness. I would much rather have hooded eyelids than ones that are too open. 

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if eyelid surgery is ever botched and then a person’s eyelids are much too open. I feel like I squint a lot in the sun. If I squint now and I think mine are fairly hooded, I wonder how bad it would be if I had a surgery on them. My eyes just can’t handle brightness. I would much rather have hooded eyelids than ones that are too open. 

When my older brother was a little boy, he had a droopy eye, and the repair to it was overdone a bit, so that his eye never fully shut again, but that was like...over 60 years ago. It was weird to watch him nap, always seeming like he was looking at you through the slit of that one eye. 

I expect this is one of the many surgeries that have been improved since then. 🙂

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

On 11/3/2022 at 10:20 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if eyelid surgery is ever botched and then a person’s eyelids are much too open.

I know this isn't funny, but for some reason it made me imagine people who look perpetually shocked.

2 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I know this isn't funny, but for some reason it made me imagine people who look perpetually shocked.

Those are botched brow lifts! I’ve seen a picture of one. The eye brows were much too high. And it made the person look surprised. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

The Balkas went camping with Kelton’s family and a bear prowled through their campsite all night. Josie, Kelton and their girls were in their camper and I’m guessing that everyone else was either in a camper or quickly got into one. They didn’t leave any food outside, but the bear tore through their supplies that were left outside.

• WTF 2

Josie getting some baby botox would not surprise me what so ever. Sadly a lot of people are getting botox earlier and earlier to "prevent early aging" 🙄 Your seeing people as young as 23 getting this procedure.

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, displayname said:

Josie getting some baby botox would not surprise me what so ever. Sadly a lot of people are getting botox earlier and earlier to "prevent early aging" 🙄 Your seeing people as young as 23 getting this procedure.

I’m in my late 20s and agree… so many people seem to be getting Botox/filler (especially lip filler). 

3 hours ago, displayname said:

Not sure why this is sad? Preventative Botox is much more effective (and cheaper) than treating wrinkles after they’re etched into the skin. I’m very happy with my results. 

Can we just let women control their own bodies as they see fit? Really it’s no one else’s business , and the ‘natural is best’ crowd comes off as really judgmental. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

28 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Not sure why this is sad? Preventative Botox is much more effective (and cheaper) than treating wrinkles after they’re etched into the skin. I’m very happy with my results. 

Can we just let women control their own bodies as they see fit? Really it’s no one else’s business , and the ‘natural is best’ crowd comes off as really judgmental. 

Sorry if my comment above came across that way! I was just saying that I’ve observed a lot of people in my age group getting Botox and fillers and I don’t know if that was the case before. I totally agree with you - I’m pro doing whatever makes you feel best in your body. :) I’ve personally loved laser hair removal which I feel like can be considered in the same category too. 

• Upvote 5

I'm not going to ignore the social pressure women go through to stay looking young. You do you, I'm glad you liked your results. 

Oh and I never said natural is best? Don't know where you read those words on my post. @lumpentheologie

Edited by displayname
last sentence
  • Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Eyeroll 1

My eyes were very much opened when I realized Botox is sort of like dyeing your hair. 100 years ago, dyeing your hair was looked down on. Only prostitutes and loose women dyed their hair (that was the opinion). Then as time went on, it became more and more normalized. Same thing with makeup. There are small things we can do to ourselves to feel better about our looks. And that’s ok. And it’s also ok if you don’t want to do it. But if you compare attitudes to Botox now and 20 years ago, things have changed a lot. And Botox will become more and more common in the future. So I’m pretty accepting of these non invasive things we do to feel better about our looks. I say go for it if you are interested. And if you hate it, then it should wear off eventually. But always go to a well reviewed professional with lots of experience. That’s my only advice. I think I may try Botox in a few years. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Babes I've have had a breast augmentation, a tummy tuck, and blepharoplasty (this one isn't a good example of voluntary though, I was pressured by my parents to get that procedure when I was 17 and I hadn't grown a back bone yet).  I never said natural was best, not a single time in my post. I'm still going to be sad that we have to worry about aging in our early twenties, and if you take my sadness as a judgement then idk what to do with that line of logic.

• Upvote 5

At the end of the day do what makes you happy. If you wanna get Botox great, if not that's cool too. I like to dye my hair, my roommate gets eyelash extensions, my sister gets her nails done.... who cares just let people be!!! 

• Upvote 1

I would get botox if it wasn‘t that expensive. I wouldn’t do fillers since I read about fillers migrating, causing autoimmune symptoms and showing up on MRI scans even after being „dissolved“

• Upvote 1

These people spend a huge amount of time camping. Weren't they just camping?  Its insane how much vacation these people get.  

• I Agree 2

20 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

These people spend a huge amount of time camping. Weren't they just camping?  Its insane how much vacation these people get.  

The bears would totally freak me out, so much so it would probably be my last camping trip period!!  Good thing I'm not into camping!!😅  Yes, wild animals are partly the reason why!!😬

• Upvote 3

On 11/6/2022 at 6:29 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Bears are why I never camp.  Food stealing jerks.

I went camping in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park in September, and all the campsites had bear boxes. It was so nice not to have to worry about bringing bear bags or hanging our food and toiletries from trees.

• Upvote 3

I got acid hialuronic shots (sorry, I don't know if it's the English term). It works great for me. I'm not taking botox because my friends who use it have quite an "artificial" look after a few times. If I saw a natural result, I would try it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 7:30 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those are botched brow lifts! I’ve seen a picture of one. The eye brows were much too high. And it made the person look surprised. 

Ariana Grande is kind of another example? She seemingly has permanent smug face, which by all accounts matches her very well.

Her face was pretty darn perfect before. I miss the old Ariana Grande.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic